Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Robin Orca
Msg: 151
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 7 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
To add to this thread, I am a bisexual woman. I have been married once and in committed relationships and have not cheated. The fact that a person is bisexual doesn't make them more likely to cheat, in fact, I would guess it would be less. the reason being that they have already experimented in those areas. A person who has not, and is presented with the opportunity, who has any curiosity at all, could possibly be a bigger threat in that department. Make sense?
 ya472
Msg: 152
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:13:58 AM

Sorry Questing, I don't get your point. ???

By the way, I never stated anything about homosexuality or hetrosexuality, just bi-sexuality.

The only issue I brought up, is that a monogamous relationship has no lieniency for bi-sexuality.

mono and bi cannot share the same byline. lol

-Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:15:26 AM
@Blew

No problem. I think that's the whole problem with this thread, people think bi-sexuals actively practice that other facet of their sexual nature.

@Robin

Neat way to look at it. You definitely have a point there, I'm so open minded, not much phases me anymore. I've sowed my oats and the thought of straying even when I was younger was never an issue, just because I'm open about what I like now, sure doesn't mean I'm any less of a person.
 questing41
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:23:32 AM
ya472>
Being bi-sexual has no conflict with being monogamous, in the same way being heterosexual has no conflict with being monogamous.

Your argument isn't based on sexuality at all (except in an ad hominem sense).

If I'm in a relationship with a girl, that girl being able to find other girls attractive is in no way materially different than her being able to find other guys than me attractive.

Thus, to avoid hypocrisy, you should be able to tell me that when you're in a relationship with a gal, that you find no one else the least bit interesting or attractive (be they anyone.. models, actresses, your first love). If that's true, I applaud you!

But if so, it still has nothing to do with sexuality, because you're attracted to that person, not their sex.

You're welcome to (futilely) dispute any of my premises though :)
 ya472
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:24:43 AM

I should get to work. LOL

For a hetrosexual person, there is the temptation of four billion people of the opposite sex.

For a bisexual person, everyone is a sexual temptation.

How scary! I will be happy with just one responsible partner.

And if that one person is bi-sexual, it will be important, AFTER our relationship ENDS.

Double Cabin
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:29:22 AM
^^^That my friend is the right answer in my kenning. I'm afraid of other penises though, my last vestige of homophobia, so I'd have to say I might marry a bisexual that was born with and kept her vagina.
 ya472
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:35:52 AM

We agree Questing

But if so, it still has nothing to do with sexuality, because you're attracted to that person, not their sex.

But you are just a little confused.

When you are truely attracted to a person, you forsake all others; sexually, spiritually and emotionally.

example: I love my mother, but am no way sexually attracted to her.

Bi-sexuality is just that, a sexual issue.

questing41
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:56:39 AM
No confusion :) But to clarify, bi-sexuality is no more or less a sexual issue than heterosexuality here.

Being as committed as you say in that "you forsake all others; sexually, spiritually and emotionally. ", that goes beyond that person's sex, to who they are individually. Being able to do that has nothing to do with your own orientation.

To forsake all others is no harder for a heterosexual than a bi.

Both classifications in and of themselves imply that they find a larger group attractive. You seem stuck on semantics, but attack one classification for implying that those in that group can't be monogamous while not the others.
 JasmineKai
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:00:22 AM

It is impossible to marry a bisexual person !

Bisexuality is only obvious when you view history, because if someone is committed to their existing relationship, their sexuality is limited to their current situation, it has to monogamous.

Just to quote what the faulty thinking is.

Bisexuality is an orientation. Orientation is not limited to your current situation. Either you ARE or you AREN'T attracted to men. Women. Both. Being Bisexual does not mean you are at all times seeking another mate. Therefore it has no relevance to the whole monogomy/cheating argument

You're using a semantic "tense" argument to twist wording. Saying someone who IS bi is therefore practicing their bi-dom due to the fact that someone used the word IS. Meaning current. This is poor logic.
 questing41
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:15:18 AM
blah, that's not quite right. (referring to my above)

The sex of a person in a completely exclusive (mind, body, spirit) relationship can be important... but in that case they're not really hetero, homo, or bi.

And certainly in such a relationship you can love others in a different fashion, parents, pets, etc.

But to uhm, get back to the main point :p A bisexual is no more unable to be monogamous than a heterosexual.
 ya472
Msg: 161
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:17:52 AM

Jasmine

You missed message #145

Orientation - is toward your partner. (in the singular sense)

Being sexually screwed up is semantic.

nicemale
Msg: 162
Would you marry .......?
Posted: 11/18/2005 11:20:44 AM
Yes!!! Sure!!! .... but she have to agree with three some!!!
 taurus516
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Would you marry .......?
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:50:15 AM
Yes!!! Sure!!! .... but she have to agree with three some!!!

Of course then you defeat the purpose of her being bisexual if she's not into threesomes!
 buccaneer38
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:13:10 AM
I have to say that in the fall of 1942, Dr. Henry Water was doing a study using the discarded cells of human beings of both hetrosexuals and homosexuals and accidently bisexuals as well. He found that bisexuals discarded cells floated in a milk bath but neither hetrosexuals or homosexuals cells floated in the bath. You might ask well, what does this have to do with the question "Would you marry a bisexual woman/man"? You will have to focus for a moment and try to see where I am going with this. Bisexual women's cells floated, whereas both hetrosexual and homosexuals cells would not float in the milk bath. He tried other different baths or mixtures ie; tea, soda, ink, acid etc and only milk caused the cells to float. So, with that in mind, consider other forms of life. Tree cells, other animal cells even milk products such as cheese, none were found to float in the milk bath? Without being too wordy, I might bring to your mind other later experiments involving alcohols that were mixed in other liquids. Mostly either one or the other floated to the top. Even when you melt metals you will find that none float. You have a seperation related to the temperature. In Dr. Henry Water's experiments he never even used temperature as any sort of guide whatsoever. It is obvious through his experiments that cells differ in their complexity even in atmospheric variances noted at sea level, so with that said, noting the bisexual and hetrosexual, homosexual differances, there isn't a understanding of the bisexual connection up until this point in history that we can put our finger on scientifically without an understanding of the DNA component that might be regulated though the unknown cycling of a so far misunderstood component. In short, no I would not marry a bisexual woman.
 aylesford
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:23:54 AM
Pologomy could be the answer for this one!
 ya472
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:43:07 AM

For your consideration Buccanneer38 ;

Dr Henry Water's experiments were severly inadequate as he did not process lesbian cells.

Blastkist
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:46:26 AM
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Would I sleep with one...sure!
Would I go out with one...sure!
Would I marry him...why?

As long as he's faithful and I get to pick our third wheel, it's all good ! LOL!

That was a joke people.

I don't think I could do it, but it is an interesting idea. But only if he shares.
 ya472
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:55:06 AM

If I masturbate before having sex with a woman, am I bisexual ?

If a bisexual person marries another bisexual person..... .... ..... ...

Oh hell, this sexual stuff is too complicated.. celibacy rules !

Damn, what am I going to do with myself now .

gothygeek
Msg: 169
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:59:20 AM

That my friend is the right answer in my kenning. I'm afraid of other penises though, my last vestige of homophobia, so I'd have to say I might marry a bisexual that was born with and kept her vagina.

Er, bisexuality has nothing to do with being transgendered. I know many bisexual people who aren't transgendered and a lot of transgendered people who aren't bisexual. And yes, I know some who are both. I also know transgendered people who identify as gay and some as straight.

To answer your question; yes I would. Bi people aren't any more likely to be poly or to want an open marriage than straight people. By and large, the majority of my bi friends are in monogamous relationships. Of the ones who are poly; the relationships work out well because…. Wait for it…. they actually communicate their needs and expectations. What a concept, eh?
 sweet_guy27
Msg: 170
Posted: 7/17/2006 5:05:44 AM
I would never date/marry a bi woman. Made that mistake: 1st girl said she was bi and i thought i would giver a chance, she tells me later that she was thinking of a girl so i let her go.

2nd time this other girl told me she was bi and was straight and then i found out later that she lied to me the whole time (almost a year after) that hurt like WHOA but i got over it in time. I have learned my lesson.

I want my women straight and girly/womanly.
 awaitingyu
Msg: 171
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:39:02 AM
Would I marry a bisexual woman? ugh...IF ONLY ! I'm working on trying to find one to date let alone marry heheheee

There's a difference between someone who's "bi" and someones who's "bi-all" meaning someone who's just bi likes it here and there..."bi-all" wants the whole girlfriend thing and still have a boyfriend....than its touchy
 Xtype
Msg: 172
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:50:06 AM
Most of us guys have enough difficulty finding one who is hetrosexual, never mind bisexual
 awaitingyu
Msg: 173
Posted: 7/17/2006 7:03:44 AM
The bisexual ones I always meet, end up turning completely straight around me cuz they don't want to share me!! yea, my luck, NOT ! SUCKS ! lol
 scorpiofire888
Msg: 174
Posted: 7/17/2006 7:23:31 AM
I have to say that i've never seen such a display of bigotry and ignorance in my life!
Every bi-sexual person out there is no more promiscious then an heterosexual person.Like you,if single,we might decide to play the field,our choices just happen to be more varied But we ,as a whole,do not necessarily have a problem being monogamous!
I've personaly never cheated while in a commited monogamous relationship,i was in it by choice.If i fell in love with a man who was open-minded enough to allow me the occasional sexual encounter with a woman without feeling threatened by it,wonderful!.But its certainly not a criteria by which i choose to fall in love.
As for being confused,i guess we all are for a while and during that period,i think its only fair not to get involved seriously with anyone.But we're not morons and we do eventually figure out what we are and what we want.
Like any other relationship,the key to success is communication and honesty.The threat you feel is only a reflection of your own insecurities.Get with it people.You dont know what you're missing by being so close minded about sexuality!
 kentboy
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2006 7:36:41 AM
No, because I couldnt trust that the woman I was with was completely satisfied being with me, and that they werent going to go off with another girl.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?