Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 3
How Many Times Have You Said I Love You?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Love is a gift you give to someone else, the heart is only limited by our ownselves...there is no limit or quanity of amount in a lifetime you can love...but there is a difference between loving someone and being in love with them.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 4
How Many Times Have You Said I Love You?
Posted: 10/9/2008 1:12:07 AM
My parents, grandmother, sister and I always said "I love you" to each other whenever we left or went to bed. It was a normal occurance. My son was raised the same way. My daughter-in-law, raised in a very different and cold atmosphere, took years before she became comfortable saying "I love you " to me. If I said to her "I love you" she would say "Me, too". Now she is able to express her feelings after being a part of our family for almost 21 years.

My close friends and I tell each other "I love you" at the end of any conversation or when we leave one another. I never want the people I care about to wonder how I feel about them. Love for family and friends differ from the love you feel for a partner or spouse, but that doesn't make it any less a blessing.
 Unikshik
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:27:01 AM
I say I love you everyday to my close friends and members of my family!!!... No, to me saying the words "I Love You" it's not hard to say if you really, really feel it in your heart and mean it.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:41:31 AM
..." I love you"...three little words that are so over used in today's society. I say them when I actually feel the love.....they are reserved for family and very close friends. I've only had two loves in my life and they knew I loved them.... they heard the words, sometimes sleepily whispered or shouted from a top story window.

...maeflowers
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/9/2008 3:35:18 PM
I don't say if often, or easily. I only say if I mean it, it's not just another way to say bye-bye to family.

I DID have a roommate who told the pizza guy on the telephone, "I love you" [by accident]. Should she count that?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:14:29 PM

Nothing worse than hearing, "I love you???" asked as a question. That's got to be the worst.

...NO...the worst is when you say, " I love you"....and you feel the deafening silence as the words hang in the air.

...maeflowers
 nikinikaia
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:28:07 AM
No, I say I love you because it's who I am, not because of or in spite of my upbringing. I say what I feel and feel what I say. Simple.
 Dceeeee
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:30:16 PM
Why is it that some people think they should get an award for saying "I love you", but a few times? Yeah, I'm guilty of saying it too much...but what does it hurt? It makes someone else feel better, as well as myself...and if I say it, I mean it and it means I'll give it my all.

Why be 'stingy' with love?...especially at OUR ages. I've never regretted telling someone that I loved them. I'd rather say it and have no regrets.....than to NOT say it, and if something happens to them, having a hard time forgiving myself. The ones I've said it to, and the relationship didn't work out....well, it's not like it ever came back to haunt me...and even then, I never regretted that I told them how I felt at the time. The heart is a HUGE organ.....and it holds lots of love.

Like the saying goes....

"A bell's not a bell 'til you ring it - A song's not a song 'til you sing it - Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay - Love isn't love 'til you give it away!" - Oscar Hammerstein

~DC~
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:59:10 PM
Gosh, I hope by now *millions of times*!!

You can play the game and you can act out the part
Though you know it wasn't written for you
But tell me, how can you stand there with your broken heart
Ashamed of playing the fool
One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice
Oh, father and mother, sister and brother
If it feels nice, don't think twice

Just shower the people you love with love
Show them the way that you feel
Things are gonna work out fine if you only will
Shower the people you love with love
Show them the way you feel
Things are gonna be much better if you only will

You can run but you cannot hide
This is widely known
And what you plan to do with your foolish pride
When you're all by yourself alone
Once you tell somebody the way that you feel
You can feel it beginning to ease
I think its true what they say about the squeaky wheel
Always getting the grease.

Better to shower the people you love with love
Things are gonna be just fine if you only will
Things are gonna be much better if you only will

You'll feel better right away
Don't take much to do
Sell you pride
They say in every life
They say the rain must fall
Just like pouring rain
Make it rain
Make it rain
Love, love, love is sunshine.
Oh yes
Make it rain
Love, love, love is sunshine
Yeah, all right
Everybody, everybody

James Taylor, BTW
 Ron9
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/10/2008 2:57:06 PM
I say it to my old female dog all the time. She wags her tail.

When I say that to my cat - he either bites me or - gives me that "eat chit and die" look and walks off.
 ds444
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 5:06:02 PM
Many, many times. But only when it was true.

Since I have had the good fortune to have years with people in our home to say it to daily it was perhaps a bit easier than for some.
 try2bhappy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2008 12:03:24 AM
I have no idea the number of times, but I can name each individual that I have said it to. They are not just words to be taken lightly. Everytime I say them they come from the heart. They are like the NA term "miataki" which loosely translated means "you are now a piece of my heart".
 ankkka
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/13/2008 7:01:45 AM
Many times!But words without action are only words.
 Vannili
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2008 8:25:07 PM
I can easily say I love you to a romantic lover or to any one that I have a good rapport . It is a powerful word that it can touch even the hard inner core heart of a person. I filled my self with love means I love myself . When someone angered me , I say I love you ------ a 100 times or more until my anger dessipate and forgive the person, then I feel calm. The reason is not to play martir but it is for my health / Beauty and to love others is divine. I love you Beveann , I wish you the best of life, love ,and happiness. Vannili
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/20/2008 9:09:29 PM
Probably way more than I needed to, but at least I meant it... so I don't give it another thought.

Part of me thinks it loses meaning when said too often. Words are nice, of course, but I guess I'm more of an action-girl.
 Dceeeee
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:34:54 AM
^^^Very good post, Eastcoastlipps.....I totally agree....I truly feel sorry for those who hold off on expressing those three words. They can mean so much to many people...some who may not hear them otherwise. I, too, would never want to have to regret not saying them to people I care about, because I felt they weren't 'worthy'. (which is what some are saying when they say, "I have only said it to 2 people/3 people of the opposite sex"...how sad)....Like I said before, I have never regretted saying them to anyone, but could've had regrets had something happened to someone who I DIDN'T say it to. Don't be afraid to say it, but also don't be afraid to 'SHOW it'.

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

~DC~
 inetuse
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/9/2008 1:59:55 AM
Countless times to family and best friends(which are included in the family).
Once outside of that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >