Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Is clinical depression caused by internal or external forces?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
You are so right, Christine...
I am currently suffering though the worst depression of my life. My depression is Exogenous, not ENdogenous(Hope I spelled that correctly).
People who have never suffered depression have absolutely no idea the HELL that it causes. Up until 8 years go, I used to have seizures.... I would GLADLY take the seizures over my current depression, because I honestly don't think I can take another day like I had today.
 sneakydevil2009
Msg: 81
Is clinical depression caused by internal or external forces
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:01:00 PM
[Chronic, clinical, depression is a choice that fo0ls make]

You are totally ignorant on this subject.I suggest that you take some courses in psychology.
You clearly are not a psychiatrist nor a psychotherapist or you would know the difference
between the different types of depression!!
I on the other hand do have many degrees in these fields and have testified in many courts as an expert in the field of the brain.
Before you open your mouth and insert your foot again,I suggest that you have the jaws of life to remove your gigantic foot!!
It is because of people like you,that people who need help refuse to seek that help!!
 Rmary1947
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Is clinical depression caused by internal or external forces?
Posted: 5/21/2009 10:09:25 PM
Hummm! Could be both. Food for thought.
Consider also that depression is anger turned inward.

Examples: When on "bites ones tongue" enough and does not speak up with a feeling or could not. That anger could fester into a depression origin external. Or could be a people pleaser that just does without negitive feelings from loved ones or friends, again anger inward becomes depression.

OH MY! I thought chemistry evolved with the phermones we produce. When two people met or past attractions happen as we smell this seemingly hidden factor that makes the other more attractive.
I believe some folks are visual more, auditory, and tactic more. Or a combination of these three. And maybe the phermones take over from there.

Its late now, maybe I can sleep. Best of Luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >