Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freetime2bme
Msg: 16
view profile
History
How do you learn to let your guard down, once you start dating as a single parent?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
[It's true that kids meet new teachers, coaches and other important people everyday, the difference is, those people have boundaries that they will not cross. A person I am dating has more leeway than that. Your kid is not going to the movies or dinner with his or her teacher, or coach. As well, his or her teacher or coach is not waking up in your bed the next morning.]

Like all boundaries the priest did not cross, please! I set bounderies for any person that comes into my home, date or other. I also check as need to be sure none are crossed, not hard to do in ones own home. It is harder at a school or a church, that was my point. Keeping what needs to be kept private from my kids, well I got doors in my house.
 SITH_16
Msg: 17
view profile
History
How do you learn to let your guard down, once you start dating as a single parent?
Posted: 11/6/2008 3:42:16 PM
OMFG! LMAO
You must be the type to be always right. And I am sure all your wall are sound proof as well so your kids can't hear what is going on. I compared apples to apples, and you want me to look at apples to oranges for the comparison. Of course I make sure boundaries aren't crossed that I don't feel should be but when it comes to another adult being introduced into my family, ie a gf, I feel like even I won't know that person for at least 6 months. You are gonna say you know someone after 2 or 3 dates? Hell, I knew my last gf for 2 years before we started dating and she turned out to be someone far different than I though. Feel free to have your own opinion on this. Tell you what, you raise your kid and I'll raise mine.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 18
view profile
History
How do you learn to let your guard down, once you start dating as a single parent?
Posted: 11/6/2008 3:54:57 PM
"Tell you what, you raise your kid and I'll raise mine."

Deal!
 NotInnocent
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/6/2008 4:59:05 PM
Simple anwer... you are not ready to date.. if you look for the flaw in every man then it is you that is the issue not the man. You aren't ready to date so you search for some reason why he isn't good enough to justify leaving him before it gets to serious. when youa re ready you will focus on the good, rather then the bad because no matter how good a person is, there is alway some undesirable traits that they have. Id you focus on those or finding them of course you won't stay. if you are focused on the good seeing it and finding it, then there is a better reason to stay.. but none to run..

You need more time to heal.. take it.. it's the best for everyone involved..
 NotInnocent
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:47:29 PM
Hey its not fun. I finally realized I wasn't ready to date after yet another man just walked away from me. I had to ignore all the guys and just find myself for awhile. and now i'm seeing someone who makes me happy everyday. It was worth waiting and figuring somethings out to be this happy by a mere phone call. I am not searching for the bad things. I definatly have my radar on, but i'm focus on the good and the things he does that he doens't have to do just to make me smile. You'll find that one day. It comes to all of us.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/17/2008 7:17:24 PM
It's called trust.. once you trust the other person it isnt' as hard to let them into your life.. just do it slowly..at a pace that is comfortable for all parties involved.

Dating is a game of chance.. you never really know someone until you spend some real time with them. see how they act in public, in resturants, movie theaters, how they treat thier friends and family or how they handle things when they don't go right or as planned. Watch what they do in situations that arise. People's true colors show through eventually. Until they do you just have to go with it, stay positive, and stay alert to what is going on.

Good luck!

My favorite quote (well one of 2 anyway)

~ Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear the words you say ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
 wileygy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:53:29 AM
never put your guard down until you are 100% comfortable.just remember that the new person is not the old.dont make someone pay for someone else's mistakes.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >