Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rkdeluc
Msg: 176
Death Metal and Dating... Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I love all metal music. I also like other kinds of music as well.
 rkdeluc
Msg: 177
Death Metal and Dating...
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:18:07 PM
I love metal...Slayer,Testament,Gwar an Many Others.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:02:38 PM
how YOU doin?

k.w.
smooth like butter
 Akkikun
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/16/2011 2:45:28 PM
It's not just metal, it's anything with screaming. Almost no one in Utah likes hard music. I find it a little depressing that I can't listen to my favorite music around most people.
 YayForBeer
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 8:01:52 AM
Ditto to what Drew posted.

I've been a metalhead for 20 years. Most of it sucks today, but I still listen to thrashy stuff like Kreator and Agent Steel all the way to really extreme stuff like Cryptopsy, Septicflesh, etc. But I also work in IT, so I have short hair, and normally don't dress like a metalhead would. Even when I go out I don't dress like that.. I find it too aggravating to have to worry about how "true" my outward appearance is.

Though the OP is pretty much spot on too - once a woman hears some of the stuff I listen to, I get the "Oh this is terrible" or "this is satanic" BS. It may not be wise to judge a relationship based on just musical taste, but when somebody is that close minded about music, imagine how close minded they'll be about other things. It's usually a big red flag for me.

WeirdArtChick
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:51:14 AM
I'm so interested in hearing this. What is the dull American crap that us girls must be drawn to?
 submarinequeen
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:33:51 PM
I like metal. Death metal is cool. But I mainly like metal in general. People really don't expect me to, but I grew up on it. I like a lot of other music too, but I'm a little rough around the edges :) My roots yknow? Love metal guys. sheesh. Weakness for them. Makes life.... interesting \m/
 GizmoGR
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:24:07 PM
Wow! The metalheads were I am are either taken or in other ways not what I'm looking for. Any other guys as hard as they would listen is In Flames (irk) or Nickleback (irk again)
I enjoy having someone to share music with or discover new bands with too, it is a shame that sometimes people look upon metalheads as "crazy" or "devil worshipers".
 lordmaltreas
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2011 5:20:21 PM
I review metal bands for a board in Arkansas, but I enjoy all types of music. Problem is, being a metal reviewer means to people that you "only listen" to metal. So most regular women would consider me "just a metalhead." I've reviewed both popular and extremely underground bands that most of you haven't even heard of before... Hell, that I haven't even heard of them before I listened to the album.

Just recently I checked out a band called Old Forest, from England. Yes, I listen To Woods, Slipknot, In Flames, Septic Flesh, Cynic,Andromeda,Detonation, Devin Townsend,Ghoul, Giant Squid, Hammers Of Misfortune, Pulsar Colony (A local project),The Catafalque, Summoning, Solstafir, and about a hundred million others I've got to review. I'm also a fan of Iced Earth and am impressed with the new disc. Insomnium also put out one of the best albums of the year. Oh hell, I forgot to mention Meads Of Asphodel and The Project Hate. (Which have gone down in the past few years.)

There's also a band called Omega Lithium, that mixes Lacuna Coil with Rammstein. I'm quite into them, but prefer the early Genitorturers a bit more. By the way, the new Morbid Angel sucked.

I don't really dress metal either. I'm an author, so I usually listen to music while I'm writing and editing my manuscripts. I used to be a vocalist, but now I do my own electronic stuff. But as I said, I listen to all types of music, even stuff like Enya, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, The Kills, Portishead, Infected Mushroom and several million more.

But people don't judge one on musical tastes. I guess I can sit through anything these days. Music is music after all, just like movies are movies. But I'd prefer to have someone in my life who is interested in the same things I am. I have had the opposite and have broken the "opposites attract" rule in half.

Just don't get too caught up in this stuff. Love is a great thing to have, but so is structure and stability. No woman wants a man with no way to help support a household. Not these days anyway, when the economy is so bad. When you get older, music starts to matter much less to finances. I wish it weren't so, but live revolves around the might dollar; sadly. I had far more relationships when I had a job and money.
 weebs28
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:56:25 AM
I'm having similar issues. My brother was the only person I knew into the same type of metal that I am and since he died it sucks not having someone to simply discuss a new release with let alone go to shows with. To make it worse my ex got me into classic metal and now that he's out of the picture my metal horizons are broadened but I'm still in the same boat to a worse degree.
 Majordork79
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:39:29 PM
I used to be a "metalhead" but in recent years I've ditched the label and style of clothing. Metal is like chick repellant. You can listen to the music you love, but keep an open mind. I don't like most metal women, even if they are attractive. If you want to meet women you should probably limit your metalheadness to an extent, I'd rather spend a Friday night at a regular bar, or a club, than a all male metal show. Sure attend the occasional concert, but keep it at minimum. I am 33 and have opened my mind quite a bit since I was 23. You need to give yourself more interests. When I was "metal" the only thing I had in common with my peers was music, and probably drinking. If you're just another "metalhead" you're limiting yourself.
 jenoside
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2011 10:22:47 PM
dating non metal dudes is tough for metal chicks because they scare easily :/
 I_love_zombies
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:27:08 AM
I'm going to throw my name in the hat here, along with the majority of my female friends, as being fairly attractive metal fans. I especially like my norse metal and a lot of the black metal from the UK. I'm going to take it as a compliment, and call myself rare and special. Although, being a 5'4 female who us smart enough not to wear heels at a metal show, makes it really hard to see over the giant throng of 6,'7 guys. You probably just can't see me.
 munstersbabe13
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/14/2011 11:33:52 AM
I'm another female metalhead. It's really hard finding guys who are into the same kinda music genre I'm into. You either have your country-fried rednecks or your hip-hop people.
 metalrebel
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/14/2011 8:46:05 PM
Deffinetly hard to come by women that are into any sort of metal in my neck of the woods (That being hamilton)
I especially love black metal...Emperor, darkthrone, Carpathian forest...ect
 Majordork79
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:44:42 PM
I can get along and have a common ground with almost anyone, but I like death metal, but only certain bands in particular. typical generic death metal bores me, good dm is like dying fetus, obituary, zyklon, thou shall perish.

Same thing with black metal. I like the good shit, though some is arguable if it's bm or not. Emperor(Anthems to the Welkin at dusk, great disk, I'm one of the few americans who got to see them live during that era), older Dimmu(Enthroned Darkness Triumphant, awesome), Borknagar(pure awesomeness, Epic was great, I got into em when olden domain came out) Old mans child is pure genius.
Notable mention:Finntroll, and Thyrfing, I think viking metal is great, like Suidakra, very under rated band imo.

metalrebel, what do you think of viking metal as a genre? I think it puts a lot of black metal to shame, despite its obvious similarities.

And last but NOT least, noone can claim to be metal, and not mention SLAYER.

If anyone likes a bit of power metal, but doesn't go overboard, and has thrash influence, BIOMECHANICAL, great band, and I don't care for power metal much, why this band isn't huge is beyond me.

However I also like pop, and hip hop, hate beiber, but I like Usher, and Kesha a lot, Lady Gaga is ok, but weird, depends on the song old MIcheal Jackson is great, Rap, Dre, 2 pac Eminem, etc, G-Unit.
Not huge ito country/
Hell my name is oxymoron.

Funny thing is though, I've very old school when it comes to metal I've been all around the genre and back. But I look like a preppy boy, I'm actually wearing a aeropostale shirt right now haha
 Carnal_Forge
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/19/2011 8:08:32 PM
I sing for Arsis and shit shrapnel.
 Maddtis
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/22/2011 4:19:13 PM
Yeah every girl I dated hated it but Ive been able to get most of them slowly into it with bands like D. Something that sounds like a light band then next thing she knows shes listening to metal. I wouldn't just try to jump them into a band like Deicide right off the bat.

But for those that don't like it, the relationship always ends within 3 days cause I mostly listen to metal.
 tinguy66
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 1:16:57 AM
I could date someone not into Death Metal. I tend to listen to it to myself with earbuds or in my car. At times women get turned away that i like death metal, or Metal in general. I see myself with someone who likes the Rock side of thing more. I wouldn't be able to be with one who likes Metal all the time. My taste in music varies. I could be listening to Bloodbath to Pink Floyd to Opeth to Portishead. I do love doing the Death Metal "growl" though.
 Renowned1
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:53:46 PM
I totally understand what the OP is getting at. It's almost like hiding that you smoke cigarettes or something. You know you have to do it, and it's a part of you...so why should you hide it?

Maybe it's a bad example, cause most metalheads don't tend to care what someone else thinks about their music. Hell I blast my music at stop lights in HOPES that one person or small child will think my music is cool and go look it up online. I know i've done it to music others are playing!

I like it all, but the negative stigma about metal seriously has to go. I dare say it's on the same level as saying you play World Of Warcraft. Being able to say you stopped playing WOW comes off as the equivalent of saying you quit meth to a girl.

Most of my favorite bands (I, The Breather, Of Mice And Men, Tides, Parkway Drive, Of Blackest Oceans) speak little if at all about death or other cliche metal topics. I guess you just have to have the ability to look past the surface of the lyrics.

It happens all too often. They can't relate or understand the lyrics, so they are taken at face value with a tinge of negativity.

What we guys are looking for isn't so much a "metal chick," it's a woman who is introspective, patient and open minded to all things - not just music.
 Frau Chilliknickers
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:24:04 PM

It's almost like hiding that you smoke cigarettes or something

And once you get to my age (40s), that's precisely what happens. It's like having a dirty little secret, waiting for the right moment to tell...or gutturally do so.
 WorldTraveler74
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:40:08 PM
Sadly I usually vastly dislike anyone into the things I'm into. (Black Metal, Death Metal, Hard core punk from the 80s etc). They almost exclusively like it for entirely different reasons than me.
 ProteusVulgaris
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:18:20 AM
The guys that I know always wind up with girls that don't really listen to the music that they love. I don't know maybe this is why I'm single, I can't find a guy that likes the music that I like and who wants to date me. The guy that I was with for a long time only liked certain bands, but overall I could never really go to a show with him and just have an awesome time.
 512sean
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/9/2012 7:53:37 PM
yeah I'm new on this website and noticed in texas that there isn't any metalhead chicks. If there is, they are scene kids. Like for example, I read this female's profile and she said she doesn't like brutal death metal. She gave two examples, slayer and pantera. iflmao. That's heavy metal and thrash. Get it correct.

As for me it's hard for me to find chicks that like black metal or brutal death. I've listened to heavy stuff since I was 7 years old. Played in bands for 11 years now. I know I limit myself but the more heavy, evil and weird, the better.
 Life_Is_Dynamics
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/9/2012 11:47:26 PM
This is an interesting topic. I've played guitar since high school, and am involved in two metal-related projects (a full band, and a two-person studio project), and have been a listener predominantly of metal (though, it's HARDLY the only music I listen to) since my teens. I think, as a form of music, it gets a largely undeserved bad rap, especially here in the United States... and I'm pretty sure that when the boys and girls in high school got separated in the gymnasium for "the talk", all the girls were told that all metal is crap and never to go near it or anyone listening to it.

I never really thought of it from the dating perspective. On here I've gone back and forth so far as mentioning the bands/music I like, and the fact that I play music/metal. On one hand, some women are attracted to men who play music, on the other there's the stereotype that it rules our lives, runs us broke, and ONLY works with hard boozing, copious drugs, and promiscuous sex. Same as musical tastes go, while shared tastes in bands and/or styles can be a conversational point, women seem to be very much into the "deal-breaker" mindset and I really worry about both the "partyboy musician" archetype being unfairly applied, and whatever it is that makes women hate guys who listen to metal. After all, I'm mostly on here because my social-type activities, metal shows and non-redneck forms of motorsport, are complete sausage festivals.

That said, like a lot of metal guys, MOST of the girls I've dated were not much, if at all, into any form of heavy metal, and when it was, it was stuff like Guns 'n' Roses, not Meshuggah. Granted, not everything I listen to is metal, I listen to all sorts of classic and modern prog, some types of electronica (glitch hop, IDM, ambient, crossover stuff like The Prodigy or Ulver), underground hip hop (Aesop Rock, EL-P, dälek), instrumental rock, blues, world music, jazz and fusion... some genres in far less frequency than others, but overall, a diverse set of acts that never seem to have a female fanbase despite the genre.

I often wonder if people/women can tell, though. I'm not one for wearing all-black all-the-time, in fact I seek out band shirts in colors other than black when available (not that 99% of women know Hacride or Mnemic are even bands to begin with), and I quite often wear dress shirts... more prep than anything. Perhaps it's the hair. I actually never grew it out to be "metal" to begin with, I just like it long and think it looks good on me. I do get the, "Are you a musician/guitarist/in-a-rock/metal" band a lot. Apparently, all dudes without a supercut are in bands.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Death Metal and Dating...