Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Your brain - the sex organ      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 XHTML
Msg: 26
Your brain - the sex organPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Some wonderful responses to this thread. Thank you!!

Some were even a tad exciting and arousing.

I may have to further tweak my profile to see what sexy brains I might entice to nibble.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 27
Your brain - the sex organ
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:35:03 PM
Your brain is your largest sex organ and if your brain isn't healthy your relationships won't be healthy.

I started watching this fascinating TV presentation on PBS. Dr. Daniel G. Amen is presenting his "The Brain in Love - 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life"

Dr. Amen has discovered that data obtained with SPECT imaging (Single photon emission computed tomography) of the brain gives great insight into how we function in our relationships, including with love and at work. The SPECT images show brain activity (little, normal, excessive) and there is a strong correlation between the activity patterns observed in the images and people that suffer from various problems such as obsessive compulsive disorder, or ADD, alcoholism. These people tend to behave inappropriately for healthy relationships., for example saying the first thing that comes to mind instead of being tactful.

As it is difficult for all people to obtain SPECT images of their brains Amen has developed a set of questions, the answers to which provide a good indicator of the various conditions that might exist in our brain.

The conditions can be treated with natural neutrino, with medication, or with exercises, and successful treatment yields better, loving relationships.

This concept is worth investigating for anyone (including me) seeking to improve their relationships so I googled "dr amen the brain in love" and found many website links, including to the book which is surprisingly inexpensive.

I also found the doctor's website: http://www.amenclinics.com/

A couple of quotes for you:

You hold the key to stronger relationships, deeper connections, and heightened intimacy.

Everyone wants to know how to improve his or her love life, but so few of us understand the integral role the brain plays in attraction, keeping us excited about our partner, and helping us feel a strong connection. Based on Dr. Daniel Amen’s cutting-edge neuroscience research, The Brain in Love shares twelve lessons that help you enhance your love life through understanding and improving brain function. Filled with practical suggestions and information on how to have lasting and more fulfilling relationships, The Brain in Love reveals:

• How emotional and physical intimacy can help prevent heart disease, improve memory, stave off cancer, and boost your immune system
• How the differences between men’s and women’s brains affect our perceptions and interest in sex
• The science behind why breakups hurt so much, and what you can do to ease the pain
• Surefire techniques to fix common problems–depression, PMS, ADD–that contribute to conflicts
• How to make yourself unforgettable to your partner

The Brain in Love explains everything there is to know about the brain in love and lust, guiding you to the emotional and physical intimacy you need.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780307587893.html

Award winning psychiatrist, brain imaging researcher, and multiple bestselling author Dr. Daniel Amen offers an exciting new special with a fresh and compelling twist on brain health: how to use your brain to bring and keep more love into your life.
Research clearly tells us that being in a healthy, loving, affectionate relationship helps you be happier, live longer and even have a better memory. One of the most fascinating things Dr. Amen has learned from looking at more than 50,000 brain scans is that when we improve how your brain functions, even if it is troubled, you become more thoughtful, more loving and more effective in all of your relationships.
This program is divided into 3 parts:
Part 1: Dr Amen shows how the health of relationships is directly tied to the health of the brain.
Part 2: Dr. Amen discusses the differences between the male and female brain. It is often simple biology that causes us heartache.
Part 3: Dr. Amen shares 7 "brain based secrets" to make love last and to make it unforgettable, starting today.
The Brain In Love is fun, highly practical, research based, and can make a positive difference in the lives of many couples.

http://www.kqed.org/tv/programs/index.jsp?pgmid=18334
 Entzauberung
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/18/2009 2:50:14 PM
^^^

"The conditions can be treated with natural neutrino..."

Seems I foiled the good intentions of a spell-check by not paying attention.

The phrase read "The conditions can be treated with natural nutrition..."
 ritawayward
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/18/2009 2:53:03 PM
AH!!!!! thanks for clarifying BE!
Great link and info BTW!
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 3:15:26 PM
everyone's prayer ends with
Amen
 el_canuck
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:51:58 PM

There is low potential for a relationship (beyond a casual fling) if the other person fails to provide adequate mental stimulation.

That would make the brain a "relationship organ" as opposed to a "sex organ." If I'm looking strictly for physical satisfaction, how intelligent the person is will be fairly low down on the list of traits I'm seeking.
 meat me
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/19/2009 7:52:45 AM
I am always able to think much more clearly after a good oil change; and I haven't been thinking very clearly lately.
 Racemic Mixture
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/19/2009 12:54:04 PM

I am always able to think much more clearly after a good oil change; and I haven't been thinking very clearly lately.

You're sharing too much.
 Fa que
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/19/2009 1:07:09 PM
Jesus I hope my brain is BIGGER than my sex organ....

Anyone know how to play the organ btw?
 Merrylass
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 1:43:52 PM
Great post, BE! Dr. Amen is a fave of mine; he was sort of 'outside the realm' in psych for quite a while - people thought scanning brains to find disorders was less than professional or something. Now he's a fellow of the APA and people are paying attention to all his work, including his groundbreaking research and work on ADHD.

He's one of the brilliant minds showing us how our brains are just other hunks of meat which can fail in many ways if not properly cared for, and which need various interventions, including medicine sometimes, when they do fail. This work on relationships is just another facet of the fascinating and complex realm that exists between our ears.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/19/2009 2:19:13 PM
Time Magazine has just released a mag/booklet called Your Brain: A Users Guide. Among the many interesting chapters is one related to this specific topic. I have read several of the other chapters but have not gotten to this one yet. The booklet is well worth reading.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 5:34:50 PM

Your Brain: A Users Guide

I wonder what will they come up with next????

Sure hope all babies born in the future will come with that user guide attached.
Sort of like the one that came with the last wrist watch I bought. The watch only had two buttons to set time and date and alarm. The user guide was three times the volume of the watch and the print so small that even the young lad in the store needed mags to read it. Kept the warranty part of it , written in Swahili, thought it may come in handy some day
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/19/2009 5:50:58 PM
^^^ MMM Swahili! Sounds really sexy!!
My Brain user guide is in Spanish with a few key words underlined.
Two buttons eh! .... un poco limitado, no?

MN
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 9:28:59 PM

un poco limitado, no

ahhhh mimi fahamu! Penda angu bwana mwanaka mganga. Ahsante mbwana!

Mimi si hata a mchungaji

that'll keep your brain of sex for awhile
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/19/2009 11:28:31 PM
Mimi si hata a mchungaji???
That sounds very funny!

Actually the whole things does sound verrryy sexxyyy

MN
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 2:55:53 AM

Actually the whole things does sound verrryy sexxyyy

ahmmm, mwanaka mganga naranja (Mrs witchdoctor orange)

dunno what you like about sheppards,
just said I wasn't one
huh

Artist_for_YOU
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/20/2009 6:26:45 PM
Brains are nice, I'd like to shag my brains OUT !!!
 Worse Than Ever
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:59:54 AM
perhaps a basic course in anatomy could shed a new light on this thread LOL!!!!
The PMS "Brained him? damn near killed him" Poster
 esp60
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 11:20:45 PM
darn it...i guess that means i'm going to have to put a head shot on my profile
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/24/2009 10:05:57 AM

ahmmm, mwanaka mganga naranja (Mrs witchdoctor orange)

dunno what you like about sheppards,
just said I wasn't one ~ ML

Yes! Shepherds can be sexy too... like gardeners

Was thinking yesterday about the senses...I know we get attracted to someone for a variety of reasons which please different aspects of our being e.g. emotional, spiritual, physical, intellectual.
But! If I were to lose my sight, and his looks were no longer important to me, I really wonder what my choice would ultimately be!!

Has anyone thought about this?

MN I'm hungry.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/24/2009 5:56:22 PM
MN ^^^

Should you lose your vision wouldn't your choice ultimately be determined by how someone makes you feel about yourself, and how you can make them feel about themselves?

I think that is what would mostly influence my choice.
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:26:51 PM

Should you lose your vision wouldn't your choice ultimately be determined by how someone makes you feel about yourself, and how you can make them feel about themselves? ~BE

Good question! I've waited all my life for people to make me feel good about myself. Bad idea! I gave it up too late really, but I finally gave it up. Children need to be reaffirmed and welcomed into this world. At my age....it's up to me to feel good about myself.
If I don't feel good enough about myself I change whatever I need to.
And no, I am not here to make anyone feel better about themselves either (that's their job too). I am here to respect them and love them, period.

Some day I'd like to experiment and "lose" my sight for a couple of weeks and "see" how my world feels. I wonder how differently I may experience people...
Will I fall in love with their scent? Or their touch?
Will I be self conscious about my lumps and bumps that shame me?
My hair, my hair?!! How does it "look"!!??
Will my breasts be big enough, now that I cannot see them?
My wrinkles, will they matter less? Should I wear make up?
Will he be tall enough, handsome enough...does it matter?
Will his voice matter more?
Will I be more suspicious now, if I can't catch him looking at other chicks? Hehehe!

Etc. etc. who knows what would happen.
Interesting...NO?

MN
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:59:37 PM
Interesting...NO?

Ummm, interesting ???well yes and no. The brain can go many places the body may not be able to follow
But honestly MN, your question is unfair.
None of us could possibly know how you would feel about all the questions you raise even if all our answers were true you could change the way you feel at a whim. And no one could prove or disprove your or anyone else's feelings, they are what they are, n'est-ce pas?

Never mind blindness luv, our maker has included a sadistic touch to the life we must live, the greatest gifts of all talents put in the cradle and the fast learning abilities to boot, only to take it away one at a time.
Somewhere after twenty or so when we've learned most we can, still we lacked reason of prudence then. But boy, could we function, all senses ahoy! Forget the common ones!

Then consciousness sets in, usually cuz something we could do before is failing or mistakes are catching up. Prudence becomes a necessity with looks and eyesight fading, sound, smell and touch come into play for judgment. Success once again in our endeavors. The brain euphoric looses more reason as sound and smell recognition follow the fading eyesight in the need for bigger prescriptions until the ultimate awakening.
Hola, this is all a delusion says the consciousness to the brain your body isn't following. Let's make of it the best we can for now and agree all the desire for that which is but a memory of the past, it is futile and no regrets; that past was great, the only one we have.

So what really matter lumps or wrinkles, short or tall, the pettiness of all that is secondary?

Ask if your loving heart is in the right place, the feeling (remember the one that cannot be argued and can change on a whim) should be solid in commitment for companionship and love. The sex organs will aid the brain to such bond we call relationship.
all.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/24/2009 8:19:55 PM

I've waited all my life for people to make me feel good about myself. Bad idea! I gave it up too late really, but I finally gave it up.
MN

Are you saying you are hard to please? or perhaps you are raising the bar a tad out of reach?

My hair, my hair?!! How does it "look"!!??
MN

Hair just gets in the way. Wear a touque when its cold outside and a ball cap or sun hat for protection from the sun.

Will my breasts be big enough, now that I cannot see them?
MN

Size does matter! Even if we cannot see them there is something quite delightful to follow the contour of a well rounded, shapely breast with other parts of our anatomy besides our eyes... hands, finger, lips, tongue... okay, I'll stop here.
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/24/2009 8:59:05 PM

But honestly MN, your question is unfair.
None of us could possibly know how you would feel about all the questions you raise even if all our answers were true you could change the way you feel at a whim. And no one could prove or disprove your or anyone else's feelings, they are what they are, n'est-ce pas? ~ ML

No no no no! I was asking about YOUR feelings. I already know mine! I even know exactly when they are going to change!

So what really matter lumps or wrinkles, short or tall, the pettiness of all that is secondary? ~ ML

Not really if you read the profiles!
Hey! I'm petty too! And superficial, and vain! And proud of it!!

Ask if your loving heart is in the right place, the feeling (remember the one that cannot be argued and can change on a whim) should be solid in commitment for companionship and love. The sex organs will aid the brain to such bond we call relationship.
~ML

Amen!

Are you saying you are hard to please? or perhaps you are raising the bar a tad out of reach? ~BE

Al contrario mi amigo! It means you are off the hook! I am responsible for my happiness and you can join me if you want!
Now isn't that easy ??

Can I open my eyes yet?
MN
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Your brain - the sex organ