Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How do you let a guy down gently..without punching him???Page 5 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Geeeeez J-me, I've heard of playing 'hard-to-get', but aren't you carrying it a bit far?!

Seriously though, I would recommend that you have one last conversation with him and inform him that if he doesn't leave you alone, he is leaving you with no alternative than to involve the authorities. Particularly, when he comes onto your property and touches you and your property (car). Be careful. He sounds a little "off" to me.

~ds~
 ~rain~
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How do you let a guy down gently..without punching him???
Posted: 10/31/2008 10:39:52 AM
laffs....instead of letting him down gently..which you obviously have tried to do..

tell him to F.O.!!!

unless you secretly like this kind of attention.

I find it very hard to believe that this guy would be desperate enough to keep pursuing this! (men have to much pride)
Unless you keep doing something to make him think he has a small chance with you!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 11:19:47 AM
J-me.. Cowboy said it best -

SHOUT and say PHUCK OFF! Do not ever touch me again. Do not speak to me. I am NEVER dating you. You creep me out. Are you a MENTAL CASE OR WHAT??

I have TRIED to be nice. Your dumber then a dirt clod or you would of caught on.

LEAVE ME ALONE !

Say it loud, say it proud, say it infront of as many people as you can... and then apologize to your host/hostess and leave the gathering.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with you getting a restraining order if he doesn't get the hint. Stop being polite, damnit.. tell the bast@rd off and be done with it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/31/2008 12:21:28 PM
I actually WOULD punch him. From what you posted here, he certainly has it coming. But I guess (sigh) that could be counterproductive. I'd threaten him with the authorities as some here suggested and make sure your body language and tone reflect your determination to do so.
 WEK
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 12:33:04 PM
This is easy.........

Attraction is not a choice. Either you are or you are not attracted to someone. If that knucklehead cannot take a hint, tell him outright to his face.

If he cannot handle that, tell him to please leave you alone or you will call the cops.

Some males have no intuition whatsoever..........
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 4:46:43 PM

I was heading out the door, sicker than a dog and had to cover a meeting for work. Who comes running up to the car, but this fool

He then opened the car door and tried to come in as I was putting the keys in the ignition. Once again, he was telling me that I am making a mistake, that I need to give him a chance cos he is falling in love with me.

Nona, while I understand your point, I think this guy has crossed the line. Despite the OP's repeated refusals, he isn't taking "no" for an answer, telling her she "is making a mistake" by not saying "yes" to him, etc. The time to involve the authorities, is when you are in fear of your personal safety, not after. Whether or not the OP is at that point yet, we don't know. But for it to be concerning her enough to post a thread about it, I'd say she's probably pretty close. JMO.

~ds~
 Ferruginous
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:56:23 PM

I am disassociating myself from that group of friends
I think that's your best choice.
From reading your posts, I get the impression that this group of friends really isn't being helpful to you in this situatin.

If they actually were your friends, they'd understand your obvious level of discomfort and wouldn't be inviting the 2 of you to the same gatherings;
and if they really were your friends, someone in the group would be making a point of telling the guy that his actions toward you aren't wecomed.
 TheLimey
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 11:51:40 AM
Just say to him "You obviously can't understand my revulsion when expressed verbally, so now I'm going to express it physically"

& them hose him down with pepper spray
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/3/2008 4:50:41 PM
Well, while I love the fact that three of my favorite fellas on POF have offered you some really strong words to express yourself, I think perhaps a much more silent yet clearly meaningful message would be to get yourself a nice small, purse size container of mace.

The next time this dude touches you, attempts to touch you, or stop you from leaving?

A good squirt in his eyes will maybe bring the point home more clearly than any words you could choose to use.

While he's writhing in pain on the ground, bend over and say very clearly in his ear -

"I want NOTHING to do with you. EVER. If you even LOOK at me again in the future? I will phone the police and press charges. I hope we're clear now that my NO means NO"

I doubt once you spray him in the eyes with mace, he'll attempt anything further.
 blonde chickie
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/3/2008 9:38:09 PM
That would drive me crazy. So I say punch him OP, knock him out. Maybe he'll get the hint.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/3/2008 10:51:52 PM
OP woman, there is this man that i have been friends with and have no desire for more. i don't like bald men. I HAVE TOLD HIM THIS. He is bald. K???? Like, get it?? Anyway, he likes me. I told him that I like hair. He insisted on continuiously hitting on me. K......
Well, it hs gotten to the point where he took out his d ik and flashed me. I don't like him that way!!!!!!! I have told him off in every way make and form that is humanly possible and I am not polite about it. I will not let him hit on me again. It sounds to me like you need to get rude, say and do whatever is necessary.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/4/2008 4:16:49 PM
post 49:
I don't believe you should have to give up your group of friends due to this one guy.
I'll disagree.
I think she should give up this group of friends.

From reading this thread, I get the impression that this group of friends is doing nothing to discourage this guy's behavior. Despite the fact that they've apparently observed it.
By sitting idly by, and watching his behavior, and allowing him opportunities to be in contact with her, this group of friends seem to be part of the problem.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/8/2008 7:59:11 AM
my daughter and I will be going to the police when she gets home to find out what her and I can do.
Why do you have to wait for your daughter?
If you're feeling threatened: contact the police immediately.
Do not wait for an opportunity to have your daughter with you to do it.

The time to call the police was: when he was standing outside your house, gritting teeth and visibly angry, and then blasting music, after you'd bluntly told him to go away.

What would happen if he was breaking down your door? Would you be saying "I wish my daughter was here so we could contact the police together" ?
 Ferruginous
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/8/2008 8:21:57 AM
I was hoping that would be the last option and has been one I have been avoiding.
I'm starting to get the impression that you're not wanting to use that option until it's too late.

I didn't think they would have done anything, except write a report
But, not calling them gets nothing done either.

Even if they'd only written a report about his behavior last night, at least they would have a written record of his behavior. When you do finally call them, they won't have any previous reports of his prior behavior.

and I want my daughter there so she also knows what to do when this idiot comes around.
But, he's coming around now, when your daughter's not there.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:09:42 PM

I am actually waiting to hear now from a Sgt. who I know personally and professionally as I write this.

What did the sergeant say, J-me?

~ds~
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >