Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why should I believe in aliens?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mark777771
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Why should I believe in aliens?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Makes you wonder when astronauts, pilots, and presidents come forward and say clearly and publically they have witnessed ufo's.
 Albvs
Msg: 102
Why should I believe in aliens?
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:26:30 AM

I remain skeptical.

Please do.

The world is populated by people who persist in believing that angels and demons exist. Ask them where the angels live and they will point up. Ask them where the devils/demons exist and they will point down. You would think that with an ever-growing knowledge of science that belief in religion would have died out by now. Obviously, it hasn't. I don't believe it hasn't (died out) because people are stupid/gullible; I believe it hasn't died out because people are essentially being sold on the concept on a daily basis. Some of this salesmanship is done in the expected way, by other religious people. And--I would suggest--the bulk of that selling is done telepathically in such a way that you'd confuse it for the voice of your conscience.
 Soul Union
Msg: 103
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:53:22 PM
The world is populated by people who persist in believing that angels and demons exist. Ask them where the angels live and they will point up. Ask them where the devils/demons exist and they will point down. You would think that with an ever-growing knowledge of science that belief in religion would have died out by now. Obviously, it hasn't. I don't believe it hasn't (died out) because people are stupid/gullible; I believe it hasn't died out because people are essentially being sold on the concept on a daily basis. Some of this salesmanship is done in the expected way, by other religious people. And--I would suggest--the bulk of that selling is done telepathically in such a way that you'd confuse it for the voice of your conscience. --- Albvs

There is a retired American military officer by the name of Robert (Bob) Dean. He is 80 years old now. Bob is what is known as a whistleblower, someone who spills his guts and tells the world what he knows. He is fearless, a man cast in heroic mould, in my opinion.

If anyone is interested, please see his documentaries or at least the documentaries in which he has given talks. It will open your eyes, wide open.

Bob is one of those rare and sincere 'wise' men, the type of man you'd wish was in the White House, instead of those lying, cheating, adulterous vermin we are accustomed to now, who are pulling America, and its allies, into the gutter, who are trying to destroy the West in a hurry.

In order to understand why this is happening, you need to understand who pulls the strings in society. Bob Dean and his colleagues - including physicist Stanton Friedman and other UFO researchers - will put you in the picture.

Things are not what they seem, my friends. To say that we are not being told the truth is probably the greatest understatement of the last thousand years. America, for example, is not being governed by Americans. It looks that way, but it's not the case. I will say no more. There is enough ridicule on this site to last a lifetime without me begging for it from the armchair experts.

Let me tell you that an in-depth study by the US military in the Sixties, participated in by Bob Dean and his colleagues, shows that there are "about 57 alien races" who have visited this planet, some of whom are still here. There are, too, at least 18 'sub-species' of Greys alone. And then you've got the Tall Whites, as described by retired American Airforceman Charles Hall, who is sharing his experiences of them at Nellis Air Force Base [1965-66].

Hall has described these beings as tall -- ranging upwards of 6 to 7 feet in height -- and quite thin and frail. The skin colour is chalk white. They are physically different from us in several noticeable ways, yet the most important physical aspect is that they are humanoid, a fact that is filled with significance.

Their lifespan is about ten times ours. They do not age as we do, but after around 400 earth years they undergo a second stage of growth, eventually reaching around nine feet in height. They die of organ failure at an age of approximately 800 years.

The Tall Whites have a physical form similar to ours in all gross aspects. That is, they are upright bipedal vertebrates; they have human-like faces, etc. With suitable clothing, they can and do pass as humans during well-guarded forays into Las Vegas. [Bob Dean mentions this in his talks, how similar these beings, and other aliens, look like us. This should give you a clue.]

Normal speech sounds "like a dog barking or a meadowlark singing." However, some Tall Whites can mimic human speech and in fact carry on normal conversations with humans. Some have demonstrated an ability to imitate specific humans so well that the imitation cannot be detected when used over a telephone.

"There was a pattern of confrontations with our personnel, in which panic led to injury and death of our soldiers. These beings are all well-armed, and they can and do kill, sometimes at the tiniest provocation. They react and move much more rapidly than humans can, so if they decide you have threatened them, you may be cut down and bleeding without having even been warned.

"Every Tall White adult carries a pencil-like weapon that can be set to stun, kill, immobilize, or "hypnotize" humans. It can also administer severe pain, and they frequently use it to discipline people who act in ways that annoy, frighten or endanger them. The weapon's actions and effects are accomplished by varying the frequency of focused microwaves to interact with specific ions in the human body."

Although they can be friendly, they are at times arrogant and insulting. They appear to be sensitive to our social structures (our classes), for example cultivating relations with high-ranking military officials, some of whom were often seen working with them, while holding lesser-ranking persons in disdain. Hall got along with them by letting them treat him as their 'pet,' a term they used in his presence.

In time, the term 'Teacher's Pet' became Hall's code name that was respected among the ETs and the ranking military who were aware of his activities. He was selected by 'both governments' to function as the point man in a pilot programme to explore paths of cultural acclimatization between the Tall Whites and ourselves. Because of everyone's tendency to panic, and the ETs to strike with their weapons, Hall was awarded commendations for the rare bravery that he exhibited during this period.

The Tall White group at Nellis have family structures, not unlike our extended families. They often point out family members -- uncles and cousins, etc -- who are living and working with them on the Nellis Base. They seem to care greatly for their children, who are growing up and being educated out there in the sagebrush.

When asked where they came from, they would usually evade the question by reminding him [Charles Hall] that he would not recognize the name of the place if he heard them speak it.

This is disingenuous as they well knew that we had our own names for many celestial objects and they could use them as well as they could communicate anything else in English to Hall. Typically they would laugh among themselves (in their barking way) whenever they threw this response to Charles -- their little joke on him. Charles wisely refrained from protesting.

In fact, they treated such topics as being what we would call 'sensitive.' However, Hall, via the telepathic link they often established with him, was able to perceive that the star Arcturus or something close to Arcturus is very important to them.

Their ultimate home may be somewhere else. In recent correspondence, Hall stated:

"I was never able to determine which star the Tall Whites called their home star. However, my best guess was a star that is roughly 105 light years away."

Hall's 'best guess' was most likely an excellent guess, as he had been able to figure out their route transit times from very careful observations of the different craft and their schedules.

The date of their establishing the present Earth base location is ambiguous. Hall received mental imagery suggesting they knew the area prior to the arrival of European-Americans. Furthermore, one of them suggested she had arrived here during the administration of our President Madison. However the various bunkers and interior spaces that Hall observed looked as though they had been built for the Tall Whites by US construction firms some time in the 1950s.

Hall was led to believe that they use their Earth base as a sort of waystation along lengthy interstellar travel routes, as though this were the only intermediate station for them. As Hall puts it, our solar system lies in the middle of a large open space that the Tall Whites must traverse between their home location and a certain distant destination.

Things are not what they seem, and the increasing 'sightings' all over the world, UFOs and other alien phenomena, are merely a prelude to what is coming, a kind of desensitization to accustom us to what lies ahead.

Project Blue Beam will capitalize on the increased sightings across the world. Project Blue Beam does not have humanity's best interests at heart, and that's putting it mildly.

Best wishes
- Peter
 mark777771
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:53:40 PM
Well, numerous people have come forward and risked public ridicule and stated emphatically that they have seen ufo's that werent man made. These people are not mentally ill. Some may be making some money off books and what not however most arent. You have to ask yourself this question, why would they risk their career reputation and in a lot of cases being ostracized unless this happened. Furthermore, numerous people with crypto clearances and top secret clearances have stated we are not alone. Im not completely sold however a lot folks have come forward who are.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:18:32 PM
And we all know only drunk people make fun of other people. I guess that rules out drunk aliens. Or does it? What gets an alien drunk? Maybe they get off on Earthlings confusion or passions, or fear. Lots of maybes.

The science and logic predicts they must be there if not here. If not here, why not? Doesn't add up. They came, they saw, they sold the rights to the celestial encyclopedia. (we are so screwed)
 Soul Union
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:03:11 PM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. --- Jeffrey65802

No, the problem is our excruciatingly narrow worldview, and what we have been taught must be right, even though we are constantly discovering that what we thought was right is, in fact, very wrong. Christopher Columbus’ discovery that the world was not flat (even though the Bible told us long before Columbus that the world was spherical, not flat) made no difference to the Flat Earth Society. They chose to believe what they wanted to believe.

David Icke says: “The chasm between what we are told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous.” I agree with David. In fact, I applaud individuals like him -- like Bob Dean and Charles Hall and Stanton Friedman, to name only a few -- who have the audacity to challenge our accepted, albeit flawed, worldview. Georgy Grechko, a former Soviet cosmonaut, said: “If I were free to tell what we have experienced in space, the world would be astounded.” Astounded is putting it mildly.

We on this planet, with our increasing violence, our television programmes dripping with murder and rape and torture, living on this seething rock infested with wars and conflict, think that this is normal. When will the sons and daughters of the Western nations attack Iran, an independent, sovereign state, for Israel? When will the RIFD microchip be implanted into humans? When will the US government declare martial law on its citizens? When will we lose our remaining freedoms altogether? All these are definitely on the horizon, and we take this as ‘normal’?

We’ve got all this on top of everything else – illegal immigration; government drug-running; child prostitution; sending our precious jobs to communist China and Asia (‘outsourcing,’ they call it); the destruction of our culture; increasing school massacres; Aids, mad cow disease, ebola, bird flu, ad nauseam. And we think we’re just ‘great’ down here – ever so cool. Frankly, I think we are a joke -- primitive. We are a spectacle and no mistake.

And yet, in our ‘coolness,’ the thought of extraterrestrial life, in other words life simply not from our planet, seems confusing to some people? It blows their minds. They cannot handle it. We are a mere speck of dust in a galaxy of millions of galaxies, and here we, saying that life from other galaxies cannot be.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.” -- Albert Einstein

Peter
 Ford_Galaxie
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:28:52 AM
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Keep in mind that a "Conspiracy Theorists" only credentials are that mommy bought him a computer and an ISP account. There's many people out there looking for their 15 minute claim to fame- they need that attention to fill the insignificance in their lives. Modern US society loves to obfuscate drama for fact- these people all like to claim the "cover up" copout. So prove to me that there was a coverup! Cite your source. Whats his or her credentials? Has his or her "works" been peer reviewed?

There is no "proof" that there is intelligent life in this universe. It's difficult to find on this planet. However, there is also no proof that there isn't anywhere else in this universe. The sheer volume of the universe does make it plausible, and most importantly the sheer volume of the universe also means that we are are very insignificant and live in a very fragile world- whether there is life "out there" or not.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:01:26 AM

Nope, this is the misunderstanding. Microbe were discovered on a sample brought back from mars by Viking. But then they realised those were perfectly know earthling microbes, who came on the sample after it was brought back from Mars.

There have been NO sample return missions to Mars. One was planned, but never executed.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:05:23 AM
For a moment I am going to consider that there are No aliens, nada. That we are the sole higher lifeform in this galaxy. That's a lot of real estate. If the powers that be, the wealthiest of the wealthy knew that, they would be exploiting it. I would. My sole purpose would be interstellar exploration technology development. All this worlds wars, woes, drug problems, ennui would evaporate over night in the boom to get out there safely.
 Albvs
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:21:50 AM

Keep in mind that a "Conspiracy Theorists" only credentials are that mommy bought him a computer and an ISP account.

My mother didn't buy me a computer, I bought it myself. And no, she didn't buy me an ISP connection either.

Likewise I would ask "So what are the only credentials of a heckler like yourself then?"

And why exactly do I owe you anything? Would you like to pay me for the time and effort to create hours worth of information that you won't read anyway? Even if I did write a book on the subject then you'd dismiss it as just a money-making scheme. See how the heckler works? You get to dismiss anything that you don't agree with by being close-minded. And you hope to convince everyone else that I'm wrong and that they should believe you instead.

Seriously, don't believe in aliens. I don't want you to. You're not really ready to anyway. Believe in America and your government. Believe in the two-party system of elections. Believe in the value of the currency that's in your wallet now. Believe in the power of a dating site to fix you up with someone honest and pretty and who lives close to you. Believe in the news you see on television.

But think about it. Did you force everyone else you deal with to cite their references, prove their credentials and have the news "peer-reviewed"? No, you didn't. And why not? Because you believed in what they told you before it was told.
 Albvs
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:23:20 AM

That's an extraordinary claim. Do you have extraordinary evidence?

Not for you, no.
 jed456
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:41:34 AM
David Icke says: “The chasm between what we are told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous.” I agree with David. In fact, I applaud individuals like him -- like Bob Dean and Charles Hall and Stanton Friedman, to name only a few -- who have the audacity to challenge our accepted, albeit flawed, worldview. Georgy Grechko, a former Soviet cosmonaut, said: “If I were free to tell what we have experienced in space, the world would be astounded.” Astounded is putting it mildly.

Ahh yes the conspiracy nutter Icke known for the shape shifting reptilians. Bob dean taking from another bizarro page

I'm not paranoid. I just pay attention.
Retired Command Sergeant Major Robert Dean

When we met with Bob Dean in May 2007 [see below], he stated that ours would be his last interview. After its publication, we received more mail - all of it generous and appreciative, without exception - than for any other interview we have ever done. We were therefore quite delighted when he agreed to talk with us on record once again.

When we asked Bob what he wanted to discuss, he told us that he had important news, from his own inside sources, about Nibiru: the highly controversial Planet X. This video contains extremely important information for all students of Planet X to consider.

True to form, Bob recounts other intriguing stories, including the NRO's classified discovery of "a goddamn boat" high on Mount Ararat, and confirmation of Henry Deacon's report that the Anunnaki are active on present-day Mars. His humanity, his dignity, his integrity and his humor all shine once again in this new video, and we are very confident that everyone who so enjoyed Bob's 2007 interview with us will find this just as entertaining, interesting, and valuable.

And Stanton Friedman who many times sound's rational and sane until http://www.hourofthetime.com/majestic.htm

Majestic 12 was proven to be fake. I ask anyone on POF to go to David Ickes website or bob deans and make your own conclusions!
 jed456
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:44:05 AM
Do I believe there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe I do. But not from conspiracy websites!!!!!!!
 Albvs
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:39:30 PM

Majestic 12 was proven to be fake.

Says who? Remember, I worked at the Pentagon.

http://www.google.com/search?q=majestic+12+documents&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5XkqUcrMG6T7iwKpjoCQBg&sqi=2&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=931&bih=567

I can tell you from experience that this paper was printed on a badly-adjusted Teletypewriter. Are you suggesting that whoever faked this bought a vintage surplus Teletype? You're not making sense.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/staff/simongray/mj12large1e.jpg
 jed456
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:58:42 PM
The New Bogus Majestic-12 Documents

Tweet

Special Report
Philip J. Klass
Volume 24.3, May / June 2000

The new crashed-saucer documents, like their 1987 predecessors, are riddled with flaws.

“Majestic Twelve"-better known as “MJ-12"-first achieved international fame in the world of UFOlogy in mid-1987. It was then that UFOlogist William L. Moore and two associates made public three (purportedly) “Top Secret” documents which indicated that President Harry Truman had created a super-secret MJ-12 group forty years earlier to deal with extraterrestrial (ET) visitors. Truman’s (alleged) action was prompted by an alleged crashed-ET craft that had been covertly recovered near Roswell in mid-1947.

The Roswell crashed-saucer claim had been the centerpiece of a book published seven years earlier (1980) which Moore had coauthored with Charles Berlitz. (Berlitz previously authored a book describing the “mysterious dangers” of the Bermuda Triangle.)

Recently, a large batch of additional “Top Secret Majestic Documents” have emerged, provided by another UFOlogist named Tim Cooper, who claims he obtained them from several covert sources. Their authenticity has been endorsed by Robert Wood, a respected, retired McDonnell Douglas scientist and his son Ryan. (Wood is a member of the nine-person Executive Council of Peter Sturrock’s Society for Scientific Exploration.) Based on the Woods’ assessment, wealthy Silicon Valley software expert Joe Firmage, who recently revealed his conviction that some UFOs are extraterrestrial visitors, also endorsed Cooper’s documents in mid-1999.

However, on November 25 the International Space Sciences Organization (ISSO), which Firmage recently created to pursue his UFO interests, issued a statement that “ongoing research indicates that many, possibly all, the so-called MJ-12 UFO documents were officially fabricated as instruments of U.S. covert psychological warfare . . .” (emphasis added). This is ridiculous! The new Cooper documents, like their 1987 predecessors, are so riddled with flaws that they could never fool Soviet or Chinese intelligence experts. Even some long-time pro-UFOlogists have denounced them as obvious counterfeits.

One of the original MJ-12 documents released by Moore and his two partners (UFO lecturer Stanton Friedman and TV producer Jaime Shandera) purported to be a memo from President Truman to Defense Secretary James Forrestal, dated September 24, 1947, which authorized the creation of the MJ-12 group. My investigation revealed that the Truman signature was a pasted-on photocopy of a genuine signature-including accidental scratch marks-from a memo that Truman wrote to Vannevar Bush on October 1, 1947 (see “New evidence of MJ-12 hoax,” SI 14[2], Winter 1990).

A second MJ-12 document released by Moore et al. purported to be a November 18, 1952, briefing for President-elect Eisenhower, prepared by Rear Admiral R.H. Hillenkoetter, who had been director of the CIA and, purportedly, was now head of MJ-12. There were numerous flaws in the “Eisenhower Briefing Document” (EBD), the most obvious being its reference to the (bogus) Truman memo of September 24, 1947.

Further, the EBD repeatedly used a very unusual date-format-a hybrid combination of civil and military formats with a superfluous comma, i.e., 18 November, 1952. This unusual hybrid date-format was one repeatedly used by William L. Moore in his personal letters - until I pointed out this “curious coincidence” in my first article debunking the original MJ-12 papers (see SI 12[2], Winter 1987-1988). The third of the MJ-12 documents made public by Moore et al. in mid-1987 purported to be a brief memo, dated July 14, 1954, from Robert Cutler to USAF Chief of Staff General Twining informing him of change of date to brief the President on the "MJ-12 Special Studies Project.” Investigation revealed that on the date that Cutler allegedly wrote the memo, he was out of the country. Moore claimed that he and Shandera had found the Cutler memo in an unlikely location when they visited the National Archives. The memo, which had been double-folded, could easily have been carried into the Archives in Moore’s or Shandera’s coat pocket. Less than two years before Moore made public the initial MJ-12 papers-on April 16, 1983-he had confided to then-close friend and UFOlogist Brad Sparks that he was contemplating creating and releasing some hoax Top Secret documents-as first revealed in the March 1997 issue of my Skeptics UFO Newsletter. Moore explained to Sparks that he hoped such bogus documents would encourage former military and intelligence officials who knew about the government’s (alleged) UFO coverup to break their oaths of secrecy. Sparks strongly recommended against the idea.

It was not until nearly seven years after release of the original MJ-12 documents that a new “MJ-12 document” surfaced on March 14, 1994. On that date, Don Berliner, a long-time pro-UFOlogist, received in the mail an undeveloped roll of 35 mm film from an anonymous source. When the film was processed, Berliner found photos of what purported to be copies of pages from a “Top Secret/MAJIC/Eyes Only” special operations manual (SOM 1-01) intended to inform military crews how to recover crashed saucers and their ET crews. SOM 1-01, purportedly printed in April 1954, contains many flaws. For example, it stated that crashed ET craft should be sent to “Area 51 S-4” in Nevada. But that portion of Nellis Air Force Base was not given the name “Area 51” until several years after SOM 1-01 allegedly was printed.

As a result of numerous flaws in SOM 1-01, a statement denouncing it as counterfeit was released on March 14, 1999. It was signed by Berliner and several other prominent pro-UFOlogists. By this time, a new batch of more than a dozen Majestic documents obtained from Tim Cooper had recently been made public by Robert Wood and his son Ryan at a UFO conference in Connecticut. They had strongly endorsed the authenticity of the documents, although Wood admitted that there were flaws in them. But he claimed that these anomalies “tend to indicate authenticity. . . . [Document] hoaxers generally try to make sure they are perfect.”

No mention was made by Wood that his long-time good friend, UFO lecturer Friedman - who remains one of the staunchest supporters of the original MJ-12 documents - had earlier investigated several of Cooper’s documents and concluded that at least one was counterfeit. Friedman had reported his findings and suspicions about other Cooper documents in his book Top Secret/MAJIC, published three years earlier.

British UFOlogist Timothy Good, who in 1987 had strongly endorsed the authenticity of the original MJ-12 documents in his best-selling pro-UFO book Above Top Secret, has more recently characterized them as bogus, largely on the basis of the phony signature on the Truman memo of September 24, 1947. But in the early 1990s, prior to Good’s disavowal of the original MJ-12 papers, he began to receive some of the “new” Majestic documents from Cooper.

Good’s suspicions about the new Cooper documents were aroused by some factual anomalies in their content. More important, Good noted that mechanical flaws in the typewriter Cooper had used to write two letters on October 4 and October 7, 1991, resembled those of the typewriter used for one of his Majestic documents, allegedly typed in 1952. At my request, Good provided me with copies of Cooper’s two letters for analysis.

Cooper’s two 1991 letters to Good not only had the same typeface as the (purported) 1952 Top Secret MJ-12 Annual Report, but more importantly the upper-case (capital) G and N were slightly elevated relative to the adjacent lower-case letters. However, an experienced questioned document examiner informed me that it was conceivable, though unlikely, that both Cooper and the 1952 document typist might have failed to depress the “shift key” to its lowest possible position when typing G and N.

Figure 1. “Elevated 8” in Cooper’s letters and in one of his “MJ-12 documents.”

Top: Cooper’s letters of October 4 and 7, 1991 (enlarged slightly)

Bottom: From Cooper’s “MJ-12 Annual Report" rdquo; (enlarged slightly)

However, both Cooper’s letters and the 1952 document also have an “elevated 8"-which does not require the use of the typewriter’s shift-key (see figure 1). This curious coincidence was reported in the November 1999 issue of Skeptics UFO Newsletter, a copy of which was provided to Wood. His response of December 13 (via e-mail) was: “The question is whether that ["elevated-8"] is a characteristic of that typewriter design as distinguished from any particular machine serial number. We need other examples from the same typewriter design and I would hope to find some.”

In other words, Wood suggests that this mechanical flaw was a possible uncorrected characteristic of all of the typewriters produced by this manufacturer for at least several decades. Nothing further has been heard from Wood on this key issue since mid-December 1999.

Meanwhile, Tim Cooper posted a lengthy treatise on the Internet on December 30, offering his assessment of his “new Majestic documents.” Highlights of Cooper’s views are quoted below:

The question of whether they [Cooper’s documents] are genuine, authentic, or real is not the issue here. The important point . . . is the information contained in the documents themselves. . . . In my own humble opinion, the Majestic documents are basically reliable as far as content is concerned with the exception of the questionable hypothesis that there are other intelligent, thinking, machine building cultures visiting planet earth on a regular, day to day basis [emphasis added].

Yet the opening page of the Web site that the Woods have created to promote MJ-12 states: “The Majestic Documents: Evidence That We Are Not Alone. Curious about the documentary record of military and government participation with UFOs, wreckage retrieval, and extraterrestrials? This site is all about it! The documents, the forensics, the military and intelligence history, and stunning validating evidence. Join us on a journey into the beyond Top Secret world that a government cabal has been hiding since 1941." rdquo; (One of Cooper’s documents claims a crashed saucer was recovered in the spring of 1941 near Cape Girardeau, Missouri, six years before the alleged Roswell Incident. If true, the Eisenhower Briefing Document completely forgot to mention this historic event.)
Philip J. Klass

Phil Klass was a UFO researcher with a background in electrical engineering. He was author of seven books on UFOs, including UFOs Explained and UFO Abductions: A Dangerous Game. He was also editor of the SUN newsletter, a UFO-related publication.

Some more interesting facts The MJ-12 papers soon began to take a severe battering from the skeptics. The typewriter that was used to type the Truman "Executive Order" of 1947 was deemed a Smith-Corona model that had not been manufactured until 1963. The signature on the memorandum had apparently been photocopied from an unrelated letter from Truman to Vannevar Bush written on 1 October 1947. And other anomalies were noted and published in the various media. The documents, apparently, were fake
 jed456
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 1:02:48 PM
If you did in fact work at the pentagon where is your proof documents,letter's photos?
 jed456
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 2:26:24 PM
Aside from the suspicious origins of the Majestic-12 papers, there are several problems with the documents themselves.

The Date: Military documents were formatted using strict guidelines, including the structure of dates. At the time the MJ-12 briefing was alleged to have been written, the format was day month year. No commas, no place-holding zeros. But the date in the MJ-12 document used a day month (comma) year format. This brief was supposedly generated at the very highest level of the military; a level that would not have made such a fundamental error in format.

Hillenkoetter's Rank: The document refers to "Admiral" Hillenkoetter, when his true rank was REAR Admiral. In casual speech or among civilians this error might occur, but a military man would never make such an error. It was the military that wrote the brief.

Verbiage: Two terms used in the document were not in use during the 50's. The word "media" to refer to the Press did not appear until the 70's. Likewise the term "impacted".

Security: The Cutler-Twining memo is stamped "Top Secret Restricted Information". There was no such classification in 1954. Not until the Nixon era was this classification used.

Code Word MAJIC: This appears to be the code name assigned to this project. However, this would constitute a major violation of the code naming scheme used by the military for well over a decade.

Secure projects are assigned code names from a one-time use list that is shared by all parts of the military and civilian government bodies. Just prior to WWII, the code name MAGIC was assigned to the effort to break the high security Japanese diplomatic code. The project was still under the wraps of Top Secret in the early 50's so it could not be "re-used". Yet, here we have the term MAJIC being applied to the Majestic-12, an assignment that clearly could not happen.

MJ-12 proponents point to the different spelling, but the code list was constructed to avoid phonetic similarities that could cause confusion in oral communications. It would appear that the author(s) of the Majestic briefing papers were conscious of the newly de-classified story of the MAGIC operation when this was concocted.

There are several other points that one might accurately call minor, but when you take all these errors together in one set of documents, the coincidence level redlines.
 Albvs
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/24/2013 2:51:41 PM

If you did in fact work at the pentagon where is your proof documents,letter's photos?

"proof documents"? Are you asking for photographs of secret documents (essentially espionage)? Or are you asking for a copy of anything that would prove that I worked at the Pentagon? Upon your exit briefing you sign a document of understanding that it's illegal to relate anything of secret classification for a period of 50 years. So if I'm being dutifully unhelpful to you, I apologize.

One day at work in the Pentagon I had to do a double-take when I passed by an office on some new route I took. The office said "Office of Disinformation" or similar. I had no idea at the time what it was but have come to understand what they do now.

For example, the best way of muddying the waters of understanding is to mix bogus information in with the bonafide. If I were the military and I wanted to discredit Majestic 12 then I think I would publish nonsense about it. I would fake some documents and put those out there, too. But note that I wouldn't have the power to remove deductive reasoning from the populace.
 jed456
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:42:54 PM
So in other word's,I have to take your word for it without a shred of proof,I understand. Take care.
 Soul Union
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/27/2013 4:05:52 PM
I am not saying they do land on our planet, but if they would, it would be their choice, if they want us to know, because if they can manage to come from distance that even biggest scientists hardly can imagine. It will be easy for them to be undetected . just keep that in mind the universe is infinite. and the biggest evidence is here on earth we are part of the universe, and we exist , and we still don't know where we came from. We have only theories. --- gentijas

The problem is that 99% of humanity is brainwashed into thinking what the Elite (the various controlling powers-that-be) want them to think, and they are doing a spectacular job of it, from what I see.

I have devoted a great deal of my time during the last ten years to the study of extraterrestrial life. I first started out with purchases of DVDs from online auction sites, like the one we have here in New Zealand called Trade Me. To say that they whetted my appetite is an understatement. I was a child then, tottering along, snatching snippets of information here and there, but always famished for more. And the journey continued.

I noticed all down the line that particular journalists and what are known as ‘whistleblowers’ ? like retired American army commander Bob Dean, researcher Michael Salla, PhD, and physicist Stanton Friedman — kept talking about similar historical incidents. They kept referring to incidents like what happened in 1954 during the early hours of February 21-22 at Edwards Air Force Base. These incidents kept turning up, being spoken about, not only by Dean, Salla and Friedman but by other long-standing respected experts in the field.

That incident in the California desert, ostensibly a meeting between American President Dwight Eisenhower and a small group of visitors, changed the way society had been run until then. Nothing was ever to be the same again.

British author David Icke says: "The chasm between what we are told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous." Not to put too fine a point on it, this is the understatement of the millennium. David is trying to be kind, to ease us into the truth about what is actually happening out there.

Unfortunately, the mass-consciousness will not accept anything outside of The Simpsons, what Britney Spiers is up to, how Michelle is dressed today, who in Hollywood is cheating on whom, who is getting their jaws wired or liposuction performed . . . and so it goes on. Meanwhile, the important stuff continues right before our eyes.

Bob Dean ? Robert Orel Dean, or ‘Bob’ to everyone he meets? is one of the most intelligent, credible, honest, sincere, truth-loving whistleblowers on the lecture circuit. He is 80 now, a bit ragged after being attacked by the Matrix citizen-slaves throughout the years, but still out there, delivering the message to eager minds. If you want to know some things, if you want even a modicum of truth to come your way, search for Bob Dean’s lectures on You Tube. You will do yourself a favour. Also, check out his Beyond Zebra website for more information.

For instance, during one of his recent lectures, which I watched a few nights ago, Bob talks about some close friends of his, “people I respect and have trusted for 20 years or more,” we hear about Lockheed Martin and other advanced vehicle manufacturers, including those financed through America’s trillion-dollar Black Budget. We hear that it is “common knowledge” that some of these crafts can travel at ‘hyper-luminal’ speed. One of Bob’s closest friends who has worked on secret space projects for many years admitted: “Bob, we actually have the technology to take ET home.”

Most of you here will scoff at this. You will baulk and retreat for safety to your episodes of The Simspons or what Ellen is saying or what lies are falling from the President’s mouth this week, lies that we lap up appreciatively, lies that nourish us and rivet us deeper into the Matrix still further, where we thrive in our artificially-created world, with its kings and queens, popes and priests and the whole legion of well-fed, expensively-clothed, jewel-encrusted, highly-paid controllers before whom we bow on a regular basis, each control system brought to life with through different ‘name’ — Catholicism, Mormonism, Presbyterianism, etc. Most people are attached to these systems. It provides a form of safety in this turbulent world.

It takes courage to lift one’s head out of the collective trough, but the rewards are magnificent. The splendid, breathtaking vista that awaits us when we turn our backs on the ancient controlling Matrix, the feeling of release, the return to the Soul’s purpose, goes beyond words.

Just as an aside, just a observation . . . I was standing at the counter of McCafe last night, waiting for my nightly latte. I sit in the corner with my books and read. I devour books and always have done. Anyway, as I stood in the queue, I looked up at the television blaring from the ceiling. Ellen was on, waffling something about zebra-coloured dresses or pink-spotted slippers from her company, and an effeminate ‘assistant’ would rush out with a pair so that everyone could “ooooooh” and “aaaaaah.” The audience reacted with an almost insane wildness when Ellen stood up and offered a few free pairs. You would have thought that the Lord God himself had come down from the mountain with a sacred scroll or that the cure for cancer had been found (actually, it has been, but it has been suppressed on behalf of Big Pharma, who are doing nicely, thank you). The faces of the audience exploded with an almost dizzy appreciation that Ellen was actually ‘there,’ on stage, in the flesh, offering these poor souls something to break the monotony of life.

I sat there at my table, with my books, and I sipped my latte in silence. I could hear the collective roar from the audience as the next ‘segment’ of the show was being announced. Some ‘star’ was coming on to discuss his divorce, and everyone was wetting themselves with anticipation to learn the details. The audience was putty in her hands. The people, the audience, were in a state of hypnotic rapture. Yep, just the way the powers-that-be want it.

I urge you, in the name of truth, to put aside your biases and conditioned, crystallized prejudices, to open your minds and do some research of your own. This is a good place to start. The journey is a long but rewarding one. To me, this kind of knowledge, at all its various levels, is nectar to the Soul. It explains so much about our origins and why this planet has always been in a constant state of war and turmoil, a seething cauldron of human discontent and rage. But it explains a great deal more.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopolitica/esp_exopolitics_q_0.htm

Peter
 Albvs
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/27/2013 6:30:09 PM

We have only theories.

I have devoted a great deal of my time during the last ten years to the study of extraterrestrial life.

Obviously, there are two approaches. Do research or... remain ignorant to what is happening on our planet and in our solar system and in our galaxy. The easiest way to go through life is by blissfully listening to the news, admiring the heckler's "wit" and just ignoring the sticky issues related to the idea that others could be both here and seemingly much more advanced than are we.

But then you might ask yourself why might they be here and secretive about it? From your experience, what is the general intent of someone who isn't public about their actions? If someone tried to sneak into your house without your knowledge would you immediately think of Santa Claus or would you think of them as a burglar or a murderer?

I'm not suggesting that all aliens are evil. But when your government and military knows that they exist here, combined with a campaign of disinformation to suggest that they don't exist at all, that's when I questions their motives for secrecy. Would you panic if you knew that our Air Force was no match for the extraterrestrials' flying discs? Most people would. How about all the armies in the world combined versus the aliens? Again, you'd panic to know the truth.

Of course they have to ridicule the existence of aliens. If they didn't you'd panic.
 mark777771
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 10:13:45 AM
I think its safe to assume that if there were aliens here there wouldnt be much we could do to deter them from whatever they wanted to. I find it strange our government would be able to convince them to "lay low" off the radar for whatever reasons. With the huge amount of ufo reports I lean towards something going on. The reason being is only ONE of the reports has to be valid and you have the biggest event in the history of mankind.
 Albvs
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:16:52 PM
There's a good write-up about the sequence of well-documented events that took place in Fatima, Portugal. Jacques Valleé wrote about the incidents and was probably the first to identify them as UFO sitings. Note that there were 70,000 witnesses to the final event.

From wiki:

The history of Fátima is associated with three children: Lúcia and her cousins, Francisco and Jacinta Marto who, on 13 May 1917, while guarding their sheep in Cova da Iria, witnessed an apparition of a lady dressed in white. Cova da Iria is now the Chapel of Apparitions or Portuguese: Capela das Aparições.[3][4] The lady, later referred to as Our Lady of the Rosary, indicated that she was sent by God with a message of prayer, repentance and consecrations. She visited the children each month on the 13th from May 13 - October 13. The last apparition occurred on October 13th, and was witnessed by 70,000 pilgrims, who saw the Miracle of the Sun.[3][4] In addition, Our Lady of Fátima sent a message that consisted of three secrets: first, a vision of Hell where the souls of the sinful would travel without prayer; the second, prophesied the beginning of the Second World War; and ultimately, the mysterious third secret, which was written down by Lúcia dos Santos in 1944, and held by the Vatican, since 1957.[3][4]
 mark777771
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:47:18 PM
Trailsman i have one question for you. Why would two presidents, numerous astronauts, tons of reputable pilots with thousands of hours logged risk ridicule and losing their jobs to say these things? A large portion of them have not written books and made money off their statements. Some have made money. There are thousands of reports yearly. Why would the government spend large sums of money to investigate something that is "silly." I dont have proof they exist, however as someone who once had a very high clearance in the military and worked and knew others who did, I kind of think something other than black projects are being protected. I dont think the ufo thing is just "mass hysteria and wishful thinking." A lot of people has risked being ostrasized and made fun of to come out publicly. Why would the Catholic Church make the statements they made a few years ago about ufo's. I cant say I know they exist, because I don't however I lean that way strongly.
 looking4her2335
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/28/2013 6:51:49 PM
My question is what are they doing here honestly?

If you really get down to it, these beings have to be extremely advanced. Technologies they use would be almost indistiguishable from magic. If you take stock in the fact that, of the observable universe we have absolutely no inclination as of yet, of any intelligent civilizations...anywhere, this means a few things. Maybe there are none out there (lets just get that out of the way...I think there are, but I'm just saying for sayings sake). If there are, we haven't heard from them in any sort of way we can decipher. That doesnt mean anything really, they could be communicating on a level that we havent even reached yet. To the technology aspect, since we don't really see much in the way of evidence demonstrating that they are near, if they are coming to earth, they must be traveling vast distances which would mean that they can...travel at faster than light speeds, or perhaps they are able to bend space time and creat worm holes, or star gates or whatever you choose to call them. If thats the case...wow, they must be highly advanced...so what's there purpose here? To abduct people from their cars, beds, houses for medical experiments? I doubt it. If anything, I'd have to think that beings as advanced as they must be to actually reach earth, probably skip right by, or watch from a distance because this planet is completely out of tilt. They probably witness crazy, beligerant primates completely destroying their home, consuming its natural resources and killing each other constantly. I just find it hard to believe that aliens would find anything of worth here. Being as advanced as they surely must be, they probably scoff at the very idea.

Thats just me. Abductions, doubt it. Need for natural resources...they could just come and take them if they really wanted. I think they are out there, but are they communicating to us via crop circles, or shady government agencies...no, I don't think so. I happen to agree with Carl Sagan, who basically said we live in a demon haunted world. In medieval times it was demons, incubi and the like. Now, its Aliens and abductions.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why should I believe in aliens?