Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 corinnethewriter
Msg: 16
Is it possible to ever date again... being a single woman with 8 children? (Only two are at home)Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am a single parent myself. I guess I never really looked at it from the aspect of a guy wanting an instant family because I have the assumption that anybody who wants to talk to me has to accept my child. True enough, it's a little easier to do if there's just one of them. But, if you find someone who loves you for you and wants what you want, your family will be welcomed.

Personally, my main concern is not whether or not a man will be turned off by the fact that I have a child. My main concern is should this person even be around my child? I had a date today but won't go because I have no one to keep my child. I just don't think that I should be bringing people I date around her.
 dkmh51
Msg: 20
Is it possible to ever date again... being a single woman with 8 children? (Only two are at home)
Posted: 10/31/2008 8:53:22 PM
As a single dad I can appreciate the situation you face trying to date and having so many kids. Your comments about the importance of kids and family is encouraging. I also agree with the post that indicated men may have a lack of confidence in your decision making ability. As a means of constructive criticism not judging you at all, I read your profile and immediately noticed your indulgence in alcohol more than 3 times a week. My ex is an alcoholic and hasn't seen our daughter in years. You may find it easier to make good decisions and meet quality people by loosing the dependence on alcohol and focusing on the many positives in your life and those you have to offer someone. As the old saying goes accentuate the positive. I also found it a big help for me to establish new relationships with people that had what I wanted, instead of those who like me talked aobut what I wanted and never did anything to achieve it.

Good luck and God Bless.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >