Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why should I believe in aliens?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mark777771
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Why should I believe in aliens?Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
albvs I believe you worked at the Pentagon. The problem is at these sites anybody can say anything, be whatever they want to be, etc. I am a vet also and had clearance, a very high one and left after one tour of duty. Its a bold statement to say we are not alone. Due to the large number of nutcases on the net and in life people are leary. You and I know that the Government can keep huge secrets for long periods of time. I cant unequivocably say I know aliens exist or we are being visited. You are suggesting they do exist and are here. What do you think is the single best evidence that they do exist?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Why should I believe in aliens?
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:33:33 PM
Thing is, I think if I drove through Washington now they would have cleared out some time ago. Whatever they wanted they got, now they aren't interested in us. So if you do happen to see a ship or something maybe that's a good sign.
 Albvs
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:45:30 PM

I don't believe for a second that you worked at the Pentagon, frankly. 99% of the stuff you've posted on these forums is utterly drivel pseudo-science without any thought for actual real science and a complete lack of understandings of how the whole concept of scientific evidence works.

If it exists, why aren't you out proving it? Go contact Wikileaks or something.

I'm open to anything. That can actually be supported by reliable sources and proven. Show me actual empirical evidence and I will believe you in a hearbeat. Almost everything you post is constructed of abysmal pseudo-science and half baked theorising. None of it holds any weight.

:opening up my folder:
I have my DD-214; my military ID; my dogtags; here's a photo of me looking cool in a leather jacket and there's the comm group logo in the background (must have been around Halloween because there are all kinds of cheesy decorations hung up); a blood donor card (Form 11) from Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center (Lackland); photo of me as a buck sergeant fixing a Teletype; variety of photos of my co-workers; photo of me getting my sergeant rank in a ceremony of some kind; my membership card for Mensa; hella-cool photo of me in Hawaii; me waterskiing...; my passport issued in Washington, D.C.; my volksmarch cards from Germany... Any of this interest you?

Form DD-214 "Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty"
Line 7 (Last Duty Assignment and Major Command) says... "7 CG (AFCC)
Line 8 (Station where separated) says... "THE PENTAGON, WASHINGTON DC"

If I provide a scan of that document (redacted to hide my name, SSN, DOB and Mailing Address) would you be satisfied? I'm guessing you wouldn't. You don't WANT me to be real. You want me to be a fake so that you can be right.
 Luthion
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:47:22 PM
Does this document actually show *proof* of aliens? I honestly couldn't care where you worked anyway if you can't even prove a single claim you're making.

Why were you discharged?

I never said you weren't real. I simply said you're a hack. Show me actual empirical evidence of your wild, ludicrous, pseudo-scientific assumptions and I will happily believe you.
 mark777771
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:05:39 PM
sts 48 is fascinating. Of course Nasa explained it away as ice particles being blown away by the engines of the craft. lol Interesting ice particles huh?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:15:35 PM
what does any of that prove, other than someone can use Google ?.. hundreds of thousands of people have "worked at the Pentagon" _ I bet lots wouldn't think there are aliens. it might be better to try to impress/wow people in real life than on the internet? (though it may be somewhat more difficult) just a friendly tip, better for mental health & social life

"Google it" what a challenge, maybe you just reverse-Googled to give those numbers/forms/rankings?

my bud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_gates

a copy of the application form I used when joining the Israeli Shin Bet security force: (details blanked out for security reasons)

http://www.shabak.gov.il/SiteCollectionImages/%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%9D/forms/security-matching.pdf

Cdn. one, ditto:

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/330-60-eng.pdf

I've met so many BS artists in my life.
 Albvs
Msg: 232
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:19:27 PM

albvs I believe you worked at the Pentagon.

Coolness.

The problem is at these sites anybody can say anything, be whatever they want to be, etc.

Yep. And as they say, "the guilty dog barks the loudest". It's usually the guys who heckle the worst who carry guilt because they're lying in their own profiles, for example. They probably reason that if they routinely lie then others do as well.

I am a vet also and had clearance, a very high one and left after one tour of duty.

I signed up for six and got my two stripes out of Basic Training. Same here, I left after one enlistment.

Its a bold statement to say we are not alone. Due to the large number of nutcases on the net and in life people are leary. You and I know that the Government can keep huge secrets for long periods of time.

I totally agree. Anonymity makes people say things and feel like they can get away with almost anything. So what is our take-away lesson? We have to weigh what we're hearing against our own internal bullshit detectors. Most of the time we just dismiss what we're hearing and move on. And then once in a while you get some clown like me on the Internet who is undaunted by criticism. He simply plods on and provides additional information. It doesn't bother me that people don't want to believe someone on the Internet--it's human nature.

I cant unequivocably say I know aliens exist or we are being visited. You are suggesting they do exist and are here. What do you think is the single best evidence that they do exist?

Hm... I'm thinking about that. I'd like to dredge up something compelling...

The most compelling evidence is something you can hold in your hands or see with your own eyes. Once in your hands you'd have to be free to completely evaluate it, perhaps with a microscope. I don't have anything like that with respect to aliens.

Perhaps the worst evidence is anecdotal, something that someone else claims to have held in their hands or seen with their own eyes. Although this might work to alter my own belief system, I couldn't use that to convince you.

I made an argument earlier based upon statistics but I'd have to track down that earlier thread. If there are a quintillion planets out there and several billions of years' of progress BEFORE our planet was created then it stands to reason that we're not the only intelligent ones around nor are we the smartest.

Imagine if we were to have a meeting with a collection of people from : 100 years ago, 500 years ago, 1000 years ago and 10,000 years ago. What's the minimum separation in years before we would start to seem like gods to our predecessors? Can you even wrap your mind around how much more advanced someone would be if they got a billion-year jump on us evolution-wise? If we pulled out a cellphone and started having a conversation wouldn't the person from 500 years ago assume that we're in league with the devil, perhaps?

So I think perhaps the best tactic would be to use statistics and to suggest that the time scale alone almost demands that there be aliens.
 Luthion
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:25:15 PM
I'll take that as a no.

He simply plods on and provides additional information. It doesn't bother me that people don't want to believe someone on the Internet.

We will happily believe you when you can actually provide even the most basic amount of proof to your claims.
 Albvs
Msg: 234
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:27:19 PM

sts 48 is fascinating.

That's pretty cool.
 Luthion
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:30:26 PM
You didn't answer the questions.
 mark777771
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:30:49 PM
I did my training in Pensacola
 Soul Union
Msg: 237
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:35:38 PM

You didn't answer the questions. --- luthion

You don't answer - anything.

Neither do you offer any 'evidence' of any kind or present any credible argument.

You just heckle and titter and hope that your charm will get you through and that everyone will agree with your non-statements.

I don't. Titter, titter.

Why don't you get a job at the White House in the House Un-Believers Activities Committee or something?

- Peter
 Albvs
Msg: 238
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:36:40 PM

I've met so many BS artists in my life.

Yes, but my photos match me. If I wanted to be a fake dater, wouldn't I use somebody else's photo who's more handsome than myself?

Someone once accused Abraham Lincoln of being two-faced. He answered "If I had another face, wouldn't I go out in public wearing that one?" ha

Oh and btw, I'm not trying to prove anything to you. I already know what you are.

I'm proud of who I am. I like how my brain works. I'm confident because I've self-actualized. Literally nothing you say will have any effect on me. Why not? Because I've lived a great life so far. If I were a lesser man I myself might be on here heckling someone on a dating site's forum. See how logic works? Everybody sees you for what you are. And they'll eventually come to accept that I'm who I've said that I am.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:47:28 PM
Proof hmm. Are you sure you really want it? Coz it would prove I'm telepathic too. Anyways...

Go outside on the 23rd of March, 2013. Look up. Watch the sky in the early evening depending where you live in the continental United States (north/south America)
 Luthion
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:48:59 PM
@Peter

Your entire post makes absolutely no sense. Science is not intended to prove that things don't exist. It's purpose is to provide evidence based proof that something does.

The burden of proof lies with the accused to support their concepts using empirical evidence.

@Russ, and this will prove that alien life has visited our planet... how exactly?

Here's a little FACT for you, since people in this thread seem to like those so much. People only started reporting UFO sightings after science fiction media started popularising the idea, and the vast majority of them stem almost entirely from the US. Gotta love all them convenient coincidences, eh?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:02:41 PM

Here's a little FACT for you, since people in this thread seem to like those so much. People only started reporting UFO sightings after science fiction media started popularising the idea, and the vast majority of them stem almost entirely from the US. Gotta love all them convenient coincidences, eh?

Couldn't pass on this one. lol
Noway it started there but that is a good example of capitalizing on it. Totally ignoring cave paintings and Egyptian wall art etc etc. Hell, the Boogeyman has been around since Adam and Eve mate :)

Idea. You know how slow a jet appears to be travelling from the ground even at 400mph right. Just watch. You'll see clearly these guys are over 3 miles up doing speeds we can't even touch with the shuttle. And turning in loops and nonsense that can only be a display of love toward us mere mortals.
 ajmismyname
Msg: 242
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:41:36 PM
Instead of why should you believe in aliens, it should be why should you not believe in the possibility? Considering the incredible vastness that we have barely probed, our universe could hold untold civilizations and wonders. You view on what aliens are and how they would have contacted us is to narrow and limiting, discounting numerous other possibilities.
 Albvs
Msg: 243
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:50:52 PM
Here are some photos taken of the pictographs and hieroglyphics inside the Pyramid of Saqqara.

http://s13.beta.photobucket.com/user/top-titles/media/d0e27408.jpg.html
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g6iEL_kp8ck/TTcjNbZvSII/AAAAAAAAAbg/dQZOUAzgLSw/s1600/aliens.jpg

And the Temple of Osiris:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g6iEL_kp8ck/TTMYouD1V-I/AAAAAAAAAa0/D04UFWbnzUs/s1600/abydos1.gif
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g6iEL_kp8ck/TTMZQ3SNfFI/AAAAAAAAAa4/W18Gnm9TW1U/s320/abydos10.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g6iEL_kp8ck/TTMPobs0mBI/AAAAAAAAAaw/l-ZxU_10hMw/s1600/abydos+hel2.jpg
 Albvs
Msg: 244
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:53:14 PM

I did my training in Pensacola

Better than Texas.
 Albvs
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/12/2013 5:15:22 PM
A pyramid and giant skeletons found in Wisconsin in May 1912.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/01/18-giant-skeletons-and-pyramids-found-in-wisconsin-2541906.html

Their heights ranged between 7.6ft and 10 feet and their skulls "presumably those of men, are much larger than the heads of any race which inhabit America to-day." They tend to have a double row of teeth, 6 fingers, 6 toes and like humans came in differant races. The teeth in the front of the jaw are regular molars. Heads usually found are elongated believed due to longer than normal life span.

Sources:
Anon. “Strange Skeletons Found: Indications that Tribe Hitherto Unknown Once Lived In Wisconsin,” New York Times, 4 May 1912
Anon. “The Wisconsin Mounds: Interesting Relics of Pre-Historic Civilization” New York Times, 10 August 1891
Burlington News, “The Princess of Aztalan” (Photos), Mound Builders page
Dahly, Terje “Old Newspapers Are Serious About Giant Skeletons” from the “Giants: Did They Live?” website
Deloria Jr., Vine. Red Earth, White Lies: Native Americans and the Myth of Scientific Fact (Fulcrum Publications, 1997)
Hamilton, Ross. “A Holocaust of Giants: The Great Smithsonian Cover-Up” Xpeditions Magazine website.
Sutherland, Mary. “Giants . . . Giants . . . Giants . . . Giants” A Big Page About Giants, BUFO Radio / Burlington News website
Unknown. “Greater Humans” page. Greater Ancestors World Museum website
Wikipedia, “Aztalan State Park” Wisconsin
 Albvs
Msg: 246
Posted: 3/12/2013 5:20:23 PM
A variety of old articles ran in newspapers in different parts of the country regarding giant skeletons found: California, Ohio, Oregon, Alaska, New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas.

http://gianthumanskeletons.blogspot.com/p/giant-human-remains-found-along.html
 Soul Union
Msg: 247
Posted: 3/12/2013 6:31:59 PM
A variety of old articles ran in newspapers in different parts of the country regarding giant skeletons found: California, Ohio, Oregon, Alaska, New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas. --- Albvs

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

[Genesis 6:4]

- Peter
 looking4her2335
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/12/2013 6:46:40 PM
In reply to the claims that there are "alien" heiroglyphics, or a pitctogram of a helo, its sillyness. The alien head pictures you poster were clearly taken out of context.
http://www.catchpenny.org/images/alien1.gif
Take a look at the above, and tell me where you see an alien. I see a lotus flower guy. Of course, the photos you referenced don't look anything like a lotus flower, nor do they show the entire scene. Interesting. I wonder why that'd be. Seems like a instance of Pareidolia. I don't know if the people whom you got these pictures from are being dishonest on purpose, but its far from an alien. Nice try though.

And the helo...really? Really? This would be like the aliens using super sophisticated, vehicles with the ability for interstellar travel...clearly highly advanced, and then using a motorcycle to travel around Egypt. What are aliens doing using helicopters? Another instance of pareidolia. Clearly the result of retouched hieroglypics, which was common. C'mon dude. This is some sorry stuff...
 looking4her2335
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/12/2013 7:03:24 PM
In reguards to "giants"...where are the skeletons? Where are the remains? I see drawings of them, but where are they housed? Who is researching them? Have there been peer reviewed articles about investigations into these giant remains?

Before you go claiming that this stuff was shoved under the rug by mainstream science, and not taught in "institutional learning facilites" as many people who reply to articles of this nature, why would science shy away from investigating giant skeletons? Whats more likely, that its a conspiricy of giant proportions to keep the remains hidden, which obviously failed if all of these news articles are as reputable as you'd have us believe, or is a hoax?

Lets keep it real. Its a hoax.
 looking4her2335
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/12/2013 7:18:24 PM

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

[Genesis 6:4]

Uh huh. Genesis is full of silly claims. Like Noah's ark, and this little diddy here...

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
[Genesis 3:1]

Goodness gracious, the book of genesis is definately not a reputable source when it comes to discussing things that could be factually accurate. Talking snakes, worldwide floods, giant wooden boats responsible for the repopulation of all life on earth, men attempting to show their devotion to a god by killing their kid...it borders on insanity.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why should I believe in aliens?