Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do if you caught your partner installing spy cams in y      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lindy_3333
Msg: 18
view profile
History
What would you do if you caught your partner installing spy cams in your apt? Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well, as you said, she still has feelings for this man for some reason. Sounds like she needs more mental help than the scammer she is dating. She sounds desperate and extremely insecure. She must be getting something she needs from him, or else she wouldn't let this go on. As someone said earlier, this is a no brainer!

A teddy bear and a card?? She should be checking the rest of the apartment for other cameras and not only changing all locks, phones and other means of communications, but trying to find another place to live.

If he previously viewed here company, he probably has tape of here undressing too. This man is SICK and she is enabling him. I would be running so fast it would make his head spin.

I personally know about to many men taping the women they bed. One guy has literally hundreds of tapes of him and a lot of women he slept with along with many tapes of him and his GF of many years having sex and she knows nothing about them. He has cameras secretly installed in his bedroom. Either she has no idea or she simply doesn't want to know. I know I would be wondering what was in the cabinet my bf keeps locked over years of being together, and refused to tell me about what was in it!! Some women just would rather put up with some doubts and lies than be alone. As I said, they need as much help, or more, as the one using them!

Sad!
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 19
What would you do if you caught your partner installing spy cams in your apt?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:41:50 PM
why doesn't she take a man into the bedroom and put on a show for the looser along with somebody there to protect her,somebody there to change the locks, getting ready to press charges and follow it all the way through.
this is not a light matter.
this is demeaning, control, manipulation and abuse.
 ladyc4
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:09:55 AM

I would take his equipment and cut it up into little pieces.

OUCH! Lorena Bobbit rides again?
Add...hell, what WOULD you call it? Diced weiner? to
b*tchslapped, beaten, kneecapped, had the camera in question AND somebody's boot shoved up his ass...Jail oughta be like a freakin' VACATION!

Vacation my ass,with all this, jail would seem like HEAVEN!

Well, he'd get fired as my partner...his "severance pay" would be his spy cams shoved up his rear end so far that even ONSTAR couldn't find them. Have fun explaining THIS to the Emergency Room staff!
Cindy O
 carolann0308
Msg: 21
view profile
History
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:18:36 AM
First she did it without your consent and ready to violate your privacy because she's jealous.

I've been in that situation before and you need to tell her you’re going to get a gallon of milk and not come back or you need to change the locks, and your social habits to evade her. It will never get better physically or mentally for either of you. It's unfortunate that she has this problem that is living rent free in her head but if she doesn't do what it takes to help her self out there's nothing you can do.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/9/2008 5:18:12 PM

I'd charge him royalties for the juicy stuff he'd be recording. Might as well make a little profit.

(Oh, the net business happens after I turn him in to the police for a multitude of criminal acts, including stalking/invasion of privacy and just being an overall jackazz!!)
 Ferruginous
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:51:32 AM
He had his own key to the apartment meaning he was living there…
I don't think a key means that a person is a resident.

Someone may leave another person a key to their dwelling for whatever reason.
-perhaps they want a friend to check on their place while they are away
-perhaps they give a key to a friend who stores extra items in their home, that the friend has no room for in their own home.

Just giving someone a key does not imply that they have permission of the home's occupant to place spy cameras in the resident.

I may give someone permission to enter my house, while I'm absent, for one of any number of reasons.
But that permission certainly does not include the right to install monitoring devices in my bedroom, or anywhere else in my home, with my knowledge.

but what I read was someone who was claiming to be protecting…
What I read was: someone was caught very red-handed in the act of a serious invasion of privacy, and attempted to use the excuse that he was being protecting.

People who use violence to retaliate against anything are in my opinion… unstable
So are people who assume they have the right to secretly invade another's privacy.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:55:04 AM

Hello? He made reference to something that occurred in her house, something he was NOT present for and had NO prior knowledge of. He was CAUGHT installing a small camera in her BEDROOM without her CONSENT OR KNOWLEDGE. If he was so “concerned” for her safety, then why not install an alarm with a monitoring service, put up cameras on the OUTSIDE of the house, or get her a big ass dog? This is NOT an episode of The Freakin’ Untouchables here; we don’t need Perry Mason and Della Street to figure this one out. It’s the case of the Peepin’ Perv, Matlock.

That may be so, but there's a really good line from one of my favorite movies:

"Training Day"

"It's now what you know, it's what you can prove."

Unless they find other cameras in her apartment with recorded footage on them, there's really nothing much that can be done legally.
 blondbabenga
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:51:21 AM
You were right to tell her to call the cops. No matter how much you "think" you love someone and they are so sorry, it will never change. I would also change the locks and stop ALL contact. VERY STRANGE!!
 palmer f
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 10:50:36 AM
**Update**
Some on here were asking if she had slept with him at his place. And she said the answer to that is yes. I asked her is she was worried that he caught on film while she was there and she told me no, she trust he wouldn't do something like to her. Then I said to her; wasn't he just about to do that you when you caught him in the act. She then said to me that I dwell too much on a person's past mistake. So I dropped that and listened to what else she had to say to me.

She told me that he apologized again and cooked her, a nice home cooked meal at his place. This guy is good. Using the home cooked meal and the teddy bear to get her forget about what she caught him doing. She said that he also emailed her some old news articles about all the women that had been robbed and sexually assaulted in her town. He had attached to it some "Stats" that reportedly explained some ties between single women and being raped.

What she pasted for me to read is pretty stupid stuff and I can’t believe that it’s real. I think he just made it up to scare her and make himself look good. But here is some what I had to read.

A detailed study has shown that women with protective boyfriends are 5 times less likely to be assaulted than women who have an uncaring boyfriend or no one at all. 60% of rapists say that if they see that a woman has a protective boyfriend, they will avoid her and move on to some other women. So the conclusion of this study is that women with protective boyfriends are less likely to victims of rape and assaults.

It sounds so fake to me, but I can’t seem to get her to listen. I told her to be careful because I think this guy has done something like this in the past. But I can’t be sure if that is true or not. She told me I worry too much and I should look at the fact that she is safe and happy with him and that all that matters at the moment.

So anybody has any ideas on what I should say to her or how I can get through to her.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do if you caught your partner installing spy cams in your apt?