Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lindalu
Msg: 83
view profile
History
shaved bald menPage 3 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
evanism...i cant believe u said that...ROFL...."why i do declare"
 Stonecold2122
Msg: 84
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:04:56 PM
I've been shaving my head since 1st grade and had a goatee since I was 14 haven't found a women yet that likes it.
 Hilltopper
Msg: 85
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:49:21 PM
Sorry to hear that stone,keep on this thread maybe you're luck will change.In fact for me this a great thread,since i had a cancer scare a few years back.Thank god they got it fast and still to this day remain cancer free.I swear i had hair down to my ass at the time but through the radiation and kimo,I just decided to keep it bald and always get nice compliments on it.So as long as i'm six feet above ground,It's stayin' this way.Plus i kept Hairdressers busy in the 80's anyway.Dyed it Black(Early Goth Days),dyed Brown,Red,Plum,Bleached it Billy Idol White and Frosted it Blonde and Black,Whoa those were the days But i have to admit this the most comfortable i feel.Bald and free as an eagle.Oh well sounds like i'm writing another stoner song,lol.If your interested in seeing the old pics,just to prove it was no hoax,to try and land a lady here,email me here and i will give you my website and send you the pics.Laters,Scotti.8/1/05
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 87
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:39:45 PM
I try to keep my head bald, but the razor bumps make it a lotta trouble. I'm thinking I'm going to start using Nair or Neet. Though I know how "unmanly" it is to use chemicals instead of a jagged piece of metal and motor oil like I do now.
 jdl421
Msg: 88
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:48 PM
I had hair until I turned 16 and got a truck..lol..theres no way to feel masculine with your hair whipping you in the eyes..lol..so I keep my head fairly shaved, usually take a mach 3 to it about once every two weeks..in the winter I let it go a bit longer..lol. On a different subject, women with long hair look sooo much sexier than a woman with short hair..lol..
 ripley65
Msg: 90
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/2/2005 2:01:38 PM
Purrrrrrrrrr!! ohhhhh yeahhhhhh,,,,bald heads and gotee's!! 'Scuse me,,i need a towel now! hee hee
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:19:34 AM
I know I will never go back.

The only bad part are the -40 C winter days, but then I just keep my wool beanie on.

Also, for some reason, it seems to make you "look tougher". I have received these comments from women that they think I look tough. I actually had some fun with it one night, when a friend invited me to a bar.

I showed up in tight jeans, with a black sleeveless T-shirt and an earring ( dollar store clip on - looks so real you can't tell from a foot away.) . Add some Beatle boots, and a leather jacket, and voila ! Instant mid-life crisis !

I had a great time, and you just saw how some women liked " bad boys" .
 here4thecraic
Msg: 92
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:26:32 AM
I'm a shaver. Always have been. As I am getting back out into the "scene" I am encountering more and more women wanting to touch my head or rub it. Not that I mind of course! Must be something to it I guess?!?!?!?!
 evanism
Msg: 93
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:33:11 AM
I just wish I could do something so I don't have to shave my head anymore. I know alot of people make the comment, well at least you don't have to buy shampoo anymore. Well true, but razor blades and shaving cream is way more expensive. Even at Costco those Mach 3 blades are almost 2 bucks each.
 Patch364
Msg: 95
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:52:09 AM
Bald heads are a major turn on for me (if they have the right shaped head)
 Swepea40
Msg: 97
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:09:57 PM
Bald is very sexy!!
 Chatpilot
Msg: 98
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:18:43 PM
The question is -- if you're thinning, how long before you just give up and shave it?

And what if I look like Mr. Potatohead once it's shaved?

I'm 32...it's receding pretty badly and is very thin on the crown. I still have the barber use a trimmer (#2) and keep it very short. But i'm wondering if I ought to just shave it before it gets too much thinner.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/7/2005 12:54:30 AM
Try it once, it will grow back you know.

I know, it's a big first step. It takes guts the first time, and I think all of us were a little hesistant until we did it, and had a bit of time to get used to it.

The initial reaction will pretty much be .....oh no.

If you do it while on vacation, or on a long weekend - it grows in pretty fast.
 Hilltopper
Msg: 100
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/8/2005 12:50:22 PM
I agree with you Montreal.For me it was a no brain(er),lol.Kinda like me,lol.I went through kimo and lostit and women just started liking me more with the "Kojak" look.So i've kept it this way for two yearsnow.So Yeah go with Montreal's advice and see how it suits ya'.If you don't like it,you can always grow it back.Later.HT.
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 103
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:22:35 PM
I always thought my head was cleaner-looking with all the hair shaved. I don't know of any study that states that bald heads are any more or less hygenic.. but damned if they aren't less trouble.
 canuckinusa
Msg: 105
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:39:03 PM
Some men spend their entire life pretending (to have hair). When the scalp line began more and more apparent (10 yrs ago) I shaved everyone of them!!! Nothing better. What I am reading here is no surprise, Woman, in general, absolutely love bald (clean shaved) men.
 Loyal805
Msg: 106
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:41:15 PM
I agree with Buno..
There are different levels of baldness - is the completely shaved the only attractive look?
Those of us with mpb [male pattern balding] have to decide whether to just get a close cut or completely take it off[??].
I'm glad to see this look is gaining popularity....
 Hilltopper
Msg: 108
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:15:20 PM
I do wish you luck Mikeand a supercongratulations to you,brah,Not alot of people would go where you're going but.I commend you man for trying to help out less fortunate people .You'll probably look like a total BMF,lol after you have it done.But it'll all be worth .Great job.
 reynado
Msg: 110
shaved bald men
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:25:48 AM
ok, some people like shaved heads. cool, to each his and her own and much respect.

i have realized that till this `fad' (oh gods please let it be a fad) passes, this shaved head thing shrinks my pond so greatly that i may as well hang it up, percentage wise.

my reaction to the shaved head thing is a lot like the one i've had to certain popular songs. you may even have liked it the first few dozen times you heard it, but it eventually becomes so ubiquitous that you come to hate it.

so, i am glad that my distaste seems to be more than balanced out by women who like it.

enjoy ladies!

hope it ends soon though

peace
R
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:36 AM
And having a woman actually SHAVE your head ?

I pity the poor men that have never had that experience.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 114
shaved bald men
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:42:44 AM
{ok, some people like shaved heads. cool, to each his and her own and much respect.

i have realized that till this `fad' (oh gods please let it be a fad) passes, this shaved head thing shrinks my pond so greatly that i may as well hang it up, percentage wise.

my reaction to the shaved head thing is a lot like the one i've had to certain popular songs. you may even have liked it the first few dozen times you heard it, but it eventually becomes so ubiquitous that you come to hate it.

so, i am glad that my distaste seems to be more than balanced out by women who like it.

enjoy ladies!

hope it ends soon though

peace}

Well I doubt this will ever go away. Just like the long hair on a guy , whether someone likes it or not, it still was always around and always will be around and same with the bald head look. It seems that everything IN BETWEEN seems to have a different style every year so that is what is of a constant style change.

One thing that bald(specifically shaven bald) and long hair have in common, is that you will ALWAYS find them somewhere and neither one will ever go away.

But again it's all just hair and not worth making a big fuss about.
 Brightone1
Msg: 115
!
Posted: 10/21/2006 9:07:09 AM
WHERE I live the Police, Hairstylists Shops, and Participating citizens get together every so often and SHAVE their heads to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH. It is a big event. Even WOMEN shave their heads to raise money for good causes and I respect these women and admire their bravery very much so. SO GO AHEAD AND GET OUT OF YOURSELVES GUYS AND SHAVE THAT HEAD OF YOURS. YOU ARE OK. YOU ARE OK. YOU ARE OK!!!
I dated a guy that I thinks SPENDS A LOT OF MONEY ON HIMSELF getting professional looking hair put on somewhere because one day he DIDNT HAVE IT THERE AND THEN one day it is there. This costs a lot of money and I think THE WAY YOU TREAT OTHERS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CONCEITEDNESS. A woman appreciates being appreciated Not Gold Digging like some woman are, but we like a guy to spend a little on us to show they appreciate us instead of their fake hair doos. THAT IS AN EXPENSIVE PROCEDURE. I SEEN IT ADVERTISED ON TV FOR THE 1800 NO TO CALL AND IT DOES LOOK REAL. I can see if a women had cancer she would want to look better somehow. A MAN DOESNT look like a STRONG PERSONALITY IF HE IS WORRIED ABOUT HIMSELF HIMSELF ALL THE TIME. GO FOR IT!!!
 ladysprite
Msg: 116
shaved bald men
Posted: 10/21/2006 10:09:03 AM
Bald by choice or by birth.. doesn't matter... shaved is SEXY... MMMMM..

Now.. give me a bald man with glasses and a goatee..... I'm in heavennnnnnnnnnnnnn
 DinViesel
Msg: 117
shaved bald men
Posted: 10/21/2006 10:17:54 AM
I feel more confident when my head is shaved.

I miss my hair though.
 Xena_
Msg: 118
shaved bald men
Posted: 10/21/2006 10:34:04 AM
Let me just say that bald/shaved men are sooooo sexy. But guys, c'mon, if you're going bald, shave it, don't be trying to hide it with a comb-over or a 'rug'. All you're doing is highlighting the fact that you're going bald. Shave it, you'll look so much sexier!

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >