Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 201
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 9 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
The only thing I would see if you are bi, you have a bigger pond to if you do decide to cheat!!
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 202
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:23:40 PM

Ok...I'm not aiming this response at you ^^^^^^ Going back it seems a lot of people are confused by this too. So this is in general of people being 'still bi'

this seems to be something else people are confused about. If your orientation is bisexual...it wil always be bisexual, you dont become heterosexual when you are with someone of the opposite sex, people won'[t ever change a bisexual person's orientation....BUT is does not mean they *crave* to be sexually active with people of both genders, it doesn't change the fact that if someone is bisexual and is with you...it's because they chose to be with you becuase they care about you, and not someone of the same sex....I really don't get why people aren't understanding this...if they have been in a relationship with a bisexual that dumped them saying they wanted to be with someone of the same sex, *gasp* it means they didn't love them to begin with. It's the same with a heterosexual couple, if your partner loves you theres no worry, because you trust each other, but if they don't love you, even if their heterosexual, they'll still run off and cheat. It's the same in heterosexual and bisexual relationships, there needs to be trust and love. God, if people are worried about a bisexual partner cheating on them, the bisexual can just as easily cheat with someone of the opposite sex. It really seems to me that people's fear of bisexuals in a relationship is groundless.

Yeah... its like saying "I won't date anyone who's straight because I want to be the only man she loves and if she's still attracted to men while being with me then THAT IS A BIG FAT NO"

Its mostly just lack of proper information and ignorance that causes these kneejerk reactions i think.

I also think that the younger crowd isn't as likely to be caught up in it as the older ones, unless they are just from some super opressive religious background.

I'm pretty sure every girl I've dated except 1 has been bi-sexual.. hell, I just assumed all girls were ;)
 Danp_13
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:35:25 PM
BAHAH ! if she has bisexual girfriends SURE!
 Timbucktwo_
Msg: 204
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:39:36 PM
I like chocolate cake.
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:42:57 PM

Msg 202,
I don't believe you can speak for the bi-sexuals.

...As a bisexual, I sure as hell can speak for them, thank you very much.
 tryintodulc
Msg: 206
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:51:25 PM
I probably wouldn't.....

I had some sort of weird dating thing with a bi-woman one time. As we were eating out, she pointed to one of the waitresses and said, "ya see, that's the sort of type I'd go for" and blah blah blah on the why of it all.

And I'm sitting there thinking...."what?".

Good thing it was still dutch.
 MJ50273
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:01:33 PM
That's a good and tough question. I guess it would depend on the woman and the relationship. I won't say absolutely not, nor will I say certainly.
 t-gurl
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:03:08 PM
^^^^^^ and that right there is the perfect answer
 zentral
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:16:41 PM
As the above posters said - it would depend. With any relationship, it depends, doesn't it?

A dear friend of ours married a bisexual woman. She's a wonderful person, and they have a great relationship. I believe she's given up her other interests to be with him, but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't have any problem with it myself, if there were clear boundaries that we could both agree to and respect, and in all other respects the relationship was good.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:44:15 PM
Leara.. I was gonna message you but you defeated me with age restrictions!
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:47:15 PM
If theres something you need to msg me about I'll remove it for a while. lol
 interorl7
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/6/2007 1:24:44 AM
BraZen, Synical, JasmineKai, questing41, AgelessWonder, you guys get it and are right on the money….some of these others, well they will never get the fact that

Cheater = cheater (ORIENTATION DOES NOT MATTER, WAKE UP)

If the nature of your relationship is defined by the traditional ‘marriage’ than you are taking a ‘vow’ to be with no one other than your spouse. You will be attracted to others, your spouse will be attracted to others, but because you both took this ‘vow’ you will not ‘act’ on that ‘attraction’.

This is exactly what a ‘bisexual’ person does as well. No difference, single, bi, whatever…if you honor your ‘vow’ you are NOT a CHEATER, therefore, your sexual orientation means nada.

But there is hope, heyitsdoug finally figured it out….

As most of you have stated, “Bisexuals ARE JUST AS MONOGAMOUS AS HETEROSEXUALS. Within both orientations you can find individuals who aren't monogamous” nuff said.

I stick with my earlier post....
 thats true
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 1:40:49 AM
alot of people who are bi are actually gay/homosexual and being hetero is a second best option, so no I wouldn't intentionally. As well I have met homosexual people who justify their status by hating the other sex, so I would have a serious concern the person might hate me becuase of my sex. As well, there is the flavour of the month attitude that some bi's have and I would be concerned when their homosexual light turns back on, and that goes against the whole concept of an ltr.
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/6/2007 5:01:40 AM
no...I would not...I believe these men are a stones throw from admitting they are gay
 ~curlygirl~
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/6/2007 8:16:25 AM
sure. just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean that they reject monogamy. it's like someone of any other sexual orientation, while they can be attracted to someone else that does not mean that they will act on that attraction. the only difference in this case is, they'll be checking out both genders rather than only one...but if you trust each other and have a defined monogamous relationship, there is nothing to prevent this from being an equally successful relationship.

as for any concerns about polyamoury or partner-sharing...heck that happens in straight relationships too. if that's what both people want and are open to, then bisexuality just adds a slightly broader scope to the arrangement.
 interorl7
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/6/2007 9:21:56 PM
"as for any concerns about polyamory or partner-sharing...heck that happens in straight relationships too. if that's what both people want and are open to, then bisexuality just adds a slightly broader scope to the arrangement."

I couldn't agree with you more.

These people that practice 'serial' monogamy are in essence doing exactly what bisexual female and bisexual males do. No difference.

Worse than that is anyone who 'has to be married' to have sex and has been married more than three times because of that 'moral' choice, ...grow up! (let the flames begin...! lol)

Perhaps if you had lived with a couple of them, you would only have been married 'twice' and still married to the second one to this day! Something I wish more would 'think' about.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/6/2007 9:23:47 PM
NO!!!! I want a man who is strictly straight, not one that has been intimate with another male. Call me old fashioned, I guess.

Ready2Mingle2007
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:14:59 PM
There is no way I would marry a bisexual woman. Then again, I probably would not marry any person regardless of orientation or gender.

It seems to me though that I would not even have a serious relationship with a bisexual because bisexuality and monogamy are at odds. If a woman was with me then her need of being with a woman would never be satisfied. I cannot even come close to meeting her need for women, so I would not even try. I think bisexuals are more for weekend flings than anything serious.
 Gordasitgets
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:20:42 PM
I would never marry a bisexual man... Just because I am straight.

Bisexual woman? If I love her and want to be with her forever... sure. You are making a commitment to them after all, and that is the part that matters... Not their sexuality. You accept them as a whole.
 .Marc
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:20:56 PM
As long as the relationship is built on love, friendship, and trust I do not see an issue.
 bolariphon
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/6/2007 11:02:18 PM
to the OP Id like to say that if i was in love with the woman.it wouldnt matter.
 Malstyne
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/7/2007 12:18:41 AM
I wouldn't marry a goat either....

People that are confused about what anatomies they want to poke are not for me. Call me selfish, but I want a woman who adores my manhood, not someone who will flop it aside for some other instrument. There is a certain satisfaction that comes with it.
Call me a bigot all you want, I am sick of a tolerant society, but in my experience I have found most sexually confused people to be otherwise confused as well. I have never run into a bisexual that hasn't been traumatized in some fashion. And I have never met a bisexual with upstanding moral values in other departments.
 taurus516
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 12:36:53 PM

I am sick of a tolerant society

So you would prefer one less tolerant?Perhaps you want the Jim Crow south back?Maybe Communist Russia or a Taliban ruled Afghanistan,or maybe Apartheid ruled South Africa?Those were definitely less tolerant.Be careful what you wish for.

I have never run into a bisexual that hasn't been traumatized in some fashion

I have met very few people old enough to know what the term "traumatized" means who have NOT experienced some form of trauma or another.What does that prove?

And I have never met a bisexual with upstanding moral values in other departments.

That's a pretty broad brush to paint people with,how many bisexuals have you actually known and gotten to know?

I don't mean to be rough on you,man,but I grew up in the Jim Crow south and I heard people say the same thing about African Americans.It's a dangerous mindset and a slippery slope.Who you date is your own choice,but to make assumptions about peoples' characters based on sexual orientation is extremely narrow minded,but then you said earlier that you didn't mind being called a bigot.Personally that's not a name I want to be called.
 U-nMe
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/7/2007 2:24:47 PM
Marry a bi? ..no way why would I do that? I will not be that persons ultimate preference so why risk cheating?

I do know of peeps who are in an open marriage... she's bi ( only when he can watch )
he is straight and they swing. He has multi partners outside of their marriage..

Do you call that a marriage?
 Malstyne
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/7/2007 6:01:17 PM
"That's a pretty broad brush to paint people with,how many bisexuals have you actually known and gotten to know?"

More than 40. I live in Austin Texas where 50% of the population proudly proclaim that straight people suck.

I've been invited to BI and gay orgies more times then I can count.

I've seen people doing coke in the Gay club bathroom on EVERY occasion to ANY gay club, but never at 97% of the straight clubs here.

I've met more than 15 HIV positive people who have no problem sleeping around anyway.

etc.
etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?