Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How many times have you been "in love"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 punkdchick
Msg: 101
How many times have you been in love?Page 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
once
 thecatt
Msg: 102
How many times have you been in love?
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:11:48 PM
6 times....
 checkingup
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:18:32 PM

Can I ask something: Isn't part of the definition of "love" as being never ending? If that's the case, can you really be "in love" (I'm assuming we're speaking in a romantic sense) more than once?If it failed, was it really love? I say no .

Yes when you really love someone, you love them forever. Sadly it does not mean that the other person will feel the same way and that is where the failure will come in. It is possible to love more than one person.

I am not speaking in a romantic sense, but more in the sense that yes romance is there, but more importanly that when you love someone as a person, you will love them always, even if that love is not returned.
 Draconic
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:47:51 PM
Zero times by my definition of "in love" . I have fallen for 2 women in my life, one in my teenage years and one in my early 20's. I said "I love you" to both, the first said the words back, but were in reality empty, and the other never reciprocated them back.

One of my exes "fell" for me, alas my feelings weren't as deep so we broke up. I vowed never to break another woman's heart since and haven't to date.

To me the phrase "in love" means that both people have fallen for each other, not just one of the two.
 plentyoflaughs
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:02:05 PM
The problem with such a survey, is that most man do not know what love is!!

People confuse lust, sexuality, senuality, acts of kindness for love!!

I believe that most people never experience real love. They settle for contentment,
security, financial freedom etc.

If you want to check this out for your self, ask your favourite lover partner etc.

"What does being in love mean to you?? Most probably have not even thought about the question and very few can answer.
 plentyoflaughs
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:19:02 PM
Squirrly!!

Falling in and out of "Love".

Is love based on a feeling or is love a decision???

Think about it before you reply!!
 HippyInASuit
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2005 6:43:26 PM
There are three basic phases of love:

1. Infatuation

2. "Falling" in Love

3. Actually in Love

I've never really gotten past infatuation. Some people are basically addicted to the chemical release that accompanies "falling" in love. Falling is the stage where you both do everything together and/or screw all the time.

The third stage comes as you learn the persons negative characteristics and realize they aren't perfect like you imagined them. When you accept a person totally, realizing their virtues and their faults and still loving the person is when you can say you've been in love.

Or so I've been lead to believe. As I said, I've never been in love myself. Anyone care to share come constructive criticism?
 tampablu
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/7/2005 7:19:42 PM
Never been in love.. Love dosen't exist in my life..
 ASweetNsexyOne
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2005 9:57:22 PM
"True Love" is such an awesome feeling, and I have only felt it once....Sometimes I wonder if I will ever feel it again... I sure hope so
 Jolie76
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/7/2005 10:28:18 PM
4 times for me................
 Capt Caucasion
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/7/2005 11:19:36 PM
Hmmm, If I keep track of the degree's of love, would this not be defeating?

O.K. Life and love and subsequent marriages would suggest three loves.
But In retrospect, The deeply inclusive heady steamy whirlwind handcuffed to each other, cry and hurt till you consider suicide stuff when it ended thing has occurred 8 times.

Wait, Don't laugh, (or Cry) I have seen the growth in myself to include many of the traits mentioned by both men and women in this forum....Those possess another question....or leaves me pondering....Was I really ready for the love? Or was I in the way of the love to give and recieve.....?

Ahhh Sh*t!! Somebody give me some prozac!
Can we just talk about sex and not getting laid again? LOL
 tyme_gypsy
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2005 11:37:02 PM
...31, 32, 33....
 fishbill
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/8/2005 12:16:47 AM
A good healthy love once, RIGHT NOW, yee haw!
 fishbill
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/8/2005 12:18:42 AM
This hippyinasuit guy is pretty smart for someone so funny looking. You, see it is possible for a male on here to agree with another man.
 jennifer j
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/8/2005 5:07:57 AM
3 times the day they were born they had my heart
 leafyone
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:42:06 AM
Once
 Aurielei
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:49:31 AM
Once.
 Blu_guru
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:20:02 AM
once too often
 who_the_fox
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:32:36 AM
once

maybe
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:40:49 AM
yes...you can be in love and it not last....sweety..I have loved 3 men..but have only been IN LOVE twice.....IN LOVE is that feeling that you cant get enough of them....whether it is in the bedroom...or out of the bedroom laying in front of the fire....whispering ..snuggling..listening to some sweet music.....just enjoying being together...and you guys who have met women who only wanted money....THEREIN lies the problem.....when a woman is truly in love with you....she only wants to be with you..not spend your money.....she wants to get to really know you...she wants to just look at you..she wants to KISS you deeply....passionately Forever....she loves hearing your voice...she loves touching you ALL over....she gets that soft look in her eye when she sees you.....and WILD hot...look for you on a daily basis....

as for why being in love doesnt last......sometimes.....either one or both have not matured enough yet....or circumstances such as job..distance....finanacial hardship...other responsibilities etc.....put to much stress on the relationship..and one or both decide they just cant continue like this....if Both people are truly in love....you would think Anything could be worked out...but hey that is Life...and some things are just unacceptable......my first love was a great friend ...lover.....husband....but a pitiful excuse for a daddy...and if my babies are not happy....how could I ever be?...tossed him out the door....head first...hehe...second one...great friend...OMG lover...hehe....wonderful daddy......or so he pretended to be cause he knew why I got rid of the other one..hehe....but alas....not a good husband...he had difficulty.......with keeping his hands to himself.......(and not referring to in the bedroom)...happened ONCE.....hurt me once...shame on you....hurt me twice...Shame on me..LOLOL..sooooooooo.....needless to say....he said he wasnt leaving...so he had to be physically removed...tsk tsk....so ...hopefully....number three wherever he is out there..will be what I want......my best friend....fantastic Lover....Husband(eventually..gotta take that slow) and a loving man to my babies....they are my heart....so where oh where are you ??? as I have told several...guess I need to update that profile huh?....hehe
 squirrly
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:32:35 AM

Falling in and out of "Love".

Is love based on a feeling or is love a decision???

Think about it before you reply!!

I believe the definition to be a deep feeling of affection and an intense emotional attachment. However that being said, of course we have to make that first step...make a decision to pursue something with someone. And I think it is only complete when the other person reciprocates. (stalking isn't being in love LOL)
 mikedanger
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:43:29 AM
a whopping one time! ...i've been INFATUATED 'bout a grillon....
to squirrly: primarily feeling, but both
 krazyxkat
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:48:58 AM
Seems the average answer is twice.

And I'd have to agree. I would probably have only been able to answer once if he hadn't passed away last year. In the recent months though, another man has come into my life, who I love as well.

*Kat
 Wild_Thinker
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:52:56 AM
I'm 31 and it's been twice for me. Maybe a third, but looking back, maybe I was wrong.
 anthony10306ny
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:54:10 AM
None as one has to have a true lover to be in love, where is she? you got me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How many times have you been "in love"?