Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oddandy
Msg: 82
Simple things you remember about someone special - past or presentPage 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Something in the way her eyes shone when she looked at me. I always KNEW she loved me very deeply just by the way she would look at me. I can't even describe it. I used to wake up to that every morning. There were a lot of rocks in the road, but she loved me in a way that I doubt anyone else ever has. I often wonder if ever there will be someone else who will love me like that, and who I can love like that. It's been 2 years, and I'm still haunted by the memory of that look, those eyes. I sometimes think leaving was the worst mistake of my life, and it's far too late to go back now.
 geoffrey116
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:35:10 AM
In always remember her expression the first time I saw her with no make up. She seemed so nervous and cute. She looked absoloutly beautiful.

The flat of her chest under her neck and I used to love curling my fingers in her hair in bed.

Her mashed potato..

bloody hell I could write a list here.
 crushkerry23
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:47:55 AM
I posted here early on, on the first page of five, and now I have returned. This has just continued with the sweetness and I have to say that it is nice, for a change, to read an almost perfectly sweet topic on these forums. It is nice not to have to read the back and forths of people fighting and angry over the topic or over a developed fued. I know, these forums are here to get people talking and discussing, but this was a lovely breath of fresh air.
You all can be so sweet; whether it is sad or tragic, happy or hot, special between just two people, whether the love is long gone or ongoing…ain’t love grand!
 Melynda69
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:27:55 PM
wow ... beautiful ... wonderful ... thoughfull ..... really enjoyed this thread
 Vonnies
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 12:55:40 AM
I find one thing about each person I have loved or liked over time and try to hold onto that memory as truth whenever I think of them...

1) He taught me what love was . . . and that two people can truly become one when you pay special attention to the other . . . we could breathe as one. He also taught me that I would never be controlled.
2) He taught me about lust and that someone truly could make me weak in the knees. He also taught me that you really must let go because no matter how much you love them you can't make them love you as much.
3) She taught me that you can be attracted to much more than a gender or appearence. I was attracted to her mind and to the passion she felt for me. She also taught me that that was not my lifestyle and I couldn't make her happy in the long run.
4) He taught me that a bite in the right spot at the right time is ahhhamazing.
He also taught me that even the****est and cynical of men can be serious and need someone to show them what love can be.
5) He teaches me that there is no "handbook to being a guy" and that they are not taught all the right moves. He's so far ahead of some of the older guys that its amazing. He also reminds me that he's to young to make a long term plan with.
 SundownLife
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:15:38 AM
Yes... good topic, for sure.

Years ago when I played rugby in New Zealand, I fell hard for a very wonderful sweet young thang over there.

We had a short time together before I had to come back to Canada, and we stayed in touch for a few years... fingers stretching across 10000 miles.

She used to bake me chocolate chip cookies before a rugby match, as a good luck ritual. The very first thing she would do, after gathering all the ingredients, was dip her finger in the flour, and place some on the tip of her nose...

you know... just to "get it over with"... it was bound to end up there eventually, anyway.

Loved that.
Some...

Sundown
 40Chev
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 7:46:21 AM
A smile that was as big as the sky and a greeting when I came home
 ImMovinOn51
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:57:41 PM
The way she kisses the back of my neck....OMG...makes me weak in the knees!!
The way she kisses me....gives me chills every time!!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/16/2008 8:09:44 PM
That he would call at 4:20am while I was on my way to work just to say hi and have a good day - even on the mornings he didn't have to get up. Hearing him talk in his Mr Rogers voice. The gentle kisses. The desire he gave me to be a better person.
 AVI8TRIX007
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/16/2008 8:39:35 PM
The first time he held my hand and kissed me in the rain (same night). T'was VERY romantic!
 harlie03
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:23:53 PM
when my guy i met on here a little over a year ago, drove over to my house , an hour drive , at 1 in the morning to fix my fridge so i wouldnt loose all my food ! not to mention with a big smile on his face and told me i "you didn 't have to break the fridge so i would come over. that is unselfish love !!
 99sweetgirl
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/20/2008 8:14:06 PM

ha made fun of everything,,, just to make me smile ,,, i love it
 TitusBreast
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/22/2008 3:46:20 AM
I miss the drinking and the laughs the most. I also liked how he was real proper about some things and was appalled at my behavior, as if I were of some moral fiber which was so beneath him...again, involving raucous laughter. I miss his furry ass and his cute body and the way he kissed me. He was a great pillow, too. Unfortunately, he had mistaken my kindness for weakness and felt many others should have the opportunity to adore him as much as I did. I definitely don't miss that noise! Love, Titus
 10of6
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:10:50 PM
The way she cut her steak...like Jessica Walters in "Play Misty."
 10of6
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:19:07 PM
I enjoyed how her entire visage would change, how her face would emulate a sweeping mask of melodrama whenever I asked questions about anything nostalgic, turning into a bundle of sweetness and bittersweet regrets that belied her true callous, callow and off-putting manner, derailing her from her rhetorical tirades against men and the things we do to occupy ourselves when not around women...ah....l'amour....
 safn1949
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 6:43:26 PM
Just the way she would let me hold her when others where around.Something she never did before ,I was told.......she's been gone 22 years and I still remember that.
 Cynderella
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 7:55:53 PM
I sit here wordless...how sad.

Perhaps mine are yet to come.
 10of6
Msg: 170
Special things you remember about someone simple
Posted: 12/6/2008 8:40:23 AM
I enjoyed the way a friend could weave in and out of traffic. When the inevitable accident came, and it did, the reply was, "That damned ((#)$@ caused the accident!"
Yeah, right.
 redkatt
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2008 9:12:08 AM
I remember being with a male friend in Cancun years ago and getting into a taxi outside our hotel, he asked me to scoot over so that he can get in on the same side and I told him laughingly that it's not very polite to ask a lady especially one in a skirt to scoot and that he should have gone over to the other side (you see that kind of thing in old movies).

After we had dinner that night at a beautiful restaurant we were about to get back in another taxi to go back to our hotel and he made sure to help me in the taxi, then he walked around the back and got into the taxi from the other side. I had forgotten what I said earlier but he didn't. He just looked at me and smiled.

It was a very sweet moment and one for whatever reason I think I will always remember.
 sriannaailyim
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/22/2008 10:55:51 AM
The way he looks at me weird with his eyes...

He got into a bar fight about 7 years ago which resulted in a half his face being broken and his eye out of his eye socket. After surgery, therapy and etc. later, sometimes it looks weird and abnormal (if you didn't know what happened) but it melts my heart when he looks at me like that.
 sriannaailyim
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/22/2008 10:57:03 AM
Whenever he kisses my hands.... and looks at me.
 10of6
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/22/2008 3:17:59 PM

The way he looks at me weird with his eyes...

He got into a bar fight about 7 years ago which resulted in a half his face being broken and his eye out of his eye socket. After surgery, therapy and etc. later, sometimes it looks weird and abnormal (if you didn't know what happened) but it melts my heart when he looks at me like that.
By now, having been a denizen of POF for quite a few months, you'd think that I could get beyond bizarre posts like these. Although I believe the poster was attempting to be sincere, it comes across as gruesomely grotesque and macabre.
 Funnyfellow
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/7/2009 7:38:28 PM
Smell. From her perfume to the smell of her hair.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2009 7:48:25 PM
The one that took me to a girl flick on our first date(not a fan of chick flicks) when I was 16. When it got to the emotional scene he handed me a tissue he brought just in case I got all teary. And I almost did, though not from the movie-lol.

Or the one that went to the DMV w/ me to renew my license and went to get something to drink. Still standing in line-he walks back in w/ a drink and a flower just to make the wait "not so long". Actually made me

Or the one that would randomly leave a rose under the windsheild wiper of my car for me to find when I got out of work.

Or the one that called me after he moved out of town every few months-he needed to know I was ok. Would always invite me to move to where he was but I would never have been happy there so didn't. He got married a while ago but it was nice to know that someone loved me enough to keep in touch and enough to let me go.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 196
Posted: 3/24/2009 5:32:52 PM
~OT~ He has the longest eyelashes.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >