Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 karma1160
Msg: 30
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOLPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I prefer bald . If you have lost most of it just shave it off that way you don't have to look at the fact that it is disappearing everyday. I like bald but for men who don't why feel bad when there is nothing you can do about it anyway.
 RockDrummer_2010
Msg: 31
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:05:23 PM
"I didn't start getting less Hair - I started getting more Head"

*Really cool with a new date after going on a motorcycle ride, she's untangling her hair & asks "do you have a brush"...then looks up at me and goes "OH" (wayyyyy too funny)!
 moraima
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 8:51:56 AM
When I ride motorcycle, I wear a hairnet and of course by law a helmet.............no wrecked hair for me. When hair is down to your waist a tad bit of care is needed. My ex used to laugh at me getting off the bike, removing helmet and hairnet and shaking out my locks.

It has been almost two decades since I watch my late husbands hair fall out over a period of about 24 hrs due to chemical poisoning during cancer treatment. Sorry but when a man shaves his head it doesn't look as natural as pattern baldness, and unfortunately makes me wonder about his health. I fully realize it is my issue. However, razor burn from rubbing up against a two day old shaved head sucks.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/29/2009 12:05:59 PM
BALD MEN ARE SEXY, SEXY, SEXY
 kamikazekate
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:22:12 PM
SHAVE IT! BE LIKE VIN DIESEL! YUMMY! SEXY SEXY SEXY! WHO NEEDS HAIR? THE MORE TESTOSTERONE, THE LESS HAIR!
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:42:38 PM
Every 3 times you make Love ; 1 hair is lost.
 RandysGirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:43:15 PM
I like both. I love it with short beard & goatee. Sexy
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/17/2012 10:41:47 PM
I started losing my hair relatively early, about 26. At first it was just in front, which I could deal with. When I developed a balding spot in the back, I shaved everything and have done so for the last 13 years.

I swore as a kid if I ever went bald I'd NEVER do the combover. Those guys look like idiots-not sorry.

I also swore I'd never do the "Friar Tuck". That looks equally laughable.
 DragonBits
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/20/2012 10:45:42 AM
MyScreennameRox Same for me, I first noticed I was going bald at 30.

I either shave my head or leave a stubble. Recently (last week) went back to shaving my head. Soon I will shave off the mustache.

BTW, I believe if I did a survey, men that have mustaches, beards or goatees are more often bald.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:37:33 AM
Bald or shaved...the horseshoe is ugly and absurd, and Rox, you are cute as can be!
 Thornz2000
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/22/2012 6:26:27 PM
You really have to shave it off to see how it looks.
If your head has dings, dents, scars and stuff it might not look to good.

So 1 way to know is do the shave.

Hair grows back.
 CptIronJack
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/23/2012 5:48:23 PM
you asked the ladies, but I'll put in my 2cents anyway. I shaved my head 12 years ago, had I known how much fun it would have been and how easy it is to keep up, i'd have shaved my head 20 years ago. It took me six months to convince my best friend to shave his and he's 10 years younger than i, but when he saw how much fun I was having he shaved his, that was 5 years ago, neither of us would consider growing hair again. Bout the only woman upset about me shaving my head was my barber, go figure. But I can shave my head and be out the door in far less time than it took to fix my hair
 harleymagnuson
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:23:06 PM
Ya!!! Man up!!! I was useing a# 3 blade got sunburned, looked like I had the mange, SHAVED about 1998, been shaving ever since, it kinda seems to draw the BAD GIRLS, esp. with the GOAT, My Harley likes it too! Good & Bad seem to be surprised when they find out your not a Hitman, or a Collector ! Try it out you only get a week or so out of it TOPS, I wouldn't go back to hair unless they paid me!
 crackersnbed
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:51:06 AM
Keep it short; it drives the ladies wild. Although I am not sure if its my hair that drives them wild or maybe something else.
 ohenryx
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:21:27 AM
Interesting thread. How often do you have to shave your head, once you go in that direction?
 loveoutside
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:28:29 PM

Keep it short; it drives the ladies wild. Although I am not sure if its my hair that drives them wild or maybe something else

I have a full head of hair and had a same style since college. Then out of drunken stupor, I got it buzzed few weeks ago and girls love it! I don't get it but since its so easy to take care of, I'm keeping it. Plus no more helmet head after riding my motorcycle, so double plus.
 1964armymom
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:00:04 AM

I think it probably depends on the man, some look fine partially bald, some look even better completely shaved. I personally like men with shaved heads. Especially with goatees ;-)

Me too :)
I dated a couple of men that were so self conscious about their hair and had comb overs going on. YUCK. I used to say to the one, embrace it.
Met a guy this weekend and he had his trimmed short and a goatee. :-D
 Whisky_River
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/30/2012 9:44:02 AM
I love bald guys....I'd rather see that than a man with a chrome dome with a ponytail....lol.
I have met men with comb overs starting at the ear to a guy wearing a topee'....shave it off guys!!
Much sexier....imo
 Donnieman
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/30/2012 1:48:44 PM
I agree with scoundrel, for me its the same . My head is too small, a shaved head looks better on bigger brain bucket.
I wont shave my head again although perhaps keep it short.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/30/2012 4:23:50 PM
Number 2 clip for me! Nice and easy!
 jojoaus
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:48:16 AM
First time I met my ex... his head was shaved. HOT HOT HOT!!!! After a few months he let it grow in a little, but kept it to a silver stubble. As he was super fit (yes at age 48...) and tanned- oh wow he looked good. I still in all honesty preferred the totally shaved look. Guys... women like the bald look!!! My current guy has lots of hair but I recently noticed a small thinning patch at the crown... gonna suggest the shave. He would look awesome :D
 leonaiz
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:52:13 PM
Shave it off, women do not want to look at male pattern baldness. Whenever my man shaves his head it makes me hot for him.
 nativerock
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:59:28 PM
I think some men look far better with a shaved head.. My younger son shaved his and once I got beyond the shock I really had to say he looked far better with no hair..

I might follow suit someday myself because my hair has been growing like a weed and might just go on a retreat sometime soon and just do it.. lol
 edgedreality
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:37:56 PM
Shave it off! I don't know what I was thinking. At least I didn't have a pony-tail as well. I only wish I did it 20+ years ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL