Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loves Shoes09
Msg: 178
Question: Why do older women want younger men?Page 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Hey there Conz ,

I for one only opened your profile due to the comments in this thread! Oh and by the way I do not EVER correspond with boys that have shirtless pics or those lovely "I used my cell phone to take my picture in the bathroom Pictures"

I find the the fact that a man even wants to show me his bathroom or shirtless body before we meet face to face OH SO ICK!!!!!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 179
Question: Why do older women want younger men?
Posted: 12/12/2008 9:47:48 AM
Physical appearance is way down on my list.

I know she exchanges emails with me and I am gawd awful fugly...

and

Kat, yes you look like a teacher, one who could teach all us guys a thing or two anyway!

On a more serious note, I have to agree with I think it was said about topless photos of men and women, I find it very degrading to find photos of topless ladies on profiles here or on other sites. Yes I enjoy looking at them and women in all their nakedness but I think to publicly display them in such a manner shows disregard of self esteem. I find it attractive when a women can dress sexxy and seductively, leaving alot to the imagination to be very appealing! GAWD gotta love those Amish women

Okay, I have to admit, there is a photo of me shirtless on Moewz's profile with her rubbing my belly.... Actually it is a photo of her with a Buhdda Statue and she is rubbing its belly....LOL Hey, I do have the body of a god, to bad it is Buhdda!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/12/2008 10:05:26 AM
OMGoodness...did Conz actually LISTEN to US mere mortals?? ;O)

Hmmm, Skip...needing an extra income...maybe I should just start an "us guys" class? ;O) Hmmm....could be fun! ;O)
 Loves Shoes09
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/12/2008 2:22:38 PM
Conz - put the other picture back up on your profile - PRETTY PLEASE! I be nice then I promise......
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:34:10 AM
Hey Conz...."who viewed me" is reallly inaccurate. First of all...people are viewin' you off the forums now...also, lots of people have the feature turned OFF so that you cannot tell when they viewed you. So you could be getting viewed allll the time and not even realize such.

Same goes with the rate a pic thing....not real accurate when you change the pic consistently. LOL

But the question is...Who REALLY cares???
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/13/2008 11:30:58 AM
Good point Kat!!!

Who really cares? LOL

seekingclarity
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/15/2008 12:47:25 PM
I'm in unusually good health, fitness and overall appearance for being 50+.
I've taken good care of all the above and since I sunburn easily, have used sunblock which along with good nutrition has kept my skin and face appearing younger than my chronological age. Plus I got a good body from my parents, thanks Mom and Dad! Most people guess I'm about 40 and my level of fitness and the clothing that I wear is about the same as when I was in my early 30's.
I'm active enough that most people 10 years plus or minus my age, male or female, can't keep up with me physically. I've many interests and the mental energy to engage them also tires many people.
There are people in my age bracket who keep up with me and some I have to stretch to keep up with. But overall, people at least 10 years younger than I am are ones I match well with in any activity.
Now mental/emotional age is tricky. Again some people my age seem stuffy and stodgy. Hardening of the brain cells. I love new ideas, trying new things, yet don't toss out the tried and true. So some people I know were radical hippie types in their youth have become sedentary conservatives and lost their sparkle. Some are mentally old to me. Others seem to be reverting to adolescence mentally, not limited to my age bracket, many people never leave it.
I have found an interesting difference in men and women in their early 30's and younger. Fewer of those I know well enough to discuss the subject seem interested in having a SO that is their best friend as well as sexual lover. I don't think this is an age thing as much as the loss of some of the cultural memes of the 60's through the 80's. My sister is 10 years older and had the 50's and early 60's memes and paradigms with sex/dating/roles/jobs.
There almost seems to be a degree of reverting to less enlightened paradigms.
I'm not a feminist, never was anyone's chattel property to be 'liberated'. But I've always been atypical, a rule breaker, and done what I wanted. I've had male friends since I was playing in mud puddles and catching frogs. When I started to grow curves and become aware of them as the opposite sex, many still were friends and lifelong I've had more close friends who are male than female. My women friends are very dear to me and I value all for their traits.
What seems odd to me know is that some younger men and women seem more different mentally and emotionally than those in my age bracket. I doubt it is an age thing as this difference has been there since my teens. I think it is more cultural changes.
And not for the better. The criticisms men have of women being shallow, silly airheads incapable of thinking or acting responsibly seem true to a far greater degree than I'd like to think. Women in the 30's and younger often seem daft to me. And men in the same age bracket seem more materialistic than my male friends of my age did at their age.
Overall I can't say I'm attracted to younger men because they are younger but I'm attracted to men who have more of the youthfulness that I have. I'm not attracted to anyone who is immature.
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:22:21 PM
Conz, im not really issac hayes, but i wish i had his money. LOL

Im just another one of those ppl that like to call it the way i see it. But dont concentrate just on what im saying, i see several fishies in here putting u in check, u need to respond to their posts as well. I would be interested in seeing what u have to say. LOL

trekker013
Msg: 194
Posted: 12/15/2008 8:42:46 PM
seekingclarity
I'm in unusually good health, fitness and overall appearance for being 50+.
I've taken good care of all the above and since I sunburn easily, have used sunblock which along with good nutrition has kept my skin and face appearing younger than my chronological age. Plus I got a good body from my parents, thanks Mom and Dad! Most people guess I'm about 40 and my level of fitness and the clothing that I wear is about the same as when I was in my early 30's.
I'm active enough that most people 10 years plus or minus my age, male or female, can't keep up with me physically. I've many interests and the mental energy to engage them also tires many people.
There are people in my age bracket who keep up with me and some I have to stretch to keep up with. But overall, people at least 10 years younger than I am are ones I match well with in any activity.

WOW! With a description like that you should really post a pic
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/15/2008 9:57:09 PM
Trekker got a new pic, Trekker got a new pic! :O)
 suepug1122
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/15/2008 11:11:34 PM
Endurance, plain and simple Endurance!!
 seekingclarity
Msg: 197
thanks trekker
Posted: 12/16/2008 3:59:40 AM
but not here at the moment at least for dating, only the forums.
and if I was in the same area you're in, would be flirting with you outrageously.
 trekker013
Msg: 198
thanks trekker
Posted: 12/16/2008 8:16:50 AM
But that's the great thing about the internet.........

.........you don't have to be in the same area to flirt..........

........just send a pic so I can see who I'm flirting with
 trekker013
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/16/2008 8:42:22 AM

Trekker got a new pic, Trekker got a new pic! :O)

Yeah, I wasn't going to post it at first. I'd been partying all night the night before, had no sleep, long boat and van ride to the site and then I climbed to the top of the temple as fast as I could and was sweaty and winded and looked like someone beat me with a baseball bat LOL but then I figured if someone can deal with that look then theoretically I should look better in person. I don't know if that strategy is going to work or not.......
 ncessential
Msg: 200
Posted: 12/16/2008 11:39:05 PM
I would say one reason is alot of older guys do not take care of their appearance. (Not all of them.) But alot of them. And they don't want to have fun!!
 trekker013
Msg: 201
Posted: 12/17/2008 6:03:20 AM
Don't want to have fun?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Being it that statement could be relative; I'll have to ask. What's your idea of fun?
 previouslyme
Msg: 202
Posted: 12/17/2008 10:42:02 AM
Some of the men our age tend to want to sit home and watch a sport on tv and fall asleep.

They don't like to try to plan on something to do with a woman. They just don't have the spunk some of us want in a relationship. I am not saying a man has to want to go out regularly and paint the town with me. But a little change up is great!

The young guys are more persistent with trying to date older women. You say no to a man that is 10 years younger, they keep asking. You say maybe to a man close to your age they vanish. I guess the younger you are proportionately, the more conficence you have. I don't know what it is about the younger men anymore, more tend to want that age gap.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/17/2008 11:09:04 AM
I think what you might be seeing as confidence, Sheila...is ego? LOL

I will stick with the guys my age range, any day....cause their confidence is from wisdom and experience...they have most likely lived the same things I have, already....marriage, divorce, families, re-entering Singledom and knowing they won't settle, etc. Being comfy in their own skin and not being ashamed of being single.
 trekker013
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/17/2008 2:09:51 PM

The young guys are more persistent with trying to date older women. You say no to a man that is 10 years younger, they keep asking. You say maybe to a man close to your age they vanish. I guess the younger you are proportionately, the more conficence you have.

That's not confidence, that's a lack of experience. When you're young you don't care what she says or thinks sometimes, you just figure that if you ask enough she'll break down and give in. Or you'll break down and do something you don't really want to do or be someone you really don't want to be to win her over. As you get older you realize your time is better utilized in the long run finding someone who'll say yes as opposed to spinning your wheels pursuing a maybe or a no.
 previouslyme
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/17/2008 2:41:58 PM
All I know is, it is harder to discourage a younger man than it is for the ones in our target group. I guess they think since we are older we should want them more than we want guys our age. Maybe they are used to women their age and younger giving into their constant "begging".

When I was 30 it was the same way... the 20 year olds wouldn't give up, the 30+ only asked once. Now it is the 20 something till even 40 y.o.s that are persistent. Guess it is the same men and all the ones that are following it... not all as in every single one of you... just all the ones that want an older woman.

whatever0001
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:33:19 PM
(When you're young you don't care what she says or thinks sometimes, you just figure that if you ask enough she'll break down and give in. Or you'll break down and do something you don't really want to do or be someone you really don't want to be to win her over.)

Believe me... it's not just the young guys who do this. It's both sexes and all ages! I am so tired of men who portray themselves one way in the beginnning, eventually get comfortable and their true self comes out. Why can we all just be ourselves, and let the chips fall where they may? That way none of us wastes our time.
 trekker013
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/17/2008 11:50:11 PM

Believe me... it's not just the young guys who do this. It's both sexes and all ages!

True. Some people never learn, don't change, exceptions to the rule, etc. But you'll always get some of that in any situation, etc. regardless. I was making a general reference to a specific situation for the sake of discussion..........

........or something like that LOL
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 217
Posted: 12/19/2008 8:45:27 AM
That personal attack just no was way out of line... and that is all I am going to say on that...
 previouslyme
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:42:54 AM
It is all about chemistry and compatability. Why would anyone from so far away say things they don't know for fact. He has never met any of us. He does not know what any of us truly look like in person. Pictures do not do justice for us. I know for sure one man that his pictures are not very appealing at all!
 previouslyme
Msg: 232
Posted: 12/19/2008 1:58:10 PM
St Louis POF men that have met me... Does my body have anything to hide? The problem is I have too many offers to go out from the younger men because of my body. Other than being taller than average have any of you had any problems with me? If someone likes what they read on my profile, and I like what I read on their's, we just might find out if we can be more than friends.

I would prefer to not have any picture on my profile, but there are too many men that will assume that I am not going to be attractive at all!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >