Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paso Doble
Msg: 184
shaved bald menPage 6 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I know that it is very fasionable for a guy to shave their head but it looks like a lot of work to keep it looking good.
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 186
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:26:21 PM
- Sorry, double post -

Suthn_Boy
Msg: 187
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:26:51 PM
Here's another good baldy thread, for any who may be interested!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts725635.aspx

-Suthn_Boy
 chameleontat
Msg: 190
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:55:20 PM
As my uncle always said. God only made just so many perfect heads and he covered the rest with hair. The older I get the wiser my uncle appears to be.
 lok
Msg: 191
shaved bald man in oz
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:56:59 PM
dont know about all you americans , but i have had less contact with women since i lost my hair..

Been single now for going on 5 years ( had the odd g/f , but nothing long term )

I ride a bike , i shave the noggin (upstairs ) but yet this isnt enough. I think head shape and body size does count for a lot , im only 70kg , 6' tall and athletic in appearance ( altho i dont have my 6 pack anymore ) but i dont think that im physically attractive to a lot of women ( i dont have a problem with who i am )

maybe aussie women just expect more from guys... like a head of hair
 chameleontat
Msg: 192
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/22/2006 8:04:16 PM
My Mom says I should not shave it and my lady friend says I should not ever grow it out. What to do? Well, I think they will both still love me either way but I like it bald so, sorry Mom she wins.

lok - Lose your ballcap, get a Harley or at least a Honda that a lady can ride with you on and grow a goatee. The women here would be on you like flies on cows unless your attitude sucks. I'm sure the Ausie women would not be to much different. It's not the package wrapping as much as it's how you present it.
 StiffDrinkOfWater
Msg: 193
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/22/2006 8:58:39 PM
In my opinion, guys that are bald are definatly sexy but theres nothing wrong with a guy that has a thick head of hair either. There both sexy either way but a little tip guys haha if you do have hair..make sure you shower so it doesnt get all greasy other wise thats just nasty ( i would shower either way haha cause well personal hygene is a big thing) but yea greasy nasty hair ugh thats just not right, what chick would wanna hit that all grungy and icky aww haha sick....haha i guess if your bald u dont really have the greasy problem...or do you? lol i wouldnt know being im not bald lol..
 lok
Msg: 195
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/24/2006 2:27:53 AM

Lose your ballcap, get a Harley or at least a Honda that a lady can ride with you on and grow a goatee. The women here would be on you like flies on cows unless your attitude sucks. I'm sure the Ausie women would not be to much different. It's not the package wrapping as much as it's how you present it.

i dislike harleys , they dont go fast enough , and there is nothing wrong with my bike , it travels 2 people no problems at all.. i have even done interstate rides on it and not been uncomfortable.. personality wise.. no problems there either.. but women see me more as a "friend" than possible partner ( once again i think im too nice for my own good )

and i have done the goatee thing..doesnt suit me
 GoSioux19
Msg: 198
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/25/2006 9:18:08 PM
Funny, funny thread. I first shaved my head 10 years ago when I was 26. If I knew then wha I know now, I would have shaved it when I was in college as I was pretty much thin-on-top when I was barely 19. It's a preference thing, guys, don't get too worked up if women don't like it. It's no different than a blonde vs brunette preference, short vs tall, or thin vs plump. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

Merry Christmas everyone.

gosioux19
 Raineyday
Msg: 200
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:18:16 AM
I know several bald men. Personally some men shouldn't have hair, once u see them bald u can't imagine them with hair. My sisters husband looks absolutely awful with hair, i always tell him when it is time to shave......
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 201
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/28/2006 1:22:03 AM
What is hair anyway? Just a bunch of shaggy stuff up there that hinders the thinking process and gets caught in everything. Requires barbers, stylists, all kinds of cosmetic stuff and a whole lot of maintenance time and expense. For what? Shaggy stuff that gets messed up and gets caught in everything, not to mention hindering the thinking processes.

Bald is not only all that's mentioned here, it's much more efficient. We already know that men of the future won't fool around with hair at all. Just check on 2035 or so. They'll ask you what it is you're talking about. "Hair?? You mean that shaggy, unruly stuff some guys used to have back in the olden days"? So there ya go!!

-Suthn_Boy

starnikita
Msg: 202
shaved bald men
Posted: 12/28/2006 10:58:18 PM
Bald is IN, Looks good on a lot of men and some men should not do it. I talked my Ex in to it 10 years ago and he is still bald now. It just looks better that way and it is sexy as hell. I used to love to rub the magic ball.
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 203
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/4/2007 6:35:32 PM
You know, very very seldom, at least in the cases I know of, does a guy who shaves his head ever go back to having hair. I have never known someone to do that, yours truly included of course. It's a bit high maintenance, you have to keep after it a lot. But once you do it, that's it. You tend to keep it that way from then on.

Part of it is probably the fact that the ladies often come up to you and want to rub on it I think. Seems to be very enjoyable for both the rubbee and the rubber. Something almost electrical of sorts goin' on it would seem. Then they want to shave it for ya.. Well okay, if you know them pretty well, and they have a steady hand. But what's that about? Hmmm? What's the motivation there?

-Suthn_Boy

Dceeeee
Msg: 205
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/7/2007 1:11:16 AM
When I love a guy, I love him as he is....hair or no hair! HAIR isn't what makes a man....the HEART makes the man, in my book! BALD is sexy...but hair can be, too!

~DC~
 JGF
Msg: 206
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:52:43 AM
I think you are absolutely right DC! Two case and points; First of all, my own profile. Before I changed my photo for rating, I would get ratings all over the place. (I mean the lowest was a 1, and the highest a 10.) Second, I often see guys with women that make me think, "Man, how the heck did he get her- That is a complete mismatch!" (ie Lyle Lovett who is ugly as homemade soap, in my opinion, & Julia Roberts a gorgeous beauty)
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 207
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/10/2007 1:29:32 AM
my sweetrheart has a shaved head and go-tee and let me tell you he is soooooo damn sexy. i actually don't think hair would suit him ... he has the bad boy look with the sweetheart personality. woohoo!!!! damn i'm lucky!!!

Wow! I'd venture a guess that you are in love Sweet Thing! Sounds like your bald guy is pretty lucky too!

Do you rub his head a lot? That feels awfully good for the 'rub-ee', but I understand it's just as good or better for the 'rub-er' as well.

-Suthn_Boy

Suthn_Boy
Msg: 209
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/11/2007 2:37:28 PM
Why thank you Ms LoLo.. I'll bet there may not be too many of us up in the North Country this time of year though.. eh?

Are you a baldy rubber? Seems a lot of ladies have that irresistible urge with slick noggins. And the urge seems to strike in the most unusual places at the oddest times too, even with strangers. Of course we baldies don't mind. We understand there's something kind of electrical that goes on when they're doing that.

Actually some of us just stay slick as a matter of choice though. I for one, like all those impromptu head-massages when least expected. If I grew it back, life just wouldn't be quite the same. heh heh

-Suthn_Boy

johnglc
Msg: 210
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/11/2007 4:47:31 PM
This thread rocks!
 MI Niteowl
Msg: 213
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:24:35 PM
WOW!! If I didn't shave my head already....I would be running to find the nearest razor after reading some of the women's comments about shaved heads on this thread!!!
 JGF
Msg: 218
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/13/2007 9:45:08 AM
Sweet thing, I have a question.

Did you meet him bald or with hair? The reason I ask is because I am hoping my wife will eventually like the shaved bald look. Although I am not there all the way yet, from the back it looks that way. Last week in the grocery store a lady in the check out line reached up and touched the back of my head! When I told my wife about it she was most definitely interested in what happened. I think she may be rethinking her original opinion, however she would not admit. (at least not this soon).

Suthn Boy, does that head rub thing in public by strangers happen very often? I was very much surprised, especially when she said she just wanted to see what it felt like. I would have expected her to say, "oops, sorry- that was an accident".
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 220
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:28:54 PM
What is wrong with having hair? A good hair cut is worth a million bucks, but to shave it all off? Doesn't do a thing for me, honestly. I'd rather run my fingers through those gorgeous locks, but then I'm a hairdresser! I just feel bad for the naturally bald guys when it rains, or snows. That can't be a good feeling on a cold day, I guess that's what hats are for. But still... nope, just don't like it.
 JGF
Msg: 223
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:40:17 PM
What is wrong with having hair?

Nothing wrong with it Pink Rose Lady, just as there is nothing wrong with a woman having long hair, or short hair. It's simply a style choice for some. I know some guys who love women with very long hair that's never cut, and I also know guys who love a short cut on women. As for the cold, it never bothers me, but I am also very natured with a very high metabolism rate. I love the cold, and hate being hot. As for the rain, to me it is always a bigger hassle getting hair wet instead of just drying off your head.

(thanks Sweet Thing!)
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 225
shaved bald men
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:18:38 AM
Chances are Pink Rose has never rubbed a baldy. That's usually all it takes for a full conversion. One has to experience the first time, and then there seems to be no turning back. It's amazing how that works!

-Suthn_Boy

kywindwalker
Msg: 227
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:21:23 AM
shaved heads are a good thing...lol
 mar814
Msg: 228
shaved bald men
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:25:08 AM