Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SDWmn42
Msg: 273
view profile
History
shaved bald menPage 8 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Good evening all you bald men lovers - and all bald men. I have nothing against men with hair - I quite like nice hair. However, I have noticed that men who have extremely thin hair - i.e., nothing or little on top, only hair on the sides, etc. - would look much better bald. When I see older men with that "fringe" on the sides, it looks silly. They would probably be much more attractive and look younger if they would shave off the rest.

That is in MHO.

Merr
 betterlate
Msg: 274
view profile
History
shaved bald men, fad or fashion....
Posted: 4/14/2007 3:25:58 AM
I really dont get the bald look, I feel it makes the men look like grandpa... old, yuk...
There are exceptions to every rule. It seems that one guy shaves his head then the whole country feels obligated, or has to have the fu-man-chu beard... tatoos and the bike...
What happened to individuality? Why do men or women feel that they need to look "like" someone other than themselves?

The exterior "packaging" our soul and personality comes in should reflect as much as possible who we are... not who we think others will find attractive.

I have been a rebel.. if long straight hair is "in" I go short and curly... if short and curly is in,,, yup... long and straight.. I dont want to be like everyoen else.

The same with clothes.. I wont wear clothes with a label or logo is showing, nor will I wear something that is "in"... it is just too much like looking like one of the herd... I want to be me.. and I wont go with the flow...

I want an original man, if he is losing his hair, fine... if not... fine.. just be who you are... no games..

BL
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 275
shaved bald men, fad or fashion....
Posted: 4/14/2007 3:59:26 AM
What happened to individuality? Why do men or women feel that they need to look "like" someone other than themselves?

The exterior "packaging" our soul and personality comes in should reflect as much as possible who we are... not who we think others will find attractive.

I have been a rebel.. if long straight hair is "in" I go short and curly... if short and curly is in,,, yup... long and straight.. I dont want to be like everyoen else.

The same with clothes.. I wont wear clothes with a label or logo is showing, nor will I wear something that is "in"... it is just too much like looking like one of the herd... I want to be me.. and I wont go with the flow...

I want an original man, if he is losing his hair, fine... if not... fine.. just be who you are... no games..

I agree about the individuality part and that we should be who we are and not be someone whome we are not or someone whome others force us to be directly or indirectly.

I THINK guys that do this do it for just as you said, individuality and I may be wrong, but the shaved head look is also a "rebel look" if you will (I personally don't like the word rebel when applied to this context), and it is done by people who just want to be individualistic. Just like you, if you want short hair, awesome. There is nothing wrong with it. I don't feel there is anything wrong with "the bald look", if guys do it because it brings out their individuality more, then awesome. It's like long haired guys, same thing, if they want their hair that way, don't worry about it and let it be because it's their hair, it's the persons hair. It is just hair afterall anyways lol

(cough) as long as someone doesn't do another mullet , then we are breaking the rules LOL jk

However.....If they shave their heads or if anyone does a look, because they want to make a political/racist statement, then I am totally against that!!
 kywindwalker
Msg: 277
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 4/14/2007 6:49:15 PM
great time for bald guys...
 feanor3791
Msg: 280
shaved bald men
Posted: 4/20/2007 6:31:21 PM
Gee, you girls have made my evening.
 johnglc
Msg: 281
shaved bald men
Posted: 4/22/2007 7:35:40 PM
oh yeahhhhhhh.........how sweet it is.....this thread!
 bugo
Msg: 282
shaved bald men
Posted: 4/23/2007 2:01:25 AM
I've been shaving my head for about ten years now and if anything girls avoid me like the plague. I used to have long hair but it started to fall out so I shaved it all off. I miss it.
 lovefish71
Msg: 283
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/3/2007 8:17:16 AM
Wow, did this thread die, or is it just me?
 PretiLady
Msg: 285
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/3/2007 6:31:56 PM
Love men that shave their heads if they have the look!! Sometimes if they are balding, it makes them look younger and more handsome if they shave it all the way off..Just my opinion..Had a couple b/f's with shaved heads :)
 TexasDogDad
Msg: 286
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/3/2007 6:37:55 PM
thanx ladies .. big smile on my face after reading all the comments !
 princess001
Msg: 287
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/3/2007 6:44:51 PM
I think a bald head is SEXY!!!!!!
 Gators
Msg: 288
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/3/2007 6:57:36 PM
HI everybody !!!!!

kywindwalker
Msg: 290
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/7/2007 4:55:19 PM
to all the lovely ladies...keep the good words coming...makes this bald head shine a little brighter...lol
 Truucha
Msg: 292
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 1:22:54 AM
yea but its a difference being bald by choice or bald by nature.
I go by choice, shave my head once a week, when grows in, I get it lined up nice and neat, so my hairstyle is always changing. Kinda like women who have the option of wearing their hair in different styles
 yankeegirlinMA
Msg: 295
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:15:35 AM
I think it's very sexy when a guy shaves his head or is bald. I like graying hair too. My ex used to color the grays BIG turn off.
 Lost Password
Msg: 296
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:28:44 AM
makes you look tough? hell i am tough, hair or no hair. but mine is raped to the skin. the smoother the better.
 daisie
Msg: 297
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:51:44 AM
I think I've answered this before, but I can't stress it enough. I am NOT a bald fan!!!
I like long, thick, dark hair.

Of course I realize that with each passing year the odds of me finding that are getting slimmer and slimmer....so I DONT obsess about it.

Natural baldness for men is not that unusual and if he's a GREAT guy, then I can handle natural baldness. Heck I could even handle him shaving it off at that point.

However it would be extremely difficult or impossible for me to be with a guy who shaves off his wonderful head of thick hair for the hell of it!! It would be such a huge turn off I doubt we'd have much of a chance.
 lovefish71
Msg: 298
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:56:10 AM
Well, daisie, we're all entitled to our preferences. You're certainly an attractive woman, and it does suck that my shaved top would turn you off, but the good news for me is there are a whole lotta women out there just as hot as you who DO like a chrome dome.

As I have mentioned in the past, I don't shave mine for the hell of it. I got tired of seeing my hairline appearing on "missing" posters on milk cartons.
 HDBone1
Msg: 299
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 6:28:11 AM
i saw this post ,an gotta say having a shaved head is a great thing....if i had a nickle everytime someone asked to rub or kiss my head hahahahaha id rather be shaved bald then do those comb over thingyyyyyyyyys wowwwwwwww whats up with that ???? holding on to ur last 2 hairs.................
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 301
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/8/2007 7:27:45 AM
There is little that is worse on a man than the combover.

I always liked long flowing locks on a man until I dated a bald guy. I still like the hair, but bald is . . . sensual in a different way.

Phallic, even.
 Lost Password
Msg: 302
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:41:27 PM
yeah a small scar helps also, but you need to have a well shaped head to pull it off .(no pun intended)
 neocompleat
Msg: 304
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/11/2007 4:42:23 AM
i shave by choice, and i love it... we all have one persons aesthetic choice to sate, and its our own... now, if i can just get all the women i see socially to shave as well... nothing like it....
 x143x
Msg: 306
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/11/2007 4:58:55 AM
Ive been shaving my head for work for about 10 years now. Being in Law Enforcement its neater and I think its very functional lol

However I'd say sexy is in the person not in the head or hair lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 307
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:35:33 AM
x143x, you are right, of course, "sexy" is in the person, not the head, BUT (there is always a but) we are almost always attracted by physicalities first.

Some things trigger that physical attraction.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 311
view profile
History
shaved bald men
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:08:51 AM
If the guy is also athletic - then it is hot, hot, hot - and fupped duck is an example. And it looks better than a guy who is nice looking but has hair like a muffler going around the side of his head. That really distracts away from his sex appeal - Used to be only black guys thought they could pull it off - but I see more and more guys everywhere - and it looks good. The first guy I dated with it was a sexy 41 year old athlete, and he looked great!!! Guys who lose their hair naturally have high levels of testosterone - so if you got it, flaunt it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >