Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 si-denada
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Is too much of a choice making us spoiled?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well byjaysus I'm definitely not spoilt for choice where I'm at...in fact I'm considering diversifying very soon.

You city gals just don't know you're living! You really should try a little country dating now and again.

I went off to the matchmaker weekend in Lisdoonvarna in County Clare (I'll be lynched if that's the wrong county) with a single female friend. Apparently the ratio is 4:1 in favour of females in the west of Ireland; that's four men to every woman. We really had set our sights high...how could we not get someone.

Well, it was fun, which is paramount to me, but my single friend was seriously looking for a partner. After dancing a while, chatting to a few and eyeing up the 'talent'...what a disaster...one man's wig was sliding to the side under the extreme heat in the place, another could hardly string a coherent sentence together, another wanted us to take him back to our room for a threesome....well my friend isn't too attractive...well not to me anyhow, and she washes her hands too often and has a phobia about anything with hair on it.

To cut a long story short we got absolutely no-one out of about 200 eligible bachelors.
In fact I broke out into song a few times with...I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key...

I'm going to give up very soon...

Edit: Hey Fudge...lovely to see you back...good women can't be silenced, you're my Mary Wollenstonecraft
 si-denada
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Is too much of a choice making us spoiled?
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:52:51 PM
"That's where you and your mate made your mistake, you should have sang the immortal lines from Christy Moore's song "Finnegan's Ball" ...."I stepped in and she stepped out again...she stepped in and I stepped out again" or his Lisdoonvarna song - "Lisss doon ...liss doon..lissss doon varna ....liss doon ..liss doon ...liss doon varna!!!" "
The Irishwasherwoman...Wicaphi

Well you see we had too many wine to sing anything, though I'm sure his wig was lob-sided. Anyhow, ever go there Miss Bray?

Ahhhhh, look there's JonnieJon/JonnieBond above me...I bet you're wishing a few would rush into marriage around here so you can make a mint out of filing their divorces!!!
 si-denada
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:07:21 PM
I stayed in Westport last year, now I'm certain that's in Connemara or pretty close, if not. Crikey I wouldn't have taken those 'single' men to a dog show... they were terribly ugly, and I'm not as shallow as I sound...but they were brutal.

I would need a pick at my thing to date any of them...I suppose that's why they're single. Sorry Miss Bray, I have nothing against the Southern Irishmen, but those single men on the West are single for a reason...brutal!

I wouldn't inflict those guys on any foreigners, it would be cruel to say the least.
 si-denada
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:33:31 PM
"It's a rare farmer who doesn't have a degree in Agriculture in this country."

You may well be correct, but I've been vacationing in the West of Ireland for the past 20 odd years, and I'm being very truthful...most of them are just brut ugly. They may have lovely personalities, and I concede, yes some are really lovely to spend the evening with...drinking and playing pool, but the majority were at the back of the queue when good looks were handed out. This sounds extremely shallow of me, but I need something to attract me, just like most women.

And yes Alma, Ireland is very beautiful there is no place on earth which could rival it, and I've been all over the world. You should visit sometime.
 Loose_end
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:08:37 PM

Anyway.. back to the topic: I wonder if anyone is reconsidering their search methods ?

Yes, i change search methods all the time, recently i checked out smoking Women between the ages of 18 and 19. I wanted to read loads of txt speak, banging chat and people who talk like 'dis' who's hobbies include "getting drunk" "boiz" and "clubbin" (not baby seal clubbing i hope) I thought it might help me recapture my youth, I soon realised that i like my youth firmly in the past.

Then i checked out Women over 60 who smoke and list their hobbies as "keeping money saved" "owning their own home" and "running marathons as fast as i can" And while i certainly connected more with this age group principally because i could actually understand what they had typed, it also dawned on me that my shallowness lie somewhere between the depths of the Titanic and Davey Jones locker. (Yes i know talking shallowness in terms of extreme depth is almost non sequitur, but i dont care)

So i think i'll just stick to my tried and trusted search of a (hopeful) smoking Woman between the age of 28 and 50

Kid in a candy store mentality.............you better believe it! Women are sexy! they have bits on them that i dont have! and they can do cool things with foetus'.
 Talk4England
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 2:54:49 AM
Perhaps just take a large mirror out to coffee instead.
Save yourself and those men from wasting time.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >