Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coolcatx
Msg: 109
view profile
History
untrue profilesPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
hi,all i can say is.....wellcome to life!! I genuinely believe that the only person i can trust is myself,and i am the only person who wont let myself down.People lie and cheat online as much as in real life.Some people do it because they are pathological liars,some people do it for fun,and some people and plain evil.There are risks in everything in life.Even getting to know someone,you can later find out they all theyve given you is B.S,(believe me,i know!!).So its up to the individual if they want to take that chance...
 nyled
Msg: 111
untrue profiles
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:18:50 AM
Being untrue in your profile in anyway just shows the character of that person. Online dating is advertising yourself however since its about you, it needs to be real.
 polandsprings
Msg: 112
untrue profiles
Posted: 1/11/2009 7:00:07 AM
This is funny. It is kind of simple in one way.
People will lie to get what they want.
You have the one who is a player, but he or she will be the nicest you met untill they sleep with you.
You will be romanced, wined and dined, sweet talked, and whatever it takes to get you in bed. Once you slept together, your another notch and then gone.
Then you have the "GOOD ONES" and if they find your not connecting, your gone and never to hear from them again.
You have the people who write in their profile "NO GAMES, NO LIARS, NO PLAYERS, NO CHEATERS" etc etc. but yet, they always date them.
Do you think that people will tell you right away they are a cheater and liar? NO!

For all that write the BS to beef up their profile, and say or complain about things and keep going to that exact kind of person. They are only fooling themselves. Let em be.
Its very hard for an old dog to learn a new trick and a leopard will not change it spots for anything in the world.

Just keep trying OP. you will find somene who is REAL.
 Ceridwen
Msg: 115
untrue profiles
Posted: 5/29/2009 11:21:21 PM
The biggest disappointment I've noticed in differences between profiles and real life is guys that claim to be 'nice' and 'decent', but are actually extremely perverted and very rude, heh. Just last night, a guy who was IMing me accused me of being a 'heffer' (his word, not mine, misspelling and all) because I didn't want to meet him in real life the same day I initially contacted him. Such a disappointment :\

And--

The best thing to do is to meet them very soon after the introduction, this way you can avoid the pitfalls of becoming to involved with a fantasy image you have created in your mind by reading too much into their profile.

I actually disagree, I mean yes you shouldn't keep it online only for so long that you lose track of reality, but at the same time, chatting with them a LITTLE bit before the actual meeting gives you a chance to see their inner crazy, if indeed they be so :p
 trailgirl
Msg: 119
untrue profiles
Posted: 6/16/2009 1:59:15 AM

I don't know, I think anyone who partakes in these practices should take stock of their life (or maybe get a life) and figure out why in their mind, it is OK to lie to people.
or deflect their embarrassment whn you calling them on it by telling you what a xxx you are or how you remind them or their recent ex. Some people never learn to be comfortable with who they are. Too too funny!
 chipmunkflash
Msg: 120
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/25/2011 5:31:30 PM
im a single man with a little boy id love to have a girl hope somone love to come on my site
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 121
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/25/2011 6:17:27 PM

im a single man with a little boy id love to have a girl hope somone love to come on my site

LOL
 rec_diver
Msg: 122
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:51:01 PM
^ I don't think he was kidding and he definitely didn't mean it the perverted way you took it.

If you read his profile, you'll see there's absolutely nothing to read between the lines of his post above even though at first glance you might think there is and find a hidden(rather perverted) joke that simply is not there.
 PeneopDreamwevr
Msg: 123
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/26/2011 11:12:09 AM
I have decided to also only b on here for just the forums. I even changed my profile description bcos, I don't care about "dating". I was extremely up front about what I would or wouldn't put up with. My profile pic is very much real, and there r no extreme shots of me. However, i'd still recieve messages from guys who made it obvious what they r lookin for. And to the guys who say they're lookin for genuine sincerity, they do not understand the definition. The crap comes from both genders (as I have read). Happy reading POF-ers!
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 124
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/26/2011 12:59:42 PM
Ppl lie to draw you in, then hope you'll like them when you meet. They are afraid if you know how they really are, they won't even get a 1st meet w/you. If you talked a lot before the meet, they are hoping to have a connection w/you, so you will overlok the fact that their appearance or personality was misleading in their profile. It's useless to lie, pppl are going to find out when they meet you anyways. I've had guys email me who are either lying about their age, or they just look really, really old for their age like 20 years older. A friend of mine met a girl who had a pic w/an infant, when he met her, she was much heavier, in fact she was morbidly obese, & the child was 5 years old. I met a guy who lied about his height, when I met him he was about 5 inches shorter. He also didn't have braces on any of his profile pics, which wouldn't have been so bad, but his breath was rancid, w/ picees of food stuck in his braces, it was a bit revolting. He could have at least brushed his teeth before the date. All he did was talk about his ex, even dumb guys know not to do that. It may seem from their profile that you do have a lot in common, however, when you meet there is no chemistry.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 125
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/26/2011 1:59:52 PM
^ I don't think he was kidding and he definitely didn't mean it the perverted way you took it. ...you'll see there's absolutely nothing to read between the lines of his post above even though at first glance you might think there is and find a hidden(rather perverted) joke that simply is not there.

Umm, read his whole post in this thread, again...

Read between the lines of his post? I can hardly read THE line of his post. The post itself is "simply not there" -- which is what I found amusing. But thank you for pointing out the potentially-interpreted perverted part at the end. :)

May have been a bit mean, but in all seriousness (and I'm not being a grammar or sentence-structure Nazi), he needs to be able to write legibly if he wishes to garner any female interest online.
 Fleuron
Msg: 126
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:47:36 PM
CR:
LOL

rec_diver:
I don't think he was kidding and he definitely didn't mean it the perverted way you took it.

If you read his profile, you'll see there's absolutely nothing to read between the lines of his post above even though at first glance you might think there is and find a hidden(rather perverted) joke that simply is not there.

Really?! Overreact much? Jeez.

What the heck is perverted about “LOL”? Who’s the pervert?
 rec_diver
Msg: 127
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:53:13 PM

What the heck is perverted about “LOL”? Who’s the pervert?

Yeah you got me.

TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 128
untrue profiles
Posted: 12/27/2011 12:27:37 PM

Isn't a profile supposed to give you some insight into who a person is?

Theoretically, it IS supposed to do that.
But, like so many things in our society, it is not always properly used for its intended purpose.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >