Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 4
view profile
History
When do you give up on a relationship. Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm sorry for your situation because I'm sure it's painful especially since it sounds like you're the one who doesn't want to let go. There's ALWAYS a chance however, IF she's already dating, my advice would be to take a break to get your independence back and established, let all wounds heal the best they can ...and then hit the dating world again.

Don't do it though until you're really over her or at least as much as you can be because it won't be fair to the next person who comes along or to yourself. Unless you're completely ready to move on, those old memories filled with hope that didn't die yet will prevent you from creating new ones and may ruin any chance of starting something new with someone who may potentially be wonderful. You need to be able to open your eyes without any shadows of your ex appearing and allow the new people to stand alone in their own light. Who knows, you may see things differently then and the world may become a brighter place. I sure hope so...

Best of Luck...
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 6
When do you give up on a relationship.
Posted: 11/7/2008 2:10:00 PM
Is she pulling a Murphy Brown on you?

What is the deal going to be with the child?
 Ron9
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/7/2008 2:14:13 PM
Your son deserves and wants your love ..... she don't.

Stop rationalizing away her condescending looks, words and actions.

(how do I know about the looks - words and actions? - I learned it over 20 years with my ex-wife)
 fancynanci
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 2:37:21 PM
When the mutual honesty, trust and respect are not present.
 agenteightysix
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 9:42:02 PM
Lets start by asking a few questions. I understand I can not get a reply so they are rhetorical in context. Do you live in the past or the future? Psychologist say you should live in the present and plan for the future. As a person are you healthy, do you have a good diet, multiple outlets besides work and sleep? I would work on those first. Next if you genuinely want to be with this woman, you need to logically understand why. The child is the reason she is in your life but, does not justify, why you want to be with her. If you figure out why her, and no other......then wait. Get you self in order first. Tell yourself you will be celibate for two years. That purpose is to work on some of your life goals, and gain respect from her in a different capacity than before. Most people do not want to go back to something they think was broken or not right for them. Like her you do not want to go into a bad relationship. So take time work on your life with out her. Chances are her current relationship will end and if it doesn't you will just be all that much more poised for when the right woman, for you, comes into your life. Because you are stronger and healthy There are many other things just as important as love. Trust respect understanding, tolerance, stability. Be happy and healthy and I guarantee you will find the right mate.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/7/2008 9:53:20 PM
Your WiFe has been a WAFFLER
This is what a Waffler is:
The Waffler just can't make up her mind. She can't decide if she wants you or someone else. She can't decide if she wants to have a relationship or just fool around. One week she's a member of the girls-just-want-to-have-fun club, and the next she's talking about having babies.
The Waffler hates making dates in advance. "Call me Friday and we'll talk about Saturday night." Or "I won't know until I talk to my veterinarian to see how my sick cat is doing." Greed keeps the Waffler from making any irrevocable decisions. If she commits to going out with you too soon, well, something better may just come along and then where will she be?
The Waffler breaks dates all the time, because something better does come along or because she simply changes her mind. The Waffler has a fantasy man in mind and a fantasy relationship. Since nobody's reality ever lives up to her fantasies, a Waffler who makes a date ahead of time begins to dread the date as it approaches. She knows you can never be as terrific as she is hoping you'll be.
One reason the Waffler isn't fun to be with is because she's never happy in the moment. She's always yearning for someone else, someone taller, stronger, richer, better in bed -- someone she'll never find.
I hope that I helped
 Marmite baby
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:47:00 AM
I would give up if it reduced me to a nervous wreck! Reason for last break up.
 Noebelle
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:43:12 AM
OP if she's seeing someone else I would suggest you accept that it's past time for you to give up and there's NO CHANCE you will get her back.
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:21:32 PM
There's always someone else who is better than that. Get out of your funk (out of the track that your in) and find one who is going to treat you right.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >