Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Previously36
Msg: 67
Question: Why do older women want younger men?Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Moisturizer men! Moisturizer! You don't have to tell anyone. Unscented!

Most men are exposed to the elements more than women, and women protect their skin from them better than the men.

I am still more about the package deal. Once I get to know someone it can cancel out a 1st impression, sometime the personality fits the appearance, so no change necessary.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 68
Question: Why do older women want younger men?
Posted: 11/18/2008 9:09:12 PM
I tend to go for younger guys, however my age range is between 21-37...I will not go any higher....
 trekker013
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:58:35 AM
To address the question of why older women want younger men:

Why not?

I would say that if someone is old enough to live on their own, to be responsible for themselves, their finances, etc. ; to be old enough to have to work for a living, or go fight in a war; whatever else, then by god they're old enough to date whoever else in the hell is old enough to do the same regardless of age.

My question is why the hell would anyone else care what age range someone else dates? Do whatever the hell makes you happy.

The way this country keeps making more and more things illegal over the years I bet it's only a matter of time before one is allowed to date in a certain age range a few years over or a few years younger

Wouldn't surprise me one bit
 kenharleyride
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:59:28 AM
damnnnnnnnnnnnn do i really look 65....................
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/19/2008 10:52:28 AM
Its all about maturity in my book. like i said earlier in this thread, younger can be more mature and older can be more mature. Its all up to the individual

When i was younger in my 20 and 30's i prefered dating older women.

But now im more about maturity and a few other qualities that i will not compromise with. Age is not the determining factor. Things i will just not tolerate. But thats for another thread. LOL
 Nitatazldy
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:07:39 AM
Gawd I hope it never comes to a point that our country or any other form of government can tell us who to date or what we can do.

I try to date within a certain amount of years and would have nothing against dating someone close to my age. However, in just my experience to date, I haven't found one I would consider doing such with.

I have to admit I am guilty of dating a man 16 years my junior, but I can honestly say I would NEVER do it again. In hindsight, I see how immature he was. Again, back to the maturity issue.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:02:13 PM
Well, not to toot my own horn...but I tend to intimidate men as it is...and apparently I need a man with years of confidence and security, LOL...so I think I would make a young guy shake in his boots!
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:04:04 PM
Wow Kat, Ur a bad motor-scooter. I guess the younger guys need to fear u
 Prettyyb
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:08:17 AM
I have dated both younger and older. It seem i get along with the younger ones, we have more in common we want to do things, The older gentelmen, i have dated want to sit at home and do nothing, or they want the younger, skinner girls. The guys younger than me have said they prefer older because USUALLY the older women knows what they want and Most but not all of the ones their age cant make up their mind. I try not to go younger that 38 and older than 58, My age is 52, but have been told i act more like a 42 yr old or 42 young which ever way you want to take it. LOL
I belive the connection is the key not the age. My mother and Father were proof of that mom was 8 1/2 yrs older than dad and they were together 50yrs before they passed away a few yrs ago. So look for the connect not the age.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:18:05 AM
I think it just depends honestly on the person.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/23/2008 11:20:03 AM
Well maybe it is just the older some get, the younger they want to date...especially so if they are youthful for their own age. In other words...maybe it is more about dating someone in an age range that YOU FEEL?

Although sometimes I feel 80, and I would sooo never date anyone that old!

I just have more in common with someone nearer to my own age. Seems we are more compatible in intellect, careers, home, where we are in parenting, goals, and so on. Someone in their 20's or 30's is not going to be in the same place in life, that I am at...and is not going to be in sync with me or our needs would not be in sync. :)
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:47:26 PM

I am still more about the package...

The truth comes out... j/k I took that quote out of context....

I have dated older women and younger as well. With those experiences I have discovered more about myself and my preferences. I found older women wanted to mother me and younger wanted to be a mother... I am undecided on more children but do not need another mother, I have one already. It all starts out with an attraction and age is not a part of that....
 Previously36
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/24/2008 9:21:50 AM
LOL.... Sometimes we all fall into our stereotypical stuff! I guess "package" deal can mean almost anything! If you are in for the long haul, the package would contain a tolerable, likable (& lickable), and lovable person.

I almost rolled my eyes and said that is a man for you when I read that! But a chuckle none the less.... Sometimes it is the stereotypical stuff we like about the opposite sex!

frtnhnfloed
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/25/2008 7:43:49 AM
I believe that its because GENERALLY speaking, the older a man gets a lot of them become couch potatoes.

And of course thats not all inclusive:
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:40:38 AM
Skip...do you really find older women mother you??? Often??

I know I have done raised my kids....I don't want to mother OR smother! LOL Funny, cause a very wise friend and fellow fishie just mentioned the whole "mothering" thing two days ago....and I personally have never felt I "mother" my men! I am smart...I am opinionated...I am outgoing...I am caring and I am a caretaking sort...I am independent and the take charge type....but I certainly can't see how these traits would come off as motherly. LOL

Would be interested in hearing more on this!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:11:50 AM
Kat the ladies in question that mothered were 15-20 years older than I was, one was when I was 18 (in college), another 26 (after divorce), and last one was when I was 31. Other than their wanting to mother me, I also found we had too many differences in taste, such as music styles and desires. They had all been previously married and had differing experiences with their past husbands. What their first husbands liked in foods and bed, if they had been faithful or not. Two of them had unfaithful husbands and the other was a widow. The first was my young and dumb days, while the other two I seriously tried to make a relationship. But regardless in the end I found that I could not make it happen....

Since then I have stuck with gals who have either been younger or closer to me in age, though I will say, younger women are out as well! Think I will stick to ladies closer to my age, even though I have not had much luck with them in the past. Well I mean the ones same age as me, three or four years either way has seemed to work....
 Previously36
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/25/2008 12:24:32 PM
The younger guys are also asking us out quite often. I had to block my profile to stop a bit of pestering. Maybe they think us older women are going to teach them something!
 tallshyman
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 5:15:29 PM
My bother that is a Army Special Forces Sergeant Major married a older woman he meet in Korea, They can not have kids but they are happy.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:28:15 PM
I get the young uns hitting on me, as well....kinda flattering, but the flatter aspect does NOT supercede the ick factor, for me. LOL

Totally agree with Becca's post. I know I look younger than my age...I know I am active and wild and fun for my age! LOL I need a man who can keep up with me! And I don't WANT him to be younger...but man oh man...some of the emails I get come from men who look like they are old enough to be my father!

I guess in the long run, it is just a matter of preference. I know I see women who look far older than me, hitting on men who look like they could be their son's and I just cringe...but oh well...its not ME dating them! LOL

One of my ex BFs married someone about a year after we split...she was significantly younger than him and he told me, "She makes me feel young!" I found it sad that he needed someone to bring out his youthfulness....and that's kind of how I see the cougars....like they are grasping at those last tidbits of their youth??
 Previously36
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:35:37 PM
Very well stated girl! My X was only 4 years older than me but he made it feel like he was a whole generataion ahead of me, made me feel like I missed something. Maybe that is why I like to keep the gap close, but I also go with out things work between as far as what we have ahead of us at a equal or balanced pace.
 kclowns
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:42:32 PM
I don't want someone who looks like my dad. And with me being a little older quite a few fall into that category.I like do a lot of different things..not stay home and watch TV night after night. Now don't get me wrong a good movie and someone to cuddle with on the couch is great. But I won't date someone my kids age.
I guess it is just a matter of personal preference.

And it's not about gray hair..some older men with gray hair I find very attractive.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/25/2008 7:28:58 PM
<------This kitty looooooovvvvvveeessss salt and pepper hair! ;O) Tis my fave, really....5 out of 6 of my last beaus had it! ;)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/26/2008 2:54:47 PM
Kat! i have salt and pepper hair on my face, does that count for anything?
 STLTASHA2
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/26/2008 3:53:46 PM
Wayyyy too much emphasis on age. That is a flaw in this system as you have to qualify what age group is acceptable to contact you. I think "type" "age" and "ethnicity" should not be terms by which we search for potential dates, mates, or friends. You have to see the person's heart. Think how many good choices have been passed over because of preconceived ideas of HOW someone should look or act because of chronological differences, be they to the plus or minus. I go for ATTITUDE!!
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:10:56 PM
stlsasha u might go for attitude, but if the person is not physically physically appealing to your sight, u cant convince me that u will still date them.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >