Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do men like to give women backrubs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -Canas-
Msg: 164
Why do men like to give women backrubs?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
No, you aren't the only guy to give a back rub without getting anything in return

I've given upwards to at least 15 without going further. That doesn't mean I wasn't trying the entire time though, haha

Bottom line is that people are selfish in the end. Satisfying your partner is satisfying in itself, sure, but what happens when you're the only one ever doing the satisfying?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 165
Why do men like to give women backrubs?
Posted: 1/28/2009 9:41:04 AM

I think that is a nice way to connect with other and to take turns of giving a backrub back. I see nothing wrong with it.

Nor do I, I think you should give all your buddies one, too. Connect with them! And mom would LOVE a backrub!
 Tlake77
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:50:16 AM
I find it extremely relaxing to give them. I love helping a woman I care about relax and unwind, and I get something out of it, too! It sorta puts me in a "chill" zone. Netflix and a bottle of cocoa butter and shea baby oil gel; a great way to spend a couple of hours!
 natgoat227
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:45:29 AM
Womens skin . . in general . . is very erotic and pleasing.
' A prelude to Intimacy '..??
Well , yeah...I suppose.
I'd like her to be relaxed for her trip to Mars.
~EyebrowUp~
 dondea
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 9:22:21 AM

obvioulsy for the same reasons why some always claim to like to cuddle/snuggle,,

Some men do use the "snuggle/cuddle" ploy to get laid, but if you are really interested in the person, cuddling, snuggling and back-rubs are part of intimacy that MAY or MAY NOT lead to sex. It just depends on the timing and situation.

because this gives them the perfect opportunity to feel you up breast legs ass an all an to beable make sneaky moves on you to test the waters as to how far you might let them go in hopes of getting "sum pu$$Y" the so called "art of seduction" get the woman relaxed an give her a drink or 2 keep asking her to remove some of her clothes so they can do a better job an get closer to the skin to get more "comfortable",,an WA lA instint "panty drop an bra drop" or atleast some would hope so..

That pretty much sums up the intent of a back-rub, LOL. It CAN be part of the "art of seduction," but not always. To me a back-rub can be just a simple massage (unless I'm trying to grab azz).

they sure anit doing it because they think they woman has a great personality an they care about her an would like to date her,,it's cause they wanna get laid or atleast try for a blowjob...

You must be talking about strangers and hook-ups. For MOST people, if you were dating, back-rubs, snuggling and cuddling are usually part of the relationship. At least IMHO, I think it is.
 ortutempestas
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/15/2012 10:49:55 AM
I would say; that if a statistical study was to be done, well over 85% of back rubs morph into sexual intercourse. I hope that may be an answer to your question.
 spot4username
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/15/2012 11:06:19 AM
Don't know. Never had one. *shrug*
 Friendly widow
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 11:24:25 AM
I am reminded of an 86 yr old gent I was looking after.His breakfast tray came and he opted for a back rub first! My choice would likely have been the same!
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/15/2012 11:33:04 AM
I don't know why guys always offer but in my past experience, most of them aren't very good at it because they are using it as foreplay and are more focused on their goal than on actually giving a good back rub.

I prefer to give a massage rather than get one - whether or not it has a "happy ending" - my reward is being told that I gave a good massage.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/15/2012 11:38:50 AM

Is it a prelude before being intimate?

It could be...all that sliding around and rubbin'....gets to be pretty hot. Friction is definately a turn-on~
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:25:07 PM
I would never turn down a "good" back rub and I'm not being snarky. Good as in relaxing, tension releasing and free!! I love a good deep tissue massage as it is, so why would it be weird to think another person (of the opposite sex) wouldn't enjoy a nice back rub free of charge?
 Friendly widow
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:32:40 PM
Cowboy--I hope you are joking!
 laxjc
Msg: 176
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:41:22 PM
Actually, a backrub is a 1/4 massage. A good massage will be the entire body. Front, back, legs, arms and head. It is a loving, giving process that takes both people to another level. I have used a book called "The Art of the Sensual Massage" by Gordon Inkeles that is from the 1970s.
Add vibrators to the body for another level.
I have used Olive Oil for years (like the Greeks and Romans) that should be slightly warm.

Anyway, only one person per night...the other can return the favor another time.

Have fun...
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/15/2012 6:53:54 PM

I have used a book called "The Art of the Sensual Massage" by Gordon Inkeles that is from the 1970s.

That is a good book, I've used that too.
I do massages from head to toe (time permitting). I especially like doing hand and head massages because most guys say that they never get those and they really appreciate them.
My late husband loved his butt massages the best. He had a cute tush so it was an extra pleasure for me to give those ;)
 tronvillain
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/15/2012 7:39:17 PM
What exactly is a "back rub" in this question anyway? The rather ineffective rubbing of shoulders with clothes on? I generally don't do that, but I do give a pretty good massage. Why do I give massages? I enjoy skin contact, I enjoy giving another pleasure, I enjoy the resulting moans, and it can lead to sex if we feel like it.
 beachdancer
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:39:24 AM

So are men hoping it will lead to being intimate though? Make sure you throw that in your profile especially if your good at it, DUH!!!!

Are men hoping to be intimate? Well DUH! Actually, for many intimate isn't even the goal, just sex. Any of us over the age of 12 should know this.

Actually some guys are really are givers and a back rub is a great gift. It is also a great prelude to intimacy.
 sexguy2012
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:02:31 PM
I could say some will use it as an incentive type but others really enjoy doing it as pleasers, and an easy reason to get physical. With an ongoing partner a backrub can be just for that as I've done before though. Just enjoying giving.
 RogerWilco99
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/16/2012 10:09:32 PM
I do it for the woman in my life because I like to give her pleasure. She's tired, stressed out and a little cranky. Then I put my big strong hands on her back and make her feel like someone gives a damn about her and kneads away the cares of the day at the same time. She may be appreciative after that and perhaps even receptive to further advances. But that isn't my goal usually. I just see my lady needing some attention and I want to give it to her. It _is_ a way to share some too often all too infrequent intimacy and alone time. I have even put my lover to sleep giving her a massage. And I let her sleep hoping she'll feel better when she wakes. The selfish part for me is that I want her to be happy and I love to see her smile _at me_. :o)

Yes, sometimes it leads to sex. Quite often it doesn't. She's already tired or irritable. I'm just taking the edge off for her. Sex may come later after she unwinds more. Massage oil is a bonus as is a vibrator to give a deeper massage. A full body massage almost always leads to sex because she completely unwinds and is usually sexually aroused as well. But full body massages aren't what usually happens in my experience. Her falling asleep is quite common in my experience. So, no, sex is _not_ my goal. Making her happy or to at least feel better is my goal. Why? Because I care about her. And eventually, I love her.
 Word_Biker
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2012 8:39:09 AM
I met up with my prom date a few months back (yes, after almost 30 years) and she's a spa therapist. She gave me a full body scrub that was the most incredibly sensuous and challenging experience I've ever had. Why challenging? Because I am a giver. I've always been the one to please by touching whether I got anything more or not. I enjoy the female form so much that massaging and touching has always been a part of my past relationships. I also enjoy the pleasure feedback as it makes me feel useful and wanted.

Receiving it myself required a trust and letting go of self that was eye-opening. If she enjoys touching my body, why shouldn't she have complete freedom to do so? She did get "distracted" so it wasn't just a pure massage, but she did a thorough job and it was an amazing exchange of energy, intimacy and made me feel tingly and relaxed like I'd never been before with any woman. I can hardly wait to return the favor.
 deerdog1
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/17/2012 3:01:01 PM
you know I have never understood the back rub thingy ..I like petting both giving and receiving but i get bored really fast rubbing your back ... and i could not care less for anyone rubbing my back .. rub almost anything on my body and you will have my attention ..but if your doing it for my sake leave my back alone ...if you back is hurting I will rub it for out of kindness but I will not be enjoying it ..and you will find me moving south north and east and west ... for me the back is pretty much a place void of anything erotic
 lonelyolderguy
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/17/2012 3:06:20 PM
I am a computer tech and did a trade out with a client. She was massaging me and started to do my tush. I had never had that done before and thought, ok what the heck... but I had no idea how sore you can be in that area.... she was a very good legit massuse and when she got done with me, I poured off the table... took me awhile to get my legs to work.... Sad, have not found anyone in my area that does them as good as she did.
 warmbreezen
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:29:34 AM
would hate for you to get ot of practice so I would volunteer as your dummie !!
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:44:25 AM
I think they hope to seduced us into being used by them. Life is a pain in the neck and I enjoy my neck and upper back massaged, but that does not indicate that person is going to have a chance to "use" me for their own usual selfish pleasures.
 Firetester61
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/20/2012 6:54:48 AM
Let me first say that I ALWAYS want her to be satisfied and happy regardless of what we are doing.
After dating and then being married only a short time it was always a prelude to the foreplay and the "hope" of taking it further.
After being married for a long time it's because I want to do something I know she enjoys regardless of the possibilities. I may do it when I know she is too tired to do anything else and I want her to be happy and relaxed.
There is also the selfish reason that sometimes comes into play. If I do it for her today,,, she's happy today and will remember it later. I may just get a massage another day.
 HAWKEYE1940
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/20/2012 11:13:51 AM
A good back rub with oil is a preludt to turning her on her back and putting oil on her thighs and working up to her vagina. This is especially helpful to older women who may be drying some with age. Also, a good back run shows affection, attention and love.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do men like to give women backrubs?