Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Can men deal with NOT getting blowjobs?Page 5 of 56    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
""Wow...9 freakin pages?
one post... "It depends on the man"! end of story."""

Oh yes. I think Admin is a little slow on the "Thumbs UP" -neutral- "Thumbs Down" post vote box. Procolharem, you would definitely get a "thumbs up" from me.
 Louder than Love
Msg: 211
Can men deal with NOT getting blowjobs?
Posted: 10/2/2008 9:15:20 PM
For one: any man who says he doesn't like head....WOW!! I mean....It's not my favorite...but...not to like it...........I Don't believe it!
I am curious, do you like to receive oral sex? Furthermore would you be willing to deal with never having someone dive on yourself.
Maybe you could exchange it for something else. Ya know.....like at a restaurant. Instead of fries or baked potato. You could say" I won't blow you but.....You can film me"...or..."I won't blow you but....The red-head across the alley thinks we are both really hot!"
 romanticat51
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:54:31 AM
I could care less about bjs. On that point, at least, you and I would get along just fine.
 fuzzface
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:00:25 AM
To the OP

I like them, but if I'm honest I could do without. At this present moment I'd prefer a kiss and cuddle.
 platybush
Msg: 217
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:30:24 AM
Hi darlin,I believe it's up to your partener,if they give you head y not reciprocate,but if you really don't like it and your partener doe's then dump them they aren't for you.
 mark197r
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:37:54 AM
Yeah I'm sure your guy will understand, plus if he's in love, and quite crazy about you - then he shouldn't mind at all, and if he does especially with your situation then he'd be a jerk for not understanding.

The world's often far from ideal nothing for you to sweat.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 224
Posted: 10/3/2008 7:22:56 AM

Why not? After all, most women here are telling us that we're wrong and need to change.

No. Not just wrong. "Bad men!" Nobody has said that OP is a "bad woman", nor anyone else with issues with performing oral sex... Just not compatable with some of us in a long term relationship. Some have played the mental issues card a little strongly; but, she brought it up, and it's a valid issue to have as well.

If I had never had the pleasure of a good BJ, I would be "a take it or leave it" kind of guy, too. I have, and it's like crack cocaine, except it won't kill you. I don't expect a BJ every time may pants come off; but, to never have one again? Why make that choice when you have others? If someone waits until they have my heart before they drop this information on me, I'm sure I would be accepting at first. I just don't think I would be happy long term.
 TSO Mattlock
Msg: 226
Posted: 10/3/2008 8:58:39 AM
I don't care for them myself. I think if a woman wants to and the hygene, and other areas are handled go for it. But to me, It is NOT one of my favorite "to dos." I am sensitive to the fact a lot of ladies do notwant todo it, so I put it up front, it is off the table. Then if she wants to (over time) we can discuss it but my relationship with her will NOT be based on sex or the need to "show" how much she cares. My .2 cents worth
Kntrlme
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 10:57:11 AM
LOL! I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out HOW you're going to have this "otherwise good relationship" without them!
 ~Hello~
Msg: 231
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:22:29 PM
Some men, Some women. We are all unique. There are some who absolutely love giving and getting, there are some who love giving and there are some who only enjoy receiving and so on and so on. I can't imagine a bj being a dealbreaker - Unless one is insisting on receiving and then refuses to reciprocate, but that covers most everything - in and out of the bedroom.

I knew one man who turned down a blow job
He was afraid he'd lose his EI benefits!

>Someone 'had to' say it!

A.S.is

ps
It's suck not blow .. does anyone know why its not called a suck job? (Unless of course it's just no good and then .... ) ok .. I'm done. (for now!)
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 232
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:37:15 PM
Short explanation of the word "Blowjob"...

It's American slang from the 1920-30's. It's based on the fact that the giver looks like she's playing a musical instrument (Skin flute to be precise.lol). Being that the popular music of the time was swing and big band, it makes perfect sense. Our GI's took it to Europe, and the Pacific Theater, during WWII.
 Coach Andrew
Msg: 233
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:41:23 PM
Personally, it would probably be a deal breaker. I'm very orally inclined (giving as well as receiving), and would sooner give up intercourse than give up oral sex, not that I'm giving up either. However, I know men who feel just the opposite, so I'm sure you'll find someone for whom this is not a deal breaker. That being said, I would definitely make this known at the outset, or at least as soon as it seems appropriate to discuss sex.

Perhaps more importantly, I would hope you have sought counseling for the abuse. If not, I urge you to do so as soon as possible. It saddens me that someone has caused you such pain and trauma. I hope that jerk rots in hell for it.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 234
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:44:58 PM
Funny thing about this is that women were given vagina's for sex. A man gives a better bj to a man from what I have been told because they know what they like. Seems kind of like there are some closet gays out there.

EDIT: The trans streetwalkers seem to have a great business going...lol.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 235
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:59:47 PM

A man gives a better bj to a man from what I have been told because they know what they like.

ahem.. cough cough - not according to the men I've "talked" to!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And before I forget:

OT - OP I am sorry this happened to you as well. There are some truelly evil people in this world, and you didn't deserve what was done to you. I think you have a great spirit and incredible courage for expressing your truth and I hope that life unfolds as a beautiful bouquet from here on. Much love, peace and hugs to you.

A.S.is
 Montelp
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 2:06:57 PM
Sometimes a Blow job if done right is better than sex. I would say if I had a choice between 2 women and everything else being equal, then I would lean to the girl with the GREAT blow job!

You feel like SUPERMAN!!

Montel
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 239
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:44:31 PM
The term Blowjob was not used in England until after WWII, nor was it used in Australia. Whether it's used now in other parts of Europe or not, I don't know, but I'll bet it was for a time after WWII. If only by the women, when American GI's were present. Ask your grandmother.

If English is spoken, the word blowjob is likely to be understood for oral sex... Even if it's not used. Google it. I paraphrased what I've read in the past on the subject. I may have left something out; but that's the gist of it. You don't have to agree for it to be true.

And "pipe" could easily be slang for a musical instrument you blow into. I can see how that could have evolved from blowjob, even if you can't.
 Daddy Thing
Msg: 240
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:54:10 PM
I wouldn't even consider dating a woman if I found out she didn't give head. It even bothers me when women don't swallow. What's important is for two lovers is their willingness to be unselfish and satisfy each other.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 241
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:54:15 PM

And "pipe" could easily be slang for a musical instrument you blow into

lol = funny how no one's even questionned the "job" aspect!! lol

And still LMAO at mr ravenous up there with
Ask your grandmother

OMG~ too nasty too funny!!! tsk tsktsk hahahahaha

A.S.is

still lmao! "Ask your grandmother" made me think - 'stay a virgin til marriage + birth control!' lol :blush:!!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 242
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:59:09 PM

lol = funny how no one's even questionned the "job" aspect!! lol

Actually, after Googling it again, to make sure I had it right, in the 20's and 30's it was only used when soliciting a prostitute. Somewhere along the line it became mainsteam. So that explains the job part of it.
 RANGER FAN
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:01:16 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal to me especially given your past situation. A guy that cares about you would understand in my opinion. I respect your honesty. :)
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 245
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:51:50 PM
^^^ I don't know what you're going on about. Nowhere did i say oral sex was invented by Americans. You're making something out of nothing. Continue as you wish. I didn't even bother to read your whole post.
 SassySky
Msg: 247
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:14:44 PM
First of all I commend you on knowing thyself, understanding your limitations and not exceeding them.
I honestly don't think anyone that loves you will mind. The other thing I would keep in mind is that if you don't, they shouldn't either. I mean give oral sex.

There is so much you both can do to achieve pleasure in each other that is just a small aspect of the sexual relations.
I also hope you have obtained theraphy for your past experiences. Could work wonders.
Good luck
 svenhiker
Msg: 249
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:23:47 PM
If I'm making love to a woman, she has a pretty good place to put it, not her mouth.
 BlueEyedAriesGuy
Msg: 250
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:24:08 PM
I can't imagine anyone not liking that...it's one of the best feelings in the world. Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to find a guy that's impartial.
 HuneyIAmHome
Msg: 252
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:37:58 PM
Dear Jen Bean,

You're profile says you're new on here. Right now you don't have any forum posts on your profile. When you do your fifth post, this topic will show up in your profile. Just a warning ... if you don't want it to show up, you'll have to do 5 more posts in other forums so this one will no longer show up in your profile.

Here's my thoughts on your question. You're young. I understand that childhood abuse can cause major problems in going thru life. Rather than letting this be a potential problem throughout your life, consider professional counseling. If you can at least change your attitude to not minding giving oral sex, you might find immense pleasure in pleasing your man that you will otherwise miss out on. Plus, you'll have a much larger selection of men to choose from, because some men might not find it acceptable. Sure, if they love you, it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but you don't start out being in love. You might find yourself missing out on the man of your dreams.

Also, assuming your man might enjoy it, since most do, he may be able to adjust to not receiving as long as you don't mind if he won't go down on you. Are you willing to give that up, also? Plus, if you will want to receive, there will be resentment if you're not giving. Keeping a relationship alive over the years takes work and variety. You're eliminating one important aspect for most men.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >