Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 201
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 9 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

I don't mean to sound like a total B*tch, but I really feel sorry for those who are too closeminded to even date someone thats bisexual

Has ZERO to do with being closeminded, at least for me - I prefer my partner "putts from one side of the green only" - that's called a PREFERENCE.
 tmofedm1
Msg: 202
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 9/12/2006 11:58:32 PM
Totally not....I expect monogamy, be it abstaining from other women or from other men.
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/13/2006 12:29:00 AM

Has ZERO to do with being closeminded, at least for me - I prefer my partner "putts from one side of the green only" - that's called a PREFERENCE.

But if his preference is you, then what does it matter if he dated a man in the past? The past is the past, and if a man currently had feelings for you....I don't see how him being bisexual should matter as long as his eyes are on you. :P

Totally not....I expect monogamy, be it abstaining from other women or from other men.

Bisexuals ARE JUST AS MONOGAMOUS AS HETEROSEXUALS. Within both orientations you can find individuals who aren't monogamous....you shouldn't be generalizing this trait that some people REGARDLESS of orientation have, to one orientation. A heterosexual is just as likely to cheat on you as a bisexual, there is NO DIFFERENCE.
 julietjuliet
Msg: 204
Posted: 9/13/2006 12:34:30 AM
OP: You can you pencil me in as a 'NO' on this one thanks. I'm just not into 'triangles'.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/13/2006 12:46:17 AM

But if his preference is you, then what does it matter if he dated a man in the past? The past is the past, and if a man currently had feelings for you....I don't see how him being bisexual should matter as long as his eyes are on you.

Leara - If you READ the original post - the question was "would you with someone that IS STILL BI.. as in present, not past. So my answer remains, HELL NO!
 ousu
Msg: 206
Posted: 9/13/2006 6:36:58 AM
Completechaos, a question between:
when we are talking about an orientation can we divide it into time periods like present, past, future? If so... if I do not practise sex at all now on, the rest of my life, can I start to call myself bi or homosexual instead of heterosexual? Or shall I be just unlucky or frigid?

(Pan, blond or brunette men, does not matter, your choice :-p )
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/13/2006 7:27:03 AM

Leara - If you READ the original post - the question was "would you with someone that IS STILL BI.. as in present, not past. So my answer remains, HELL NO!

Ok...I'm not aiming this response at you ^^^^^^ Going back it seems a lot of people are confused by this too. So this is in general of people being 'still bi'

this seems to be something else people are confused about. If your orientation is bisexual...it wil always be bisexual, you dont become heterosexual when you are with someone of the opposite sex, people won'[t ever change a bisexual person's orientation....BUT is does not mean they *crave* to be sexually active with people of both genders, it doesn't change the fact that if someone is bisexual and is with you...it's because they chose to be with you becuase they care about you, and not someone of the same sex....I really don't get why people aren't understanding this...if they have been in a relationship with a bisexual that dumped them saying they wanted to be with someone of the same sex, *gasp* it means they didn't love them to begin with. It's the same with a heterosexual couple, if your partner loves you theres no worry, because you trust each other, but if they don't love you, even if their heterosexual, they'll still run off and cheat. It's the same in heterosexual and bisexual relationships, there needs to be trust and love. God, if people are worried about a bisexual partner cheating on them, the bisexual can just as easily cheat with someone of the opposite sex. It really seems to me that people's fear of bisexuals in a relationship is groundless.
 good_eat
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/13/2006 7:33:29 AM
A bisexual woman is my preference.
 imadarling2
Msg: 209
Posted: 9/13/2006 9:15:55 AM
Msg 202,
I don't believe you can speak for the bi-sexuals. It is an interesting topic to study.:)
Why are they bi-sexuals and how they love? How they feel about themselves?
There must be research on the topic. It can also their genetic map differs than the heterosexual or the homosexual. Just a thought!

grey shado
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/13/2006 9:27:23 AM
actually being bi for over 25yrs i think i can address this..the answer is yes

one other said that bi's can luv tis tru

its just that as a bi and knowing many of like mind its about the other

individual not waht gender they are.

if a bi ladi or male asked me it would only depend on how i felt about them not what preference they have.
 firstladyiam
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/13/2006 9:28:34 AM
I'm with you, lonertx63 - I'd say "bye" as well............................
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 212
Posted: 9/13/2006 10:21:26 AM

Completechaos, a question between:
when we are talking about an orientation can we divide it into time periods like present, past, future?

I didn't post the ORIGINAL THREAD, and if you READ it maybe you'll get it.

A preference is a preference and without having to get graphic, I don't care if they were forever bi, just decided they were bi, or whatever, the question was "would I marry a bisexual man" and my answer remains NO. Why anyone would try to change anyone's mind on this is beyond me. having said that...

I'm with the above poster on this thread........... BYE!
 t-gurl
Msg: 213
Posted: 9/13/2006 3:52:56 PM
Well, looks like I came into this at the end but who cares? The funny thing is that both of the major posters on this page (or the last page if I didn't count right) are correct and actually arguing the same thing.

First off, it's been said many times in this thread but I'll say it again. Straight, bi, gay and lesbians can ALL be monogamous. Just as they can ALL be promiscuous and cheat. So there is no point in thinking that a bisexual is going to automatically look outside the marriage. Just as there is no point in thinking that a heterosexual is automatically going to be faithful.

Completekaos stated her preference. And that's fine for her. She can marry whoever she wants.
Gay men are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry a woman
Lesbians are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry a man
Straight people are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry the same sex

Closemindedness comes into play in not allowing others to make their own choices or for berating them or humiliating them for those choices.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 214
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:11:58 PM
The only thing I would see if you are bi, you have a bigger pond to if you do decide to cheat!!
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 215
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:23:40 PM

Ok...I'm not aiming this response at you ^^^^^^ Going back it seems a lot of people are confused by this too. So this is in general of people being 'still bi'

this seems to be something else people are confused about. If your orientation is bisexual...it wil always be bisexual, you dont become heterosexual when you are with someone of the opposite sex, people won'[t ever change a bisexual person's orientation....BUT is does not mean they *crave* to be sexually active with people of both genders, it doesn't change the fact that if someone is bisexual and is with you...it's because they chose to be with you becuase they care about you, and not someone of the same sex....I really don't get why people aren't understanding this...if they have been in a relationship with a bisexual that dumped them saying they wanted to be with someone of the same sex, *gasp* it means they didn't love them to begin with. It's the same with a heterosexual couple, if your partner loves you theres no worry, because you trust each other, but if they don't love you, even if their heterosexual, they'll still run off and cheat. It's the same in heterosexual and bisexual relationships, there needs to be trust and love. God, if people are worried about a bisexual partner cheating on them, the bisexual can just as easily cheat with someone of the opposite sex. It really seems to me that people's fear of bisexuals in a relationship is groundless.

Yeah... its like saying "I won't date anyone who's straight because I want to be the only man she loves and if she's still attracted to men while being with me then THAT IS A BIG FAT NO"

Its mostly just lack of proper information and ignorance that causes these kneejerk reactions i think.

I also think that the younger crowd isn't as likely to be caught up in it as the older ones, unless they are just from some super opressive religious background.

I'm pretty sure every girl I've dated except 1 has been bi-sexual.. hell, I just assumed all girls were ;)
 Danp_13
Msg: 216
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:35:25 PM
BAHAH ! if she has bisexual girfriends SURE!
 Timbucktwo_
Msg: 217
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:39:36 PM
I like chocolate cake.
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 218
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:42:57 PM

Msg 202,
I don't believe you can speak for the bi-sexuals.

...As a bisexual, I sure as hell can speak for them, thank you very much.
 tryintodulc
Msg: 219
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:51:25 PM
I probably wouldn't.....

I had some sort of weird dating thing with a bi-woman one time. As we were eating out, she pointed to one of the waitresses and said, "ya see, that's the sort of type I'd go for" and blah blah blah on the why of it all.

And I'm sitting there thinking...."what?".

Good thing it was still dutch.
 MJ50273
Msg: 220
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:01:33 PM
That's a good and tough question. I guess it would depend on the woman and the relationship. I won't say absolutely not, nor will I say certainly.
 t-gurl
Msg: 221
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:03:08 PM
^^^^^^ and that right there is the perfect answer
 zentral
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:16:41 PM
As the above posters said - it would depend. With any relationship, it depends, doesn't it?

A dear friend of ours married a bisexual woman. She's a wonderful person, and they have a great relationship. I believe she's given up her other interests to be with him, but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't have any problem with it myself, if there were clear boundaries that we could both agree to and respect, and in all other respects the relationship was good.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 223
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:44:15 PM
Leara.. I was gonna message you but you defeated me with age restrictions!
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 224
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:47:15 PM
If theres something you need to msg me about I'll remove it for a while. lol
 interorl7
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/6/2007 1:24:44 AM
BraZen, Synical, JasmineKai, questing41, AgelessWonder, you guys get it and are right on the money….some of these others, well they will never get the fact that

Cheater = cheater (ORIENTATION DOES NOT MATTER, WAKE UP)

If the nature of your relationship is defined by the traditional ‘marriage’ than you are taking a ‘vow’ to be with no one other than your spouse. You will be attracted to others, your spouse will be attracted to others, but because you both took this ‘vow’ you will not ‘act’ on that ‘attraction’.

This is exactly what a ‘bisexual’ person does as well. No difference, single, bi, whatever…if you honor your ‘vow’ you are NOT a CHEATER, therefore, your sexual orientation means nada.

But there is hope, heyitsdoug finally figured it out….

As most of you have stated, “Bisexuals ARE JUST AS MONOGAMOUS AS HETEROSEXUALS. Within both orientations you can find individuals who aren't monogamous” nuff said.

I stick with my earlier post....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?