Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is your definition of sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 melodyof_k
Msg: 57
What is your definition of sex?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I consider all foreplay as a lead to sex
so why would I have foreplay with someone I didnt want to have sex with?
and yes, oral sex is sex.
if I just made out with someone...
but didnt end up having sex..
it is still foreplay...and I would only do that with someone I am in a relationship with but we had both agreed not to have sex yet. so we are kissing but we know we arent going to have sex at that time in our relationship.

I think I am going to look up sex in the dictionary.
just for the hek of it.
What is your definition of sex?
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:25:03 AM
Well...obviously it's another issue of limitations of language use.

A sexual act...something sexual...and sex, might be different concepts. And you can use the word, "sex", in different sentences and mean slightly different things. ^ Masturbation? Maybe masturbation is sex too, but it's just having sex with yourself.

Yep, I'm sure it happens...two people get together, one says they're a virgin, hasn't had any sex, but doesn't disclose that they've participated in oral with a hundred people.

Hehe...what a funny conversation.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:40:16 AM
I consider reading a thread on pof about sex, while masturbating at the same time, and typing with one hand , the definition of sex...
 femlady22
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/13/2013 2:16:56 AM
I used to define it quite narrowly myself. But then after taking a sexualities course I realized I had created a narrow definition for myself. In the course it was revealed people try to adapt a more "heteronormative" definition so that heterosexual sex of penile penetration of the vagina is the most commonly accepted definition. The problem with that definition is it negates the experiences of homosexual people who have only engaged in manual or oral or anal sex. Does that men they remain virgins forever? From that point on I redefined sex in my mind so that the definition includes oral, manual, anal or vaginal sex. So all forms of genital contact between both sexes, heterosexual or homosexual, whether ejaculation is achieved or not, is sex.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:05:10 AM
The biological definition of sex - I believe - is the act of insemination that allows the potential combination of genetic characteristics, whether or not that actually occurs (impregnation). Anything else is foreplay. Technically, then, intercourse with a condom is not sex, as it precludes insemination.

Personally, I'd include any activity where one (or more) people stimulate another person to achieve orgasm. That's a pretty wide range.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:10:33 AM
Medical,Technical and Definitive jargon aside:
Sex is a BUFFET...a cornucopia of recipe delights a la carte from the "Joy of Sex" and "Kama Sutra" and your own creative cooking skills......tonight's menu may start with appetizer erotica, a sampler of the sensual, meat and potatoes of mutual ecstasy and most deliciously decadent dessert that leaves all partaking sated and satisfied......anyone hungry? :D

(dang, i got to stop eating my chocolate and reading trashy romance novels.......)
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:33:09 PM
The problem with this post is the nature of the question: "What is YOUR definition of sex?"
Of course, most are going to answer in such a manner that comports with their desires.
Me, I tend to look at this issue from the point of view of the woman I would be involved with: would this activity I'm engaging in be construed as "sex" by my partner were she to know about it.
This, of course, would let me off the hook were I to kiss my parents but get me in serious yak-squeeze were I to plant one on the attractive lady at the pool.
Analogously, instead of defining this for yourself, ask what behavior would you approve of your partner engaging in. In my world, intercourse is only a small portion of what I would classify as "sex." There is so much more and some of it doesn't even have to end in orgasm.

TK

I thought drink's posting at msg 62 insightful
 OutMind
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:19:13 PM

The biological definition of sex - I believe - is the act of insemination that allows the potential combination of genetic characteristics, whether or not that actually occurs (impregnation). Anything else is foreplay. Technically, then, intercourse with a condom is not sex, as it precludes insemination.

Totally disagree with this.

Biologically, when humans have sex they secrete hormones that produce a feeling of belonging, such as Serotonin, Tryptophan and endorphins.

Sex in humans was not just to procreate, but to create a bond between the female and male, that way, the male, instead of taking off, would hang around and try to help with the offspring. Part of that process was to hide when the female would be in heat, or ready to ovulate. So if you look at the whole biology of sex, there's a hell of a lot more than just reproduction.

Read "The Sperm Wars" for more details.
 deerdog1
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:38:06 PM
Sally says ..Im a virgin ... John says but I saw you behind the locker room with a football player and heard moaning and heavy breathing ..Sally says oh that ,, I just blew them ..John says them who ?..Sally says the football team ...John says which team ?... Sally says both teams ...John says which game .. Sally says every game ..John says well I'm glad you kept your self pure for me ...;..I dont think so
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2018 2:38:04 AM
I can't say what I'm thinking but sex is sex on any level....and as for religion that's another story and lame as the physical thing is human.....this just amazes me at the topics here sometimes and the sounds of boredom....lol
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2018 5:54:54 AM
Personally I see penetrative sex, PIV as actual sex and anal as sex.
I don't see oral as sex even though it is called 'oral sex'.
To me it is just foreplay and I don't think it should even be called sex.
Fingering is not sex. or any other type of touching or even using other objects.
It isn't sex to me unless it is PIV.

Oral, fingering/touching is just playing/foreplay.
Not sex (imo/personally).

I only count on my 'list' people who I have had PIV sex with.
Not those who fondled me or
licked
lol
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2018 8:54:55 PM
I say any activity that involves sexual arousal and orgasm is sex. Not just that which can lead to conception.
 Cynderella
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2018 10:05:01 PM
Sex is all in your head....lol
Sex is as stated above...I agree 100%
#75 May I ask...
If your partner came home and said "I only ate her out, I didn't have sex so I didn't cheat."
Would this wash?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2018 3:03:41 AM

Sex is all in your head....lol
Sex is as stated above...I agree 100%
#75 May I ask...
If your partner came home and said "I only ate her out, I didn't have sex so I didn't cheat."
Would this wash?

It's cheating because it is sexual in nature but it is not sex.
Sexual:
Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions. Implying or symbolizing erotic desires or activity.
Also only cheating if I didn't agree to it and consent to it.
Obviously if I was unaware it was cheating in principle, unless I somehow was alright with that, but I can't be if I didn't know.
 julystorm7
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/21/2018 10:31:35 AM
There's different levels of sex. Let's use the baseball metaphor:

1st Base - French-kissing (tongues connecting), feeling each other over the clothes
2nd Base - Feeling each other under the clothes, can include handjobs
3rd Base - Oral sex
Home Plate - Penetration of a penis to an orifice (vaginal or anal)

We don't typically say we've had sex with someone unless we've gone to come plate. But if we did oral or handjobs we may have partially completed the sexual act. When you play baseball and only hit a ball to get you to first base but then get out, you've still been playing baseball. Sex is a step-by-step process. Sometimes you go from base to base and other times you head straight for home. There's a reason baseball has been used as a metaphor for sex so much because it works.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2018 8:27:50 AM
Msg: 64
But legally in the state I was in any form of penetration of vagina, anus. or mouth with any body part or object.

There must be more to it than that.

Because dentists are having sex 10 times a day with multiple partners, though they do wear gloves, so they do practice safe sex.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/22/2018 9:52:11 AM
yeah, but that's only oral, and like duh, evvvveryone knows oral isn't sex

:)
 HanoverFella
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/22/2018 12:19:59 PM

Because dentists are having sex 10 times a day with multiple partners

wow, if you’re seeing a dentist that repeatedly sticks his penis in your mouth, dude, you need to find a new dentist
 dragonbytes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2018 3:04:38 PM

wow, if you’re seeing a dentist that repeatedly sticks his penis in your mouth, dude, you need to find a new dentist

You must have a male dentist. If you switch to female, you will never go back!
Posted: 4/7/2018 8:53:07 PM
I dress up in a giant c*ck outfit and she dresses up in a giant hen outfit and I chase her around clucking and feathers flying. Real fun.

Or, if that just seems too lame...

I lie in a coffin, pretending to be a corpse. She comes into the room in a white wedding dress with "Here Comes the Bride" by Mendelssohn and then she pays her respects and cries and then proceeds to give me oral sex.
 CBGB77
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 11:43:32 AM

Posted By: HanoverFella on 3/22/2018 259 PM
Subject: What is your definition of sex?
Because dentists are having sex 10 times a day with multiple partners

You sound like an anti-dentite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 5:12:09 PM
Let us hope he did wash lol!! CHeating to me is more an emotional thing. Lots of men can have sex without any attachment and even when they dont know or like the woman.
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:02:18 AM
What is your definition of sex? Ask this person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4fx7gE2pGg
 beachjeri
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/12/2018 7:24:58 AM
i'm in the intercourse is sex camp.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/12/2018 7:43:18 AM
"I lie in a coffin, pretending to be a corpse. She comes into the room in a white wedding dress with "Here Comes the Bride" by Mendelssohn and then she pays her respects and cries and then proceeds to give me oral sex. "

>>>so then there's two stiffs in the box.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is your definition of sex?