Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oneofakind104
Msg: 101
After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
that exact same question i asked myself over and over again after i lost mine as well. i never thought i could have another emotional bond as strong as i once had, but i do. it took a very long time to find her but i always had the thought that maybe "today could be the day". then one day it was. so i guess what i am saying is..yes.
 willlickurkitty96
Msg: 102
After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?
Posted: 8/6/2005 11:30:56 PM
I know how you feel lost my wife and son 8 yrs ago on august 4 1997. I was having people say to me life goes on or it will get better with time. I would tell them you have 2 choices blow your head off or get up tomorow and live another day. I feel bad for your loss and them being in a better place does not stop me from missing them everyday. Ill pray for you
 xyzman18
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:32:35 PM
I lost my soulmate recently... not the same way as you did... she didn't die but it was to a failed relationship and then a complete falling out to the point where we're barely in eachother's lives anymore which has been the most heartbreaking chain of events of my life. I'm not going to lie, it turned my life upside down.

However there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still struggling with this as well so this is advice to me as well but things always do get better. Time is one of life's great healers. In time, when you're ready, you will heal and you will be ready to find someone else. As someone beautifully put it earlier in this forum, you will never love someone the same way as you loved her but you will love them in a different way when you're ready. It probably does seem right now like you could never be with someone else again... because she was the love of your life and she will always hold a very special place in your heart but you will learn to love again in time. But be patient and give yourself time and focus on enjoying your life as much as possible.
 Mrslucci
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:56:15 PM
You can never fill her place,just her space.Each love is different and should be appreciated for that very reason.In time someone will make you smile.Take time.
 I_Need_A_Better_Name
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:04:52 PM
I am overwelmed by the response to this thread. I've had a very busy and wonderful summer, so far, and it's not over yet. Thank you all that have posted. Thank you for your warm compassionate messages and thoughts. I would have liked to respond to each and every one of you, but time has not allowed me to do that. I do check the thread every day and read every new post.

During the summer I have found someone that I care about very very much. We met on Yahoo and she introduced me to PoF. We have been chatting for some time now and we finally had the chance to meet face to face at the London PoF BBQ in June. We have kept in constant contact since then by emails, phone calls and lots and lots of driving by both of us.

This wonderful lady, and a whole bunch of the London family drove up to Timmins to attend the PoF BBQ here in July. At that time she met my daughter and a great many of my friends here. Aweek later, she invited me and my two youngest children down south and we all spend some fantastic time together. Then, the weekend after returning, a few fellow PoF members and myself made the trek down south again to attend another London PoF BBQ on Aug.05.

She is a very lovely and understanding woman. She completely understands my current situation and that of my children. She truely understands how much I loved Carol , and is not affaid to talk with me or my children about her. Not sure yet if this is 'the one', but only time will tell. The children and I will travelling down south again on the Labor Day long weekend and I myself, can't wait to hold this beautiful woman in my arms again.

Again, thank you all for your kind thoughts and messages. You have given me the hope and motivation to continue on in life.
 workinggirl42
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:45:58 AM

lol..okay now I am jealous! lol who is this woman?
 gotaman
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:57:16 AM
Yes, another soulmate can be found. I believe that in our lives we actually have amny soulmates. We just have different kinds of connections that bring us to them. Losing someone you love that deeply is the worst feeling in the world, but they are gone, you are not. It is some of the worst pain in the world, but your life has to go on. Somedays getting out of bed seems impossible, the only thing I can say which sounds very cliche' but is the truth, time heals. I do understand that kind of pain.
 Tha 1
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/17/2005 12:38:07 PM
Like everything in life, count your blessings, bless others and will it! I know my soulmate thanks the same stars everynight and one day we'll meet.
 Candid1
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:32:52 PM
i believe there is more than one soul mate in one's lifetime. it's as though you have a soulmate for every stage of life you experience (teens/highschool.. college...etc) very few of us are lucky to find a soulmate for all stages.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:43:58 PM
Yeah you can't replace your soulmate no matter who comes along after you lost someone. Anyone else that comes along after that is more on the lines of human companionship then anything else.

Now i'm not saying that next person is second rate by all means, but that second person could never replace that special feeling that you have for your soulmate and explaining that to that second person can be tough because that second person may feel that they will always be 2nd place in your heart, which isn't true but it just means that no one can replace the special place that you have in your heart for your soulmate.
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:55:54 AM
I am very glad you have found someone that you enjoy spending time with. Like you, I lost my soulmate through death. It takes time to get through it and begin a new life. One thing I can say is you can feel them in the smiles of your children. They really have never left you because you can touch your heart and the love you shared still remains. They will remain with us forever because memories never die. I know that he would want me to love again and be happy and I am sure that is what she would want for you also. Love is the true gift of life and we should embrace it. Yes, we can find another soulmate.
 Goldie082
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:51:46 PM
I do believe that everyone has a soulmate... but... that doesnt mean that you will marry your soulmate...
I havent had the same friends all my life (i moved way too many times), but I have this one friend who has proven to be my "best friend" I shouldnt say never..but I dont have 'feelings' for him, but i know that we will never have a serious relationship with eachother.. but he defently has proven to be the best, and i know that our friendship will grow forever..
I can talk to him about anything, and he knows that he can do the same. So I feel that he is my soulmate... someone who i will spend the rest of my life with.. (not marry) but be best friends with...

Now where does it say in Websters Dictionary that your Soulmate is the one your gonna marry????

Websters Dictinoary :
Soul Mate - Someone for whom you have a deep affinity.

Affinity - A close connection marked by community of interests or similarity in nature or character
 shyning
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:38:10 PM
i believe youre right goldie. my soul mate died 3 yrs ago and i went through this question. but now i see i can move on and when the next soul mate arrives i will allow myself to grow with it.
 daisie
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:48:14 PM
People say "soulmate" like it is a very distinct, unique, specific being. It's not. A "soulmate" is someone you get along very well with and you MAKE it into something more by being willing to share, give and recieve love.....the world is full of many, many, many potential "soulmates" for each of us. Just make something great with a good person you know.

I hate the term "soulmate"....it misleads people into thinking there is no control over it...confuses them into thinking it is pre-destined to be, "in the stars" or some such hoo-hah.
 horny_in_calgary
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:12:20 PM
Not sure....I lost my wife, my soulmate, when I was 25. I thought I had found my second soulmate after that when one of my best friends at the time and I decided to start an intimate relationship. This lasted for 9 years and ever since I have been searching but with very little hope of actually finding someone!! I guess I am doomed to meaningless, yet pleasurable sexual encounters.
 Robin
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:31:40 PM
First, i would like to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family on the lose of your wife. Finding another soul mate is going to take time, she may be just around the corner, she may be 25 blocks down around the corner, but you will find her. You have to remember that your wife is watching over you and taking care of you while you go through your greiving process. I lost my sould mate 8 years ago to cancer as well. And although i have had a boyfriend since, i still miss him everyday. I love my boyfriend very much, but the love i feel for him, is very different than the love i still have for the one i lost. I think about him all the time and know that he is watching over me and taking care of me and my child.

You will meet another soul mate, your wife will make sure that you are not going to spend you life alone. Have patience my friend, when you are ready you will find her.

Take care and God Bless you

blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:36:17 PM

I've always figured if ya lost yer soulmate he/she never
was your soulmate to begin with.... unless of course it was a death..

But what do I know...*shrug*

I have to agree with luvinlittleyellow on that.

I'm also thinking that if a person had been your 'soulmate' you probably wouldn't be looking for another 6 months after they died.

but what do I know....
 oneofakind104
Msg: 118
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/11/2005 9:10:41 PM
Hi Alone...

First of all...my condolences to you for your loss. I am a cancer survivor...feel a kinship and connection to those who lost the battle...sort of as if they battled MY own battle as well.

I think it is awesome that you are so honest with yourself and others about your marriage...that you can admit it was not "perfect." So many people tend to dwell only on the perfection in relationships after a partner passes...it is healthy and a breath of fresh air to see you not do that. :) HUGS!!

I am someone who has never believed that there was just one person in the universe for each of us. Makes no sense, right? I mean...sometimes "soul mates" never meet up...or when someone's life is shortened (like w. your wife or a younger person for example) that would mean whoever was intended as their soul mate will never meet them or live life without that...makes no sense that God would do that! ;)

However, I also am with someone who feels to be my soul mate. I feel if we end up apart for whatever reason, I will never love on this level again...never plateau to the depths we have. However, I do believe I would love again.

The thing is...I believe that once you HAVE experienced that magnitude of love...that you are content with it. You realize the gift you had...and some gifts are made to be cherished for life...even if in memory only...but that does not mean you stop accepting other gifts. And those gifts can be pretty darn awesome too...but maybe they will never "top" the one special gift you received? As long as you are honest with yourself and your new partner...and she respects what you have already experienced...I think you will one day be fine.

Best wishes and thoughts to you!!
 I_Need_A_Better_Name
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:08:13 AM
workinggirl

<-------------------

I do believe you know exactly who you are.
 firefoxspkn
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:16:01 AM
The cruelest lie I have ever heard in my life is that there is only that one special person out there that is compatible with you. The truth is there are several personality types some varying from others , ,but common enough to be classified by the worlds leading authorities on psychological research. So to answer that yes there are plenty soul mates out there for you based on the reasoning that similar personality types do in fact exist in the same points in time.
 Venomous
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:23:32 AM
there is always hope that one will be able to love again, perhaps your wife has chosen your soumate from up in heaven, she could be closer to you right now than you would ever be able to realise at this moment. I'm so sorry that you are going through such a rough time right now, and my thoughts and prayers are with you bro'.
 darkstorm73
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:30:45 AM
The fact of the matter is, some soulmates aren't always meant to be there. They don't just come as lovers, either. Some can be siblings or friends that feel like your twin! The fact is that sometimes they come into your life for one reason or another and once that goal has been met, you both go your way. It doesn't mean that you won't have another. AS a matter of FACT, they may be preparing you for the next... So don't fret once you've lost one, wondering what went wrong or why... cherish what you had when you have it and be sure that if it's meant for you... you will find someone that will fit you in a whole new way.
 cricketgo
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 7:15:52 PM
In the past 20 years I have lost a boyfriend and a husband to death. I have loved again but we're not together right now, perhaps we will be later,or maybe not, its not for me to decide now. We have to live our lives as best we can and search for love because it is something we all need. I believe if we want love again we will find it.
 workinggirl42
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:39 AM
@alone4now2005

Yes Dear I know
xoxoxox
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?