Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > PLENTY OF FISH OCTOBER FEST, Little Rock, AR. Oct 18, Legion Club      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 numlet
Msg: 13
PLENTY OF FISH OCTOBER FEST, Little Rock, AR. Oct 18, Legion ClubPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am glad to announce that 1 Trailblaizer has accepted my offer of being my co host.
Welcome Jerry. Ladies I think you should be gentle with him because he is a newbe.
He is a welcomed addition and I am really excited about our team. This is going to be the best party yet.

Maybe by Monday or Tuesday I will be able to fill in the blanks about the entertainment before the dance at 8:00. It would be a great service if everyone that has posted would call or email thier friends and ask them to sign up. We already have a goodly number and I understand the party is still almost 2 weeks ahead, but you just don't want to miss this one . Let's get ready to Fish.
 numlet
Msg: 14
PLENTY OF FISH OCTOBER FEST, Little Rock, AR. Oct 18, Legion Club
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:25:06 PM
Welcome to Jlfrench and drhardwun We are glad you are joining us for the party. This is going to be a good one. We are happy to have you attend. Chuck and Jerry.

Lets all get ready to Fish at the Legion on the 18th.
 numlet
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/7/2008 1:25:58 PM
Hi Mcdance: Boy I wish. Have you ever been to the wine fest at Bad Dirkhiem. I have a friend there, Astrid. Actually she and her husband live at Neustadt, just south of Bad dirkhiem. We met in 1962 and are friends to this day. I was there 5 years ago. Things had changed a lot. Maybe saw 5 pair of leder hosen, but many of the ladies still dressed in the triditional fashon. We could never create the atmospehere of a real October Fest but we can close our eyes and dream a little. I would bring My covered Beer Stine that says Bad Dirkhiem and has the likeness of te 100,000,000 Leader wooden barrell on it, also my 46 year old Parkbrau mug and you and I could drink a cold beer together from them. What a deal. Life is good in Germany during the Wine Fest, isn't it? I like the dress you have on in the profile and I'll bet you would be a hit at the party if you wore it. Thank you for asking. Push the sign up button and come on along with us

I would like to welcome joy2you, all the way from Texarkans and Curt 21 to School of Fish. We are glad to have you attend the party. We will try tomake a memorable occasing that you will be glad you attended. Chuck and Jerry
 numlet
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/7/2008 4:37:38 PM
Hey Jd: Sounds like a plan to me. I will ask Warren and Jan if they can arrange that. I might even speing for one myself. Thanks for the info Guy. Chuck
 LRdancer
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 10:07:42 AM
Wow, this is going to be a great party. Being part German, I love Brats, sauerkraut, red cabbage, etc. Now if I just locate some official "German" clothes. Can't wait!!
 funvac
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 11:27:47 AM
Sounds like more fun plans. I look forward to seeing everyone and dancing..funvac
 numlet
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/8/2008 2:07:36 PM
Ok, Mc dance, Lr Dancer, Fun Vac and the rest of you Party Animals, The Legion is going to have Beck Beer as My Friend, Original Party Animal, Jd golf, suggested. Today they were in the process of buying Sour Craut. So we are going to have a Wurst Dinner with Sour craut and Beck Beer. The key board can be programed to do the Tuba sound If we can't find a real player for one, it can also copy the accordian and other insturments. You can wear you leader hosen and other Baverian duds if you have them. I had a pair of Leader Hosen but I have been informed that my late wife put them in a yard sale. Outside of Weiderkher at Altus, I doubt there is over 10 pair of them in the state anyway. So lets get ready for and Arkansas Real Deal Legion Party on the 18 to Oct. Two of you gals need to sign up and then more guys will sign up an on and on. It will be a fun time, We need to have people sign up so the Legion will know approximately how much food to order. So go to the party profile header page, scroll down and click the sign up button please. Mc dance and Fun Vac I am waiting. Thanks Chuck and Jerry
Ps. The average age of our party goers, now, is 53 years old, you younger ones can bring that average down by signing up. You might even learn at thing or two off the older ones about partying, after all we have a lot more experience. Or maybe we could learn something from you, Let's make this a learning experience, After all when you need some advice do you go to someone younger. lol Come on guys get involved an lets have the very best party yet.
 numlet
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:36:25 PM
Welcome to Spryer124, Rita 1953, and Jerry Timmons. we are glad you decided to come to the party. We will try to see that you have a great time. Our balence between our ladies and men are pretty well balanced right now. What we actually need is more numbers so the Legion will have some idea how many to expect. Sign up Now to avoid the rush
LET'S ALL GET READY TO FISH ON THE 18TH AT THE LEGION.
 numlet
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:18:47 PM
Hi Silver Cloud. We are glad you have signed up for our party. You are a welcomed addition and we hope you will be able to attend. If we can be of service let us know.
Chuck and Jerry

We would also like to welcome 99blueeyes, joy2you and richpete to our increasing numbers. Welcome aboard. With people like you signing up, this is going to be a great party. Lets Get ready to Fish next Saturday Night at the Legion. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/13/2008 5:04:00 AM
First I would like to welcome Bible Reader to our growing school of fish. Welcome, lady, Heard any good jokes lately? Hwy5 you are welcome at the party, glad you decided to join us. JUST GET READY FOR A FUN TIME~~~~~~~~~ !!!!

Hey Luvanurse, You and all your gang are more than welcome to This October Fest Party. We may have to order another keg of Becks to accomodate you but that is great with us. I was going to email you but won't have too. Bring all you can. We have a great Venue that will seat 320 if need be, So Bring it on. If you need anything just let me know. We can't wait to meet you guys. Chuck, Jerry and Gang LET'S GET READY TO FISH THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE LEGION!!!!!!
 numlet
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/13/2008 7:25:05 AM
THE ABOVE POST SHOULD SAY SATURDAY NIGHT NOT FRIDAY. I AM GETTING EXCITED AND TRYING TO MOVE IT UP A DAY. MIGHT MOVE IT UP TO WEDNESDAY BY TOMORROW AFTERNOON. LOL
Hey men we have some lovely ladies posted and you don't want them to be disappointed do you? Sign up now and let the ladies know you are coming.
Fun Guy and White Water 4X4 where are you? We need your help. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/13/2008 2:11:06 PM
Hi Arhillbilly2, We are cetrtainly honored to have the presence of you Memphis People attend out Party. You are welcome. and that welcome also extends to Mygreeneyes. Our goal is to see that everyone of you leave Little Rock with a warm friendly feeling in you heart and saying you had a wonderful time and can't wait to come back to another. We will try to return the kindness and visit your next event in Memphis.
Where are you people form Hot Springs,Conway, Jacksonville, Benton, Morrelton, Cabot, Bryant, Beebe and others. Come on guys it is time to fish. You only have 5 more days to D Day as in Dance Day. Push that sign up button and let us know you are attending. If you need andy assistance let Jerry or Me know by email. Chuck
 Madymae
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2008 4:53:01 PM
Well OK Jerry ...I'll be thinking of one or two....Madymae
 numlet
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/13/2008 8:29:08 PM
Hi Guys and Gals: I spoke with the Legion earlier and they are ready to offer a Wrust, Sour Kraut, German Potato Salid, Red Cabbage and other sides for $5.00 to $7.00 depending on the sides you want with the Wurst. They still need some kind of head count for that. It looks like the wine tasting is off because we have no idea how many might want to try several wines to maybe pick a favorite one to suit thier taist. If you could let me know by Wed night that you would be interested maybe we can still put one together. The price of that event would have to be determined after they see how much wine they would have to purchase. So if you are interested in this let me know by Wed night at the latest.
Thanks to all that have signed up. I'm looking foreward to seeing you the party.
 numlet
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/14/2008 12:21:19 PM
Hi Arhillbilly2, We are sorry you lost your driver, Maybe someone else will stepup and accompany you ladies to the Party. I would be glad to give you"ll a ride but I live in S.W Ar. We do hope you can work it out. If I can help let me know. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/14/2008 2:20:06 PM
Hey luv a nurse: I have had that same problem with a dodge pickup and a Volvo. I bought a good used guaranteed by the salvage yard for one month computer for each of them. Cost of the dodge was $50.00 and the Volvo was $80.oo. A good trained monkey can change it out for you. It it starts and runs after you install it , it is good. I have put almost 100,000 on the volvo and the dodge about 25,000, both still run perfect. You do need the Numbers off the old one before calling the salvage yards. May be you can get a used one and still make the party. Hope this helps. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/14/2008 2:28:49 PM
Hey Arhillbilly: No Problem; So easy a cave man could do it. lol
You will be on 40 coming into Little Rock. Take the Interstate 30 exit toward Texarkana, While you are crossing the Ar River Bridge get in next to the outside lane. After you cross the bridge get in the outside lane and take the 6th street exit. You will be approaching the Holiday Inn and there will be a traffic signal, That is 6th streed, Turn right on 6th and go 3 blocks to Rock St. Take a Right on Rock St. and then Immediately Left into the Leagon Parking lot. Park where you like, It's Free. Thanks for asking. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/14/2008 5:21:51 PM
OK FOLKS: HERE IS THE DEAL.
We are having Karakoe starting at 6:00 pm along with a proposed meal if we get any reaponse that you are interested in a meal. We have one of the Very Best Dance Bands starting at 8:00pm till Midnight. That is 6 hours of solid entertainment. This all takes place in a Clean Smoke Free Venue with a free parking lot with a security guard on duty. You get all this entertainment for a $5.00 Cover charge. Now, drinks are from 1.25 to $4.50 each. You consume 2 during the evening at $4.50 = $9.00 and add in your $5.00 cover that comes to $14.00. Where can you purchase this kind of entertainment with drinks for that? You take the $14.00 and add a meal for $7.00 and you total for the whole evening comes to $21.00. If you are from out of town and stay over at the Comfort Inn, your Room will amount to a little less than $90.00 for 2 queen sized beds and and a free buffet delux breakfast for No Charge. Also all other guest using that room stay for FREE. 4 poeple comes together and shares a room, the rent split 4 ways is $22.50 each. $21.oo +$22.50 = $43.50. Now Think. That is your evening of entertainment, meal and 2 premium drinks, nights lodging in a great Motor Hotel, plus a Delux Breakfast all for $43.00 tax INCLUDED if you stay overnight and only $21.oo if you are local. WHAT A DEAL Now what we need is for you to sign up and post that you are coming and that you plan on dining at the Legion. Whether the Legion will prepare a meal is still up in the air. They actually made no money on the last two. If the legion does not prepare a meal you keep your $7.00 and eat at a Hamburger Joint but the other prices still apply and that is a Cheap, Cheap evening of Good Clean, Fun Entertainment for Adult Singles. You Just can't beat that.
We have until tomorrow evening to make up our minds about the meal. Let us know if you want it. Thanks Chuck ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
 numlet
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:03:19 AM
Good Morning LuvaNurse, Check your email. Maybe I can find you one.

I would like to welcome becky525 to the Party. Thanks for signing up. We are glad to have you. Get ready to have a fun night with Wine and Roses and Friendly Folks
Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/15/2008 2:39:15 PM
Hi Silver Cloud: The event actually starts at 6:00 pm with karaoke and A meal if we have one and I believe maybe we will. German Food this time will let you know tomorrow. The Band and Dance stars a 8:00. Coming early lets you get aquainted with some of the members before the dance and you may find a dancing partner. We are looking foreward to to meeting you.

I don't recall welcoming Jazz 53, but welcome again if I did. We are glad to have you attend and know that you will enjoy yourself. Glad to have you. Chuck

Anyone interested in a Brat Wurst dinner for $7.00 or less let me know this evening by email or the thread. Amvet ret Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:02:10 AM
Hey Ladies we have 2 new male signees. KenCraft and Legs Larry. Legs Larry may be trying to tell you that he is a fine dancer. Welcome Guys we are ready to have you, Are YOU Ready Too Party? Lets Get er Done Sat Night at the Legion.
 numlet
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:21:23 PM
Hi Jim: Good to Have you Back.

OK. I just talked to Jan at the Legion and the Brat Wrust, Potato Salid, Sour Kuaut and Cabbage Dinner is On. We had several that indicated they would like a meal so It will be done. The meal starts at 6:oo pm and will continue throughout the Karakoe and if any food is left, even after the dance starts. The wine tasting is off. Not enough interest. Come on out with a good attitude and don't be bashful. This is going to be a great party. I am getting excited and I hope you are. We will see you at the Legion Saturday Night. Not many have signed up so feel free to bring as many guests as you can round up. Let's Fill the place up. Lets's All get ready To Fish. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/17/2008 3:42:47 PM
Hi Jim: As for me a couple are a plenty but you and Jd are party hogs. I envy you.
My hooks are sharp my line is new, my tackle is in top shape and I intend on getting my limit just like last time. Won't be long till casting time. I hear they are hitting bright Red and bright Yellow Roses. I am going to have lots of both. Let's Go Fishing.
Later Chuck
We Will have a house full just like last time and Illusuve Dream I have you down for dinner.
 numlet
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:25:45 PM
We would love to have you Robin and Friends. I really believe we will have a house full and you just come on over we will have room for you. We will try and see that you have a great time with good friends, good music, good dancing and of course, Lots of Laughter . Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:47:12 PM
Here is a new deal for the ladies Jd and it ought to help.
LADIES ONLY!!!!! I WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LONG STEMMED ROSE FOR EVERY LADY THAT IS SIGNED UP NOW AND ATTENDS THE PARTY. I WILL CHECK THE ATTENDEE LIST BEFORE I LEAVE IN THE MORNING AROUND 7;30 am. AND ANY LADY THAT SIGNS UP TONIGHT AND ATTENDS THE PARTY, I WILL ALSO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LONG STEMMED ROSE. AFTER 7:30 AM I WILL HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IF YOU SIGNED UP OR NOT SO SIGN UP NOW AND YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR ROSE ON THE DANCE FLOOR AT THE PARTY.

CHUCK
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > PLENTY OF FISH OCTOBER FEST, Little Rock, AR. Oct 18, Legion Club