Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 baraboom
Msg: 151
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
THE FISH STINKS, THROW IT BACK IN THE SEWER!!!
 Angela_April
Msg: 152
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....
Posted: 2/14/2009 2:08:39 PM
Oh dear what a disaster! No, you are absolutely not wrong. What a waste of your time; he was so rude! I think you were more than patient but, come on, if he's going to treat you so badly in the first dates, what would he be like long term.
 footballmom77
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 2:17:26 PM
No, you are not wrong. You know what you want and this guy doesn't seem compatible. No harm in that, that's why it's called dating. One of my girls just told me "you have to go through a few frogs before you get to the prince,,,,," - I like that analogy.
 prof48
Msg: 154
Posted: 2/14/2009 6:43:07 PM

You're right - at the very least I guess I could send him a quick message... but I don't owe him anything. I probably should have done that. But, now it's been 5 days since his last phone call (I'm so thankful) and I'd really hate to stir things up again.

No need to. If he can't figure it out he has an IQ well below what would be acceptable. Even if he had an emergency that required his using his cell phone he could while on the cell phone inform you that he would not be available and let you go. Now some people don't have a good sense of time. He sounds like one of them. But if time is important to you, as it is to me, you should not have to tolerate the hurry up and wait syndrome.
 honey_babes
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/15/2009 1:40:16 AM
YOU are absolutely RIGHT for not picking up his calls. Never settle for less, what a loser!
 canadianguy976
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/12/2009 4:59:49 PM

Written in original post:
I asked if he wanted to get something to eat... He said he had already eaten. (Strike 2 for the night) What did he plan to do? So I got something to eat (paid for it myself) Strike 3.

The guy has a kid and he's chronically late, usually kids dawdle. There is a way to be on time with kids but its not always easy. 20 minutes and no phonecall is too much. 10 minutes is nothing; I've dated women who were 25 minutes late with no phone call because they were having a bad hair day. To each their own, if you want him to be prompt tell him so, otherwise, move on to the next guy.

Although your Strike 3 I think is totally out of whack. You complained that Strike 1 he didnt show up with any cash on him, he had to go to the ATM to get some, I think that's out of whack. He wasnt hungry and you had to go get something for yourself and pay for your own food (gasp), I think that's a bogus Strike, your Strike 2 was that he didn't want to go to a movie and didn't want to go grab up a bunch of cash so he would be flush to hang out with you?

Sorry for the wake up call, but the man is a single dad, working and looking after his kid. He had to pay the babysitter that night that he got one, and he had already eaten but you were hungry.

You may be a nice person or may not be, but from the read of your criteria for a man it sounds like you want a man who will take you out and spend all of his money, and be there on time for the privelege chop chop, for god sakes. The guy seems from your description to be a bit disorganized and maybe doesn't have the best choice in locations for you, maybe it's not meant to be but you seem to be all about someone else's money.

Perhaps you will have better luck with dates if you go to the ATM YOURSELF before the date and maybe offer to pay for something for the guy for a change, the dates you have will go more to your liking. "You ate already? Well I'm hungry, why don't we go to a little restaurant and I'll share an appetizer with you while I eat dinner, my treat; I'm the one who's hungry. No dont worry about the ATM, lets just go tt Joes Diner down the street from here."

If I had a girl sneer at me because she was hungry and wanted a quick bite but I wouldn't foot the bill, I'd say it was getting late and that I had to go, and try to cut back on the babysitter expense because I'd just wasted my money on that babysitter. I dont have kids but I've lived with girlfriends with kids, and it's hard enough to get a babysitter let alone afford it sometimes when you have all these expenses.

Yikes. They should have a category on POF, under "Looking for" called "Someone to buy stuff for me" and you should be the trial run for it.
 littlespark30
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 5:20:37 PM
Move on. he doesn't respect your time. he's not worth a minute of your time.
 DazzyB
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:04:45 AM
This guy really sounds like a selfish jerk in nature. I think that by date #3 his true colours (british spelling lol) were coming out. Especially the mobile phone call part, so no, I don't think you were wrong what-so-ever.
 Valentinne
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 1:41:20 PM
Honey, you did the right thing. Do not even let it let you lose one wink of sleep. Never pick the phone up for him again.
 wastingtyme
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:49:43 PM
The original post is very old, but if the OP is still around I just need to ask: What made you pick him in the first place. I know it is not answering the question but you got penty of answers already.
 SassyMa09
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:14:23 PM
No no no, you should have left right after you ate your dinner ....
 Thissweetyis4u
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/14/2009 4:56:07 PM
I'm with her. I could maybe understand meeting in McD's. With his son though? Why not suggest a daycare center so the focus could totally be somewhere other than on you his date? lol and 2nd at Taco Bell. Well since he's broke, glad he picked places with Dollar menus.
Be glad you dropped him. He was rude anyway you shake it
 Mermaid-213
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/14/2009 6:24:45 PM
You can do so much better. Trust me on this one. With age, comes wisdom.
There is lot of great guys out there ( where oh where art thou Romeo !!!).
Three strikes and you are so OUT !!! Good motto to live by.
MM
 bebe_doll
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/14/2009 11:12:11 PM
I think your first mistake was not letting him know that you were annoyed at the fact that he was late 3 times. Perhaps he thought your silence meant it was ok to be late. As for the cell phone call... that's just downright RUDE!! I'd be like "TALK TO YOU NEVER LOSER!" :)
 irelaxu
Msg: 165
Posted: 3/15/2009 7:37:22 AM
Money issues aside....the guy has a lack of respect for you and for himself. Hence, always being late and taking quality time from you to talk on his cell phone (unless he's a doctor and was giving tips on how to save someone's life...but I digress...)

And you know what, just by the mere fact that you posted this and wanted us to reply: You already know you aren't into him. Why even bother with the commentary? Move on.
 Larkheart
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/15/2009 9:35:10 AM
I dunno, McDonalds for the first date would have been the dealbreaker...lol! Forget all the rest of the stuff you mentioned.
 blooming64
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/16/2009 3:48:44 PM
Write it off and stop feeling guilty. You didn't owe this guy anything after he treated you so disrespectfully. Why should you have told him why you were leaving? You waited 20 minutes!!! If the guy can't even have a minimum of consideration on any of your dates why are you worrying about him? I am more worried about you and what your feelings indicate about your self esteem. You deserve better and don't forget it!
 mrhumble
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/16/2009 3:59:13 PM
I was in defense mode for him too up until the cell phone issue came up....lol
I would say no Ur not wrong but at the same time if it was the babysitter or something then U should give him a pass. Then again he should have put them on hold and told U who it was to make U feel like Ur just sitting there waiting on him.

I have children and sometimes sitter can be dumb about the simplest things. With that said communication is key.... Good luck to the next one around.
 Sepia777
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/16/2009 4:12:25 PM
ugh..for the love of all that is holy -- stay the ** away from mikkie dees!!! ..
It's cursed ( and tacky ).. and seems to draw the worse guttersnipes like your deadbeat time-challenged date..
So far on this site I have seen the most horrendously awful dates emanate from a " first meets at mickkie dees"....
you'd be better off meeting him in a swampy wooded area.. LMFAO

were you wrong? um.... is this a facetious question?
 JimiDExploder
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/16/2009 5:14:23 PM
Wow... you're totally wrong. This guys a keeper! McDonalds, Taco Bell, a deep conversation in a car park... what more could a woman want? Is this honestly acceptable behaviour for a date? Are you joking?
 SmartAss1970
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/16/2009 8:53:10 PM
This took you three dates to figure out.. aww.. no, you're not wrong.
- If the guy is late, especially constantly, he has no respect for you.
- If his preferred venue is a fast food place... he has no standards
- If his reaction to you asking if he wants to eat is that HE has eaten, again, no respect for you.
- No money, acts as if its an issue to get some... come on... why is this guy even getting dates to go on???

- SA.
 MichaelInMV
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:01:28 AM
Taco Bell? McDonald's? Man! I'm spending way too much money!
 SHLLLYB
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/17/2009 8:05:01 AM
Hello..I will not tell you if you were right or wrong but I will tell you this...

There is no reason to put up with anything in your life that you do not feel is acceptable. You also have to let someone know that these things are unacceptable or they will never be able to realize what they are doing. Good luck next time.
 ttowngirl
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:48:49 PM
the guy is a mooch he expects to have the ladies pay his way , watch out for those types
 LEEANN2439
Msg: 175
Posted: 3/19/2009 11:56:35 PM
he's married wife was working he went and took his son, he was upset when he had to get money out of atm cause would have to explain to wife why he got money out of their joint account and for being on phone for 20 minutes wife wanted something fro store and he was gone to long. happened to me on here guy wanted to date only durning the day and he would call all the time durning day and never after 6pm so one day i called after 6pm wife picked up phone
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....