Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Weekend ~      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 651
~St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Week ~Page 27 of 89    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
yay, Skip, glad they're finally letting you outta there, hope you're feeling better!!

Bay, wondered what happened to ya, glad to see you're not holed up in a worse place than Skip!

Fun was had last night, Jerry even got to do a solo dance
 kenharleyride
Msg: 652
~St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Week ~
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:23:52 PM
bunch of damn drunks lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 653
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:55:11 PM
Takes one, to know one?? :O)
 TheKidof72
Msg: 654
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:57:28 PM
Skip, if you find Saint Theresa, send her my way, I may need to take a few lessons from her. Even though I did meet up with Mother Teresa the other night........now if I learn from her I will be the dancing queen.

By the way, the convent sent me a letter the other day, I go back in for Saint training the last weekend of Feb. Hope they are ready for me this time and hope that they don't kick me out again. Unfortunatly it just happens to be the same weekend as the PBR.........wonder if anyone has ever got into trouble for sneaking out of a convent to go see cowboys????
 TheKidof72
Msg: 655
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:34:00 AM
They lied to you, I'm telling that you lied to you.......there is too a Saint Theresa , technically there are 8 Saint Theresa's but others aren't spelled the same as I spell mine. The main ones that most people know are Saint Teresa of Calcutta (mainly referred to as Mother Teresa), St Therese of Lisieux (most commonly referred to as Little Flower) and then there is the Saint Theresa of POF (most commonly known as the RHS )

****I am probaby going to hell for this post, but that is ok, I will see alot of friends there *****
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 656
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:39:58 AM
There is a new party posted for the night before SBS, so hopefully everyone will be recovering from it, somewhere....tis what I will be doing...watch it from home with a few peeps, potluck style, BYOB, etc. :O) OK...so I won't be watching the game, but I will have it on the tube! LOL

I am changing my hosting methods!! I will be doing these short notice, impromptu or "regular spot parties" as in demand....in lieu of the humongous Strat parties. Shell will continue with the Strat...and I may on occassion, including our last Strat gig together, in Feb.

But it's either eliminate some of the stress and the money spent on these gigs...or I will have to halt altogether. They were just starting to be too much stress...was spending money I don't have to spend...dealing with so many who had some sort of sense of entitlement...they were becoming to a point of not being FUN for ME, but more of a JOB...that I was not even paid for. LOL

These smaller, not as much notice ones...well, the venues are learning that we have a reputation for bringing a nice group, for being nice spenders and tippers, and now I will only work with the ones who offer us all GREAT DEALS to bring our business there. I think reputation is enough...so those places which want us to prove ourselves before they will offer something...won't get it.

So...if you have a GOOD SIZE place in mind that you would like to see us host a party at...drop me an email! (Or HOST IT!! lol) I will cover pretty much any Jeff Co, South Co areas....not set in stone, as I host Shady Jacks! LOL And if you thoroughly enjoyed a specific venue, then email me about that too....cause I would love to make some of the more popular places, regulars. I think we will definitely be going back to Bobby's Place soon...they were awesome and are prepared to offer us even better deals. Also, am wanting to try one at Meramec Jacks. :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 657
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:29:22 PM
Hey Skip (and anyone else wanting a Monday night out)...

My buddy Chuck who DJs at Bobby's Place, is DJing at Allendales Brewery in Kirkwood...awesome place...we all went there after the winery gig for a bit, remember? Anyway, he says they have $1 bottles, $2 wells, and $3 bombs tonight...perfect pricing and we already know the dude can DJ!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 658
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:49:06 PM
Well, I for one, am happy to hear you are not gonna go out then, Skip! I was worried about that! Thought you were half crazy instead of just a little bit! LOL

I rarely go out on a weeknight...and definitely not on a Monday after a wild and crazy weekend. LOL But if I were going anywhere, it would be Allendales!

Hi Randy! How are you, baby?
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 659
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:47:21 PM
well I signed up for Kat's gig at 5'o'clock somewhere in Barnhart..to check it out 'so to speak' LOL

but I'd be up for watching the Superbowl the next evening as long as we have some interest..

Skip ~ I had a blast last year at Hotshots on Manchester Road; they usually have their own specials or riddles to figure out for drink specials, but I just usually go for the atmosphere. Let me know what else is going on; I'd be interested.

Am looking forward to the karaoke/bday meet/greet on the 5th of Feb..gee I wonder why
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 660
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:54:47 PM
Ummm....because it is YOUR birthday?? Is there a prize??

Randy...cute analogy...or whatever it is called. LOL Low on the piglet! Me...same ole, same ole...to0 much of what I should not be doing, and not enough of what I should be?!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 661
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:29:23 PM
Hey Skip, if you need help with that Dining Out St Louis I will be more then happy to be a taste tester for you. Of course those that have seen me eat would know why I was laughing. This is the person that can't even eat 6 wings at Buffalo Wild Wings or a whole omlet at Denny's, hence the reason I just order 2 scrambled eggs now with toast.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 662
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:46:30 PM
Kid friendly?? Sorry...but I am one who is adamant about SINGLES EVENTS being SINGLES events, in which children not be exposed to a bunch of strangers from the internet. Ick.

Small groups of people you are already tight knit with...sure. But then it would not be posted here on the site.

Like the SuperParty idea, except for me personally, will be doing it from home...cheaper, more fun, more relaxed. :O)

These are just my humble opinions...but ones I thought I would broach in case they have not been considered.
 _Bree_
Msg: 663
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:28:41 PM
I most certainly agree with Kat on this one! I have met three men from this site. Only ONE was a normal person that I would ever have around my grown kids or my grandchild. The other two were just plain ole LOONEY and I couldn't get away from them fast enough! Your heart is in the right place for suggesting an idea like this one Skip but like Kat already said, small groups of people you are already tight with and KNOW are sane are better for kids.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 664
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:36:10 PM
I agree with the No Kids at the events, not because I don't have kids, but for the safety of the children. Since this is opened to everyone, and it is posted on the internet, you could have freaks coming and do you really want to expose your child to that. Not saying that the people on here that have been coming to the parties are freaks, but you never know for sure sometimes till it's too late. I have a little sister and there is no way I would bring her to one of these events. Some of my friends on here have met her when we got together with her kids last year, but I felt comfortable bringing her around them. I wouldn't feel comfortable with her at a party full of singles. Geez, there are times when I don't even feel comfortable at some of these parties, why would I put her through that.

And no Skip, I'm not a cheap date either..........I do like steak and seafood, and the last time I checked, they are not cheap. I don't do dates off of the McDonalds value meals!But now, the Taco Bell value meal after a night of drinking is a completely different story.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 665
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:07:32 PM
^^No cheap date, there! She just is smart...and takes home her leftover goodies for a second meal!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 666
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:07:45 PM
don't forget crab legs Theresa,
cheap date, yea right, well I guess when you care to bring along your own crackers for those crab legs

Yea i'd have to agree on the no kids thing, I mean if you wanna do a kid thing, do it with close friends and take them to the zoo or the Magic House or Six Flags even on a weekend, mid-week deal, but not the bar scene....or have a bbq at someone's place and make it family friendly like that..just some thoughts.

I'll co-host the Superbowl event with you, just let me know where!!
My that will be a busy weekend for me!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 667
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:55:22 PM
hey speaking of them crab leg crackers, I need to go back to Red Lobster or that place outside of BBB. I only have 3 sets of crackers and I need 1 more pair. No, I didn't steal them, 2 pairs just happen to drop into my coat pocket at Bottleneck one night and a friend put a pair in my to go box when we were leaving Red Lobster last year in case the weather turned bad and I got stuck in a snow drift in my car for days and days and that was the only thing I had to eat was my crab legs, he didn't want me to starve.
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 668
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:37:00 PM
I wanna chime in on the no kids thingy!! This is a singles sight for adults and we should keep the parties as such. Adults only!!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 669
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:42:26 PM
Skip, if you need any help for either of those two things that you are putting together, let me know!!

Also, to those pofster friends....I just got some news this morning that I have gallstones and have to go get a consulation from a surgeon on it. This is the same crap that sent me to the emergency room in October, I was getting an ultrasound for another doctor's appointment that I was going to have and then my doctor told me prior to getting medication for my sinus infection that I got again, blah. So keep me in your thoughts and prayers and stuff, i'll let you know more when i know it.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 670
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:52:11 AM
ok my opinion is that a 21 yr old is still a kid but i have seen a few of them at the parties and yes they are on pof so how can you make a party a non kid event? hell a 27 yr old is a kid too me but not too some.
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 671
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:16:52 AM
Russ dont go out in left field on us!! U darn well know what we r talking about when we say kids.

As per skips post! (There r places that r kid freindly because they have family restaraunts in them) Lets use some common sense here. Of course were not talking about 21 and over, they r considered adults.

U cant tell a 21 year old they cant go in if the law says they r old enuff.

Please let some common sense prevail!! Sheeeeeesh
 previouslyme
Msg: 672
Posted: 1/20/2009 7:29:23 AM
George... Smile for me!

Russ is just messin with the KID thing.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 673
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:30:42 AM
Man...some of us can be mighty offensive!

Look...for ME personally, I would have NEVER taken one of my children to a POF or singles gig, where you do not PERSONALLY know everyone. My "kids" are all 21 or older now, and they sometimes choose to come to one of momma's gigs and I am ok with that. They are ADULTS....still MY kids, but ADULTS, nonetheless.

Some think that just because you are in a public environment, it is "safe." And perhaps a family restaurant without a bar atmosphere, is kid friendly...but personally, I rather not explain to my children what exactly it is we are doing, and give THEM some false sense of security ab0ut meeting people off of the internet. I never wanted my children to be a statistic or on the news, thank you.

Now...if someone who is graciously offering to host...decides to do such...then that is their prerogative! I support the efforts...I just choose to not attend. Capice? ;O)

Skip...I LOVE the idea of the Ultimate Pizza place. Went there last year with my grandson and even mentioned to Shell that I thought it would be a BLAST to make it a POF (adult) gig. Thing is...I wanted to do the group, private thing...and that is a paid in advance thing...and unfortunately, there just are not enough fishies who will commit to something that cost money. :O(

Also am definitely gonna do City Museum soon!
 previouslyme
Msg: 674
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:35:05 AM
I posted this a few days ago.... but a reminder that Hillbilly Authority will be playing both Friday and Saturday night at a place called The Village Inn in Pontoon Beach Illinois just south of 270 off 111... Look at HAs web site!

I am on call this weekend, so minimal or no alcohol for me! Kind of fits in with my working out anyway, really haven't had much since the last Shady Jacks party in December.

Welcome new fishie curlyzrx! Great guy to meet! He will be attending something this weekend I bet!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 675
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:17:42 PM
LOL...Not offended, Skip...offensive. LOL Tis was a joke....not aimed at you, darling!

Me LOVES the idea of new hosts! That's my primary goal, actually...right below producing the kind of FUN that *I* like personally...is creating some more little host monsters! ;O)

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Weekend ~