Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldscool101
Msg: 126
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
If you think thats bad.....

I met this girl on pof who wanted me to drive for 2 hours to meet her...offered me a bed to sleep in for the night so i wouldnt have to drive home tired. When i got there she spent the whole evening on the cell with her ex boyfriend arguing so i left around midnight. I tried to ignore her hoping she would figure out that what she done was really rude but it didnt sink i. After a few days i dediced to answer her text messages which were piling up daily. I told her where she went wrong and i got cussed for it lol.
 drofmusic
Msg: 127
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....
Posted: 1/2/2009 2:06:17 PM
That was absolutely uncalled for on his part... One time, maybe, but that is so unthoughtful and selfish on his part. He, obviously, was not conerned about you and I would guess he was an arrogant man, too. You did the right thing and I would not want you to have to go through this stuff again... hang in there and see you later.

christhoper
 action_girl
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:33:37 PM
more patience than me......................
first date......child intow......don't think so unless previously arranged..............even in an emergency situation i would expect the other person to phone and explain/mention the need/give an option to reschedule or ask if it would be okay to bring them/one along.....................!
courtesy
 c200ns
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/3/2009 7:47:06 PM
He either doesn't have time for you or is just very inconsiderate, drop him and move on.
 Paisley.099
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 8:43:40 PM
I have to agree with ~Amoré~ on this one. Sounds like he is looking for a babysitter, or a new babymama. There are plenty of fish out there. Toss this one back.
 Lloyd_237
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/3/2009 8:50:36 PM
Well, in some ways I see this man as being cheap and inconsiderate.j

He comes to meet you at places like taco bell and mcdonalds? I'd do that if Iw as in Jr High. We're adults now, a restaraunt like Chili's or TGIFriday's would be a lot better. Even if he didn't want to eat, he could sit there and get to know you.

You were in the right to lose this loser, especially after the cell phone ordeal.

I hope you find someone that will treat you better than that.
 jenjen76
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/3/2009 9:37:11 PM
The guy sounds like a loser & u definatey have more patience then me, cause i would have been gone way sooner, i cant stand cheap men or inconsiderate people!!
 cinders48
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 3:45:05 AM
Well done !!!! There are far too many players around. Let him go. x
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:56:16 AM
This guy you describe does not seem to respect other people's time and he showed a pattern. I would agree with your impression and also would have driven away.

However.....

You seem to expect men to pay to date you. What may help is to indicate in your profile that you are a "traditional" girl and therefore expect men to wine and dine you, to woo you with treats and such...you will avoid the types that won't wine and dine you and save yourself the disappointment on future dates. There is nothing wrong with having traditional values but you should be upfront about them.
 winetaster51
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 8:26:41 AM
Ok I think we have all beat this dude up pretty good lol. YES run forest fun! lol. But I have to agree with english lass and bcsfn57 that you cant help him realize his lack of respect, manners, eticate, class, honesty, unless you would have picked up and politely told him and that you didnt want any more corespondance with him. some guys sort of grow up without much example from thier elders and they dont realize how thier actions effect others perseption of them. He probably is shaking his head thinking what a wierd woman, just shut me off with out an explanation.
 arcticdude
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:33:22 AM
I'm thyinking not enough planning or communication went into these date 'fragments'. I think you both should have waited till he had a babysitter, and there was more time to talk, and you were not tired. Talk about setting things up to fail! That aside, If I had had enough online exchange with someone to decide a face to face meeting was in order I'd be more interested in just talking and checking out the chemistry/conversation style...I'd bring money, but that's just habit...I wouldn't be expecting to 'need' money if we hadn't made explicit plans to eat or go to a show or something...
I like movies...but on a first or second date? I'd be more interested in seeing if a nice relaxed two way conversation was possible. I can see a movie anytime by myself!
I think, mostly, neither of you guys had the skills to put together a successful dating scenario...But the 20 minute phone call thing was just rude. If you didn't capture his attention enough to compete with the phone, and he didn't capture your interest enough to overcome that rudeness...then I guess there wasn't enough chemistry to overcome everyday life occurences! You got your answer!
 individuation
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:04:44 PM
i agree that he is cheap. believe me i used to put up wtih a man that got for me for usingi too much toiolet paper when it was the thin type anyway and took me to taco bell and wanted me to pay part.....and did not have coffee or milk...this was a man with a masters degree too, and would buy himself nice things such as $300 paintings, he had a professional job too for the government..but very cheap and not thoughtful. so i give up...now on pof if the guy cannot take me on a date i will not go and i say it like that....do not try and meet me in the safway parking lot. yes one guy on pof tried this last night..i said no i want a date, then he said arby's and i still said no.

i am tired of being too nice and let me tell you just how nice i have been. that cheap ex was 80 miles each way away..i would drive each weekend. i had to fix my car of $1900 in repairs, i never asked him for anything, no gas, no food, i paid for dates...and yes it is my fault. i tried to be in a relationshp for the sake of "being in a relationship" and that is stupid..so here i am still just looking for the right man. i am no gold digger. not at all. i work fulltime and study fulltime, and i am just a worker, make under $25,000 per year. that is it
 arcticdude
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:40:30 PM
Wow, individuation, That last posting was all about money and nothing about chemistry or politeness (...well, except for 'politeness' as it refers to money)...wow...
Money money money...interesting approach! Good luck with that!
 windypace2600
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:10:47 PM
Well, a guy bringing his kid on the first date would definitely have me raising my eyebrows...

Nobody... and I mean nobody gets to meet my kid for a LONG time... I'm talking at least 6 months... specifically because she is special, the love and light of my life... and only a really special person would ever get to meet her.

As for the being late... I would probably excuse that... I know as a single mom how hard it is to stay on a schedule... believe me... decent explaination would have sufficed there... however, I would expect some sort of explaination...

The phone thing... hmmmmm... I would have said something... perhaps like... "Excuse me but if you have other things you need to be doing... I can leave." :)

As for the money thing... I don't need a man with money... I take care of me and mine just fine... but... and this is a very BIG but... I won't take care of a man... I do expect a man I date to be able to take care of himself.
 One4Me?
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:22:35 AM
I would have to agree with David on this on, although this gent was obviously short on date etiquette you should have taken a moment to "nicely", lol explain what he had done wrong!! etc..maybe he could clue in to one of the reasons HE is single? and at least some of your exasparation would be eliminated....might I add that I thought it odd he brought along his child to his first date... I always think it best to keep all the chilibeans out of the dating game until something is established between 2 people.. just my opinion.
 KrisNAz
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/5/2009 5:27:36 PM
I am laughing my butt off,, first date you meet at McDonalds? Then you two go to Taco Bell? Then he doesn't bring any m0ney, along with him being late all of the time? You have alot more patience than me,, I think McD's would of been a little bit of a turn off. This guy is not only cheap but not a good dater-good grief. But sadly, I think it's obvious he doesn't have alot of money due to being a single dad and thats ok as long as you understand that. But fast-food restaraunt is not a good idea for a first date, sheesh.
I don't think you're wrong to write him off though because he is inconsiderate and making no effort here.
 astredan
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:59:42 AM
Can you say "LOSER" if an idiot is that dump to bring his or her child on a first date that should tell you something bigtime, If the person is late 3 for 3 when you just met him, that should tell you he will be even later or a no show later in the relationship, if your dates consists of Mcdonalds and Toca Bell and just sitting in a parking lot tells you he has "no money" to do anything, "a shitty paying job" or is garnished for back child support. THE LEAST HE COULD OF DONE IS BRING A "2 CAN DINE FOR $8.99 COUPON. The guy is a loser, you should not need an opinion, he has a 2 year old child and he is already single and doing the child support thing I'm assuming. Maybe he did that to the Child's mom and she dumped his ass. SUCKS TO BE HIM lots of baggage free people out there. Those first 3 dates will tell you the most. I agree with Dave about one thing "YOU DUMPED HIS ASS ON THE DRIVEWAY AND YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS OR HOW TO DATE. HIS MOTHER AND FATHER SHOULD OF DONE THAT. LIKE YOU SAY YOUR TIME IS VALUABLE. Just my 2 cents, Best of luck. Dan
 moonlit09
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:06:47 AM
loose this why are you holding on the this person-
 goodoleboy72
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:20:50 AM
This guy did 3 things wrong

1 had his lil one with him ... thats just wrong on so many levels
2went to McD's ... the only date I take there is my lil one
3showed up late

there's a reason baseball has the 3 strikes and your out rule
 RidTransFat
Msg: 145
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:32:10 AM

Posted: 10/3/2008 733 PM
I met this guy on POF in person last Friday. Friday night we decided to meet at McDonalds... he brought his two year old son. He was 10 minutes late (but... in his defense, he did call on his way and tell me). We sat and talked and I thought everything went well - though now looking back on it - all that happened was he attempted to entertain us by getting his 2 year old to say cute things.

After night #1... he called me... and asked if I wanted to get together night #2 (the very next night). I agreed.... This didn't work out between our schedules too well but we still managed to meet at Taco Bell around 9:00 that night. He was 10 minutes late. This time he didn't call. We sat in the parking and talked for about 30 minutes or so. I was tired - so we left.

He called on his way home and asked me if I wanted to get together night #3 (the next night... Sunday). So ... I met him at Central Park. We were to meet at 6:00. He pulled up at 6:20 or so. Late again! But this time he had a babysitter. By this time, I'm seeing a pattern.

Here's where I really need your opinion.......

I think it's enough that he was late 3 times (my time is important too). But... not only was he late all 3 times.... when he met me night #3, he showed up with NO MONEY (Strike 1 for the night). He asked what I wanted to do - I suggested a movie... he said he'd have to go to the ATM (as it if was really causing him grief to do so). So we went driving around. I had just gotten off work so I was hungry. I asked if he wanted to get something to eat... He said he had already eaten. (Strike 2 for the night) What did he plan to do?

So I got something to eat (paid for it myself) Strike 3. But decided to give him a "next at bat". The evening went pretty well but we basically did nothing but sit in the park and talk. Then he wanted to go by the river... I said I'd just follow him because it was closer to his house... and I would just drive on home afterwards. We get there and he's on the cell phone. 20 minutes later... HE IS STILL ON THE CELL PHONE!!!! So I started my car and started backing up. He was in disbelief that I was leaving.

Please tell me why he, for even one minute, thought that would be ok to talk on the cell phone for 20 minutes????

He called me that night - I didn't answer. He called 3 times the next day. I didn't answer. I'm done. Am I wrong?
WOW! You're a helluva lot more nicer than I am. If I decided to meet someone *clears throat* at McDonalds and he brought hs child with him without even telling me that would have been the last time I'd ever see him again.

Either I'm a total ****, or you need self-confidence, because I think you deserve to be treated better in all these instances. Then again, I can be a ****, but I still believe you deserve to be treated better.
 Diva77
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/13/2009 3:04:10 AM
Seems like he's hiding something. Why always meeting at cheap fast food places? Possible he's got a wife or girlfriend at home? I'd say you gave him enough chances.

Next time... pick a coffee shop for coffee, like Starbucks or Second Cup. Just so much better than McD's.
 R.I.Guy
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/14/2009 8:24:26 AM
You are 100% right. First off, I would never take a girl to a fast food place on a first date. It seems obvious to me, either he's broke, or he's a cheap **stard. Either way, you should have left. If this guy did shit like this on a first date, imagine how he would be after he got to know you and was comfortable. You must be the most tolerable woman in America. This guy clearly doesn't have an ounce of class. If you want to talk sent me a message.
 barbee1970
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/14/2009 10:27:22 AM
I would have left, too. Sure he's not trying to hide something, like a wife or a girlfriend?
 rayse
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/14/2009 11:00:17 AM
after reading some posts and the OP...

I would have left, too. Sure he's not trying to hide something, like a wife or a girlfriend?
my suspicions were along these lines too. things that make you go 'hmmm'.

but besides all that, i really feel badly for his kid. sad.
 nevadajay
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 11:14:54 AM
Only mistake you made was that you stayed around for that long. Move on!! He's not for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....