Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yet2bimpressed
Msg: 6
Intersex/HermaphroditesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Love to meet a Herm. hook me up.
 slim10022
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:54:18 PM
I did know someone who was intersexed , i always knew her as female as she was my sisters friend and never thought of her any different than female .
As far as i know she remained on her own and became a farmer , dont know about now lost touch in the 70s .
 Warrencraig
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 11:48:50 PM
depends what we define someones sex by really.

If you go by genetics then you are either female or male. From what i understand of genetics any featus with other combinations of genes is unlikely to survive pregnancy anyway. Obviously genetics giving you the sex of a person merely means that "intersex" people are just deformed rather than a specific sex.

If you go by genitalia then the answers are not obvious!! you could make a choice say if one set of genitalia were incomplete to operate and change sex to the "complete" genitalia sex.

Where things go in more complex cases is hard to say.

A child who lives his early years up to adolescence with no sex identity could well suffer a lot of confusion and isolation, not to mention bullying. In adolescence such a child would be better placed to make decisions as hormones and personal preferences would kick in more, but i would imagine the bullying would be horrendous if things are not very carefully managed.

You could probably argue that having one sex identity from birth would solve most of those issues. you would then carry the risk that the child grows up and identifys themself with the opposite sex to what was forced on them by surgery.

Sexual identify comes from many factors including genetics, hormones, upbringing etc.

On balance of probabilities Id choose to have my intersex child put into one distinct sex as in likely terms less psychological harm will happen. An intersex child growing up as the wrong sex will come to no more harm than a normally sexed child who grows up to become TV and has the ops etc. Psychologically it would be similar with the exception of course that the intersex child would find out about the childhood ops and may have resentment as a result.

These days as adults people in our society regularly choose to identify with another sex and some go as far as having the ops to do it. An intersex child who grows up at odds with his physical sex would be able to fit in with society within the range of accepted adult norms and go through ops etc if they so wished and live a normal life.

I have no idea how id react to an intersex person i met for dating. Id like to think i would consider them as the whole balance of thier characteristics not just thier specific genitalia, but being a hetrosexual person if there are not enough "female" features to trigger subconcious attraction then i doubt it could work. There has to be that basic chemistry in my opinion for any relationship.

I could imagine in some relationships an inability to bear children may be a deal breaker too. I know you can adopt/surragecy/fostering these days but not everyone feels able to do that. Im fairly open minded about children but that may change as i get older and if having my own child with my partner was reallly important to me then having a relationship with an intersex partner who could not do that would be a lot harder. I dont think it would end such a relationship if you loved them but like many challenges in life it could be hard to deal with.

Personally i would like to know if someone was intersex before a relationship became sexual as unwanted surprises might be off putting!! Obviously for someone who appears in everyway to be female but was born intersex, theres no surprise and in all honesty its not a big deal as its merely part of thier "health history", but if the person has mixed up or only partial genitalia then id consider it something you should discuss before getting intimate out of consideration for each other really. Getting them undressed and seeing a c*ck when you wernt expecting it might be offputting and would probably get a "WTF" type reaction!!!!!
 santaclaus58
Msg: 14
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:26:59 PM
I too would be interested on dating a hermaphrodite. I think it would interested. They are a person and I would not treat them any different.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:48:20 PM
A member of my family has 2 sets of sexual organs but both are female......so she has 2 vaginas, 2 wombs, 2 sets of tubes etc etc. Medical opinion is that she was originally one of twins and that as a foetus, she absorbed the other.
Now, it would apparently be possible for her to become pregnant in one set of organs/womb....ten some time later, pregnant in the other. They think it is unlikely as one set will probably be properly mature and the other not.........................
 ibakecakes
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:38:56 AM
Wow, B1R, interesting stuff..........thanks for all that info......especially about the DNA thing.................
 Black_Profitt
Msg: 40
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:59:42 AM
is she single? id love to meet her lol
 ncluvbird
Msg: 41
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 7/5/2015 1:27:28 AM
baal roop youre a wimp then you cant take on a defect of nature
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 42
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 7/5/2015 3:55:34 AM
^^^^^ a quick heads up.....

1) You are roadtripping

2) The post you are responding to is over six years old

3) The poster has already deleted their profile

Just sayin' ......

jrburwe
Msg: 43
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/12/2016 10:18:08 AM
I want to date a intersex person, I dont care if they have both male and female parts. Looking for my true love.
 jrburwe
Msg: 44
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/12/2016 10:20:22 AM
I do agree they should tell, but I think the right person wouldnt care. they are still people, its not there fault that they are this way.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 45
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/12/2016 11:01:55 AM
Yet another Yank roadtripping - jeez - is this an American thing ?

Justanotherchap
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/14/2016 2:44:47 AM
I think it is because they aren't allowed to say this sort of thing in the brave new world America now is!
 jrburwe
Msg: 47
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/16/2016 4:02:26 PM
I would be ok with it, They are people to! They have want and desires like the rest of us. I bet intersex people are more kind and understanding. I would love to meet a intersex person date and see where it goes from there
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/5/2016 4:23:19 PM
For me there is no dificult question here at all.

Test there genes, that tells you if they should be male or female. Everything else is inconsiquential.

Actually the sex one has plays a role as well as DNA
 artyguy58
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 9/14/2017 2:03:32 PM
I would happily date an intersex regardless of gender, in fact they would be more like me than they realize
 intersexperson
Msg: 50
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/13/2017 2:37:05 PM
I wish there were that thought that way..its not easy being this way. For me always in hiding...if anyone wants questions ask...im here....
 10ky
Msg: 51
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/13/2017 4:04:02 PM
^^

For me always in hiding...if anyone wants questions ask...im here

Just in case you're still around: Why should you hide exactly? Hide from what after all? Prejudice?
 intersexperson
Msg: 52
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/14/2017 2:25:34 AM
Yes ..i was always told from a very early age to keep it quiet..after hell on earth of jr high and high school I'm still a bit scared from that a bit...you can right a book from all that stuff...any how...also was threatened several times on couple times..so yes predutice..was not looking for just a hook up.. friends is what I wanted to start....
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 53
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 11/14/2017 10:35:22 AM
My friends granddaughter had a test when she was born with this problem, she is now 15 but I once asked my friend a question about her and she was a bit taken aback, I think she wished she hadn’t mentioned it. She us a lovely girl, don’t know the outcome regards the problem that caused alarm when she was born.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >