Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Westlin
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOLPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some guys look good completely bald, some don't--just depends on the man. But, the worst looks have to be the comb-over or letting the remaining hair grow long and shaggy (apparently to prove they do still have some hair) ---ewwwwww!! If you have partial baldness (i.e., the horseshoe), keeping the rest of the hair short and neat is usually the best choice, at least in my opinion. :)
 Fifi47
Msg: 38
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL
Posted: 10/12/2008 7:10:36 PM
balding men supposedly have a high level of testosterone.......
 Behind Blue Eyes 2008
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/17/2008 9:40:02 AM
"Rogain works. Hair transplant. And tons of other things you can do./"
Unless you're really insecure, why would you change who and what you are? Is a man with a great personality any more or less based on how much hair he has???? Personally I don't hide what I have (or in this case, don't have LOL). With or without hair, I'm still me. As far as wearing a cap or hat, well has it occured to anybody that it's not about hiding anything, it's about warmth and protection from the sun. Go ahead, shave your dome and then wander out at -20 and tell me you're warm. Or perhaps go out when the sun is beating down. You haven't lived until you've turned the top of your head into a piece of crispy bacon LOL.
As far as I'm concerned, those with less hair have obviously evolved further from their ape ancestors than those with tons of hair. LMAO
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/17/2008 2:00:29 PM
Some men have heads that look good bald, whether shaved or natural. Some men's heads look terrible bald, so I think it's probably more a matter of the head than what's on it ... hair or shine.

DenaliDadd
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/17/2008 3:02:03 PM
"Crazy," he says, looking at the beautiful woman, wondering if his head is the melon head or the sexy bald head...as he looks intently, wondering if he knows her...and if she's sweet on him!

postalchick
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:12:05 PM
As we age we all have our problems with many things, but men who are experiencing pattern baldness should keep in cut very close to the scalp if they choose not to be bald. Nothing looks worse then a man with a clown wig on when it's actually their own hair. As for toupees , wigs and comb overs we can tell, and we cannot stand that. Keep it short and keep it simple.
 romance and laughter
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:19:31 PM
i 'm a cosmatologist and personally think going bald all the way is HOT on most men- unless they have odd shaped head lol= or like you said go really short on the sides and back- At least you are NOT into the comb over- that is the most disgusting hair cut and sure gives the opposite of what men are trying to do- it just makes it ALOT more obvious and brings attention to the area- Alot of women like bald men- i love rubbing a mans head after shave him bald - i say take it off= take it all off !! whooo hoooo
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/20/2008 1:58:43 AM
Whatever makes a man feel the most comfortable...bald men can be extremely sexy looking but so can men who dont shave it all off.
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/20/2008 3:58:00 AM
well there's nothing more hideous than a david gergen comb-over. who the hell does he think he's kidding, lol! partially bald guys with a fringe hanging down around their collar (or a pony tail... gak!) are tied for first place in bad hair ideas.

i say either shave it off completely, or keep it cut very short.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/20/2008 10:00:36 AM

well there's nothing more hideous than a david gergen comb-over. who the hell does he think he's kidding, lol! partially bald guys with a fringe hanging down around their collar (or a pony tail... gak!) are tied for first place in bad hair ideas.

i say either shave it off completely, or keep it cut very short.

Different strokes for different folks...i happen to like pony tails :P and fringe!
 bodypro8
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:20:18 PM
Hey! What happened? This thread rose moldering from the grave. Look at me, everybody!
I shave my head! Ain't it wonderful and sexy and I save on haircuts and shampoo and combs and no one can ever pull my hair and I'm not even going bald I just hate curly hair. On me.
 Zebra Circle
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:21:51 PM
Here's my take as a male, and I could be way off base with the ladies, so take it for what it's worth.

To me, when I see a man with male-pattern baldness who has shaved his head to go completely bald, I see a man ashamed of his looks. It's as if he's hiding something, if that makes sense. By shaving his remaining hair, it's as if he's hiding the fact that he's naturally balding. To keep up this appearance, a man has to continually shave so that the male-pattern baldness doesn't peak through. I HATE shaving! All that effort just to maintain something you aren't.

When I see a comb-over, which is the ugliest thing in the world -- and doesn't fool a soul into believing this man has a full head of hair -- I also see a man trying to hide something. I used to see this guy on the bus in the morning who had the classic Grade-A comb-over, so I used to sit and stare at it from the back. I used to think how much effort it must be to keep one side of your hair very long, and the other side short. How do you describe this to your barber when you're asked, "What kind of cut today for you?"

The best looking men (and I'm not attracted to a man's face like a heterosexual woman is, so keep that in mind) are those who wear their male-pattern baldness with pride and let it grow long. Think David Crosby. Even better, is if the dude grows a big massive beard. Think Santa Claus. If more men with male-pattern baldness started wearing their natural hair with pride and letting it grow, I think the stigma of balding would disappear in a heartbeat.

You can do some cool things with the male-pattern baldness, too. You just have to use your imagination. For instance, I used to see this one guy around town who grew his into dreadlocks and put it up into a ponytail. This, he accompanied with a big goatee and connecting mustache. It looked so cool, I actually wanted to have male-pattern baldness so that I could do that.

Or I've seen the long male-pattern baldness hair with a LONG beard, and I thought how at peace and self-assured he came across. I was like, yeah, that's cool, man.

So if you have male-pattern baldness, have fun with it and be creative -- but let it grow and wear it with pride!
 sabluis
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:36:50 PM
OK, I haven't read the entire thread, but must say that a shaved head makes a mighty fine brush! And OH BOY! What fun that is!
 karma1160
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:20:57 PM
I prefer bald . If you have lost most of it just shave it off that way you don't have to look at the fact that it is disappearing everyday. I like bald but for men who don't why feel bad when there is nothing you can do about it anyway.
 RockDrummer_2010
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:05:23 PM
"I didn't start getting less Hair - I started getting more Head"

*Really cool with a new date after going on a motorcycle ride, she's untangling her hair & asks "do you have a brush"...then looks up at me and goes "OH" (wayyyyy too funny)!
 moraima
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 8:51:56 AM
When I ride motorcycle, I wear a hairnet and of course by law a helmet.............no wrecked hair for me. When hair is down to your waist a tad bit of care is needed. My ex used to laugh at me getting off the bike, removing helmet and hairnet and shaking out my locks.

It has been almost two decades since I watch my late husbands hair fall out over a period of about 24 hrs due to chemical poisoning during cancer treatment. Sorry but when a man shaves his head it doesn't look as natural as pattern baldness, and unfortunately makes me wonder about his health. I fully realize it is my issue. However, razor burn from rubbing up against a two day old shaved head sucks.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:05:09 AM
I like it either short or completely shaved.

The pug dog look happens when you have a very full face so you can sport a bit of nice closely groomed beard to disguise it?

I have a very thin face so even if I shaved my hair off could not look like a pug dog if
I tried!
thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:08:08 AM
bodypro,

It looks great on you. Many men that were on my triathlon swimming team shaved all their hair off for more speed in the water.. I thought they too looked wonderful.

thecatsmeoww
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/29/2009 12:05:59 PM
BALD MEN ARE SEXY, SEXY, SEXY
 joanne1357
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/30/2009 1:52:37 AM
shave it off or military- very sexy
 kamikazekate
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:22:12 PM
SHAVE IT! BE LIKE VIN DIESEL! YUMMY! SEXY SEXY SEXY! WHO NEEDS HAIR? THE MORE TESTOSTERONE, THE LESS HAIR!
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:42:38 PM
Every 3 times you make Love ; 1 hair is lost.
 RandysGirl
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:43:15 PM
I like both. I love it with short beard & goatee. Sexy
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:41:47 PM
I started losing my hair relatively early, about 26. At first it was just in front, which I could deal with. When I developed a balding spot in the back, I shaved everything and have done so for the last 13 years.

I swore as a kid if I ever went bald I'd NEVER do the combover. Those guys look like idiots-not sorry.

I also swore I'd never do the "Friar Tuck". That looks equally laughable.
 DragonBits
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/20/2012 10:45:42 AM
MyScreennameRox Same for me, I first noticed I was going bald at 30.

I either shave my head or leave a stubble. Recently (last week) went back to shaving my head. Soon I will shave off the mustache.

BTW, I believe if I did a survey, men that have mustaches, beards or goatees are more often bald.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL