Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Weekend ~      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 776
~St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Week Page 32 of 89    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
hope everyone had a great time in whatever venue they were at last night and I hope all remained safe on their way home and otherwise!! I was out with two fellow fishys last night and we had fun, danced a little, drank a little, you know the rest! LOL

Broadcasting a POF bash, now how cool would that be..and as far as optional goes, if you don't wanna participate, then don't, duh, kinda like if you don't wanna have your pic show up and be posted online, then don't pose for such!!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 777
~St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Week
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:16:00 AM
1 too many ..... what a douche bag, you come on here trying to start shiat, but alas, you look like the dumb arse that you are. So who cares if someone i fat, or whatever, it's not what's on the outside that makes a person, it's what is on the inside. I'm glad that you think people are fat, yay because that makes me heavier than what i am.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 778
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:38:03 AM
ok jmo but i for one dont care if a party gets broadcasted or not but i do want to know what events it will happen at so i can stay away.if i wanted to be on a web cast i would make a site of my own and make some killer money off of it
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 779
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:44:53 AM
I truly believe that 1 too many is one of those people on here that we all know. And im willing to bet they wont ever show their face because its someone with an alias profile.

People like that should not be taken seriously, its called computer bravery. They will never confront u face to face and i think its someone that have been to an event or two and we have seen face to face. But we will never know because its that kind of chicken sh!tness(is that a word? LOL) that gives people like that a thrill.

I just laugh when i see cowards like that, we all should. Randy dont let it get to ya man. I say it because it might be a male or it might be a female. We do know its a chicken sh!t tho. LOL

ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 780
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:51:22 AM
damn some of you ladies are fast i just got my first request to get nakie.....lmao.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 781
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:36:29 AM
LOL....yes, the camera adds poundage...but I thought "phat" was actually a COMPLIMENT?
 previouslyme
Msg: 782
Posted: 2/8/2009 2:20:50 PM
There was one fishie I know was objecting Thursday but was given such a hard time they relented. Peer pressure isn't fun.

The idea of area marked is a good idea.
 previouslyme
Msg: 783
Posted: 2/8/2009 2:54:02 PM
Anyone up for Wild Country one evening let me know. My schedule is open pretty much, my work outs are early and I am always going till about midnight even if I have to work.
 lovellyman123
Msg: 784
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:44:34 PM
I would like to know if anything is happening for valentine's day weekend. Or going on for febuary for that matter.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 785
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:38:24 AM
You are soo not going crazy, Lisa! LOL

Yes...I am working on a gig at Hazzards...just sent him another email and am awaiting his reply. They are getting a band, offered some superb specials, including domestic bottles and mixed drinks...NOT RAIL...but top shelf specials!

I also wrote my contact at Bobby's to see if they wanted to toss together a Valentines Day gig...but no answer yet. Been talking to a DJ about Fandangos as well, but when these people are not prompt about such....well, I lose interest. :O)

I may contact 5 O'Clock and ask them if I do not hear from anyone else, TODAY. I am just trying to ROTATE fairly. :)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 786
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:04:12 AM
Kat thnx for what u r doing, its much appreciated. Just want u to know that.

HarleyKat~
Msg: 787
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:50:42 AM

Awww...thank YOU, George! I know I soooo appreciate all of you who so faithfully attend and show the businesses that we are a rockin' group, as well!

And of course, we cannot forget ALL who host...whether it be regular (Rhonda, Randy, Skip, Denise, Theresa, Linda, Shell, Jai, etc...) or those who just host on occassion! Love you all! :O)
 previouslyme
Msg: 788
Posted: 2/9/2009 12:03:17 PM
Please go to the ideas forum for a future event and let me know your thoughts...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/11753409datingPostpage2.aspx
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 789
Posted: 2/9/2009 4:06:28 PM
LMAO...you know what is funny, Terri? I did not even KNOW they had a Fenton location! And my guess is, that is the one he is located at, cause when I mentioned the location being a little "too out there" he said he was only 5 minutes from the Strat! Soooo....duh oh! Wow...I woulda went to the wrong one! LOL

Well, I am waiting on replies from both he and Chuck from Bobby's. Chuck already said YEAH to a gig this Sat...but is supposed to get back with me on the specials. :)

Aw Katte! Too sweet! Sad that there are peeps as such. But it is ok...some people are just such sad little rascals who have nothing better to do than be angry at those they envy. *sigh*
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 790
Posted: 2/9/2009 5:02:12 PM
Fandango's would be cool, their separate room is non smoking until 10 pm and they have a bar in that same room as well; 3 pool tables and some dart boards; I didn't get a chance to ask my waitress for manager's name the other night..

Hazzard's (out 30west), is that the one? Been there once, not too bad of a place; have only been there that one time when a band played.

There's a mexican place out that way too (Dougherty Ferry) that may be an option; of course we'd have to have our own tunes for the dancing bit.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 791
Posted: 2/9/2009 5:55:42 PM
OK...the DIE CUPID DIE PARTY LINK is now up!!!!

About to add to my profile and send out a mass mail, as well...please do what you can to promote. :O)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 792
Valentine's Night, Another Option ~ Dates are Optional!!
Posted: 2/9/2009 7:37:08 PM
Hey all, if you're looking for something different to do for Valentine's Night and to check out another venue....come check out the

Jive & Wail
Dueling Piano Bar
7376 Manchester Road
Maplewood, MO 63143
Reservations: 314-781-7000

Reservations are recommended, I am not sure if reservations are for both dinner/entertainment or just for dinner. Please ask when calling.

To get there, map it!! There is a lot of construction going on so you may need to find another way to get there if something is shut down.

We may go, but not sure yet..we are checking into reservations to find out if for all night or part of the night! Will let you know as soon as I can!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 793
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:13:21 PM
The Jive & Wail Piano bar sounds like an awesome thing to check out! Especially for couples on Valentines...but alas...I am single...will stick with the DIE CUPID DIE, party!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 794
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:25:31 PM
dates are optional..Ms Kat..

you all enjoy the non sweetness of Valentines in your Die Cupid party and

the rest of those who enjoy the sweetness of things, can check out the other place...

perhaps those of us who have hooked up (on or off POF) and those who want something different for this special occasion for a first date or an anniversary of sorts
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 795
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:14:30 PM
speaking of that, how many parties of these have couples attended even if single events; just to hang with friends and dance the night away!!
and then we get chastised cause we're dating but we go anyway, to see our friends and catch up!!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 796
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:41:09 PM
I'm goin home this weekend and on sat night I'm going to hear a local band which I love and haven't heard in a while.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 797
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:03:34 AM
Whoah, Nellie! NO ONE chastised you for being in a relationship!

The theme to the party, Die, Cupid Die!! Valentine Massacre!...IS A JOKE. You know? As in HUMOR?

In fact, I can take the "holiday" or leave it. For ME personally, it is a GLORIOUS DAY that I celebrate...the anniversary of my DIVORCE! And THIS year will 19 years. It's my FREEDOM CELEBRATION. :) Freedom from a bad, stupid marriage. :)

To ME...a piano bar is ROMANTIC. Thus why I said it sounds like a GREAT place for couples, on Valentines Day.

Normally, I do not even host anything for this "holiday." But I received soooo many emails asking why I was not, and it was just time for a party, so I said fvck it...and set it up yesterday.

We all can have our own reasons for liking or disliking the holiday, you know. For me...it is over rated. Anything done on that day loses it's unique-ness and being special and becomes obligatory....for example...I have a friend who has received TWO marriage proposals on that date! Not ONE, but TWO! Kinda like they were killing two birds, with one stone. If you wanna give your honey something special....whether it be flowers, candy, cards, diamonds, or wear slutty lingerie...DO IT EVERY DAY or OTHER DAYS...don't wait for a day the calendar, Hallmark, and Russell Stovers dictates!
 whatever0001
Msg: 798
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:41:27 AM
Ok guys... If you are looking for a quiet, romantic spot to spend Valentine's day, Jive and Wail probably isn't it. It's a loud funny place where they sing silly songs and crude little dittys. Definitely not just for couples... ANYBODY can have a great time there, with or without a date.
Where ever you all go... just have a blast!!
 previouslyme
Msg: 799
Posted: 2/10/2009 7:07:01 AM
The piano bars I have been to are very rowdy, not romantic in general. But to each his/her own. I suppose if you buck up a good tip they will play something romantic for you, but the singer may edit the words and you never know what you are going to get. They are a blast!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 800
Posted: 2/10/2009 7:44:40 AM
I was talking about the other guys seeing me out while I was seeing someone else ~ as in if they'd all read my profile etc etc..I still go to the parties to see and hang with my friends.

This year I am still hanging with some friends and doing something different; I LOVE piano bars, enjoy the Big Bang immensely but never get to go; when Jai offered J & W I thought, let me talk to my guy and see what he says, I would love to go. I don't care if it will be LOUD and rowdy, heck I'm used to that by now, hanging with the POF group and my other friends! LOL

Valentine's is a big romantic day/night of the year and I know many folks who got married on that date (why ruin a good day?! especially if it doesn't work out ) Of course I have fun with all of my special days of the year, Valentine's, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, you get where I'm going here.....it's all about having fun with the folks you're with, your guy/gal, your friends, your family, whatever floats your boat

I believe you'll have a good turnout, Kat, for the area and I believe we'll have a good turnout as well. It's certainly not about competition, competing isn't always fun
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > St. Louis ~ What's Happening This Weekend ~