Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smart Lass
Msg: 26
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
OP, while I agree this man was rude, your motives for posting here are pretty transparent as well and two wrongs don't make a right. When you meet someone on the pond and then you post about them, you will always be viewed as rude as well.

Frankly, I don't understand why you went out with him a second time, or a third for that matter, but you did. Lesson learned, let it go. Don't waste anymore time on this, just let it go.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 27
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:42:48 AM
He is lucky you agreed to date number #2. He sounds weird. And for God sakes let HIM take YOU on a real date. Those sound more like meetings. The no money thing and always on the phone sound oh to familiar. Was this guy in Avon Lake Ohio??? lol Move on to someone else. Good luck!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:26:42 AM
I agree that it is not very classy to post this knowing that he'll see it, and also allow him to keep trying to call you after. Since he has a two year old child and a babysitter that night, I would have found out at least if it was a family emergency before taking off. It wasn't clear to me in your wording that you got out of your car and joined him in his car during the 20 minute conversation, and I had the thought that perhaps he would have gotten off the phone as soon as you joined him, or at least paused to tell you what was going on. You two were incompatible, but no need to post like this. And whatever bothers you on a date is up to you, but in the future, if issues like being late are important to you, you need to communicate this to your dates. To me, I wouldn't have even thought twice about the 10 minutes late with a warning phone call. Not everyone is as much of a stickler for time. The only thing I would have really been bothered by is the cell phone call, but I still would have send him a message, rather than having him just call until he gives up.
 DDay555
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:36:23 AM
Nope, you did right...

The first warning signs was that he had his 2 year-old with him on the first date. What was he thinking? The rest all just went downhill from there, which wasn't exactly optimum in the first place.

Keep looking, there's more

Good luck!
 Rachaelh
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:15:39 AM
I don't think the fast food thing speaks of distrespect, but it does show you his lifestyle and where you will be eating when with him in future, so that's a choice for you to make. As for the cell phone call, I think it would depend on the nature of the call if I left or not. If he was just gabbing about nothing to a buddy, well yeah, he's giving you a message, but if it's a really important call like something from work or someone is sick, then obviously he's gotta talk on it.
I would have waited and asked what the call was about and then decided.
 Dream_Life
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:32:41 AM
You are past 30. Why are you having dates at McDonald's and Taco bell??

Eeew.
 Dream_Life
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:35:35 AM
And ditto on the cellphone issue. I dated a guy for way too long who was stuck to his phone. Never again. Beyond rude.

Once you start setting limits and establishing standards, you'll see that this sort of stuff will end.
 linuxprogrammer
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:05:54 PM
kychik, the guy didn't show any good judgement at all, and didn't any respect. In the beginning, you went above and beyond what could have been expected. In the end, however, you demonstrated a reasonable degree of immaturity by blowing him off, ignoring him, and attempting to get back at him via the forums.

I'd call it a draw, and suggest that you two sit down and rationally discuss where and how things went wrong. Perhaps an adult discussion will help smooth over your rough start.
 Bluntsword
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/5/2008 1:23:08 PM
This is simple Run! run like the wind!
 kychik33
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:01:27 PM

And for God sakes let HIM take YOU on a real date. Those sound more like meetings.

That's just it auburndiva... the "day 3" was supposed to have been a "real date". The first two were just meetings. And I'm ok with that. For the 3rd day - he had a babysitter...... he mentioned movies and dinner....... but then once he showed up (late) it was obvious he had no plans whatsoever.
 kychik33
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:04:42 PM

As for the cell phone call, I think it would depend on the nature of the call if I left or not. If he was just gabbing about nothing to a buddy, well yeah, he's giving you a message, but if it's a really important call like something from work or someone is sick, then obviously he's gotta talk on it.
I would have waited and asked what the call was about and then decided.

I did wait and I did ask what the cell phone call was about (he decided to end the call when he saw I was leaving)... It was mere chit-chat... no emergencies.... not a work call - - I agree with you that in those situations - I would have been completely understanding.
 kychik33
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:07:32 PM

I'd call it a draw, and suggest that you two sit down and rationally discuss where and how things went wrong. Perhaps an adult discussion will help smooth over your rough start.

Nah.
 DDay555
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:33:31 PM
Be thankful he showed you his real colors before things got too serious. That's no way to treat a lady.
 Hookme2009
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/6/2008 1:06:38 PM
McDonalds and then taco bell????? I know one thing, if I am meeting someone for the first time, not taking them to a fast food joint unless they specifically request it. Taco bell is only good for a 2 am snack after a night of drinking with your date.
 RealityAlways
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/7/2008 4:43:23 AM
Why are you stressing about this? If it doesn't feel right it is not! :-)
For whatever reason he was not into you bottom line. I could see being late and calling to let you know however this was continous on his end. And he knew the whole while he was talking on that phone for 20 minutes that you were there waiting on him. He's a scumbag bottom line.
 spartan man
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:09:22 AM
did you get a happy meal?
 kychik33
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/7/2008 11:05:01 AM

did you get a happy meal?

Nope... not even fries.... bought my own darn drink even! HaHa!
 kychik33
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/7/2008 11:05:19 AM
Good advice, SilverDevil.
 2sweeeeet
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/7/2008 11:08:47 AM
spartan man I loved your post to this!!! still laughing!
to the OP:
why do you feel the need to have so many strangers affirm your decision? its your life and you're the one who decides who you date and who you dont... if you werent impressed why bother having others affirm your decision about this dude?
I personally wouldnt have gone out to a fast food place to begin with - but thats just who I am...
on the one hand I can see thats its creepy to take your child out on a date with you - on the other hand if you cant afford a babysitter or the other parent isnt the kind of person you'd ask or trust to keep your child while you go out what else can ya do? I fall into that category - but I'm also upfront about it.
If his lateness the first time bothered you so much why did you agree to go out again? seems to me like you were setting yourself up for disappointment so you could whine about something...
 kychik33
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/7/2008 12:08:07 PM

why do you feel the need to have so many strangers affirm your decision?

I don't. I just thought it would make some interesting conversation - - and it has. Heck, you even responded to it.

If his lateness the first time bothered you so much why did you agree to go out again?

It didn't bother me the first time. He called to tell me he was running late - - I understood - no big deal. It bothered me when I noticed a pattern - always late.
 kychik33
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/7/2008 12:10:02 PM
A sincere THANKS to all those who have posted... It has been interesting.

I'm done posting..... on this subject anyway.
 sunkist76
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:08:30 PM
i don't consider going somewhere that uses plasticware a "date".
 Paul53817
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/8/2008 12:09:52 PM
Forget about him, he is an inconsiderate jerk!!!
 casp3r
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 12:20:17 PM
u were totaly correct i would never take any of my kids on any date never mind a first date and if im on a date my phone is on silent and would prob not be answered at all not least to chat for 20 min reading what you put up with suggests to me he was not single
 lostincali
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/8/2008 12:37:01 PM
I met this guy on POF in person last Friday. Friday night we decided to meet at McDonalds... he brought his two year old son. He was 10 minutes late

There are more red flags there than a NASCAR race.
Run away as fast as you can.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....