Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Rocky Horror AFTERMATH (Photos)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kclowns
Msg: 51
Rocky Horror AFTERMATH (Photos)Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Sorry now I'm the goober..I meant $35.
 STLBill1966
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Rocky Horror AFTERMATH (Photos)
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:44:17 PM
I am new to the site and I want to let you folks know how Thankful I am for such great night! I met some great people and I can wait until the next function. Thanks you once again!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:50:41 PM
Well, here is my two cents on the whole thing! :)

The hotel rooms are an OPTION that is available so that we can really cut loose if we want to. Many do not get out often, and since these parties are monthly or bi-monthly at most...people wanna let their hair down and just kick it! The hotel is discounted for us and is CHEAP, whether it is $35 or $40. And...the standard rooms can accommodate up to 4 people, comfortably...so if you need, you can split it with 1 to 3 others...making it an even better deal. :)

The drinks are as cheap as the can be for two hours...and the food is FREE. After the two hours, they are still reasonably priced...and...the whole freaking party is FREE, for the most part! ;) Not many places (if any!) that one can go where for less than $50, they can get a room, eat a decent meal, drink, have music, etc....

I KNOW no one is complaining...and everyone has been more than generous in their thanks for the evening! But just to explain the rate difference in the room! :)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:54:12 PM
alright, whenever Mr Jim posts his pics..I'd like the full pic of the Captain...I haven't seen one yet! I know Skip took a pic of me and Linda and I know he's having issues posting pics, it's definitely a slow process..I can wait..so for those already posted, we had a great time!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:00:14 PM
Jim has no issues, hon...he just snail mails me the CD to upload. :) Will do it as soon as he does...as well as send you the FULL CAPITANO!!! ;)
 Desera
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/27/2008 8:42:26 PM
OMGoodness Kat sorry to hear about your kiddos, but am relieved that they aren't hurt or worst. As to everyone else I hope they learned something from this experience and that it might even help someone else in the long wrong.

As to the price of the rooms- when me and sis checked in at 4 am they explained to us that the price difference was because it was their "Halloween Bash"(if you look at the picture of the sign out side the strat on page one you will notice their room prices for the night was $49.95 ) that night and they raised the rate for it. So, with that said we still received an AWESOME price. Mind you, I too would have paid whatever they needed me to, seeings that I definetly didn't want to drive ALL the way back home and back up again. The last two parties we have been too they have been very accomadating and allowing us to check in at 4 am or later on the day of the party and staying til the next day (can't beat that). Any how that is just my two cents.

Can't wait for the next one!!
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:22:41 PM
Well Bay, rest assure that the party did and will continue to go on with or without u. It was a blast LOL
 kenharleyride
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:46:29 PM
all could have walked or drove 2 blocks and paid 69.95 plus tax at the drury inn next time if you like . me i slept at the table lol..............................
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:50:57 PM
hey Skip i have had a cdl for yrs and there is a leagal limit for thoes its .04 and thats even in your private vehicle also
 kenharleyride
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:09:06 PM
well i dont drink so i dont have to worry about it ...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:25:10 PM
Bay...no, it was not ONE drink!

Kenny...since when do you NOT drink?? LOL

Debi...you AND your rum balls rock, girlfriend! LOL

And to all...nighty nighty!! :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:41:19 AM
I dunno...maybe Skippy was gonna buy you more than one, and offer a reach around......

But I was responding to:

Kat, glad the kiddies are ok, but one drink was all that caused that?

HarleyKat~
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/28/2008 10:54:02 AM
Aw, Skip...you know kitty loves ya' babe! LOL

Jeannie...not sure on next one!

Rhonda is talking about trying to put on a Xmas one, possibly. Shell and I are considering a hiatus from hosting until February, unless we do a NYE one. But it really depends. This past time, we were within $5 of the expenses, from donations (only collected $112) so with the impending holidays, we are a bit less willing to risk the expenses. Usually, we do not mind...we buy things gradually...and sometimes get reimbursed...but Christmas is difficult enough as it is.

I am still hosting at Shady Jacks, and I think we are planning one there for Dec 6th!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:41:38 AM
LMAO Fuzzy!!!! Yeah...twas easier to do such than to pop em all! I am amazed that they were still at full float! (Now we know we can fill sooner, next time if we get the same kick butt helium!)

Yeah...apparently, LeAnn and I were seen several times in our PJ's....which was the most comfy! LOL
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:56:44 AM
Im ready for the next party or get together!! its a great chance to meet new people and make new friends and aquaintences. Bring the fun on LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:06:32 PM
Already posted it in Weekends thread and GNO thread, but since everyone is on this thread lately, thought I would share it here, too.

I know it is late notice, but for anyone who is interested, some of us are going for a Ladies Night at O'Aces in Imperial, on Main Street. It is easily accessible to Hwy. 55!

They have Buy 1, Get 1 Free on PIZZAS, a full menu, and $5 Ladies Night...all you care to drink draft & well. Natural Light bottles are also $1.25 for all.

I believe they have a DJ as well.

We all expect to be there by about 6:30...ladies night starts at 7:00. So far it is Sherry, Nita, possibly Lance, and myself...all welcome! :)
 TheKidof72
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:49:02 PM
Kat, sorry to hear your daughter and her boyfriend were in a accident, glad that they made it safely. Sometimes them 3 hots and a cot will be eye openers, hopefully they learned their lesson and next time get the $35 room. I don't drink but I drive my drunken friends to Denny's so we can have hangover breakfast, and not let the party end just because our friends, the bartenders, kicked us out of the bar at 1 am.

Thanks for throwing such an awesome party, but of course, you always come through with them parties! You rock Kat, Shellie and Linda as well as all those other volunteers.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:03:44 PM
Kat~ I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and her boyfriend! I hope that they are doing good!!!
 stephanie70172
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:41:01 PM
kat im sorry to hear about your daughter accident,, im glad to hear they are doing good. i had a wondeful time cant wait to do it again nye sound good to me sign me up. i will keep looking to see when the partys are.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/28/2008 9:20:31 PM
Thanks, all...REALLY. The well wishes and sympathies are appreciated! I posted the pics simply because, while I may have a "party girl" rep...lol...I ALWAYS encourage SAFE imbibing. We would hate to see ANY ONE get hurt, or ruin their lives as a result of a drinking and driving incident; especially a POF one! :)

HAVE FUN...but...BE SAFE! :)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/29/2008 5:38:19 AM
if we need donations before the NYE party, count me for a $20 spot too Kat.
 suepug1122
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:43:05 AM
I was thinking, if I am able to pull off the November party at Side Pockets, we will have little to no out of pocket cost, and that would be a great time to secure donations for the next party.
Rhonda
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:36:20 AM
That would be absolutely cool, guys...and mucho thanks for your generosity! :)

I also thought Side Pockets was a cool spot...nearby hotels for those who wish to stay...and with this being the second get together, they should be more willing to offer up some discounts! Rhonda...let me know if you need any help in securing them or talking to them about past party results! :)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:12:53 AM
I think for everyone that can give they should give to make this NYE party the best ever. But lets not forget the nov party too. And $20 is not the min or max, if someone can give more thats great too. But less is just as helpful. Every little bit helps. Thanx u all in advance, lets get this going
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/29/2008 9:48:28 AM
George...could not have said it better, myself! If everyone who attends the FREE parties, that was able to, donated just $1 (or whatever they can!) then we would have more than enough to cover future parties. :) Unfortunately, only a small percentage (like 20%) seem to donate...or are unaware of the buckets?

The thing is...POF actually does not want hosts to put any money out for a party...they are supposed to be either free, self paying, or nothing over what the venue charges the general public. Because of our unique curcumstances with getting the use of the ballroom donated, and needing to decorate it to make it FUN and interesting and a nice ambience....we DO have to spend a bit of money.

We tried to not have donation buckets...just gathering donations of things like balloons, prizes, etc BEFORE the party....but so many offered at the parties, that we started to HAVE to put a bucket out!

I sincerely do not think the parties would be as successful and as looked forward to, if we did not do the things such as decorations, prizes, contests, etc....
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Rocky Horror AFTERMATH (Photos)