Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Mistakes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Glenoran1
Msg: 51
MistakesPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If in hindsight we DON'T perceive certain of our decisions as errors in judgement, then we haven't grown (we're still 'there'). To then think less of ourselves for those mistakes we've learned from and left behind is, basically, masochism, don't you think?
 rockondon
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:02:38 AM
Poooh on you guys.
Some of the best parts of life are a result of mistakes. Mistakes are what we learn from. Mistakes can be great.
 esp60
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:04:54 AM
gee whiz...you mean if i hadn't made a bunch of mistakes i wouldn't be here lmao at all the mistakes..ahh crap..i like it here and that's probably a mistake
 abacusblack
Msg: 54
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 12:46:35 PM
I only make one mistake but somehow I never learn and I keep repeating it . In relationships I assume that my partner thinks as I do and has all the qualities of honesty and loyalty that I truly believe in. I have had my disappointments.
 meat me
Msg: 55
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:38:01 PM
I've been told that I was a mistake.
 Herding Cats
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 5:02:23 PM
I'm still not over my favorite mistake and every time the phone rings and I see his number... I make the mistake of picking up.

ritawayward
Msg: 57
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 6:46:01 PM
^^^^ ACCCCCCKKKKK!!!! lol

I've been told that I was a mistake.

A) That's a crummy thing for anyone to say.
B) You were not a mistake!
C) Mo bettah?
 Worse Than Ever
Msg: 58
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:38:11 PM
hey meatie! no one who thinks i'm the coolest poster on forums is a mistake, OK? LOL!!!!! i need you around to write me a testimonial so please cheer up - you have a purpose in life! i need MINIONS! feel better?
The PMS Dungeon Mistress
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 59
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:45:36 PM
^You are definitely the coolest followed by Z but she has moved on. Cheers! You are the best.
 Worse Than Ever
Msg: 60
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:11:59 PM
a common mistake made on forums occurs when posters lose their sense of humour and perspective - i've done it myself! and i'm happy to note that there's still alot of cool people on forums...p.s. thanks, janie - back atcha! you're a brilliant wingman when dive-bombing is called for...and it frequently IS! LOL!!! curiosity up - who's Z? you know who i miss...the word girl (sigh) - me best mate, brilliant poet, eccentric extraordinaire...i guess i'm off to search new forums sites for the purpose of joint ventures although i haven't given up on this one by far... no, not by a LONG SHOT! LOL!!!!
The PMS Stubborn B!tch
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 61
Mistakes
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:16:14 PM
Yup, I miss her,too and come to think of it she was right up there when it came to cool. Z =X.

meat me
Msg: 62
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 3:06:30 AM
Msg 58
W0W
Gee thanks
Does that mean I could be be your b 1tch.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 10:42:12 AM

and knows that simplicity in writing is a greater sign of intelligence than turning a ten word statement into a novel.

suppose the mistake are
such writers have become conditioned
and turned in frustration to act what you explained in only 286 words

suppose the use of the lil smilicons indicating direction of thought doesn't mean anything anymore either
PC is a mistake, lol
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 64
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 11:51:21 AM
I made a HUGE MISTAKE .... a few days ago and I do need to say I am sorry for making some conclusions based on the term Malaise. A vague feeling of discomfort, one that cannot be pinned down but is often sensed as "just not right." = a vague feeling of physical discomfort or uneasiness, as early in an illness = a vague awareness of moral or social decline

I will honestly say that am sure everyone (regulars) here knows I was making direct reference to those topics of heated debate or opinions. I will need to thank the poster who supported me in that thread as not condemning but giving an opinion. I need to keep my thoughts within the theme of MISTAKE or my thoughts will be deleted. You see I cannot post in that thread anymore as I have used up my thread count in that post.

To Correct my MISTAKE:

What I might have done was ask the original poster what is it that ceases a poster to post and to move on.?

Someone else rhetorically questioned :

Which way should people be to be good participants in this venue?

I think it depends on the threads they are participating in. My suggestion would be to be respectful of whatever discussion/debate is happening within that thread. Join in as you are free to do so, even if it is a heated discussion between two people. It could be you or others ideas that will add to the debate or show a different perspective. Take that risk. This is a forum of opinions….what make it what it is - is the diversity of thoughts as others have said before me.

Instead of questioning your feelings that surface as a result of how you view a heated discussion, some peoples thoughts have surfaced as being too analytical or viewed as negative and responses made on an individuals character and other innuendos.

Innuendos: (An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.) We all know that the later is a learned response and it is not difficult to decipher. Regardless, I do have respect for a lot of posters here including those that have been impulsive with their thoughts.

Everything we experience is a learning experience!

Why?

Because we have a Choice!

Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 12:47:17 PM

ten word statement

RWW ^^^^

Know yourself, be confident, trust others, don’t worry so much.

sincerely, ML
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 3:54:03 PM
my biggest mistake is that I rarely can admit to them when I make them
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 4:41:19 PM

The fact that you COUNTED my words?
Priceless. Case in point

sacrifices I make, goes to show ya how much I care for ya and your well being, no effort too big

caring too much seems to be my mistake, thanks for pointing that out, hadn't noticed

ps, tell ya a secret, please don't tell... I can't count that far, but my PC can
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 68
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:21:47 PM
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

MN
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 69
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:52:59 PM
Damn lifeless, I'd say. Y'all need to take some prozac or something and stop taking everything so seriously. You're not running a nuclear reactor here.

What a horrible, dead clique this forum has become. Rancid even. Nitpicky.

There is the odd funny person who drops in from time to time for a chuckle. I follow them around when I want a good laugh in their travels to other forums in different space-time continuums.

Are you being serious or joking now? Maybe, we are not on the same page when it comes to being funny. Are you following posters around because you are laughing at them or with them?

I think humor is terrific but it has to be respectful at the same time. If your brand of humor is interpreted as malicious, then it really isn't humor ---- more of a mistake.

Sweet Jane
 MsBehavin1959
Msg: 70
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:14:47 PM
We all make mistakes..otherwise we would be perfect..hummmmmmmm someone perfect on POF... Seriously though, mistakes are what we learn from and make us stronger human beings. Some mistakes we can change and others we can't, so let them go...tomorrow is another day.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 71
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:32:20 PM
However, it the majority of people find a poster's jokes disrespectful and hurtful, I would say it is time to be a little more sensitive. Also, if you know and I suspect you do, Ms f, that your humor is hurtful to a particular poster who you follow (even to other forums), don't you think it is time to back off?

Personally, I think inside the box because thinking outside of the box is a mistake. It is so cliche. Everyone is thinking outside of the box these days.

Sweet Jane
 meat me
Msg: 72
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:25:25 PM
When I plant the sausage, I go for the inbox, or else I ask afterwards, was that a mistake
 debra2008
Msg: 73
Mistakes
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:56:45 PM
MM and MFA - don't downplay the value of the straight men. You need us as much as the forums need you. C'mon - you know you do!

Thanks for the laughs at our expense though. I was not disappointed reading these four pages!

Worse Than Ever
Msg: 74
Mistakes
Posted: 8/29/2009 11:14:55 PM
mistakes are sometimes made when people think i'm not paying attention. believe me, i try to ignore the more noxious green fume variety of poster...however, it doesn't matter how much avocado you put on your face - i've NEVER once seen a funny post by you, so i ask you now...PULL MY FINGER? LOL!!
Janie's Buddy
 Worse Than Ever
Msg: 75
Mistakes
Posted: 8/29/2009 11:58:07 PM
mistake - lifting your reptilian head from the ditch...LOL
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Mistakes