Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > what is the best complement you have ever recived.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnzzz
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what is the best complement you have ever recived.Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
well im wondering what are some of the best compliments you have recived i will start with mine.

when i first went on a cycling trip a co worker offered me advice on travelling, he had told me that i should keep open minded but cautious as i met people along my journey. though he looked like he had a bad past so to speak; often cusermers would avoid this person or be skeptical when he handled their thingst this person had dealt with obvious prejeduce on a daily baisis. before i had left on my last day of work he had confided to me that he liked that i exhibited a quality of treating people how i like to be treated and that i had treated him fairly on a social baises.and showed that he genuanly apreciated this aspect about my personality. to me that is probably the best compliment i have recived.
 Wildcard74
Msg: 2
what is the best complement you have ever recived.
Posted: 11/11/2008 3:42:54 PM
I remember dating a woman a few years back. She refered to me as "Gorgeous" and mentioned that I looked better in person than I did in pictures. I was flattered and so far haven't had any complements even close to that lately. I was shocked, yet flattered at the same time.
 hard starboard
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:08:57 PM
When I got a pay raise instead of a pink slip.
 hard starboard
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:28:06 PM
Actually, it was when my parents told me I was a good kid after all.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/12/2008 1:44:43 PM
A former boss told me I had an innate talent at my job. Given that I love my career choice, and I'd wanted it since I was in grade 8, I consider the comment to be one of the highest and most meaningful compliments.

Though, also having one kid's social worker say "Can we keep you?" was great too. I was quite confused until she clarified that other lawyers the kid had had never seemed to fight as hard or understand the kid as much. She wanted to ensure if the kid ever got in more trouble I'd be there to advocate for her.
 INWITHTHENEW
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/24/2008 4:06:48 PM
I was told that I'm a "tough nut to crack" um....thanks
 mysticaries
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/26/2008 8:10:53 AM
Wow, what a cool thread.

I'm sure I've had more meaningful things said to me, but this one just melted my heart: "The goddess really went out of her way when she created you."
 jyason
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2008 6:44:33 AM
I work as an aid for my mom who lives in a government apartment near a school.

Today a very young black girl came over and asked me if I had a girl friend. I told her not at the present time. She informed me that she was speaking for her friend across the parking lot that wanted to be with me and be my girl and then she said the girl was 18.

I smiled and informed her that she was a bit young for me to *date*.

Not the first time I've been approached by several different age ranges of ladies there in the parking lot for dating (and they were ladies not hookers if your mind went there).

Most flattering and I could have all the sex a man could want if that is what I wanted. Fortunately I want more I think.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:52:18 PM
"You do that so good."

Not telling the rest.
 jyason
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 8:18:54 PM

To be completely honest with you out of all the guys I have talked to since I have been single (4 years) you are by far the best sounding.

I received this one this week.
 Wire Man
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:34:34 PM
Best compliment I ever received was at an art exhibition that I won second place in. The judge described me as a virtuoso. I felt amazing after hearing that!
 10of6
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/16/2008 6:12:41 PM
It was in the form of a $15,000 pay raise with a $10, 000 bonus. And it was indeed a compliment.

The next-best compliment: You must have a really well-connected cranial network. [I ended up dating this woman for two years; a fellow "scientista."]
 arwen52
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:00:18 AM
That I'm old, smart, and tough.
That I'm sick, wrong, and perverted.
That I'm dangerous but worth it.

Professionally: performers from three shows of Cirque du Soleil and two shows of Riverdance told me repeatedly I'm one of the best massage therapists they've found.

My ex husband said that I had more integrity than anyone he knew.

A sweet young Indian guy, half my age, told me on the eve of his return to India that I was the finest person he'd met in his three years in the U.S. and if he weren't returning to his country, he would have thought seriously of asking me to be his wife.
 buddypoke
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:19:19 PM
After working on a new project with someone for a year and became good friends in the process, he once said to me: "I hope my son grows up to be like you."
He was referring to my manners, my happyness, how I dealt with others respectfully and how I approached work and solved problems.

I feel that is the biggest compliment I received outside of my parents, teachers and childhood friends saying good things about me.
 softy63
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:02:43 PM
One day I was sitting at a bus stop. Two young teenage girls arrived and instantly started talking to me.

They asked if I was a teacher and that if I was, they wished I was their teacher because I looked really nice. They chatted to me for the whole trip, one of them hugged me just before getting off the bus.
 oddandy
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/31/2008 9:32:06 AM
I used to run a telemarketing room at night for a company I did loans for. When the time came to scale back and shut it down, several of the people told me I was the best boss they'd ever had. It made me feel really good because I always bucked the boss's ideas of how it should be done and worked to make it a fun environment that was also productive. The boss was satisfied with the results and I'm glad "my people" were happy to be there.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > what is the best complement you have ever recived.