Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 everdreamovme
Msg: 176
Death Metal and Dating... Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I don't know what you guys' problem is being a metal head and being single... especially you musicians. There's tons of chicks out there available who would love to hook up with one of you.

There's plenty of us ladies into black/death/thrash/grindcore/doom metal... as a matter of fact, not only am I into all that, I promote it! I have a website I started 10 yrs ago to help promote bands and I eventually started booking shows in Austin, designing flyers, doing concert photography, etc I have tons of friends and acquintances all over the place because I became a promoter. It was great great fun, and I am currently revamping my website and starting all over again. I had stopped for 3yrs because I went through a pretty bad breakup with my now exhusband who was a dm/bm drummer. I know and understand what it's like to be with a metalhead, believe me! It's nothing new to me.... my problem is that I personally wouldnt know h ow to go about striking up a conversation with a metal guy and hope it will lead to a date or something. Either I am not attractive to you metal guys, or from what I've been told I can be intimidating because of my being a promoter or something.... I can't figure it out.

Anyway, wishing all the best to you metal guys. Hope you find yourselves a good woman... and hopefully one day I'll snag myself a good man... who just happens to be just as brutal as the music he listens to.

cheers!
 Metal_Mike667
Msg: 177
Death Metal and Dating...
Posted: 8/21/2011 10:53:09 PM
Im not much of a death metal person other than deicide, cannibal corpse, death, morbid angel and behemoth Im more of a thrash person. Slayer and Metallica speak for themselves
 DucDeRichleau
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/22/2011 2:35:37 PM
God,I remember back in the day (me with long hair,slimmer waistline etc etc) going back to a girls place after the pub/club (yes,it did happen to me a few times....) and as soon as you got into her bedroom (while she slipped the loo....) you'd go thru her vinyl collection to see what you had or didn't have.......
 ilovehowiecarr
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2011 5:55:49 PM
Saw opeth live once, they got booed off the stage. Couldn't have happened to a better band.

Maybe the fact that you think you're so much better than everyone is else is why you are having trouble finding anyone worthwhile.
 SKR34
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/23/2011 11:25:50 PM
Lol, it's a real pain man.....

I have converted a few of them, not fully converted, but they started listening and liking a lot of my stuff, which is always a plus!
 Rukaspooka77
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/30/2011 9:01:26 AM
I'v played with so many metal bands in maine, currently playing bass for Ballistik. honestly, i'm a jack of all traids musician. i play everything. i dont beleave in lines or rules in music, it is either good or it sucks. i met some of the most hard core chicks in the last year, u got to find a metal chick, there out there and very die hard.
 DYLANBROCHILL
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/30/2011 9:31:11 AM
What? Mayhem and Burzum are black metal! And I can imagine most women wouldn't enjoy music about worshiping Satan. Even with death metal...Yeah I like my fair share of technical death metal but I still don't like the glorification of death. Your question really comes down to "Why don't women enjoy music about death or Satanism?". They may see it as a reflection on your values and see you as a...Threat. Hahah.
 joe_schmo
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/31/2011 1:12:33 AM
I am pretty much there with you guys. I have been drumming in a black metal band for a few years now. Pretty much all the women I have dated have been "normal" but even when compromising things seem to grate on the nerves after a while.. I mean honestly when you have sit there and think "how can I compromise to find something we both enjoy" before doing anything it gets really old. Then add in the fact that my band constantly goes for the complete black metal stage show... usually with candles, real skulls my bassist found in the woods, pig heads, even human bloodletting... factor in the anti-christian mindset of our music ( not Satan worshiping mind you, two different things ) and prospects become even more dismal. Hell, at my work the girls are even offended when I play some classic punk like The Ramones or The Sex Pistols...

I mean really if I am to date someone that dislikes metal it really narrows my options.
1. They are not gonna like what I play on guitar, or drums for that matter so that cuts into play time (which is important to me, gotta practice!)
2. Car rides with music you dislike are painful (either way)
3. If music is a really a major thing in your life, but it's a no go between the two of you, it does not leave much to converse about.
4. Most of my outlook on the world ties into the music I listen to, that is why I clicked so much with black metal, so if they can't understand it I feel like they can't understand me.
5. Music is my only form of expression. I suck at painting, drawing, wood working, crafts, etc...
6. The band taking up your time will always become an issue, even more so when your music isn't something she listens to. I have seen many good musicians break up a promising band because of this.

These points are just from my personal experiences.
 francy123
Msg: 184
Posted: 9/16/2011 3:56:35 PM
man it is impossible here where i am. i can not find my metal head to save my life. at least not one in my age range.
 TeeToTheEyeToTheEm
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/19/2011 2:19:31 AM
I have fronted a few metal bands in my time. The thing I have learned is that no style is ever going to be perfect. In Death Metal I am totally convinced that people spend more time dissecting the style and justifying why its so bad ass than they do listening to it. So I just go with the flow. I write my own music and am always surprised at what I come up with even if it sucks. To me, that is the best way to embrace music. Writing it. If I can find a lady that understands my endless thirst for the darkside of music, well then, I might have to accept the fact that pigs have wings (according to Flaming Joe's) and can fly.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 186
Posted: 9/24/2011 4:13:25 PM
HArrenhal- Taste in music varies as much as people vary. You think pop is garbage, talk about "aesthetically dull or repulsive music", that's your opinion. If someone doesn't like Death Metal, that's their opinion.
People like what they like.
I LOVE music, I took eight years of piano lessons, I still play. Most of the songs I played when I was learning piano were classical. The preference of my teachers, I suppose.
It's not that I can't stand classical music anymore, it's just not one of my favorites.
I still listen to it sometimes, it's relaxing.
My son likes RAP, in the beginning, I hated it. That's what he plays when I'm in the car with him, so I was forced to listen to it. You know what, I grew to like some of it. I still have no use for the "women are ho's, kill the cops" type, but I found out I liked RAP more than I thought.
I'm a huge fan of the blues. classic Rock, like jazz, country in small doses. I also like Metallica, Guns and Roses, I love AC/DC (best concert I've been to, bar none), that's just to name a few things I'm into.
I'll give anything a chance, that's how you discover new types of music.
Different tastes in music would not keep me from dating someone.
If it's that important to you, go to as many Death Metal concerts as you can. You KNOW the women there share your taste in music.
 WhatWouldDrewDo
Msg: 187
Posted: 10/8/2011 11:23:52 PM
My favorite band is Cannibal Corpse, and I never found any issues with dating women.

It should be known though, that I dress rather conservatively compared to most death metal fashion. (I still wear my band shirts around the house, I don't dare leave them behind...) That may play some part as to why I don't scare women as much as I used to...
 alexandermoore
Msg: 188
Posted: 10/9/2011 6:46:52 AM
Music is a very important part of my life. I consider myself pretty open minded when it comes to what I listen to and I'm always open to hearing something new from someone. It wouldn't bother me at all if they were big into opera and hip-hop; hell I'd get them to show me some of their top favourites. But if they despised melodic death metal or any of the "darker side of metal", I couldn't date them. To me it's not enough to be with someone who merely "tolerates" my music.
 grindblast
Msg: 189
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:46:26 PM
Ya I guess we shouldn't be seeking out people based on musical taste, but metal heads tend to think alike. It' s not like any other genre of music really, metal heads *really know what they like and are generally a bit more introverted, dark, cynical, brutal/cold/calculated, generally against most main stream ideas and conforming...I'm generalizing I know but there's some truth to it. People in to country music or pop aren't usually know for being dark, introverted and in to gore/horror/dark content etc.

But what can ya do.. if I found a good girl in every way but hates metal I'd be ok with it, but eventually it would start to bother me that I was bothering her with my music. I think that's another reason why metalheads would want to seek each other out I would think, it's pretty loud and extreme music and if you don't love it, you probably hate it and if you're dating someone that hates a passion of yours and a real hobby or interest, then I don't see how it could last too long.

All you can do is keep you eyes open and hope for the best...Sometimes I think my severe interest in punk and metal music really outcasts myself and limits my options to the type of people I'm going to meet, but I can't help it, my brain just goes towards these types of things.
 Astrozombie81
Msg: 190
Posted: 10/10/2011 5:27:25 AM
@DucDeRichleau

I thought you were the one when I heard "Holidays In The Sun"
come from your bedroom
but my mind started to stray when I saw Youth of Today
mixed with your singles
What's with this Underdog and this GNR EP?
I don't think Hanoi rocks
and I don't want your Paul Stanley
next to my Subhumans gatefold
I'm not trying to be a jerk
but I don't think this record mergers gonna work

But when I saw Christ on Parade,
and This is Boston, Not LA
I knew you were the one

I knew you were for me when I saw the first Vandals EP
I found SNFU and cool I owned that record too
seems we both had Social Unrest and sung "she's a pervert nurse"
we both had the first pressing of "How Could Hell Be Any Worse"

I knew you were the one

So now we got two Earth ADs and we got two Killing Jokes
we got two Adolescents two Peni's and two The Crews
we got two Someone Got Their Head Kicked Ins
we got two Declines, two Damaged
and two Jealous Agains,

I knew you were the one
When I saw Machine Gun Etiquette
I knew you were the one
When I saw the Peace War comp

We got two Articles of Faith, 31 minutes of group sex
A couple of Avengers, and a pair of Out Of Steps
We got two What We Do Is Secret, we got two TSOL's
We got two Freedom Of Choices, we got two Three Hits From Hells

I knew you were the one

Metal_Mike667
Msg: 191
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:38:43 AM
yall are a bunch of pussies. Slipknot rules and every record they put out to this day is as bad ass as the previous. If your 555 then im 666
 rkdeluc
Msg: 192
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:13:41 PM
I love all metal music. I also like other kinds of music as well.
 rkdeluc
Msg: 193
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:18:07 PM
I love metal...Slayer,Testament,Gwar an Many Others.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 194
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:02:38 PM
how YOU doin?

k.w.
smooth like butter
 thynameis
Msg: 195
Posted: 10/16/2011 11:09:20 AM
I Enjoy Heavy Metal but I’m a huge fan of Goth Metal. I can listen to all lot of other stuff.
I grew up listening to Madness and Pink Floyd.
 Akkikun
Msg: 196
Posted: 10/16/2011 2:45:28 PM
It's not just metal, it's anything with screaming. Almost no one in Utah likes hard music. I find it a little depressing that I can't listen to my favorite music around most people.
 YayForBeer
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 8:01:52 AM
Ditto to what Drew posted.

I've been a metalhead for 20 years. Most of it sucks today, but I still listen to thrashy stuff like Kreator and Agent Steel all the way to really extreme stuff like Cryptopsy, Septicflesh, etc. But I also work in IT, so I have short hair, and normally don't dress like a metalhead would. Even when I go out I don't dress like that.. I find it too aggravating to have to worry about how "true" my outward appearance is.

Though the OP is pretty much spot on too - once a woman hears some of the stuff I listen to, I get the "Oh this is terrible" or "this is satanic" BS. It may not be wise to judge a relationship based on just musical taste, but when somebody is that close minded about music, imagine how close minded they'll be about other things. It's usually a big red flag for me.

WeirdArtChick
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:51:14 AM
I'm so interested in hearing this. What is the dull American crap that us girls must be drawn to?
 submarinequeen
Msg: 199
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:33:51 PM
I like metal. Death metal is cool. But I mainly like metal in general. People really don't expect me to, but I grew up on it. I like a lot of other music too, but I'm a little rough around the edges :) My roots yknow? Love metal guys. sheesh. Weakness for them. Makes life.... interesting \m/
 GizmoGR
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:24:07 PM
Wow! The metalheads were I am are either taken or in other ways not what I'm looking for. Any other guys as hard as they would listen is In Flames (irk) or Nickleback (irk again)
I enjoy having someone to share music with or discover new bands with too, it is a shame that sometimes people look upon metalheads as "crazy" or "devil worshipers".
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...