Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loose_end
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives feePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Put it this way.

If someone is willing to pay you a shedload of cash for doing something, would you take it even if you didnt really need it?

Yes, yes of course you would

The real question here should be (as Grumpy hinted) Why would anyone offer Rod Stewart a million quid to perform?
 rodthemod
Msg: 29
Rod Stewart fans
Posted: 3/23/2009 2:46:53 PM
calling all rod stewart fans. there is a rod stewart convention on the 26th of february 2010 in blackpool at the norbreck hotel it is from the 26th to the 1st of march a long weekend monday to friday and you get to meet rod stewart sister there and fans from all over i have been to these conventions since 2002 as it is once a year and you make loads of friends and enjoy dancing to rod music and it is amazing. if you are interested in going email me and i will give you the information my email is stewarthooper286@hotmail.com
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:26:07 PM

I find the people who are a lover of Mr. Stewarts Music , also find the songs of Mick Jagger somewhat enjoyable too. ..

When he sang with the Faces, the sound had a wonderful loose, but really very well played Stonesy groove to it. I remember Maggie May being at No 1 on TOTP for weeks. In my opinion, his best records came from this era.

As for the waiving of the fee story, I'm not bothered really. Last years news..
 *november babee*
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:02:09 AM
well i know i dont work for free , as a rule, so why on earth should he..
if he wants-or wanted to as thei thread was a while ago - give his services to either a freind/family member or someone else as a gift then all well and good..

but if people are still willing to pay to listen to him, why shouldnt he still work and charge however much is the going rate for singers or his status..

i personally dont like him, but i dont suppose anyone would have queried it when he was starting out and only makeing a few quid per performance and living in the back of a tour bus for weeks on end playing dingy little clubs.. he is in some peoples mind a superstar.. i should imagine the likes of cher, tina turner, genesis etc would command a similar sum... his age and where he is from or not from is irrelavant, what is relevant is do you work for free..? and if your boss said your going to get 1,000,000 for doing your job, your gonna turn it down..? no..? why should he then...
 oggers
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:11:50 AM
I am sure that :

1) his fee is nothing like 1 million (as reportedby the press and we all believe everything we read in the newspapers, dont we ...? )
2) if he wants to waive his fee, he can do - it's no-ones business but his own
3) It will be a great show as long as he sticks to what he does best and doesnt try to do the crooner stuff ...
 rodthemod
Msg: 39
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 5/13/2009 3:49:26 AM
convention information in case you decide to come to the next convention the the 26th february 2010 for free nights here is the information im booked i cant wait to go.

it is at the norbreck hotel in blackpool the price in total is £134 per person for 3 nights and includes all your meals it is only £30 deposit and the rest doesent need to be paid untill 8 weeks before you go. phone this number 08712220031 select option 3 then you need to quote this number otherwise you will get charged more r3nb2502 thats the hotel then booked if you do that the hotel is £99 for the 3 nights then it is £35 for your 3 day party ticket now that you need to send a cheque for £35 to the organiser of the convention so i cant put his address here for public reasons but if you want to go then email me and i can give you his address to send the £35 for party tickets my email is stewarthooper286@hotmail.com i cant wait to go it is so much fun if you like rods music and talking to his sister and other fans you dont have to be a fan to go.
 rodthemod
Msg: 40
Rod Stewart convention
Posted: 3/9/2010 2:11:22 AM
the rod stewart convention was brilliant as it always is. i cant believe that my dad and my uncle now own a rod stewart jacket each actual jackets that rod has worn on stage its amazing they both entered the auction at the convention and won it in the auction my uncles went for £360 my dads went for £380 and now there getting them signed by the man him self amazing. i cant wait till the next convention in 2011 now.
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Rod Stewart waives fee
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:30:51 AM

So Rod Stewart, the Scottish lad turned pop star with a gravel voice and a face to match, has waived his ONE MILLION pound fee to play in front of Prince Charles as a treat for his birthday bash. With all the money he makes why does he need to charge such a fee anyway? Has he not got enough money now? at 63, you think he would have enough to retire quite happily on, (or maybe he has to pay all his ex wives 20% each!!)
What do you think of him charging such an astronomical fee for a performance? and anyone else for that matter....

Wow. I have so many issues with this story.

First of all, for Rod to "waive his fee as a birthday treat" for one of the world's richest men kinda defeats the object. Prince Charles wouldn't even miss the £1 million. If Rod wants to "treat" someone by waiving his performance fee, why not a worthy small local charity, perhaps?

Second, I have issues with any singer earning - or charging - those obscene fees, no matter how good they are. They're only singers, for Christ's sake. It's not like they do anything important, like deliver babies or perform life-saving operations, or rescue children from abusive homes.

I feel the same about footballers and other celebrity performers. That the least useful people in our society reap the greatest rewards proves how askew our priorities are.
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Rod Stewart waives fee
Posted: 3/9/2010 5:47:46 AM
Rod Stewart and Elton John and their kind lend their names only to high-end, high-profile, black-tie, £1,000-a-plate fundraising orgies of back-slapping, glad-handing and picture-posing for glossy mags -- with very little of the funds raised actually reaching the needy.

When was the last time one of these overindulged luvvies paid for new incubators in a local hospital's neonatal unit, sponsored a youth activity centre in an impoverished community, provided college grants to poor kids, paid to keep a struggling local library or petting zoo/farm open another year?

For seven years, my son attended a horse riding school for disabled riders. It's run entirely on donations, by big-hearted, civic-minded volunteers, and the good this centre does for these people is incalculable. Yet every year, they struggle to meet their annual costs. Where's Elton? Where's Rod? How much money to those big-heads need to survive comfortably in this world before they'll deign to share their good fortune with the needy in their midst?

As long as there is need in this world, there will be such thing as earning too much money. Countless worthy grassroots charities are going cap in hand because they're not high-profile enough for the attention-seeking Eltons, Hiltons, Stewarts and Beckhams of this world.
 musicmusicisthebest
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 4/7/2011 9:31:43 AM
what do you think of my rod stewart profile. those who like him that is ?
 Brutus_Maximus
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 4/7/2011 9:48:53 PM
maybe if people would buy music rather than steal it ( ie downloads file sharing)
then concert tickets & gigs plus P.As wouldnt cost so much !!!
 musicmusicisthebest
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 4/20/2011 11:38:27 PM
i am going to see him in concert twice this year once in newbury in may then at hyde park in june cant wait. rod is like a brother to me because i am friends with his sister mary. i have seen him 12 times in concert. i also travel the world to collect memorabilia of him thats how much of a fan i am. also i am named after him as my 1st name is stewart my middle name is rodney. i would love to meet that special woman to settle down with that shares the same interest in music as me i am into all other music as well as you can see all my cds in my picture but rod is my number 1 favourite. i go to a special convention of rod every year and love it so much would like special person to join me at these conventions.
 musicmusicisthebest
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Rod Stewart Waives fee
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:45:22 AM
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN GOING TO THE NEXT ROD STEWART CONVENTION IT IS IN WALSALL BIRMINGHAM ON THE 15TH MARCH 2013 TO THE 18TH MARCH 2013 3 NIGHTS IN THE HOTEL WITH BREAKFAST AND EVENING MEALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. AS USUAL ROD STEWARTS SISTER WILL BE THERE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS CONVENTION VISIT THIS WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE BIG WEEKEND. YOU DO NEED TO REGISTER TO VIEW IT REGESTRATION IS FREE OF CHARGE. THE WEBSITE IS www.rodstewartchronicle.com
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >