Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strollinbella
Msg: 26
Old TV ShowsPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The Dating Game, and The Newly Wed Game, are a hoot to watch in reruns!! Hard to believe the clothes they wore, let alone the almost subservient manner of some of the women, and the "macho" boasting of some of the men.
 strollinbella
Msg: 27
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/25/2008 5:51:52 AM
Hi MagE...it has been more than 10 years since Another World was on the air. I loved that show...watched it from 1978 on...whenever I could.

I don't have cable anymore myself, but love to watch the old sitcoms and game shows when I am visiting friends or clients.

This sure has been a fun thread.
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:26:52 PM
Andy Griffith premiered almost 50 years ago. I think the show remains popular today because it brings people back to a time when life in America was simple and uncomplicated, and the pace of life was slower. IMO much of what is wrong with the world today can be traced back to the loss of small town values and ethics that were so well displayed and promoted in TV shows like Andy Griffith.
 toonsmith
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:28:25 PM
Interesting about Happy Days. It was a bit different when it started out.

They were filmed much like a movie then. Fonzie even wore a light blue jacket rather than the famous dark leather jacket. Richie even had an older brother that disappeared in later episodes? They did switch the format in which they were shot for television after a season or two.

It also boggles the mind that Andy Griffith was almost 50 years ago?

Unfortunately... small town values on television turned into Twin Peak territory where "strangeness" reigns supreme.

Dr. Quinn had some pretty good re-occurring characters that you loved to tune into?

We need another Andy Griffith type of show!
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 30
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/25/2008 10:56:06 PM
The Honeymooners.
To the moon Alice.
Hasn't been on here for quite a while.
 39 Peterbuilt
Msg: 31
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/26/2008 11:56:19 AM
OLD TV SHOWS are PROOF POSITIVE that mankind is DEVOLVING. not EVOLVING, our parents and grandparents were vastly more inteligent and morally correct that we or our childeren might ever become...
 whytwater
Msg: 32
Old TV Shows
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:57:20 AM

also - what about The Prisoner... remember that big ball named "Rover" that would bring people back when they tried to escape? I am not a number, I am a man...

I did watch the Prisoner, because I loved the intro where he drives a fast car to an office building, strides back and forth in front of a large desk, and slams his resignation down in front of the boss. The Prisoner was a spin-off of Secret Agent, imo a better show, which I watched religiously, because of Patrick McGoohan-rapid fire lines, clipped as can be, but your ear catches each word (true for everything he has ever done).
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:12:59 PM
Byrd,

Remember "NYPD" on ABC from 1967 to 1969? It was a gritty, well-written cop drama. Not to be confused with "NYPD Blue" of the 1980's. I was very young then but I remember watching "NYPD" in reruns.
 strollinbella
Msg: 34
RIP Mr. Bentley
Posted: 12/5/2008 1:01:35 PM
The Fugitive.
Mission Impossible.
Eddie's Father.
The Incredible Hulk.
Good Times.
 brunett27
Msg: 35
Old TV Shows
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:02:11 PM
Some of my old favorites include "Newhart", "The Golden Girls", "Leave it to Beaver", "The Bob Newhart Show", and "The Andy Griffith Show". Some of these were mentioned already but thought I'd throw my two cents in.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:04:56 PM
Men Into Space. 1959-60. 38 episodes total. Only one character- Col. Edward McCauley (William Lundigan)- appeared in every episode, most characters appeared only once, but this gave the illusion of having a much larger cast.

It's one of those few late '50s TV shows I'd enjoy seeing redone (PC retitled, of course, simply as "Into Space") with state-of-the-art effects.
 nipoleon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 12/30/2008 4:14:25 AM
The 1960's were definitely the Golden Age of network TV.
There was no cable and no VCRs.
Every night of the week was crammed with production shows from 6pm until the news at 10pm.
The early 60s were dominated by Westerns.
Gunsmoke
Have Gun will Travel
The Virginian
The Rebel
Wanted Dead or Alive
There were tons of them which most people don't even remember.
Then, the crime dramas started dominating in the mid 60s.
Mannix
Hawaii 50
Cannon
Too many of those to remember them all. When I was a kid, I could tell what time it was by what was on TV during prime time.

Remember when the Tonight Show was 90 minutes long and from New York ?
Johnny Carson often had 4 or 5 guests !
Remember the competitors on the other networks ? The****Cavett show ?

Cable and Satellite has ruined the Network dominance they enjoyed in the 60s.
The Networks don't want to make productions shows anymore because they are too expensive. Now it's becoming all reality shows which are cheap to make.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 12/30/2008 8:22:56 AM
Someone mentioned Flipper which triggered a show I enjoyed and haven't seen mentioned yet....Gentle Ben (w/ Ronnie Howard's little brother Clint).

I know what you're saying, nipolean, about knowing what time it was by what was on. Like Sunday evenings with Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom followed by Wonderful World of Disney.

Probably my favorite show? was L.A. Law even though I was 24 when it came on in '86. Remember when Rosalind died stepping into the elevator shaft? Back then, they had to 'write' the characters off a show....not vote them off.

Good thread, OP.

~ds~
 Orion67
Msg: 39
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 12:39:31 PM
Septimus,
I bet that you remember all those TV shows from the 1950s as I remember them.
For example, Sky King, My Friend Flicka, Annie Oakley and all of those countless westerns on black and white TV.
 Orion67
Msg: 40
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:16:37 PM
I forgot all about the Twilight Zone marathon. Darn it!
Some of the now famous actors who were not well known got their start on the Twilight Zone.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:58:38 PM

Can you believe Tom Hanks got his start in that stupid show....what was it called?

That was Bosom Buddies.
And I used to looooooooooooooooove Medical Center ---Dr. Joe Gannon!!!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:02:59 PM
And I forgot to mention The Waltons!
 ripley65
Msg: 43
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/8/2009 1:14:34 AM
Lots and lots and lots of great memories everyone here has brought back!!

One other thing that i really really like that is different now-a-days are movies. I LOVE watching those old movies on AMC...like from the 40's. The men in their suits and hats, the women all dolled up, smoking their cigarettes. The old cars. They all seemed to have slight accents in those movies too for some reason. lol But i do love watching 'em! I remember quite a few years back i was watching something with a young dapper Cary Grant (didnt know it was him tho) and i had to asked my mom who that good looking actor was! lmao I guess he was the Brad Pitt of his day! lol
 DevotedRomance
Msg: 44
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/17/2009 4:03:16 PM
I can name several tv shows that i grew up to that me and my dad would watch together.

midway
pearl harbor
tora tora tora
frankie and johnny
eldorado
to hell and back
even some of the silent movies from the 30's

wish i could remember them.
 mister_mark
Msg: 45
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/28/2009 11:22:53 AM
I dont know if anyone would remember this show/cartoon. But it kicked butt!
Bobbys World!
With the one and only
Howie Mandel!
 Amma63
Msg: 46
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/28/2009 9:36:32 PM
I well remember Land of the Lost .....only reason to get up on a Saturday morning was to watch Wesley Eure as Will Marshall!!~

Other shows I would love to see reruns of:

H.R. Pufnstuff
F Troop
Here Comes the Brides
Lost In Space
Mighty Mouse
Pink Panther

Gawd - why do I suddenly feel SO old???

B.
 RDtoo
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:49:20 PM
For some reason, I always seemed to like the weird shows that would soon be buried and never shown in reruns. Shows like "Good Morning World", "the Second Hundred Years", "Arnie" and "Captain Nice". The one I liked the most was a show called "the New People". It was about a group of college students marooned on a deserted island. Kind of like a strange cross between Room 222 and Gilligans Island, without the silliness of the latter. The interesting thing about the show was that it was one of only two 45 minute shows in TV history. The other one ran right before it and was called "the Music Scene", hosted by David Steinberg.

About 10 years ago TVland reran "Car 54", and it had to be the funniest tv show I have ever seen. I wish they would rerun it again.

More good ones:

It's about time
Voyagers
Fractured Flickers
Lancelot Link
The Good Guys
Tales of the Gold Monkey
 rickxyz
Msg: 48
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/16/2009 3:49:35 PM
Lancelot Link!!! Gawd I love this thread, just bring me back to Playboy after dark and Carson....
 torgo70
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/16/2009 4:58:58 PM
I remember back in the 80's we had a local UHF channel that aired reruns of:

Father Knows Best
The Monkees
others I forget...

I grew up watching either in reruns or when they originally aired:

Leave it to Beaver(the first tv show to show a toilet, it was the episode where Beav and Wally by an alligator, so the boys kept it in the toilet tank, that was the only part of the toilet they were allowed to show)

The Waltons, Welcome Back Kotter, Land of the Giants, Dragnet, Emergency, Trapper John MD, Marcus Welby, Andy Griffith Show, Get Smart, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Battlestar Galatica(I'll take the original any day over the crappy update), Buck Rogers, CHiPs, Adam-12, I Love Lucy, Angie, Riptide, Simon and Simon, Voyagers, WKRP, Taxi, Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, Incredible Hulk, SpiderMan(with Nicholas Hammond), Eight Is Enough, One Day At A Time, Gunsmoke, Lou Grant, Wonder Woman. The Munsters, The Addams Family, Mission Impossible, Vegas, Ozzie and Harriet, The Six Million Dollar Man, and The Bionic Woman....

Saturday Mornings-

Ark II, The Shazam/Isis Hour, Thundarr The Barbarian!, Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, Mighty Orbots, The Krofft Supershow(Island of Dr Shrink, Bigfoot and Wildboy, Superbuggy, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl)....
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/16/2009 5:00:47 PM
Since I've been laid off, I have a serious addiction to the Cheyenne and Maverick. I prefer Maverick episodes with James Garner. Roger Moore as a Maverick weirds me out. For some reason, I can't get into a cowboy with a British accent.

I also like the channel with Elvis movies in the afternoons.

*Sigh* I gotta get a job soon.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows