Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mark777771
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Why should I believe in aliens?Page 7 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
sts 48 is fascinating. Of course Nasa explained it away as ice particles being blown away by the engines of the craft. lol Interesting ice particles huh?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 159
Why should I believe in aliens?
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:15:35 PM
what does any of that prove, other than someone can use Google ?.. hundreds of thousands of people have "worked at the Pentagon" _ I bet lots wouldn't think there are aliens. it might be better to try to impress/wow people in real life than on the internet? (though it may be somewhat more difficult) just a friendly tip, better for mental health & social life

"Google it" what a challenge, maybe you just reverse-Googled to give those numbers/forms/rankings?

my bud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_gates

a copy of the application form I used when joining the Israeli Shin Bet security force: (details blanked out for security reasons)

http://www.shabak.gov.il/SiteCollectionImages/%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%9D/forms/security-matching.pdf

Cdn. one, ditto:

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/330-60-eng.pdf

I've met so many BS artists in my life.
 Luthion
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:25:15 PM
I'll take that as a no.

He simply plods on and provides additional information. It doesn't bother me that people don't want to believe someone on the Internet.

We will happily believe you when you can actually provide even the most basic amount of proof to your claims.
 Luthion
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:30:26 PM
You didn't answer the questions.
 mark777771
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:30:49 PM
I did my training in Pensacola
 RussArtLover
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:47:28 PM
Proof hmm. Are you sure you really want it? Coz it would prove I'm telepathic too. Anyways...

Go outside on the 23rd of March, 2013. Look up. Watch the sky in the early evening depending where you live in the continental United States (north/south America)
 Luthion
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:48:59 PM
@Peter

Your entire post makes absolutely no sense. Science is not intended to prove that things don't exist. It's purpose is to provide evidence based proof that something does.

The burden of proof lies with the accused to support their concepts using empirical evidence.

@Russ, and this will prove that alien life has visited our planet... how exactly?

Here's a little FACT for you, since people in this thread seem to like those so much. People only started reporting UFO sightings after science fiction media started popularising the idea, and the vast majority of them stem almost entirely from the US. Gotta love all them convenient coincidences, eh?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:02:41 PM

Here's a little FACT for you, since people in this thread seem to like those so much. People only started reporting UFO sightings after science fiction media started popularising the idea, and the vast majority of them stem almost entirely from the US. Gotta love all them convenient coincidences, eh?

Couldn't pass on this one. lol
Noway it started there but that is a good example of capitalizing on it. Totally ignoring cave paintings and Egyptian wall art etc etc. Hell, the Boogeyman has been around since Adam and Eve mate :)

Idea. You know how slow a jet appears to be travelling from the ground even at 400mph right. Just watch. You'll see clearly these guys are over 3 miles up doing speeds we can't even touch with the shuttle. And turning in loops and nonsense that can only be a display of love toward us mere mortals.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/13/2013 11:58:40 AM
Funny how these "Giant Skeleton" photos only emerged in a time when even a 10 year old can download, and then master, PhotoShop.

/occamsrazor
 Rheostatic
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/13/2013 3:17:08 PM
Gah, I hate the Fermi Paradox, because it makes so much sense.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/13/2013 3:27:34 PM

I visit the library, I download books from it via the OverDrive app, I review articles from the newspapers in other countries. And yes, I read things on the Internet. But of course it will be that last sentence that just triggered your need to respond to my post. If Pavlov rang a bell his dog would salivate. And if anyone suggests that they read something from the web then you do the same, I'd bet. It's almost as if you've been programmed to behave this way. See? I just triggered another response from you. And you'll respond now in a way that's typical. Go on, then. (Make me proud.) This is the part where you 1) laugh that anyone would believe something they've read from the Internet and 2) laugh at anyone who's into conspiracy theories.

You still haven't responded to my post on the moon hoax thread, fyi.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/13/2013 3:40:05 PM
Hitchens' Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
 mark777771
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:47:35 PM
Nothing wrong with calling people out on their thinking. However, I question whether people actually try to see the other person's point of view and give it any creedence at all. And as far as the grammar police go, well give me a ticket.
 whippedboi
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/16/2013 12:09:26 PM
^^

'appeal to authority figures' is hardly the highest form of debate. because a few politicians (among others) believe or say they believe, everyone else should?

recall, politicians lie for a living ,as part of their training , and as a way to advance in their careers.

A bit odd how many of the same people who believe in 'aliens', ghosts, 'spirits' etc. , without a shred of proof, also believe the NASA moon landings of 1969, with massive evidence produced, were 'faked' ?

One can believe what they want to it appears.

BTW I know there are millions of 'aliens', in the USA, primarily in southern states. many originally from Mexico.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:19:31 PM
^^

FYI, believing that life exists elsewhere in the universe outside of our "pale blue dot" (aliens) is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make. Believing these aliens have visited our "pale blue dot", infiltrated our governments, mutilated our cattle, abducted our citizens, played "boogeyman" to our pilots, is quite another thing entirely.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 212
Posted: 3/17/2013 5:09:40 PM
Yeah, but Peter, you can't believe a bunch of Colonels, Captains, astronauts, former U.S. presidents, NASA pilots, employees of NASA, heads of state, etc, etc. We all know that they're just a bunch of tinfoil-hat wearing loonies. How could they possibly have information that we don't? I mean, if there were flying saucers and aliens then Fox News would tell us about it.

Nicely done, btw.

You mean, the exact same people who are supposedly lying to us about landing on the moon?

It's almost as if I should only believe them when I have a pre-conceived belief about what they are supposedly telling the truth about?

Ugh, this is getting awfully confusing. How do you conspiracy theorists keep up with it all?
 Rheostatic
Msg: 214
Posted: 3/17/2013 6:17:47 PM
So... you didn't read Peter's post? Or... you didn't respond to it because you had no way of ridiculing it?

Which post, exactly? The one citing anecdotal evidence or the one citing anecdotal evidence?

I can ridicule anything, just give me a topic.

*points to profile*
 Rheostatic
Msg: 222
Posted: 3/21/2013 11:53:18 AM

Okay: "the image in your mirror".

You missed the part where I "pointed to my profile". Keep trying.
 whippedboi
Msg: 223
Posted: 3/21/2013 2:12:14 PM

But don't doubt the credibility or the sanity of the dude with the $300 shirt who walks past you and into the club. <

I do doubt those for the 'average" guy who blows $300 on a shirt to "impress" people (women?) for a shirt that does what a $ 20 shirt would do about as well..
and who collects old photos to 'prove' his high-level Pentagon clearance and brags about spilling top-level secrets to improve his 'status' on a (FREE) online dating site (violating confidentiality agreements out the ying-yang)

not unlike the secretaries & receptionists I see who blow at least 2 week's wages on a "Coach" or "Hermes", or "D&G" product because they are brainwashed by advertising and think they deserve to have a least ONE item of the same brand that supermodels use, that costs more than the rest of their wardrobe.. or > $1000 for a pair of Christian Loubotin shoes that are very painful & kill their feet, but impress people with the red out-soles...haha
 whippedboi
Msg: 225
Posted: 3/21/2013 2:35:21 PM
^^

Freud was a drug addict precisely BECAUSE he was abducted and brainwashed by aliens, and needed a little sumpin' sumpin' to cope with the experience of being anally probed while flying at Warp 89 (89 times the speed of light) around the known Universe
\
well scratch that, everyone knows that Freud was an alien invader himself., I can point you to several high-level witnesses who said so.

"yes, of course Frued was an alien" - Joseph M. Bloggs, MD, DSC, OBE
 whippedboi
Msg: 229
Posted: 3/22/2013 5:48:37 AM
{quote] I keep getting something to do with a royal family, probably the British Royal Family. I am inclined to say, although I shouldn't stick my neck out so specifically, that the Queen is about to stand down as monarch. It will be something of that magnitude and import.

oooh, what a wild stick-the-neck out guess

she will be 87 years old in one month (April 21) and was recently hospitalized ( March 3) for severe illness (stomach infection)

ohhh, I'm getting a "tingling"-- a sensation, feeling that MAYBE (but I don't want to stick my neck out)

an 87 -year old sick woman MIGHT step down after 60 years as Queen.. she has already lived longer than the average person of her generation
 whippedboi
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/22/2013 5:50:39 AM

I keep getting something to do with a royal family, probably the British Royal Family. I am inclined to say, although I shouldn't stick my neck out so specifically, that the Queen is about to stand down as monarch. It will be something of that magnitude and import.

oooh, what a wild stick-the-neck out guess

she will be 87 years old in one month (April 21) and was recently hospitalized ( March 3) for severe illness (stomach infection)

ohhh, I'm getting a "tingling"-- a sensation, feeling that MAYBE (but I don't want to stick my neck out)

an 87 -year old sick woman MIGHT step down after 60 years as Queen.. she has already lived longer than the average person of her generation
 whippedboi
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:38:19 AM
^^

it would be more a 'play on words' , since a pun typically involves 2 words that rhyme or sound very similar, not the identical word used in the sense of another meaning..used sardonically
 whippedboi
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:41:41 AM

As an astrologer of 30 years' experience, someone who has read literally hundreds of books on the subject,

as though 'astrologer' were an actual profession or academic discipline

I am a phrenologer. As a phrenologer of some years' experience, someone who has read literally hundreds of books on the subject, I can predict which posters' heads will explode in the next year based on the shape of their skulls from their profile photos.
I may also consult with my futurologist friend who divines from chicken entrails
 Bloke_up_North
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 1:54:34 PM

I can say with some confidence that something 'big' is about to occur.

I feel, from what I see in my research, that something that has been in the collective groove for many years, something we have taken for granted, is about to fall off the turntable. It won't be accidental. It will be by design, by consent.

I keep getting something to do with a royal family, probably the British Royal Family. I am inclined to say, although I shouldn't stick my neck out so specifically, that the Queen is about to stand down as monarch. It will be something of that magnitude and import.

- Peter
Friday, March 22, 2013
Queenstown, New Zealand.

You were nearly right Peter.
It was the pope that stood down, not the queen. You'll be able to read about it when the mailboat turns up at whichever planet you live on.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >