Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poker_fan_in_nyc
Msg: 167
Death Metal and Dating... Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Not into "death" metal but I love metal...

I am taking my 13-year-old daughter to see Slayer next month (yeah I know it's only 1/2 the original band but will still be an experience for her)...mom & daughter, should be interesting :D

I really have nothing else to add at the moment, just wanted to add to the discussion some how \m/
 poker_fan_in_nyc
Msg: 168
Death Metal and Dating...
Posted: 10/26/2013 1:52:14 PM

Both you and she have great taste! Slayer are bloody magnificent.

Why thank you...yes they are :D

I wanted to take her to see the Big4 back in Sept 2011 here in NYC but tickets were too expensive...I have seen them all so many times before but would have been a fun experience for her...
 Skathi
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2013 1:10:48 PM
I'm a fan of Death Metal, Black Metal, Folk Metal etc I love everything, Even run a Metal forum & radio :D
 heilshevanel
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/7/2014 11:34:09 PM
This has always been a problem for me. I mean, I listen to some mainstream stuff, but I mostly identify with very heavy and progressive death metal. Any time I want to listen to something like "Arsonists get all the girls" or "Rings of Saturn" with a partner they go running for the hills. Yet, I am supposed to tolerate what is, for the most part, radio pop garbage.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/8/2014 12:04:09 AM
\m/\m/

What a great thread to discover some of other nearby POF metal people. Love it!
Always eager to attend fantastic shows in the NJ, NY, PA, CT area.

\m/\m/
 poker_fan_in_nyc
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/22/2014 12:48:03 PM

eric_summit: What a great thread to discover some of other nearby POF metal people. Love it!
Always eager to attend fantastic shows in the NJ, NY, PA, CT area.

Yeah we are very lucky to live in an area where lots of great musicians come...
I mainly go to shows in NYC, Philly and AC

Last month I had tickets to a taping of That Metal Show...but my son got sick that day and I couldn't go (they tape on Tuesdays at 5pm in Harlem)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/24/2014 9:55:48 AM
I think my next scheduled concert is Linkin Park later this summer.
Been trying to find some decent seats for the Motley Crue farewell tour this autumn.
My last show attended was the great Cheap Trick just a few towns over.
Have seen two fantastic Slayer shows and both were beyond great!
 CSM9
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2014 5:42:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHBTVzRreSY

I listen to this song a regular basis. I consider myself a normal person. Probably not a good thing to mention on a first date though, unless I knew she was into that kind of music.
 ICantDoBackflipsAnyway
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/27/2014 7:23:05 AM
Metal is art.
Art is misunderstood.
If Metal bands started to sell millions of records again, no one would think you're crazy.

People are dumb.
 Somedude847
Msg: 176
Posted: 5/18/2014 6:56:58 AM
I've always seen attractive girls at metal shows. But then again, I see more genuine down to earth looking girls at hardcore shows. Dating someone who's into the exact same music as me isn't really a preference. I'm not sure I'd want a future girl friend to come with and watch me mosh or nearly get into a fight. It seems kinda odd.
 basilisk123
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:03:51 PM
This thread is old as dirt, but I will offer a advice to future browsers. The best thing to do is have a range of music you like. That way you can switch out music as the situation warrants. By no means hide your love of death metal, but be open about it. Music is a mood setter, an emotional and psychological tuning fork. Learn to use it well and doors and opportunities will present themselves.

For instance, I have a collection of jazz, alternative, goth industrial ambient, techno, heavy metal, death metal. A selection for every mood I could be in and some to set the mood for myself and others. Explore other genres and you might surprise yourself.
 Demidar
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/30/2014 7:17:02 AM
Last relations ship the gf was always telling me to turn it down or off . I will not pick what I want to listen to just to please a woman . From my stand point some one will have to fit in with what I enjoy , not the other way around . Listening to Ain Elohim by Celtic Frost at the moment :)
 DMS5061
Msg: 179
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:06:37 PM
I love death metal, screamo, and pretty much all music! Depends on the mood of the day! I have found as I am getting older that I have to kinda hide my love of metal when meeting new people because they instantly think I'm weird or have issues or I'm a huge party person and I'm none of those. I would think guys would be more open to it but most I come across are not and most refuse to attend metal concerts which I live for! You can't top the energy at a good metal concert or festival!
 Demidar
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:26:05 PM
Think I would be shocked if I found a woman in my age range listening to what I am at the moment , Pessimist , Call to War album .
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 181
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:34:56 PM
The last one I enjoyed from first track to last recently was the Pantera album Cowboys From Hell.
 alpha_hydroxy
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:14:17 PM
I can't say I am a die hard death metal fan because I feel, in order to claim that title, I would need to go as far as to dedicate a cellar -from top to bottom- of all the death metal related songs I've ever paid tribute to. I understand from where these so called "normal" women are coming from; to some women, this specific genre of music is unfamiliar territory and thus could prompt them to feel uncomfortable. People are generally quick to judge a person by what they listen to and if the first impression isn't a nice one they won't continue listening to something they don't initially like. This spills into how we interact with people on a daily basis as well; if you don't have a clear picture of the individual then by the first meet you might just decide that disliking them is the easiest route out of getting to know someone. We could go onto discussing the specifics such as technical, melodic, Gothic, etc. most people barely have time to listen to music as they would like and their access is usually restricted to what is easily accessible via radio, which usually airs music with little substance and more electronic tweaking than a baby could swing a twig at. Let's face it, people are always after air space and popularity is what rolls in the dough no matter how retarded the song and its lyrics might be.

What I'm trying to get at here is, instead of labeling these women as trash people because of the music they are accustomed to, maybe it's time to consider that there are women out there who are willing to learn more about this genre and that there are women who are capable of appreciating this genre given ample time and exposure. This is not to say that these women are dumb because they are familiar with popular songs on the radio but rather they might not even be aware that they listen to it when it's blaring five feet away down a busy shopping street or inside a shoe store. If all else fails and you can't wrap your head around it, might as well state that you only date die hard death metal women, like yourself.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/31/2015 2:54:57 AM
"The last one I enjoyed from first track to last recently was the Pantera album Cowboys From Hell"

Yeah... not death metal. This forum is like a effing nursing home. You realize how long ago that was, right?
 ThePig0fTheOpera
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/3/2015 10:34:53 AM
I find most people who are obsessed with "properly" categorizing music annoying, but Pantera is ridiculously far from being death metal. In fact, they started as a glam band.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/3/2015 11:01:59 AM

Posted by no_kids_please:
"This forum is like a effing nursing home. You realize how long ago that was, right?"

Yawn. Nice insult. People like whatever music they like.
Even that same person might have a very diverse range.

I'm going to see Judas Priest on this upcoming Saturday night.
Yet recently I've also seen Hellyeah, Godsmack, STP, Fleetwood Mac, and Van Halen.

Most people are a blend.
People don't need to fit into a neat category. Sheesh.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/3/2015 7:57:03 PM
^^^I love Fleetwood Mac! And I think my parents were still teenagers when they recorded "Black Magic Woman." :-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:09:27 PM
That is a great song, NJgirl116. Goes to show how different varieties of music can transcend generations.
Judas Priest often sings The Green Manalishi which is actually *far darker* in the Fleetwood Mac original!
 no_kids_please
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/5/2015 8:50:25 AM
Not knocking his taste or Pantera. This is a thread in 2015 about death/extreme metal, however.

As for your claimed "diversity": You listen to the radio, so what?
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/26/2015 5:44:48 AM
Guess it would be kinda funny if it werent so tragic that the balaclan(?) Concert hall where most died in the Paris terrorist atrocity featured a death metal band. Op complains about his dates glorifying hip hop while in his ignorance he strangely enjoys bands that glorify death.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/4/2015 12:53:57 AM
^
The Eagles of Death Metal are NOT a death metal band at all you goddamn retard. It was just a play on words. They're a garage rock / stoner rock band, you worthless mouth breather.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/11/2015 9:48:20 PM
Thanks, you poseur hack that runs away when challenged! This is everything in the western world. Spread decent. Hide in a cave. Same as the terrorist shit.

Forum hacks. I hope you all get AIDS. 100% AIDS.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...