Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Scientists at Princeton University, et. al. prove ESP and telekinesis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Scientists at Princeton University, et. al. prove ESP and telekinesis are real, measurable phenomenaPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Let's not forget to teach them about the perils of sailing off the edge of the Earth, the existence of an omnipotent teapot orbiting somewhere between here and Saturn, and of course the well known fact that the moon is made of cheese. Teach them everything that is so well-supported by evidence.
 webweebil
Msg: 47
view profile
History
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Scientists at Princeton University, et. al. prove ESP and telekinesis are real, measurable phenomena
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:48:32 PM
Of course you did. You also knew I and many others would doubt that. Being the thoroughly cross-trained scientist you are, you provided the proof in a simple and effective way. You posted your prediction somewhere else, where there's a time stamp on the posts. Want to give us the link?
 webweebil
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Scientists at Princeton University, et. al. prove ESP and telekinesis are real, measurable phenomena
Posted: 10/29/2008 9:37:19 PM
Is it a pre-requisite to have no sense of humor in order to be a "thoroughly cross-trained scientist?"
 The onus is on you
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:32:49 AM

Is it a pre-requisite to have no sense of humor in order to be a "thoroughly cross-trained scientist?"

Gawwwd It sure seems so, but fortunetly not with all of them.

An amazing thing that happens here on POF. There are authorities on any and every subject imaginable - and many of these authorities hollar self rightous indignation if one even so much as questions their almighty fanaticism.

Now SCIENCE in its many forms has been and still is a wonderful tool, but a tool none the less - therefore if we take for example an astronomer as he views the midnight sky. His vision would be limited by the abilities of his tools. Initially our little star gazer had only a pair of binoculars, but eventually as he stretched the limits of his IMAGINATION he began to develop the tools to see further into the great void until he has reached the point where he resides to this day. In this example let us say the Hubble telescope. Still our devout astronomer knows that even though his technology is wonderful it still has its limits and that there is so much more to know and learn.

The bottom line, If you want to get an honest answer you need to talk to someone who works in the field and knows the limits of their knowledge. If you talk to many of our armchair scientists her on POF you'll note an aire of authority and self rightousness when they offer their proclamations of absolutes.

So as for staying on task or on thread as it were. I would like to see the journal article this thread "must" be refering to.
I would then be able to discern from my own vast stores of knowledge and offer up mine own undoubtable pontifications
 desertrhino
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 7:28:01 AM

The bottom line, If you want to get an honest answer you need to talk to someone who works in the field and knows the limits of their knowledge.

They don't listen to people who work in the field under discussion, either. Look to the discussion on the Yonaguni formation for examples. Just saying.
 nexthyme
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 7:55:21 AM

The bottom line, If you want to get an honest answer you need to talk to someone who works in the field and knows the limits

Some of us have been forunate enough (ya what a fortune) to have our bodies mutalated by well meaning drs, and illness. Thus we either shrivel up into whinners that hate the world, and all that exists, or we go internally to see what our MINDS can do.

Since we are a higher functioning creature all of these simple little task that are used among animals, (yes another debatable scientific realm) were once part of our own arsenal of tools to survive and exist with.

However we started using tools, and these "mind tools" became less funtional, simply because we stopped using them. However ask anyone that has lost their sight, hearing, et al, and they will tell you that other tools, such as more sensitive touch, or being able to see quicker than when they could hear kicks in.

As I said, I have had the time to work on things the brain can do, and it is amazing. It isn't magic or a parlor trick, it is just working with the brain to strengthen areas of the brain that have always existed.

It is ok for NAY SAYERS, because they haven't had the opportunity or desire to refine these skills, after all why would a person feel the need to if their body functions perfectly fine without them?

Am I an expert, oh hell no, just a noviced with more time on her hands than the average 40 something.
 webweebil
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 8:12:37 AM
A lot of "experts" have traded experiential knowledge (gnosis) for memorization (lower mental faculties.) They are great when you don't have a reference book or the internet handy to answer a question, but wisdom is sorely lacking. Some are not like that. I knew a quantum physicist/astronomer who was exceedingly independent of thought and he was a wonderful person to talk to, so there are exceptions. The ones I'm running into here at POF seem to be very defensive and full of hubris because of their "special" knowledge.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Scientists at Princeton University, et. al. prove ESP and telekinesis are real, measurable phenomena