Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Being Thankful      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tweetiebird66
Msg: 26
Being ThankfulPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am thankful for being given a second chance at life...the right way...

I am thankful that I have learned to value myself now enough to let only positive, healthy people in my life...

I am thankful for the journey to realization that I have the power to create my own destiny...it has made me a more effective helper and a much happier person.

I am thankful for my health, and the health of those I love.

I am thankful for a wonderfully bright and thoughtful child.

And I am thankful about finally meeting the right guy for me and knowing without a doubt that it will last a lifetime...

(It's true...the only person you can change is yourself...stop looking for Mr. or Miss Perfect, they don't exist. )

I am thankful for Karma. It really does exist.

Thank you to a higher power for my many blessings. There have been times when the only thing I had was faith...and it let me float. Blessings may not be easy to attain...but then nothing worthwile ever is...
 Xavery
Msg: 27
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/8/2008 7:00:00 PM
- health - home - hounds - job - talents - relatives - friends and the sense that things are more or less the way they should be. I suppose you could call it inner peace. I am thankful that I can feel gratitude because it is one of the most wonderful feelings of all.
 K3VLAR
Msg: 28
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 5:26:01 PM
every year, I am thankful for being alive!!
I had a really bad mountain biking bail in oct 99 that almost took my life
every day since then, I have been thankful for just being able to walk again, and everything else that I am still able to do
 Dr_Evil*
Msg: 29
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 7:33:38 PM
every year, I am thankful for being alive!!

Cheers, Kev!

I too, am thankful to still be here.....for my Family.....and for all my good friends.

I love you all.

kozykate
Msg: 30
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 7:39:04 PM
Bella, xo
I'm thankful you started this thread
Knowing the wind DOES change
My friends
My extended family
Being able to finally take a step forward, even if it's only a small one
People that make me laugh
Here
 Bella™
Msg: 31
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:34:58 PM
^^^ KK, welcome to the Pond!

ot/

> to that other site for reuniting me with family n friends I haven't seen or talked to in ages
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 32
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:40:53 PM
yes , we have pof hosts in kamloops .......
 tattybaby
Msg: 33
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:01:09 PM
I am thankful everyday for the small things in life

I am thankful for my family (real and collected through the years)

I am thankful for whats left of my health

I am thankful for my sense of humor (helpful in the two above)

I am thankful that life has ups and downs, so I will enjoy the ups and remember the downs.

most of all I am thankful to be allowed to be on this interesting ride we call life
 XHTML
Msg: 34
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/10/2008 7:09:56 PM
In addition to my earlier post in this thread, I am thankful for, and in no particular order:

* electricity that lights my home, and makes my home comfortable, powers my devices and so much more.

* indoor plumbing and flush toilets

* thermostats for heating systems

* pain-relief medications, be they Tylenol or the more potent, to ease the pain I've endured.

* recorded music, the music that I might dance to, sway to, or just enjoy... I am not musically talented.

* radio, television and the Internet that makes the world smaller with news and knowledge.

* hugs

* photography, the wonderful invention that lets me enjoy the views of the planet and beyond that people share with me, and that lets me share my views with others

* high-definition television... wow

* the pleasure and intimacy of sex

* remote controls for the various devices that need to be controlled

* refrigeration to keep my food from spoiling so quickly and my beverages cold.

* milk!

* the telephone, the cordless telephone and cellular phone, which lets me keep in touch with loved ones, friends and clients, from near and far

* computers and the many enabling features I have come to love and depend on to enrich my life and earn a living. My handwriting is terrible but I can write legibly now too.

* humour - things that make me laugh and my sense of humour, that lets me and others enjoy life

* GPS navigation systems, chart plotters and depth sounders, so I know where my boat is on the ocean, and how deep the water is under and near me, and if there is anything of interest in the water.

* hockey, especially if not violent.

* and last but definitely not least, Plenty of Fish and the many fine fishy friends near and far that have come into my life.
 Xavery
Msg: 35
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/10/2008 7:33:58 PM
As Tiny Tim said, "God Bless us, everyone!" Happy Thanksgiving.
 stinkerpot
Msg: 36
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:27:25 PM
How did I go 3 days w/o noticing this thread from my snooky.

that I finally made it to PR to see my stinkerpot

I am thankful that you (and the rest of the crew) finally made it here too

My Rainbow Connection.. especially Splendid,Bella,Mb,and SweetSunshine & Stinkerpot because they have taught me i have "Balls" and how and when to use em...

Ditto to that and also to was SS said above about even being thankful for POF as I to met some of the most wonderful people here.

** That I am not as crazy as a lot of my friends
ummmm ya okay..........nooooo comment lol

I am thankful for my boys
My wonderful friends
My career
For being almost 2 yr cancer free
My home
The beautiful small city in which I live
For music and dance
and just sooooo much more.
 kasha111
Msg: 37
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:16:28 PM
Thank ful for:
Warm sunshine on upturned faces
The glow from a wonderful hug
Good health
The lovely buzz that comes from a cats' purr and the brush of their whiskers
Opportunity to live, love and learn
The first deep stretch after a long car ride
A profession that challenges me
Friends that rally for me when in need
The opportunity to return kindness and caring
Relaxing in a lovely hot tub

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone
 myhoney4u
Msg: 38
Being Thankful....very thankful
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:18:31 PM
I'm thankful that I have gotten my needs met when I needed , that I can give back when someone else is in need, I forgive and am forgiven...I love and I am loved...well okay my ex's cat's will still love me for a little while until I am replaced...ooops! already replaced...I am forgiving.........I am forgiving.........Oh forget it and have a good dinner. Ya!
 *Splendid*
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:32:24 PM
I'm thankful for the "man" I have become (though it wasn't always that way)
and for all the great influences in my world that have made me who I am today...

And that after almost half a century...the Girls still think I'm " Hawt "....

Love and gratitude to all my friends who are here and elsewhere...
 Bella™
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/12/2008 12:53:05 PM
For the 'man' that will be in my kitchen helping prepare dinner this Thanksgiving.

SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 41
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/12/2008 3:01:02 PM

"A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed .. and to be observed the second Monday in October"

Ah so it is Monday and not Sunday. I'm thankful for having that cleared up! :)

More generally, I'm thankful for just what they suggested there - that because I am from Canada, I was born with the privileges and possibilities to live the life I've led.

Perhaps perversely, I'm also thankful for having grown up relatively poor by Canadian standards and having had to work for what I got, because having survived to adulthood I find I cope with real problems way better than many richer people I grew up with.
 Bella™
Msg: 42
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/12/2009 12:18:22 PM
There have been ongoing challenges, and many changes, but overall, this year has been a year of answered prayers and dreams come true.

I am thankful ...

that my daughter safely realized a dream of hers this past summer, a dream she's had ever since she was a little girl

that my son is still in school, primarily due to the generosity of those who have nothing to gain but to see others realize their dreams

for the honour of standing beside a dear friend on the day she married the man of her dreams

that someone I care about is now cancer free

that for every door that closed, a window was opened

for good days .. and good memories

for all this October sunshine!

and last but never least, I always thankful for my children, my parents, my family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
 samadongshi2
Msg: 43
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/12/2009 8:24:22 PM
thankful for all the great friends that i have!!
thankful for the most awesomest summer travelling by boat to many destinations that i never heard of
thankful for the wonderful job that allows me to excell and seeing the smiles on the little faces
thankful that i have my health
thankful that i know when to cut my losses
thankful that i finally know when to keep my mouth shut and grown up somewhat!
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 44
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/12/2009 8:32:58 PM
Funny, I sat at the dinner table tonight, looked at my daughters, and said a silent prayer.
A good friend, teamate, recent father( 3 months) and great guy, died on Saturday night, hit by a driver making an illegal turn, sad how 4 wheels hitting 2 the 4 always wins.
I guess I'm thankful for the years I've had, and the ones I may still have, in the company of family and friends.
 PiggyT
Msg: 45
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/12/2009 8:37:24 PM
^^^ Condolences

I am Thankful that I have my family. They mean everything to me.
 Gstringer
Msg: 46
Being Thankful
Posted: 10/13/2009 6:05:06 AM
I am thankful that at my age my Peter Johnston works well and often without needing any boosters...

All I got to do is act naturally
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Being Thankful