Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poekie1970
Msg: 176
After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Wish you all the best in these horrible times...

Its never easy when you lose a loved one

sjohnson956
Msg: 177
After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?
Posted: 12/4/2005 1:19:11 PM
I know your pain, I lost my ex two months ago. We were patching things up. We were ment for each other also but thru many diffrent health problems and such she ended up losing or winning the battle. I say winning because she did end up passing in her sleep. She was on so many pills I could not begin to name them all even if I knew them all. She delt wish health problems since she was 15. Thats when her kidneys failed. She had under gone 3 diffrent transplants and the last one seemed to be working but then she passed. The second transplant was mine. When she lost it she felt so guilty that she basically gave up her will to live and kicked me out of her life. Atleast as much as she could. Anyway, I figure when I find the next one I am ment to be with I will know as I did with her. That was love at first site. At this point Im still working thru the disbelief and the pain. Good luck to you.
 cara2005
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/4/2005 8:38:46 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Such an incredibly beautiful woman. How very sad & my heart goes out to you!!!

This is a quote from your profile

The way has been prepared. The people you are to meet will be expecting you. A new journey has begun.

Another quote:

But, life has lead me to a very beautiful lady in Southern Ontario. Cathy (workinggirl42) and I had been chat friends since Jan./05 and when we met in June at Sir James' Place, sparks flew. We're like two pieces of a puzzle that fit together perfectly.

Am I missing something?
 cara2005
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/5/2005 12:48:22 AM
Never mind, I just answered my own question. Just discovered the thread started way back in June. No wonder it didnt make sence. Sorry!
 I_Need_A_Better_Name
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:15:58 AM
cara2005

lol, yes this thread has been going now for six months. It will be a year this month that my wife Carol passed away. Things have been rough, especially for my 15 yo son and 13 yo daughter. I have moved on slowly, met a lot of internet pals and one very special lady from southern Ontario.

I know I will never meet anyone exactly like Carol , but I have found someone to share my love with for the rest of my life, God Willing.

~A4N
 thrall777
Msg: 181
i lost my soul mate also,to lupas...
Posted: 12/7/2005 7:48:32 PM
bro ijust lost my wife to lupas 2 mos ago,we had our first son together 4mos ago.,it hit so hard and fast we couldnt do anything to save her,i sat with her in i.c.u. for 3wks she then had 22 strokes in 1hour,then she faded away bro,they made me pull her off life support,i as a man will never be able to love another woman that way....so im wondering the same thing bro,is there another soulmate out there????? from another broken soul,they are watching over us im truly,truly,sorry for your loss.
 madamx7316
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:59:10 PM
id certainly like to hope so!
 cara2005
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/7/2005 10:04:45 PM

id certainly like to hope so!
... ditto

gosh thrall thats an awful lot to go through for a guy your age. My heart goes out to you!
 babbyme
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2005 2:52:36 AM
I lost my husband of my lifetime, 3 years ago. We also had ups and downs (mostly myself, he was so 'solid'), but there was always tenderness and respect and acceptance. I don't know if one day I will cross paths with someone especial for me again. I know, if he turns up, it will not be the same, because everybody is different and we play different tunes with different people, though, different tunes can all be sweet. That's why I am here for talk/ email. I can't quite yet bring myself to use the 'w' word, that's why I call it 'separation', kind of 'until we meet again'. Some time ago I re entered the dating world, and the internet was the easiest way. I dated very few guys, and so far, they have all been especial in their own ways, but not for me. Maybe it is my 'fault', because I know what I know,and it is hard not to compare at a feeling level. Honestly, I am finding very difficult to be 'impressed' by anyone. I like sharing parts of my life, but not my life (as I did). I suppose it takes time. My aim is not to 'plan' or to expect, just be myself, happy, smiling to what I do, to my dreams and to my memories. Our soulmate, whichever way s/he left, never really leaves us. They are an integral part of who we are, in our hearts, minds and souls. Essentially, I believe that there's more than one soul mate for each of us (lovers, friends). Sometimes we can be so wrapped up in our own journey that we don't see them.
I don't want to sound too dramatic, or poetic, that discourages you, or me, from hoping that one day we will have that connection again.
I also agree with what others said: that your gone soul mate will want you to find happiness again, and we will have their blessings.
good luck, and my sympathy for your loss.
Trix

bluemystery
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2005 2:11:38 PM
Condolences for your loss. I too have lost loved ones to cancer.
I believe that there are many kinds of soulmates, and that we have more soulmates than we are consciously aware of at any time. Some come and go, some are friends...some we only meet briefly and some we might not even know in this world.
When it is time and when you are ready you will be able to invite into your life many possibilities to choose from...and with the right intention and initiative you will once again be involved with a soulmate romantically. When we connect with ourselves we connect with others...the more we can connect with ourselves, the more connected our attractions will be. Then we can connect on the soul level....your soulmate mirrors who you are in any given moment and vice versa...besides you did not lose your soulmate...I believe soul connection transcends time and space and does not disconnect upon physical death.
Be well.
 cara2005
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/8/2005 6:29:48 PM
Blue ....
When we connect with ourselves we connect with others...the more we can connect with ourselves, the more connected our attractions will be. Then we can connect on the soul level....your soulmate mirrors who you are in any given moment and vice versa...
Would you have titles of books on this subject? I am very much interested.
 impazzita
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/8/2005 6:35:43 PM
after getting online (dating services) for over 8years, and this one here for at least one year. I haven't met anyone. is there really a need nowadays to meet someone else to replace what we had? Why do you want someone in your life for starters. Most people shy away from the realities of being a couple in a relationship. Sharing stuff together and being together sometimes - never met anyone. Never had a relationship even in a 20 year marriage. Can't be for me then.
 Tripdave
Msg: 188
Can Another Soulmate Be Found? YES
Posted: 12/8/2005 6:45:20 PM
Short answer: YES
I have had 3 soulmates, granted, none of them past away but
nonetheless, each one was deeply held as a soulmate.
I do not have one now, as children do not count in this equation,
but I am patient, knowing there is an abundance of soulmates in this world.

Note: Even though I am not with any of these 3 women, we remain eternal friends.
 cara2005
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/8/2005 6:50:46 PM
impazzita, for some reason somehow I am not sensing that in you.
 suzyone
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/9/2005 9:13:59 AM
Im sorry for your lost What was the sight you were spoken of
 les25
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/9/2005 10:16:03 AM
From experience, I have lost my soulmate the man who made my life complete. Now I keep my eyes open and ready to find "The One" who will help me feel complete again, and when i try, no one even comes close to it. I think once you find the person who gives you that crazy feeling in the pit of your stomach, the one you think about all day long even though they are right in the other room. It is next to impossible to find another like that. You just have to be strong. Don't settle for just anyone wait, if there is another out there for you that person will come to you, and if not then remember that old saying "It is always better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"
 I_Need_A_Better_Name
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:28:32 AM
@ thrall777

My heart goes out to you buddy, sorry for your loss.

Carol was my soulmate. I miss her very much, think about her every day and talk to my children about her all the time. She will always be a part of me, a part of my life and that of my children. But I know Carol wouldn't want us to stop living because she is no longer on this earth physically.

I concider myself a very lucky man to have found Carol , my soulmate. And now, I do believe I have found another. As you can tell by my profile, and Cathy's profile (workinggirl42), we have become very close in the last few months.

You too, thrall777, must continue to live. I am sure you will also find another to share your love with again. Don't dispair, move along at your own pace and don't rush into anything. Just "Be Yourself", make as many friends as possible and when you least expect it, you will really really connect with someone as Cathy and I have.

Good Luck My Friend. My heart is with you.
~A4N
 SXXXYLICIOUS
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:26:54 PM
There is no such thing as a soulmate. I mean, c'mon, it's like saying there is something like " love at first sight ". The person you stay with or marry is not your soulmate...it's your settled state. People marry bc they SETTLE, and they throw in love and make themselves believe that they really love each other. Throw in one catalyst and the marriage breaks up. If love is for eternity and they are soul mates, then why would one catalyst easily break them up? Marriage is seriously so outdated...there are other forms of satisfaction with freedom.
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 194
Posted: 12/17/2005 1:22:30 PM
Marriages break up because people like you don't believe in soul mates, and therefore, settle for what they think is good enough.

If people held out for that one special person...the divorce rate wouldn't be so high, and marriages wouldn't break up because of one catalyst.
 IS1
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/17/2005 2:57:01 PM
Yes sir, another can be found. The "One and Only" theory is a fantasy created by Hollywood and illusions we have while listening to our favorite love songs. There may not be an abundance of them, but there is definitely more than one person you can be compatable with and have a happy, fufilling life with. I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife. Best wishes in your search for a new life partner. You sound like a good man. I'm sure a good woman will find you.
 Rohirrium
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/17/2005 6:10:26 PM
If you've still the compassion and heart to find another, you will.
 Maggie3
Msg: 197
Posted: 12/18/2005 8:42:14 AM
I do not live close to you, but I do suggest that you should find someone that you like for her and do not compare her to your Carol, I just dated a man that lost his wife, and after five years in the relationship, I found out that I looked like his lost wife and everything he bought me was like if it was for her, for example I was born in June (pearls) he will by me Garnet gems ( lost wifes sign), so please do not try to find a replacement for her, but someone that could bring her self into a relationship, since I know how heart breaking it could be to find out that the person you love is realy still in love with his lost wife, not you.

Take care
 islandgrl42
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:12:29 AM
I can so relate to your story. My husband & I were on vacation holding hands crossing the street when he was struck and killed by a speeding driver. I wanted to die with him but almost one year later I am still alive. I swore I could never live without him, he was the best friend I've ever had and I have some great friends. We always felt like we had something most people didn't even know existed. I often wonder if I had to lose it in order for someone else to experience what we had. I feel greedy to want it back but it was the life we chose and loved. I should be grateful for the beautiful years I had and I am grateful but because it was sooo good I can't ever expect to have that again. Both the gift and the curse he left me was that now I know how good it can be! I'm lucky for that.
 lover48
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:26:06 AM
I know and feel what you are going thru, lost my Father in year 2000, lost my Mother in 2001, and finaly lost my wife 18 mnths ago, how do you continue? You look at life over again and say to yourself every day things happen for a reason, she told me that one day and now I understand it! I believe you are here to love and be loved , to help and be helped if needed to be happy and make others happy, if you keep all that in mind you will eventualy find somebody else to make all those things happen again. I look at my kids and grand kids and see a little bit of those people I lost in them , that's what makes me move on. Stay positive! my feelings go out to you all that have lost somebody dear to them...............
 perceptivemoonowl
Msg: 200
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:55:38 AM
only thing i can say is im sure your wife(may she rest in peace) would want you to be happy and find someone special to share your life and your children. time heals all wounds so when the time is right im sure that your wife will send you another soulmate. you know sometimes it can be right in front of us but we cant the forest thru the trees. just give it time is all i can say. remember her for she is always with you. but love will come again , that i believe in
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > After Losing Your Soulmate, Can Another Be Found?