Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ________
Msg: 63
When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
When I saw my MUTUAL FUND statement.....
 luv2lol
Msg: 65
view profile
History
When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?
Posted: 1/6/2009 12:11:01 PM
Last time...today...why...a man (but if anyone had asked I'd say because I stubbed my toe:P)

My sympathies mister 300:( HUGS

I'm with ya there Valentino...man that's a good (but tear jurking) movie.
 celts123
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:57:22 PM
I honestly don't remember the last time I cried. The only time I might cry is if / when someone really close to me dies.
 musicmaniac22
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/6/2009 10:13:42 PM
I cry everyday any more. I hate being alone but will be strong. After 13 years to be cheated on and left for another.... thankfully I have my 3 year old and am a great dad. She knows I a sad but never sees my cry. I guess I should move on but hate being alone
 Padawan61
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:27:05 AM
Twelve years ago when my dad died. Otherwise I don't. For a guy ... crying is weak and unmanly without good reason.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:46:48 PM
PADA, how silly and sad you feel you cant cry,just because..or you need a good reason..Thats BS and you know it..you're human,its a human condition to have feelings and emotions and be able to express them!!Feel the feelings and if they are sadness ,tears can be healing!!
I havent cried in awhile but wish I could..I am going through a break-up and feel horrible but the tears wont come,what a relief it would be if they would,Im so sad!!!!!
 PallasAthena
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:03:40 PM
I'm crying now. I cry for a multitude of reasons from physical pain to emotional.
Lately I cry because even when entertained by friends or dates at the end of the day I still feel utterly alone and outcasted and that is frustrating.
 Padawan61
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 11:39:39 PM
PADA, how silly and sad you feel you cant cry,just because..or you need a good reason..Thats BS and you know it..you're human,its a human condition to have feelings and emotions and be able to express them!!

Actually I'm Underdog so it's not BS at all. There's a difference between having sad emotions and bawling your eyes out at every opportunity. A good reason to cry would be when someone close to you to dies. It's not a good reason to cry just because you're feeling blue. I've read somewhere that many women cry simply because it's a cloudy day. WTF?? Get a hold of yourselves. I've never said I don't feel sad at times ... but I don't cry simply because of sadness. I'm not an emotional basket case.

Feel the feelings and if they are sadness ,tears can be healing!!

Ya know ... the words "healing" and "closure" make me wanna puke. In fact, give me a sec and I will. Unless you're physically ill, you don't need "healing" ... unless you're "under the knife", you don't need "closure". Who came up with such nauseously lame terms?? Must have been a woman ... in order to validate their need to cry.

I havent cried in awhile but wish I could..I am going through a break-up and feel horrible but the tears wont come,what a relief it would be if they would,Im so sad!!!!!

Depending on the length of the relationship when it ended, I may or may not agree with you. Sometimes an end to a relationship may actually produce a feeling of much needed release from something poisoning your life. You should learn to see the positive aspects of such an ending.

I cry for a multitude of reasons from physical pain to emotional

This is not a good reason to cry.

The last time I cried was when my daughter and fiance told me my uncle had passed away. He had brain cancer and fought for three years

This would be a more justifiable reason to cry.
 Padawan61
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:11:09 PM
How does crying just to cry make you an emotional basket case?

I believe you've already answered your own question with the following statements ...

I'm an extremely emotional person

crying just to cry

Sometimes I cry for no reason at all

Since crying is an emotion ... excessive amounts of it (especially for no reason at all) would make you an emotional basket case. Does that clear things up for you??

It feels amazing :p
You're silly

Sounds to me like you get high from crying. And I'm silly?? Oh brother.
 Padawan61
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:50:42 PM
^^^^^Enjoy crying??? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. Are you sure crying hasn't become like a drug to you ... since it feels so good to cry. Personally, I would rather enjoy a good laugh over a good cry ... but that's just me.
 Padawan61
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 7:55:44 PM

Of course I'd rather laugh than cry but it's not as if i'm crying because my life sucks. It's a good cry! After a good sad movie..

"Enjoy crying"?? ... "Good cry" ... "Good sad"?? You have an odd way of seeing sadness and crying, Sky ... turning the activity into a hobby of some sort.
 singleagain66
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:18:05 PM
The Last Time I Cried Was March 25, 2008 The Day I Learned My Dad Died & March 31, 2008 The Day We Buried Him And I Have Not Cried Since. Well Not Yet Atleast And I Do Know When The Next Time Will Be Crying And It Will Be The Worst Day Of My Life.
 cookie22222
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2009 5:54:45 AM
I cried last night, while praying for a friend...why do we cry? Overwhelming emotion...sorrow, pain, worry, frustration, anxiety, and the best one - joy.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 3:26:47 PM
I tear up allot but I try not to cry.....last time I had a good cry was over a beautiful scotch one evening;I just got lost in my head and well ended up crying.
 Skyzme
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:40:32 PM
Sigh...It was this past Wed.March 11th.
Actually by the person's bedside in the hospital.
The cancer was thought to be operable & in the end,turned out it had spread,so the surgery was no longer possible.
Was extremely bad news to hear................
 evrybdy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 8:34:10 PM
Last night, watching Ghost which I haven't seen since I was a teenager. The scene that got me was the penny scene, cause since when my uncle passed away, my mom always said that pennies and dimes on the ground were signs of him, so she would always pick them up. Now, they are signs for me since she is gone. Seeing the penny thing just got to me cause she knew he was there, and it's like how I know she is there. Often, I don't cry over romantic love, but familial love cause it feels much more viable to me than anything else anymore.

M
 tracykemmer
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/22/2009 5:06:30 PM
Just today. The man I just love so much (we met on POF) needs to take things slower with"us". His children have some concerns about us. I understand, however I am so afraid he will find some one else or tire of me while he has to wait for my divorce to be final. I felt embarrased to cry in front of him but I could not stop the tears. I just have to let things rest in GODS hands that we will be together for our life time some day.
Thank you for letting me forum this.
 german babe
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:13:53 PM
The last time i cried it was a few days ago..At one point in my life not so long ago i'd cried every day.I don't understand why guys treat me so mean they are very uncareing i know i'm not perfect but i have a good heart and because of that not only guys but all people take my goodness for weakness..I am a very strong women and i don't like to be lie to or played for a fool.I have a very hard time trusting guys because i was hurt to much..All i want is a man to love me for me with my flaws and my good..If a man tells me i'm going to call or talk to you later i take his word as the truth..why do we cry?I cry when i'm lie to ..I cry at night when i'm all alone i'v been alone for a long time i cried many nights i just cried not to long ago i felt betrayed because i let down the walls i put around my heart and let this man in thinking he really liked me as much as i like him,but now he doesn't talk to me as much as he used to that made me hurt and sad so i been crying the last few nights..I think i will put up thoses walls around my heart again because i'm not sure if this man cares for me and so to night i'm crying again..I just want to know what's it like to be happy and not cry anymore.I smile on the outside but i'm crying on the inside..we cry when someone we love dies ..We cry when someone we love don't feel the same.:
 zahers
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/29/2009 5:44:34 PM
In the battle, in the darkness, in the need,
Shall my soul cling to thee?

Don't cry for this and don't rejoice for thine
Instead drink to the rose from a rosy red wine!

The desert knows me well, so does the night and the mounted men
The battle and the sword, the paper and the pen!

Zaher

zilichservia@hotmail.com
 curlygrl
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/30/2009 2:22:37 PM
Today.
I believe we cry for a number of reasons. sometimes, hope, love
and loss - just a few.

We also cry because we have to let go but our hearts dont want to.

And we cry when the search for ourselves is over and we find at
the end that person we truly love has cried thier way back to us too.
 mrbiggfrank
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 2:25:46 PM
today i'll never see or hear from my greatest love i'll be crying for sum time
 Sabrosura
Msg: 142
Posted: 10/9/2009 12:34:17 PM
In July of this year, when the gave me the diagnosis of my Nicki (Maltese) that she has advanced stages of Lymphoma..........
 Sabrosura
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:00:18 PM
^^^^Awww....it'll get better, realistic4.
 curlygrl
Msg: 152
Posted: 11/8/2009 5:15:57 PM
So we drove all the way to Toronto in total silence.When he dropped me off at my apartment he said im sorry i hurt you.What would any of you do in this situation?

Tell him to go fcck himself - but he obviously does that on a daily basis in just
his treatment of you.

Dont look back - look forward. He is verbally and emotionally abusive.

Just think what could have been.

If you are going to cry, cry tears of joy that you know what a fccktard he
is.
If someone cannot accept you for you and all that you are, then he is not
worth accepting one ioda of what he is. Including his need to hurt you.

He is sorry - My Mother always says, "the best word is the word unsaid".
 JessiemaeFL
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/8/2009 7:01:04 PM
Probably day before last.

I miss him.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >