Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 warren_book
Msg: 24
Sour grapes....Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
What I find most sad of all is that Aesops fables, like sour grapes, and Prometheus' sacks, or even a lot of the shit in the bible, are still relevant.

That basically people never learn and keep doing the same thing, and teaching their kids the same thing that we had problems with in interacting with each other 2000 years ago.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Sour grapes....
Posted: 7/13/2011 7:41:28 PM
Don't get TOO bummed out about that, warren. After all, EVERY human actually has to start from ZERO. We don't inherit wisdom, we have to learn it from scratch. It's actually quite an accomplishment that there are as many of us who DO have real insights before we reach 90!!!
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 26
Sour grapes....
Posted: 7/13/2011 7:55:26 PM
If life gives you sour grapes -- make wine. We should not waste what God hath rot.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 27
Sour grapes....
Posted: 7/14/2011 11:15:00 AM
My sour grapes is a attractive educated guy who can speak on subjects other than sports and does not immediately ask me about my sexual desires and needs. I have kind of figure out that as they age they go through a second teenage hood where they are just sleeping with any and everyone who will say yes. AND asking about my sexual needs is more important and asking my name.
 *army mom*
Msg: 28
Sour grapes....
Posted: 7/14/2011 11:21:16 AM
This is just a little excerpt from my profile, but I think it's fitting:

"I believe if we all were a little more honest with ourselves about what we bring to a relationship and quit expecting our potential partners to fill in the gaps, there would be fewer people on here whining about being alone. Put down your magic mirrors and realize that your beer gut isn't going to attract a slim or athletic woman (and a beer gut doesn't make you "athletic"). If you're unemployed, don't expect a millionaire to beg you for a date. If your I.Q. is smaller than your shoe size, Einstein likely won't be interested. And those under-30 women really don't want to date anyone their dad's age. I live in reality, and believe the key to happiness is to be realistic. In other words, f you can't bring it to the table, don't expect someone else to. Seems pretty simple to me."

Sadly, the people who need to read this thread won't ...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >