Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 184
How To Continue Child Support When The Child Is In CollegePage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Im quite with pisces on that one. i have no tolerance for parents who dont support their kids, (man or woman), but the thing is............the college bound student is
NOT. A. KID.
Which means either the parents pay for college Voluntarily, or the "KID", gets a job.
I do want to send my kids to college on my dime, and will take the necessery steps to get them there. Their fathers arent going to help, one has signed off legal rights and I have written him off (and i am not bitter or whining, i am ok with that, just is what it is, cant change things can only move forward) the other has taken up residence in the local cemetery, so it will be all on me. And thats ok, because i chose to have them, and will do whatever it takes on MY part to provide for their educations.
 john1602
Msg: 188
How To Continue Child Support When The Child Is In College
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:38:21 PM
Contact a lawyer and take him back to court for post secondary education expenses. The catch is they must be full time student and maintain good grades, but still it's up to the judge. Check into financal aid from government and collages. Fill out the fasfa form , that's government aide. If your income is that low you should get a lot of help. Just talk to collages. If you have a court order stating he's suppose to be paying support and he's not then he's in violation of that order and if you take him back to court ask court to have him pay for your attorney fee.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/17/2008 4:37:36 PM

.....and since you went to college....you MUST know the first lesson in ...well any class you take....Your message depends on how ya deliver it!!!

Why the hell would they tell you that in every college class?

I guess I didn't hear it because I went to university for my degrees.....

And, you really ought to thank pisces for correcting your spellling. Like many others I used to make collages when I was a kid, but I've never attended one....

OMG...BTW....you might totally want to reconsider adding some " sweet n low" to your delivery...cause ya know....not alot of people like to listen to sourpusses...*just sayin*......JMO.....

liz, from you that is hilarious.....

As you point out, there ARE many ways to skin a cat, which is what many in this thread have tried to point out to the OP. The problem many of us have with her approach is that she wanted to hit her ex up for adult offspring who wanted something of a free ride through college.

Cheers and keep the goodtimes rollin'. I enjoy the laughs.

SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/20/2008 9:34:04 AM
Forgive me for saying this;

But reading these entitlement attitudes, (an i am not excusing men who DONT support ther kids, rather i am talking about men who DO and HAVE, and the woman just still wants to suck him dry like a leech)

no wonder your men split.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 201
Posted: 11/22/2008 6:36:46 AM
I dont think it is that father view their kids as a financial strain and dont care about their education, i think they want their vulture-like baby mama's to LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Once your kid is 18, it is no longer a kid. Hello, anyone home?
BTW 18 years is long enough to get your own S*** together enough so that you dont have to whine to some poor dude who made the mistake of sleeping with you 18 years for cash.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:10:52 AM
No my kids bags arent "packed" as soon as they turn 18.
I will fund their education, and allow them to live at home if they choose to do so. If they choose to live in a dorm, i fully expect them to seek employment and pay their living expenses, and if they live at home, i expect them to seek employment and pay for their food, car and gasoline, clothing, etc.
I certainly will not be sitting around crying helpless when that time comes.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >