Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freetime2bme
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Single mum or single woman?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am a single dad, and if a profile has anything in it about not wanting kids or "no men with kids" I move on. Still I get lots of messages back with "I don't date men with kids". Not a problem I just move on. So why does a woman or a man not want to date some one with kids; less time, less cash, less opertunity for sex, they are all ways bussy just to name a few, so I understand why some women don't want to date men with kids and I am cool with that. Now for some one look for long term (I am not), kids is an even bigger issue and it should be. Since becoming a single dad and I have dated women with kids and women with out kids and finding together time is a lot less dificult with the women with out kids. Lowering standards, not sure you have to do that, but you do have to work around issues that come with being a single parent and you have to understand, some people want nothing to do with kids.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 10
Single mum or single woman?
Posted: 10/17/2008 9:46:44 AM
You should never lower your standards for anyone or anything!
No exeptions!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 4:20:53 PM
Well, if you want another failed relationship then you should look for what you had before. I suggest you forget about pigeon-holing men and just talk to them and if you like someone....If men your age are not on the same page, those that are within 10 years of you are.

Being a parent has raised my standards in a multitude of ways and who I become involved with is at the top of that list. Now, if I make a stupid mistake, it affects not only me so I will not remain in a relationship that I know ultimately is not going to work because life is too short and I would rather be alone than with someeon with whom I am ill-suited.
 qtsoutherngurl
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:32:08 PM
"Do I lower my standards now Im a 'single mum'- "

NO!!! now is the time to raise your standards!!! Hasn't being a parent made you a stronger, smarter, more independent, hardworking and compassionate individual?

Look, there are days when I look back with longing at my single carefree pre-parent days. But I can't see giving up all the ways I've grown since having my daughter. I know I am a better person now so why would I lower my standards?

FYI: I consider going from dating emotionally unavailable or immature arm candy to dating a loving, hardworking guy (even if he's an average joe) to be an upgrade.

DLo!
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2008 4:33:43 PM
I didn't read all the responses but I'd say going out with someone you like is a good idea! ;)
 postup2
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2008 6:31:16 AM
its got to be a hard job balancing the two
 winstemar
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/20/2008 10:25:21 AM
Hi,
As a single mum, I would say to raise the standards and not lower them.
There are plenty of worthy single fathers and single men out there. Don't rush , wait for a compatible companion !! Meanwhile, enjoy a few really nice dates from time to time until somebody catches your attention.

Happy Holidays
J.
 illba
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:39:04 PM
First of all, your beautiful and I am single and I would go out with you in a heart beat. I would even do something as romantic as write you a poem.

My plans for tommorrow

10: am- composing a verse
pondering on you,

12: am- savoring a moment of shakesspeares
creation picturing you,

1:30 pm- Over hearing mozarts
symphoney imagining your presence,

3:oo pm- yearning for a moment on the
phone with you.
 illba
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:40:32 PM
Heres my plans for tommorrow

pondering on you,

creation picturing you,

phone with you.
 illba
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:42:32 PM
Commonsense is common. But your beauty is uncommon.

Here is my plans for tommorrow

pondering on you,

creation picturing you,

phone with you.
 Vixen524
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/31/2008 7:10:10 PM
I have to say this conversation has been interesting. I became a single mother because my son's daddy wouldn't put his son first and didn't like it that I put our son first before even him. We all have our situations and outcomes. I'm not one that is looking for a father for my son nor do I need a man to pay my bills or take care of my family. I am a woman with desires and needs just like all the rest.

My standards have always been pretty high but I made a mistake in thinking my son's daddy had the same high standards. It doesn't matter one way or another if guys like me or not, my son will always come first in my life and I'm independent enough that I can do for us just as well as any man can do for us. If a man/guy is interested in me, I am a package deal and he has to accept that or simply move on. Debate it if you must or want makes no difference but wanted to put my two cents in the pool of opinions.

Now where did I put my fishing pole?
 freetime2bme
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:26:16 AM
Q:"WHERE ARE THE GUYS THAT JUST WANT A FAMILY OF TWO?!!!!!!!!!"

A: Not in the single parent forum.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:42:16 AM
A rethorical question might get you a sarcastic relpy, being in a freee country and all.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:13:17 PM
Q: Sarcasm is contributing to what, exactly?

A: The smile on my face. Nice and big right now too.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >