Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > The Myth of Los Angeles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 30
The Myth of Los AngelesPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I was at a party in Arizona few years ago and as soon as someone knew I was from LA the whole room started bagging on the town...it was kinda annoying and I had never felt a need to defend LA ever...till then. It was the usual crap about the town shutting down at 9pm(NOT unless you know where a dozen fantastic eateries/bars are that is...) and how LA is sooo fake, please don't even get me started on that one!

The kicker was that a woman who had been busting my chops for half an hour came up to me and complimented me on how good my English was.......I'M FROM SCOTLAND!!!!!

I thanked her and downed another ten beers to make the night go away ;-)
 forumschick
Msg: 31
view profile
History
The Myth of Los Angeles
Posted: 7/3/2009 8:26:16 AM
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California.

I lived there for fourteen years, moved to PA and I cannot believe I waited that long; that place can drive you to insanity, well okay, maybe I was insane before CA but still...

There is more to the United States than CA, that is all I am going to leave you with...
Show ALL Forums  > California  > The Myth of Los Angeles