Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Drull
Msg: 73
Death Metal and Dating... Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Those are just a few examples. There's plenty of bands out there demeaning women.
 Cam-W-M
Msg: 76
Death Metal and Dating...
Posted: 1/8/2009 12:19:34 PM
"But is there a reason why the majority of men and women who listen to Grindcore have to be such retards? It's almost like they act out to fit in more with their genre of music."

Yeah i agree to that. They are more trying to fit into metal, since grindcore has no place in such a spectacular genre of music.

or deathcore, mathcore, or any other "core" douche bags might think of.
 briargate
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:21:49 AM
Well, I have a lot of music that I listen to alone that I don't play for others. On very rare occasions I have played some Negativeland for friends as a joke, but I would only listen to that with my brother in general. I'm not putting on Skinny Puppy for anyone and I rarely play Type O Negative in mixed company. For road trips, I tone it down and play more indy band stuff with quirky lyrics and poppy beats. It doesn't evoke weirdness and keeps the group happy. When I'm feeling antisocial, I play other music.
 Philippe_
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 1:52:15 PM
Well in a way the idea of Death Metal is to be as brutal as possible, and therefore in a way the goal is to be as shocking and intense as possible. So I can understand why someone does not love the genre. And if someone who doesn't know the genre at all reads the lyrics or listens to it for the very first time, chances are that person will have a weird look on their face. I remember the first time I heard Napalm Death. :P

And how do you explain to someone who never heard Death Metal that your favorite song is I Cum Blood?! Many people who don't listen to metal enjoy music because it is kind of a reflection of their own lives. Can we say that about death metal fans?
 Davenro
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2010 1:55:54 PM
Quoting the OP.

those same women tend to look at me as if I were insane when they pop in one of my Burzum, Opeth, or Mayhem CD's.

I know it's an old topic, but since it's been threadnecromanced already; None of those three bands are death metal. Two are black metal and one is experimental prog with some death vocals thrown in, hardly a contender for being death metal.

I am a death metal fan; Misery Index, Vile, Iniquity, Krisiun, Vader, Bolt Thrower, Origin.. etc. (I picked excellent death metal bands with the least offensive band names, just for comparison). I haven't yet ha somebody pick up one of my CD's at random and stick it in the CD player.. before they get to that point they are well aware of the music I listen to. I'll put on something they might enjoy.

I have never had a problem dating because of the music I choose to listen to. I've been listening to rock and metal since I was 15, but I've never tried to force anybody else to listen to it, "convert" somebody to my way of thinking.. that's what religious cults do.

Most of the girls I have dated really wern't interested in metal, some were and some others gave it a listen. Those that showed an interest need to start gently, rock and alternative. Throwing somebody in at the deep end with the most aggresive album you can find, won't work. It just don't. Take a girl who's listened to pop music, RnB.. etc all her life and then throw Goreinhaled at her, there's a good chance she won't stick around. Even some of the easiest bands to listen to may be a shock to the system if they aren't accustomed to electric guitars and drums.

Anyhoo, that's my take on the subject. I've got enough music to cater for most.

Any girly metal fans on here, msg me.
 ML_Flail
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/21/2010 7:20:04 PM
"It's amazing how many metal dudes are absolute d1cks when it comes to discussing music. If it's not metal, it's sh1t. This is the general attitude I've seen from the majority of my fellow metalhead friends."

Find a roadie Metal Head, much more open minded musically.
But tend to not like the wall of mush sound...

:D
 AMediaReviews
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/27/2010 10:37:28 PM
try finding a girl into prog. It's nearly impossible.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Metal and Dating...
Posted: 6/15/2011 7:37:12 PM
I love Heavy Metal!! Sometimes I have to pop in the hair band metal just to hear it when with a date. But It's only Rock'N'Roll to ME!!
 Japedal
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/22/2011 4:16:35 PM
works for me....
 judijudijudi1
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2011 9:11:02 PM
Well Harrenhal.............
I personally am NOT a Death Metal fan............but the son of a friend of mine has put a couple of videos on YOUTUBE............ I think YOU would be interested!!!
As I stated I am not a FAN....but I watched all 15 minutes of " VEGAN DEATH METAL CHEF"
There ya goooooooo......... Incorporate a delicious recipe with YOUR music....
What do you think???????? He has had MILLIONS of hits....... let me know!!
I think it MAY help YOU!!!
RECIPES FOR HER....................... DEATH METAL FOR YOU !!!!
judi
 azula12
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/7/2011 10:58:14 PM
dude i find it the other way around..im extreamly into death metal and guys end up getting scared of me and literally running lolol..oo well
 worldtraveller74
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/9/2011 7:09:14 PM
Aaaand this is why my ex wife was european. She had good taste.
 cannibal_cupcake
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/10/2011 1:02:24 PM
seems almost every time
 lionbrian74
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:48:42 PM
I dream of finding a girl who is attractive and into death metal and though I've heard they exist in real life, I have yet to meet one. I prefer grindcore and brutal death vs the black metal bands you listed. To all the people who posted that you can compromise and make it work that is true but how awesome would it be to find someone who shares your love of extreme metal.
 Dittohead_213
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/21/2011 4:59:33 PM
As a metal fan who loves Slyer, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse, ect. (and being 310lbs. to boot) it's hard to attract a woman that is "normal". They assume that kinda music is for psychos and wierdos which is not true and you're not gonna change their point of view. I like to think" just because I love metal dosen't make me a wierdo, you are just a p***y."
 rayboy123
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/26/2011 12:36:37 AM
Thanks to metallica people can't download songs no more ha.
 Melas_Chasm
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/31/2011 5:33:28 PM
No, its just music..As for the occasional violent lyrics, you see worse on mtv and commercials these days. At least death metal involves instruments, gangster rap is just spewing gibberish into a microphone. If anything is corrupting the world, its rap...too many white boy wannabes out there, blech.

I've been into some of it, like cannibal corpse and deicide for 15 years now. Slayer is a local band, they do a lot of sponsorship and community outreach these days..They did a guitar-signing they sold and donated all the money to charity, how many gangster rappers you know do that?
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/2/2011 11:13:00 PM

Thanks to metallica people can't download songs no more ha.

seriously? are you new to the internet? is this your first day?

anyway......here's the deal chuckles. if you're a real hardcore metalhead, rapper, country geek..whatever....you're not finding a normal chick. deal with it. it's called "dating within your species". the guys that don't own 4 opeth shirts or 6 cowboy hats have a better chance at the "normal" chick because they don't own their gimmick. they pick the time and place for what's appropriate. you don't show up at a golf course for a tourny with a hoop in the middle of your nose. listen to your tunes when you're alone or with buddies that dig it.

if you want a "normal" chick, YOU NEED TO CHANGE!!

but why do you want a normal chick anyway?

good girls go to heaven.

bad girls bring a girlfriend.

k.w.
normal sucks
 tatleigh
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/4/2011 8:11:24 PM
. . . but putting babies in microwaves is funny.
 AzTattooedSean777
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:50:55 AM
while there are many lady friends of mine around the globe into extreme metal such as death metal, grind metal, and black metal as I witness them in person when I travel to Maryland Deathfest and Obscene extreme fest(czech republic) many times over the last many years, there aren't many in the nearby area. I would have to be in somewhat of a long distance relationship. Granted at my age, it is alittle easier to do that, it doesn't seem likely to find a nice semi sane woman into the heavier metal but with out the drama.
 tatleigh
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:08:24 PM
umm, . . my first lover was black and the singer of a metal band, his color didnt matter what did was who he was and still is. I got shit for it, and he ended up being a doush-bag. But I loved him, and he went on to "date" alot of girls.
thats like me crying because most guys think a female who likes metal is crazy (bad), fat, or ulgy soooo it's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time
 Carnal_Forge
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/17/2011 11:56:58 PM
Well,I'm a metal vocalist of 15+ years. I say just metal,because I've been in many different types of bands over the years. One of note and a few of you may know of them,is Arsis. I sang for them for about two years and not once out on tour did I meet a girl I really really liked that was a metal chick. Even outside of tour I never dated a girl that knows as much or is into the music as much as myself. Seriously,metal is a lifestyle or culture...but I've always ended up with the "normal" type of girl that thinks what I do is intriguing and respects it.However,she can't roll down the street in the ride getting down to Dissection SOTLB or Kreator,or even Nevermore. I dunno,it would be nice to share my love for music or metal with a worthy female dammit!
 everdreamovme
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/18/2011 3:56:08 PM
I don't know what you guys' problem is being a metal head and being single... especially you musicians. There's tons of chicks out there available who would love to hook up with one of you.

There's plenty of us ladies into black/death/thrash/grindcore/doom metal... as a matter of fact, not only am I into all that, I promote it! I have a website I started 10 yrs ago to help promote bands and I eventually started booking shows in Austin, designing flyers, doing concert photography, etc I have tons of friends and acquintances all over the place because I became a promoter. It was great great fun, and I am currently revamping my website and starting all over again. I had stopped for 3yrs because I went through a pretty bad breakup with my now exhusband who was a dm/bm drummer. I know and understand what it's like to be with a metalhead, believe me! It's nothing new to me.... my problem is that I personally wouldnt know h ow to go about striking up a conversation with a metal guy and hope it will lead to a date or something. Either I am not attractive to you metal guys, or from what I've been told I can be intimidating because of my being a promoter or something.... I can't figure it out.

Anyway, wishing all the best to you metal guys. Hope you find yourselves a good woman... and hopefully one day I'll snag myself a good man... who just happens to be just as brutal as the music he listens to.

cheers!
 Metal_Mike667
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/21/2011 10:53:09 PM
Im not much of a death metal person other than deicide, cannibal corpse, death, morbid angel and behemoth Im more of a thrash person. Slayer and Metallica speak for themselves
 Rukaspooka77
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/30/2011 9:01:26 AM
I'v played with so many metal bands in maine, currently playing bass for Ballistik. honestly, i'm a jack of all traids musician. i play everything. i dont beleave in lines or rules in music, it is either good or it sucks. i met some of the most hard core chicks in the last year, u got to find a metal chick, there out there and very die hard.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >